Jeroen

Seth on the topic of weather

ihynz
17 minutes ago, CurvyWords said:

@ihynz Do you know what the group is called so that I can check it out?

"Seth's Speakers Apprentice Guild--Focusing on Seth/Jane ..." it's a closed group, so you just have to send an invite to join.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

NickF

Thought I would mention that I’m reading The God of JaneOver the years I’ve read Seth and have had to go really slowly. The concepts always took time for me to digest. Further,  I still wrestle with a good deal of the material. By contrast, books by Jane Roberts resonate for me better. The book I’ve mentioned here has become my favorite of hers. I’m almost finished reading it so I can safely say this. If you’re curious, take a look at the book. You may have to go to the Seth Center online God of Jane as the book is otherwise hard to find. 

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Crystal
On 4/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, Janet said:

Frankly, I am not keen to read "Way Toward Health" because, as far as I can tell, none of the info Seth gave Jane about her health was all that useful in the end (for her, anyhow), I grew tired of hearing about her "sinful self" being in the way of making full use of Seth's advice, and -- good grief already, WHY did she wait so damn long to see a doctor? Over a year of not being able to walk before she consented? 

I feel that same way about "The Way Toward Health." There are useful tidbits in it, but mostly I just felt exasperated, and also awful for Jane, whose health was in very bad shape for much longer than I knew when I first read "The Seth Material" so long ago.

"The God of Jane" goes into this in more detail, and also about Jane's background - she had a really harrowing childhood with an absent father and an abusive mother (who was, herself, disabled by rheumatoid arthritis).

There is another book I like, by Jane's friend and fellow Seth student (though not channel) Susan Watkins, called "Speaking Of Jane Roberts." I've read reviews suggesting that Susan was really negative towards her friend - but I thought she was rather just brutally honest about Jane's marriage and her psychological issues. Reading that book, it seems that Jane had both rheumatoid arthritis and Graves' disease (hyperthyroid) for much of her adult life, and always refused to see a doctor about it until she was so unable to move she got bedsores, and her friends staged an intervention to get Jane to the hospital.

I do love the Seth material - I don't find it quite so valuable as the M's, but there is a lot of really interesting stuff there. And I feel like Jane needed more love and care and attention to her physical being in her life than she got.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Wendy

@ihynz I wonder if that is a secret group b/c it doesn't come up on my search.  Can you send me an invite on FB to it?

ihynz
8 hours ago, Wendy said:

@ihynz I wonder if that is a secret group b/c it doesn't come up on my search.  Can you send me an invite on FB to it?

I didn't have the full name when I was looking at my phone, sorry, it got cut off. Try this: Seth's Speakers Apprentice Guild--Focusing on Seth/Jane Roberts books

Let me know if that still doesn't work.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

ihynz
23 hours ago, Crystal said:

wow, I didn't bother reading about Jane but weird ... I mean, she was Seth's ONLY channel, so you think Seth would be like, um, can you go to a doctor now

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Wendy

Yeah finally saw it with the full title.  Searching "Seth's Speakers Apprentice Guild" did not get it!

• LIKE/LOVE 1