DianeHB

Tamera Community

DianeHB

I know most people on TLE aren't interested in spiritual communities, but I learned about Tamera recently through a new friend who introduced me to someone who started an intentional community here in Seattle that was inspired by and modeled after Tamera, and it blew me away. Tamera was started in 1978 to experiment with sustainable technologies and community, which then evolved into centering on the healing around love, sexuality, and collective wounding because they can't maintain a stable social framework without healing these things in the community. 

There were so many things said in this video that resonated with me profoundly. I've been exploring plural relationships and have been deeply yearning for community. I know I can establish some level of intimacy with anyone, but with most people I meet, there is so much navigating to do around people's wounds and imprinting in order to establish common ground. I've felt like I had to settle for these kinds of relationships as my community and have a smattering of relationships that go deeper. I felt profound relief and tears when I watched this because I realized it was possible to even have such a community. In the video, they talk about the need to heal our collective wounding and to care for our environment, which are things that Michael has talked about at length. I saw glimpses of my future lifetime where water metaphors are used to describe forms of relationships. I saw the beginnings of a local resource-based economy — which needs to be based on a paradigm of contribution.

I am incredibly excited about this because there is already a community here modeled after Tamera, although not as fully fleshed out. My main skepticism about spiritual communities is that they can get kind of insular and dysfunctional, but I met one of the founders last night, and so far everything I've learned about it seems strongly aligned with my own values and desires as well as things Michael has said. When I get a chance I'll be asking Michael about them.

https://www.tamera.org/

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 4
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Stickyflames

Yes yes yes yes!

• LIKE/LOVE 3

lake

starting watching the video and will finish tomorrow.  sabine appears to be priest essence.  also there is a lot more to community than sexuality (healthcare for example) so I will see what other details she shares.... so far it's more like relationship counseling.  that's valuable, although she keeps talking about trust when grounding at even infant soul age (survival) hasn't been discussed yet.

edit:  finished the video.... it was mostly relationship counseling promoting free love.  eros needs to flow like water.  heal the physical planet with water reclamation and heal emotional lives of people with nourishing sexuality.

there is a book by sydney biddle barrows called "just between us girls" which sheds some light on the subject because she was the infamous nyc mayflower madame.  my guess is she is king essence.  in her book, sydney writes about the reasons that men see prostitutes... different reasons that eros is flowing to different people.... the interesting part is that she puts the reasons into two main categories.... 1) reasons you can prevent and 2) reasons that you can not prevent.  reasons you can prevent are caused by problems in the main relationship.  the couple doesn't solve the problems and the prostitute is a distraction or substitution.  reasons you can't prevent are due to temperament.... that the man enjoys variety, adventure, thrill of the chase, perhaps a thrill from getting caught.... no matter how good the main relationship might be... it will never be enough to satisfy this type of person.

in the love school, they put all eros in the second category.  erotic adventure is always about abundance, adventure, pleasure and fulfillment.  sometimes, sure.... although not always because eros can be used as a way to avoid problems, too.

@DianeHB  if you have a calling for healing work with water and sexuality, that is important at a fundamental level.  in the video, sabine and benjamin talk a lot about wounding.... collective wounding regarding sexuality.  it's true that many people are unhappy, so work in this area is gold as they say..... marriage counselors write about emotional needs in relationships... needs which are not necessarily intuitive such as the need for recreational companionship (doing hobbies together).... free flowing eros should be a choice and not a symptom of a failing primary relationship.  emotional skills like 5 love languages (gary chapman) or 10 relationship needs (willard harley) or 3 life stages of men from "keys to the kingdom" (alison armstrong)..... as relationships are more complicated than "free love solves our problems" although that's an ideal for some people.

Edited by lake

NickG

This looks amazing Diane. I can’t wait to read more about them. Thanks for sharing. I’ve realized over the past couple years how much I yearn for these types of communities and really want to see something like this realized in my own sphere one day. I actually got to experience a taste of college Greek life last Saturday and I really liked the concept behind it having a community of people share their space and lives together. I’d like something like that too, but minus the misogyny and toxic masculinity of course 😂 

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

DianeHB
20 hours ago, lake said:

starting watching the video and will finish tomorrow.  sabine appears to be priest essence.  also there is a lot more to community than sexuality (healthcare for example) so I will see what other details she shares.... so far it's more like relationship counseling.  that's valuable, although she keeps talking about trust when grounding at even infant soul age (survival) hasn't been discussed yet.

