Jeroen

Seth on the topic of weather

Jeroen

I recently came across a chapter from Seth and Jane Roberts in the book "The Nature of Personal Reality" that delves into the relationship between collective human emotions and weather events. I know there is interest in the topic of weather here so I thought I would mention this. Excerpts from the chapter:

Chapter 18: "Inner Storms and Outer Storms. Creative 'Destruction.' The Length of the Day and the Natural Reach of a Biologically Based Consciousness"

"You do not simply react to the weather. You help form it, even as you breathe the air and then send it outward again. The brain is a nest of electromagnetic relationships that you do not understand. In certain terms it is a controlled storm."

"A rock in a stream will divide the water so that it must flow around the impediment. Your emotions are quite as real as rocks. Your collective feelings affect the flow of energy and their force -- in terms of natural phenomena -- can be seen quite clearly in a thunderstorm, which is the exteriorized local materialization of the inner emotional state of the people experiencing the storm."

If you have not had a chance to read this book, I would suggest reading it. I was reading through it slowly and I found that nearly every time I started to read a new chapter, the material of the chapter applied to my life events, recent thoughts or recent interests in some way.

Edited by Jeroen
  • LIKE/LOVE 16

michael_k

Apparently the winter during World War II was unusually cold. It was part of the reason the Germans failed so badly at their Russia campaign.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

CurvyWords

Thanks for sharing, Jeroen! I haven't checked out much of the Seth stuff, I sometimes have trouble intellectually understanding Michael and I hear they can be even more complex and esoteric but this did pique my curiosity!

• LIKE/LOVE 5

MichaelE
1 hour ago, CurvyWords said:

Thanks for sharing, Jeroen! I haven't checked out much of the Seth stuff, I sometimes have trouble intellectually understanding Michael and I hear they can be even more complex and esoteric but this did pique my curiosity!

You might check into Seth anyway. I also have trouble intellectually understanding Michael. I have found Seth's words seem to align better with my own understanding and natural way of thinking that Michael does not. I am going to be asking about it in an upcoming session with Troy. Seth is certainly more esoteric, but, for me, their way of communicating is like listening to myself.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1

NickG

@Jeroen I remember reading this book and only being able to take a few chapters at a time. Happens every time I read a Seth book. Read 3 chapters, let it all digest for like a week, and then rinse and repeat. Such a cool concept isn’t it? Thanks for posting it. I might have to pick up some new Seth books soon. Have been reading the Oversoul 7 trilogy but miss reading Seth’s channeled material. 

@MichaelE I’ve found that too. Michael just seems to give us the info and then we of course validate it, but the way Seth is channeled and speaks is much more enticing. So many moments of “woah’s” and “ahhh’s”

Edited by NickG
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Wendy

There's much more on weather and more in The Individual and Nature of Mass Events, but I suggest reading the books in order as they build on each other.  @CurvyWords I find Seth easier to understand in many ways than Michael as I find the math pretty incomprehensible.  I also have experience of what Seth is saying as I read which is awesome.  The books are made to do that! 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Luciana Flora

I can not compare Michael to Seth because I've never read Seth.

I had never even heard of seth before entering this community ..

And the first time I read someone talking about seth here I thought, Who the hell is Seth?After that I discovered that he is another teacher 

IN Brazil Michael and Seth are totally unknown .. nor book in Portuguese have .. so it's not something that you find in bookstores .. just across the internet ..

So I always wondered if really had an agreement to to find Michael in this life .. because honestly, I was not born in a place with ideal conditions for this meeting .. I think .. I think it may have been an accident ..

As for understanding Michael .. I agree that I do not worry too much about Michael's Math

I focus on roles, cast, mode .. what delayed me in Michael was the part that speaks of personality .. the math part I'm not so interested .. being very sincere ..

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

Bobby
2 hours ago, Wendy said:

There's much more on weather and more in The Individual and Nature of Mass Events, but I suggest reading the books in order as they build on each other.  @CurvyWords I find Seth easier to understand in many ways than Michael as I find the math pretty incomprehensible.  I also have experience of what Seth is saying as I read which is awesome.  The books are made to do that! 

Thanks Wendy.  Just picked it up on EBay for less than $5 including shipping! 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Cong

Interesting synchronicity. I attended an event hosted by a Chinese Seth group yesterday and 500 people were there. I wasn’t part of the group but learned about the event by chance. The speaker apparently made a big name by applying some Seth concept to his own teaching, gear towards how to be happy and live a joyful life. I wasn’t too impressed as it sounded too much like preaching and lack of Depth . His audience seemed to be late young or early mature. Nevertheless, it’s interesting to see someone made an esoteric teaching popular.

i like the discussion about easiness to read regarding Michael and Seth! For me, Michael is so much easier and I especially like the math part. I think it has a lot to do with your reading/math training as a kid (imprint). Back in China, reading(in any language) is much less emphasized but math and logic training are much more emphasized. Michael speaks in a way that’s very logical to me, but I can understand how it’s too dry for most people.

i guess it has to do with my high male energy ratio and frequency too.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Crystal

I recall that Jane Roberts was a Warrior, and Seth was an entity made up of Artisans and Sages. The M's are Warriors and Kings channeled through mostly Sages and Scholars. I wonder if that makes a difference.

