Troy

A Field Guide to "Bad Faith" Arguments

Troy
13 hours ago, CurvyWords said:

This actually kinda sucks. TLE is one of the few places I can come and not have to deal with trolling (even subtle, intellectualized, bad faith "i just want to hear both sides" shitty centrist trolling that @Troubadour engages in). Is there a way to block people on here? 

Actually, thank you. I frickin' love you.

Fuck this shit. This not the time in history and certainly not the job of TLE to give a platform to toxic bullshit ideologies being "debated."

There is no debate. Whether your white supremacist ideology is wrapped in white sheets and burning crosses or wrapped in khakis and button-downs with calm, rational, condescending, patronizing dog whistles... it has no place here. Ever. In any way. 

TLE is expanding its official position on this messy subject of promoting or sharing of white supremacist ideology and I will post an official alert later today.  For now, consider this conversation over regarding the promotion of anyone who represents or gives a "balanced" or "rational" or "intellectual" platform for normalizing racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic ideologies. If there is anymore credibility or normalizing efforts given to this repulsive and sickening movement, the person will be banned. Full stop.  

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 8

Troy

Troubadour has been officially given a final warning and has now been put on probation with moderated posts. Please trust the decision made and supported by me and TeamTLE. This is not the time or the place for promotion or normalizing of anyone representing white supremacist ideology. It's unacceptable anywhere and any time, but especially here.

Thank you for enduring while I wrestled with how to respond to this strategy of "rational and calm debate" used for the relentless pushing of white supremacist ideology. I'm sorry it took me so long, but it's just not going to be tolerated around here anymore. At all.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 1

Amira Sa'Di

Hahahaha! The Fallacy Man! So funny!

I just ended a toxic relationship with a "logic nerd" who was notorious for the ad hominem strategy, among others of those aforementioned. He is a skeptic, king-cast-warrior in dominance, and I got so tired of debating the difference between a skeptic and a cynic. LOL! At some point, I'd just had enough of being "stupid," "wrong," "disrespectful," and "misguided" for my refusal to let him coerce me into taking on his narrow-minded views. Sometimes, you just gotta know when the battle is no longer worth fighting. 

Oh well.... On the upside, at least I got some training in dealing with Bad Faith Arguments! I try to appreciate even those people who get on my last fucking nerve. At any rate, I am pleased that I was able to provide a bit of challenge to brighten the life of a warrior who had been wallowing in depression before I showed up. He's in better spirits now, so he can carry on stirring up Bad Faith Arguments with others who need training. I love my spiritualist attitude!  All in Divine order...😇

• LIKE/LOVE 2