Janet

Support tickets: what you need to know

Janet

Please be aware that the support ticket system on this site has many functions intended for use by sites with a (much) larger staff. It offers options for "high priority" and "time sensitive" -- but those options are really not valid on TLE. 

Support tickets on TLE are managed by TeamTLE, and we are volunteers. We do not monitor the tickets daily, much less 24 hours a day! However, we DO manage the support ticket queue, and these days it rarely has more than 10 open tickets at a time, and usually only 3-4 open tickets. 

As a general practice, TeamTLE reviews the content of the support ticket queue on FRIDAYS. Occasionally private lives intervene and a Friday is missed, and occasionally we can react when we see a ticket come in via our private emails, but the normal schedule is to work with tickets each Friday.

EDIT, December 1, 2019: For the time being we are reviewing support tickets on MONDAYS. This is an experiment to adjust to changes in schedules. 

If you open a support ticket, you WILL ultimately get a response, and if your ticket is about a missed session, the session WILL ultimately get completed. Many things are dependent on Troy's schedule and state of health, so it may not happen as quickly as you might prefer. However, you can rest assured that behind the scenes TeamTLE is reminding (and bugging and pestering) Troy. So things WILL get done. 

If you need to report a situation that shouldn't wait until Friday, a support ticket should be opened, but you should also attempt to privately contact Troy or someone on TeamTLE (currently this is @Bobby, @Maureen, @Uma, and myself). For instance, if you are going to miss a scheduled session, it can be rescheduled, but it's very helpful to let Troy know so that he can adjust his schedule.

Exception: If something appears to be broken on the TLE site, there is a forum topic just for this purpose: Report Site Issues & Bugs. We prefer to manage site bugs via this forum rather than support tickets because it allows everyone to see when an issue has been reported and what the status is. 

Special note: If you do not receive a standard report (e.g., profile, 9 pillars, etc.) within a week of its scheduled date, please do not delay but open a support ticket immediately. TeamTLE cannot pester work with Troy effectively if we do not know about something that has been missed. 

Note from Janet: Troy has been sick a lot this year. Channeling takes special conditions in order to produce quality output, so you should always be aware that any scheduled session can potentially be delayed because those conditions are not met. It's the nature of the work. 

• LIKE/LOVE 17

ihynz

I have a session scheduled tomorrow, but it's been a few years and I don't remember how it works. Do I log in here and wait for an email? Do I wait for an email on my usual email? Can someone remind me? 🙂  thanks

Troy
48 minutes ago, ihynz said:

I have a session scheduled tomorrow, but it's been a few years and I don't remember how it works. Do I log in here and wait for an email? Do I wait for an email on my usual email? Can someone remind me? 🙂  thanks

For timely matters in the future,  please do as @Janet suggested below so you have a better chance of getting a faster response.

To answer your question, instructions and links are always included in your appointment email, your confirmation email, and your reminder email. If you did not receive those, let me know so I can check on that. Otherwise, just show up in the chat room at your appointed time and you are all set!

On 4/2/2019 at 12:11 PM, Janet said:

If you need to report a situation that shouldn't wait until Friday, a support ticket should be opened, but you should also attempt to privately contact Troy or someone on TeamTLE (currently this is @Bobby, @Maureen, @Uma, and myself). For instance, if you are going to miss a scheduled session, it can be rescheduled, but it's very helpful to let Troy know so that he can adjust his schedule.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

ihynz

Thank you, Troy!!!

Sam

Hi I was supposed to get a standard profile mailed to me on Tuesday but have not heard anything so I have a support ticket too, but saw this thread wondered how I may go about getting an update please. Thanks 

Troy
14 hours ago, Sam said:

Hi I was supposed to get a standard profile mailed to me on Tuesday but have not heard anything so I have a support ticket too, but saw this thread wondered how I may go about getting an update please. Thanks 

As stated in the original post: “As a general practice, TeamTLE reviews the content of the support ticket queue on FRIDAYS. Occasionally private lives intervene and a Friday is missed, and occasionally we can react when we see a ticket come in via our private emails, but the normal schedule is to work with tickets each Friday.” 

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience! We are a very small team and I am just one person so when I get sick or have any disruptions to my schedule, it takes a bit of time to get back on track. I’m working on backlog and tickets today so you’ll see a response today! Thank you for your patience!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Katja

I have a silly question. Where I can find support ticket? I don´t find any link. And I´m waiting a session, that should be already last spring.

Janet

Just a heads up that TeamTLE has switched the day for reviewing support tickets from Fridays to Mondays. This is an experiment to accommodate some changes to personal schedules. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

AnnaD

I don't know if I am asking a dumb question but where on TLE do I find my session which is booked for both Thurs Jan 09 2020 at NZ 0500h and Fri Jan 10 2020 at NZ 0500h? These are both 5Q sessions.  I have looked I think in the session tracker already but this is not filled in as yet for January 2020 with 60 minute scheduled sessions yet... Will this be rescheduled with Troy's new timetable and where can I confirm my new times if these appointments are rescheduled please? They have been rescheduled already from first week October 2019 so I would appreciate confirming a time sooner rather than later if possible, thank you 🙂

Luciana Flora

@Troy, @Bobby 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask .. but I took a look at my Apointments and noticed that the QR / QP  2019/2020 that I bokeed for February 11th 2020 is no longer showing up there .. I don't know if an error happened .. i just wanted to know if everything is alright ..

I have the apointment confirmation if necessary ..