I discovered Seth before I discovered Michael, and they both helped me understand one another in a way. I think that Seth can be a little more esoteric and wordy, and take more time getting to the point, than the M's. (One of my very favorite thing about the M's is their lack of bullshit and happy talk. I swear, when the time comes for me to get an individual session, I have to ask which cult I led in a Young Soul life, lol.) On the OTHER hand, Michael Math gives me a headache. I can just about figure out cadres and cadences and entities. The way I was brought up was something of the opposite @Cong experienced - in the 70's in the US, there was so much "girls aren't good at math" still around. I was good at reading and writing so I didn't really "need" to be anything but passable at math. I know everyone has different abilities but I'm so glad that THIS sexist BS has gone by the wayside at least!

• LIKE/LOVE 10

CurvyWords

Does anyone have any Seth ebooks they'd like to share? Or where I can read the material online? I'm pinching pennies here while I get my project off the ground but I'd love to check their stuff out!

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Juni
18 minutes ago, CurvyWords said:

Does anyone have any Seth ebooks they'd like to share? Or where I can read the material online? I'm pinching pennies here while I get my project off the ground but I'd love to check their stuff out!

Speaking of checking out, there's a good chance that your friendly neighbourhood library has them, or can get them via interlibrary loan.Including e-books. if no one here has a more immediate resource.  🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Janet
On 4/13/2019 at 9:33 PM, Jeroen said:

I was reading through it slowly and I found that nearly every time I started to read a new chapter, the material of the chapter applied to my life events, recent thoughts or recent interests in some way.

This is exactly what happens to me with Seth. Over several years I have been reading all the books in the order the sessions came through from Seth, starting with the Early Sessions series, and most recently finishing "Dreams, Evolution and Value Fulfillment," which I think was the last book dictated by Seth before Jane died. 

Seth is so dense that normally I can only do one or two chapters at a time. Then a day, a week, a month or several months would pass by before I picked up the next chapter, and the number of times the content applied to something going on in my life was amazing. Sometimes I wondered if the book chapters were rearranging and rewriting themselves solely to fit my needs! 

By the way, for those new to Seth, the books written by Jane Roberts* are far more readable than those dictated by Seth. If you're new to Seth, "The Seth Material" is probably the place to start. You can also try the Oversoul 7 trilogy, which are fictional stories Jane wrote to illustrate what she learned from Seth. I find that the trilogy has more meaning to me now that Seth's teachings have sunk in a bit. 

* For those completely new to Seth, Jane Roberts was the channel. Michael has said that Jane is the ONLY channel who has agreements with Seth.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Maureen
1 hour ago, Janet said:

This is exactly what happens to me with Seth. Over several years I have been reading all the books in the order the sessions came through from Seth, starting with the Early Sessions series, and most recently finishing "Dreams, Evolution and Value Fulfillment," which I think was the last book dictated by Seth before Jane died. 

Jane Roberts' last book dictated by Seth, The Way Toward Health, was written in 1984 and published in 1997. Spoiler Alert:  She dies at the end.  😢

image.png

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • SAD 2

Janet
6 hours ago, Maureen said:

The Way Toward Health

Yes, I know about this book, because Rob spoke about the potential to finish it in "Dreams, Evolution and Value Fulfillment." (There's also "Magical Approach," which the couple spoke about perhaps finishing someday while Dreams was being dictated.) 

Frankly, I am not keen to read "Way Toward Health" because, as far as I can tell, none of the info Seth gave Jane about her health was all that useful in the end (for her, anyhow), I grew tired of hearing about her "sinful self" being in the way of making full use of Seth's advice, and -- good grief already, WHY did she wait so damn long to see a doctor? Over a year of not being able to walk before she consented? 

I found the final chapters of Dreams to be less than satisfying, and I wonder if Jane's channeling accuracy was impacted along with her decreased stamina. 

