Troy

NEWS: TLE on Discord! [experiment]

Troy

TLE ON THE GO! (3).png

WELCOME TO ANOTHER TLE EXPERIMENT!

WHAT IS DISCORD?

Discord is an all-in-one voice and text chat that's free, secure, and works on your desktop, phones, and tablets and across all platforms! Discord was originally created for gamers so they could "dis-cord" from headsets and still have group voice and text chat during games. Now, this amazing application is being used by all kinds of communities as an easy, quick, organized, extendable, and mobile platform for communication.

WHY DISCORD? What is wrong with Facebook Messenger or the regular chat room?

DISCORD lets us create a "server" and within that server, we can have as many "channels" as we want. Each channel will have its own focus. Do you want to just socialize and chat? There's a channel for that! Do you want to seriously discuss something related to the Michael Teachings? There's a channel for that! Do you want to chat about Fringe & Whackadoodle? There's a channel for that! Do you want to chat with fellow attendees to TLEGG and go over details about the event? There's a channel for that! Do you want to ask for personal support from the community? There's a channel for that! Do you want to private message a fellow student? You can do that! Do you want to voice chat with fellow students? You can do that! Do you want to video chat with other students? You can do that! All in one app!

FACEBOOK MESSENGER is great, but we have many students who are not on Facebook. Messenger lets you create one giant group chat, but there is no way to create topics or channels within that chat. We have to create entirely new discussion threads for every new topic. This can get really unwieldy and multiple chats are not easy to keep track of.

TLE CHAT ROOM/IRC is great for those who use a desktop browser for access, but once you move to a mobile device, the chat room can be very clunky. There are apps you can use to connect to our IRC servers that we use for TLE Chats, but these are all different for different platforms and different devices and they don't all work the same.

Basically, DISCORD is just... better. For a lot of reasons. If this experiment goes well, we will also be able to use it for Official Support and for Private Sessions and for Group Sessions. 

I'M WILLING TO EXPERIMENT! WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS?

STEP ONE: Start the process of registering/integrating Discord and TLE! NOTICE: there may be multiple steps of authentication and registration involved, so please be patient. 

STEP TWO: Use the various links below to access our private Discord Server however works best for you! Desktop Apps or mobile apps or good old web browser!

STEP THREE: Say hi in the TruthLoveEnergy Discord channel you arrive in and then poke around and explore the application and different channels available.

STEP FOUR: Please report back here and let me know what you think or if you have any questions! 

HAVE FUN connecting with this beautiful extension of our community platform!

START THE PROCESS HERE!

TLE-discord-icon.png

After you have registered and/or integrated TLE and Discord

CHOOSE YOUR PREFERRED PLATFORM

DISCORD ON THE WEB, WINDOWS and MAC DESKTOP, ANDROID, and iOS!

discord-logo-png-transparent.pngWindows Store.pngmac_os.pngGooglePlay.pngkisspng-app-store-iphone-apple-app-store-icon-transparent-5b5e1adcd3cd65.6513492315328939168676.png

• LIKE/LOVE 3

CurvyWords

OMG ANOTHER place to shitpost and get attention? Troy, you spoil me, truly. 

• LOL 6

Scout

Ok but I love this so much!! Honestly, I've never been much good with online forums for whatever reason! I'm probably going to be (and already have been) more vocal on a platform like discord .  Y'all nerds should check it out!

• LIKE/LOVE 2