Bobby
5 hours ago, Luciana Flora said:

@Troy, @Bobby 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask .. but I took a look at my Apointments and noticed that the QR / QP  2019/2020 that I bokeed for February 11th 2020 is no longer showing up there .. I don't know if an error happened .. i just wanted to know if everything is alright ..

I have the apointment confirmation if necessary ..

Luciana, go ahead and submit a support ticket since this might be an Appointy issue.  You can include the confirmation number in your ticket for Troy.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Luciana Flora
15 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Luciana, go ahead and submit a support ticket since this might be an Appointy issue.  You can include the confirmation number in your ticket for Troy.

Done

Janet
9 hours ago, AnnaD said:

where on TLE do I find my session

The session tracker and other management calendars are manually updated and sometimes not current. However, you can always find your own list of appointments even if they have not yet  been posted to a calendar. 

1. Use the option to "Schedule a session" to start. 
  2. Select your correct timezone in the popup window.
    THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: the time zone selected will convert appointment times from the Eastern US time zone (where Troy works) to your own time zone. So if you want to see your appointments with your local time, always be sure the time zone is correct for you. (For some people far from the Eastern U.S., this can mean a change in date, not just time.)
  3. Select the "Log in" option in the top left corner of the Scheduling menu.
      V
    Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.17.45 AM.png
  4. Log in using the same email and password that you use when you book a session. 
  5. Now your name will appear in the upper left corner. Put your cursor over your name to see a drop-down menu.
    Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.21.48 AM.png
  6. Select the "My Appointments" option. 

Now you will see a list of all your appointments with times from your own time zone. Not only can you verify the time but you can reschedule the appointment as well!

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.25.06 AM.png

Tip: For rescheduling, start by pretending you're going to book a new appointment so you can see available dates and times. Once you've found something available, log in and open your appointments. Then choose the reschedule option on the one you want to change.

Additional Tip: When the U.S. changes to or from Daylight Savings Time (currently on the first Sunday in March and November), there can sometimes be a 1-hour wobble in time conversions. If you have an appointment in the week following the time change, it is wise to double check your appointment time against the current session tracker. If in doubt, contact TeamTLE via a support ticket. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 3

NickF

Thank you Janet for this helpful post. All of the dedicated work you do here is greatly appreciated. .🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1

AnnaD

@Janet, thank you for that help, that answers my questions, and echoing what Nic F has said, thank you for all of the time you put in to keep things running smoothly at TLE, you do a wonderful job.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

ihynz

You canceled my 12/31 appointment.  So now Appoint says I have no appointments, and there is nothing to reschedule. At any rate, I do not see a "Reschedule" option. I will try to create a support ticket.

Irina

Edited by ihynz
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

Janet

Heads up! There is a BUG in the scheduling software that re-opens calendar dates for scheduling after Troy has blocked them off because he won't be working. 

And you can expect he won't be working around major holidays. Such as Christmas and New Years. 

When we find sessions scheduled during these times, they are cancelled (and the dates are blocked ... again), but you should receive an email explaining why and how to reschedule. At present there are many scheduling issues to correct, so if you didn't get an email, it will likely show up soon. You may still create a support ticket for instructions on how to reschedule if you don't get those instructions in an email from Troy. 

Beyond this, please help us! If you are booking a session and see a date available on or near a major U.S. holiday, please open a Support Ticket to question it. If you do this several months ahead of the date, it's much easier for everyone to shuffle appointments around. 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

Troy
20 hours ago, ihynz said:

You canceled my 12/31 appointment.  So now Appoint says I have no appointments

2 hours ago, Janet said:

When we find sessions scheduled during these times, they are cancelled (and the dates are blocked ... again)

Just to address these quotes above, I never cancel a session. I alert the student to various rescheduling options and leave it up to you to move. If you do not see your appointment listed in appointy, it is probably because you have logged in to a secondary account that you created. Some of you have created multiple logins and this can get confusing. Make sure you are logging into the correct account.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

Janet
9 minutes ago, Troy said:

Just to address these quotes above, I never cancel a session. I alert the student to various rescheduling options and leave it up to you to move.

And after some discussion, a clarification: if you don't take steps to reschedule a session when Troy alerts you to do so, it will SEEM like a cancellation when you show up for the session and no one else does. 😉

If it otherwise seems like a session has been cancelled because you can't find it in your list of appointments, best bet is to (1) be sure you got a confirmation email when you scheduled the appointment, (2) follow Troy's suggestion to see if you have multiple accounts and check all of them, and then (3) create a support ticket to ask for assistance. 

There are glitches now and then, so don't hesitate to open a ticket when you think something is wrong. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

ihynz
3 hours ago, Troy said:

Just to address these quotes above, I never cancel a session. I alert the student to various rescheduling options and leave it up to you to move. If you do not see your appointment listed in appointy, it is probably because you have logged in to a secondary account that you created. Some of you have created multiple logins and this can get confusing. Make sure you are logging into the correct account.

Thank you so much Troy and Janet!!  I did not realize I had created two accounts. Sorry for my confusion. "See" you later. Irina

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Janet
On 12/3/2019 at 9:37 AM, Janet said:

However, you can always find your own list of appointments even if they have not yet  been posted to a calendar. 

Sigh. It's two days later, and the scheduling app has been updated, and now all these steps don't work any more. You can still log in. You can still set your time zone. You can still see your appointments. Just expect it to be different from the instructions I gave up above. Once I know the app isn't going to change again this week, I'll update the instructions. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1

Janet

Amazing news! Troy has completed all his known backlog and all support tickets have been closed. 

If you still have an outstanding session, please open a support ticket asap. It would be lovely to have anything still out there completed as we start a new year. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1