I'm following my gut to skip back to the start of the Seth books now that the deleted/personal sessions have been published. There is early material that I think I will understand better the next time around, and I'd also like to have it fresh in my brain when we go back to ask Michael questions related to the session @DianeHB posted on Next Level Michael Teachings. I believe there will be a lot of overlap with Seth and thus validation opportunities. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Jeroen
On 4/13/2019 at 11:00 PM, NickG said:

@Jeroen I remember reading this book and only being able to take a few chapters at a time. Happens every time I read a Seth book. Read 3 chapters, let it all digest for like a week, and then rinse and repeat. Such a cool concept isn’t it? Thanks for posting it. I might have to pick up some new Seth books soon. Have been reading the Oversoul 7 trilogy but miss reading Seth’s channeled material. 

That is pretty much what I have been doing too is reading one or two chapters at a time and then taking a break which might be a day, a week or more. This gives me a chance to absorb more of the material and to see how I might be able to apply the material in my life. I also tend to get exhausted if I read too much at once. I think it has to do with the density of the material and the energy needed to digest the contents.

I have not read the Oversoul 7 trilogy yet but would like to. This trilogy is on my list. I am planning to read The "Unknown" Reality next.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Jeroen
On 4/13/2019 at 9:42 PM, CurvyWords said:

I started with the Early Sessions books before reading the others. This is a 9-book set. Reading these books helped me become familiar with the foundation of the material and to have a better understanding of some of the experiments and processes that Jane and her husband went through in their journey together with Seth. These books also help to connect with them on more of a personal level as they often wrote about their personal lives and interactions with others. You might check out those books first.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Jean Hamill

Janet: In one of the Seth books I read that Seth could cure Jane but she wouldn’t follow his instructions.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Wendy

@Janet that's really interesting about your take on Jane's books vs. the Seth-dictated ones.  I never had any interest in reading the ones by Jane (except "The Seth Material") until recently.  I first discovered Seth in must be '84 and read all the books that were available at the time.  After coming to Michael in summer of '17 I started rereading them all and have re-read all the Seth books except for "Dreams, Evolution and Value Fulfillment", which is up next.  I've also read the books which weren't published until late - "The Way to Health" and "The Magical Approach".  I'm also making my way through the Deleted Sessions, and I'm almost done with Vol. 2.  I haven't read any of The Early Sessions yet either.  There's so much more out there now!  

In reading through the Deleted Sessions, I've been surprised to find an intense resonance with Jane's core issues and I am meaning to ask Ms for validation about this.   Frankly, I had very little interest in Jane at all until now but now I want to read her writings too.  And Seth does say repeatedly that they are not following his instructions.

@Jeroen I've not read the early sessions but I think even on a second reading I would have found "The Unknown Reality"  incomprehensible without reading "The Nature of Personal Reality".    Of course, your mileage may vary!

@CurvyWords I have all the books I've re-read on my kindle and I can loan them to you in that format.  I think you could use the kindle app on your phone or other device if you don't have a kindle.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Janet
6 hours ago, Wendy said:

Jane's books vs. the Seth-dictated ones

At the very least, Jane's books don't have page after page of Rob's comments and footnotes. Which drive me crazy in the Seth books. 

You may find it interesting also that Michael recommended Jane's books. From a session on May 20, 2015:

Janet: On a different topic — although it may be related. I am struggling to find reading material to learn something new. Do have any suggestions for topics that might be of interest to me that perhaps I haven’t found or considered?

MEntity: If you have not done so, we can suggest OLD SOULS by our student, Tom Shroder; BEYOND THE QUANTUM by our student Michael Talbot; any book with an appealing title by our student OSHO; a revitalizing and moving depth of exploration of your Chakras by our student Anodea Judith; any book that is not authored by Seth, but directly from the author Jane Roberts. There are many more we can suggest, but we know we do not have the format available here for that extensive list.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Antinius
On 4/14/2019 at 6:30 PM, CurvyWords said:

CW, here are some books to start with.

This links to a PDF of Seth Speaks:

https://www.law-of-attraction-haven.com/support-files/seth-speaks-jane-roberts.pdf

And this links to The Nature of Personal Reality:

http://www.vielewelten.at/pdf_en/jane roberts.pdf

The Magical Approach:

http://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/Jane Roberts - Seth - Magical Approach [OCR].pdf

• LIKE/LOVE 2

CurvyWords

@Antinius Thank you so much! Can't wait to check these out!

Antinius

I hope you enjoy Seth too! I started reading Seth when I was an adolescent, so I probably skipped over some of the big words, but it was an excellent foundation.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

ihynz
On 4/14/2019 at 8:30 PM, CurvyWords said:

They have a very active group on Facebook that is always posting lengthy quotes from the books.

ihynz

Personally, I like Seth and have a pile of Seth books on my nightstand, but Seth is incredibly pedantic and verbose, like a college professor who just likes to hear himself talk. I often find myself rolling my eyes at the lack of verbal economy. But lots of good stuff, nonetheless.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1