edit:  finished the video.... it was mostly relationship counseling promoting free love.  eros needs to flow like water.  heal the physical planet with water reclamation and heal emotional lives of people with nourishing sexuality.

there is a book by sydney biddle barrows called "just between us girls" which sheds some light on the subject because she was the infamous nyc mayflower madame.  my guess is she is king essence.  in her book, sydney writes about the reasons that men see prostitutes... different reasons that eros is flowing to different people.... the interesting part is that she puts the reasons into two main categories.... 1) reasons you can prevent and 2) reasons that you can not prevent.  reasons you can prevent are caused by problems in the main relationship.  the couple doesn't solve the problems and the prostitute is a distraction or substitution.  reasons you can't prevent are due to temperament.... that the man enjoys variety, adventure, thrill of the chase, perhaps a thrill from getting caught.... no matter how good the main relationship might be... it will never be enough to satisfy this type of person.

in the love school, they put all eros in the second category.  erotic adventure is always about abundance, adventure, pleasure and fulfillment.  sometimes, sure.... although not always because eros can be used as a way to avoid problems, too.

@DianeHB  if you have a calling for healing work with water and sexuality, that is important at a fundamental level.  in the video, sabine and benjamin talk a lot about wounding.... collective wounding regarding sexuality.  it's true that many people are unhappy, so work in this area is gold as they say..... marriage counselors write about emotional needs in relationships... needs which are not necessarily intuitive such as the need for recreational companionship (doing hobbies together).... free flowing eros should be a choice and not a symptom of a failing primary relationship.  emotional skills like 5 love languages (gary chapman) or 10 relationship needs (willard harley) or 3 life stages of men from "keys to the kingdom" (alison armstrong)..... as relationships are more complicated than "free love solves our problems" although that's an ideal for some people.

I don't have a calling for healing work with water and sexuality, I have a calling for spiritual/intentional community that also explores plural relationships. The relationship aspect is not all they're about, but it's a foundation for good reasons. Human beings actually aren't naturally monogamous at all, or there wouldn't be such high rates of divorce and infidelity, no matter what the reasons. Sex outside of a committed couple wouldn't even be a thing. A lot of our fears around losing a partner has to do with fear of losing resources as well. I also don't think that love can be limited to one person. We don't have problem with one person loving their parents and their children and their spouse at the same time, but god forbid they love and want sex with a non-family member other than their spouse. I suggest to you the book "The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity" by Esther Perel for a therapist's perspective that is more curious and non-judgmental. We simply put an enormous amount of expectations on a marriage these days to fulfill the needs that a community used to fill, and this has only been the case in the last 50-100 years. What is sad to me is when couples think they have to break up because one person in a couple fell in love with another, or the other person can't fulfill all their needs and they have to look for someone else. Our future is moving toward more inclusive relationships rather than exclusive.

I'm not sure what Tamera does as far as survival is concerned, since this video only shows one aspect of their work. Their website has a lot more information if you're interested. Survival as a community is not a concern for my local community because we're in an urban area and people have jobs. For me, I am strongly attracted to a community of people who do inner work, are intimate with one another in ways that mainstream society doesn't allow between men and women (or men and men and women and women), and also focus their unity outward by taking action to help the world. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

lake
39 minutes ago, DianeHB said:

I have a calling for spiritual/intentional community that also explores plural relationships

do you know steve pavlina's work?  he's a blogger who writes about open relationships and building community.  in april 2019, he was writing about "creating the peer group I've always longed for".... he's vegan and artisan-cast scholar in my opinion.... https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2019/04/creating-the-peer-group-ive-always-longed-for/

although I admire his originality, I'm not interested in joining his group because he's too ambitious.  maybe he has the goal of growth or he is young soul, but relentless self-improvement doesn't dovetail with mature soul nuances. 

for tamera community, I did look at the website.  as far as I can tell, they don't believe in money.  they want love, sex and "trust is their currency."  it's fine to give up modern healthcare as a choice, but a community that doesn't provide for physical health doesn't seem that safe.

edit:  "I suggest to you the book "The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity" by Esther Perel"  thank you for the book recommendation.

Edited by lake
  • LIKE/LOVE 1

DianeHB
1 hour ago, lake said:

do you know steve pavlina's work?  he's a blogger who writes about open relationships and building community.  in april 2019, he was writing about "creating the peer group I've always longed for".... he's vegan and artisan-cast scholar in my opinion.... https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2019/04/creating-the-peer-group-ive-always-longed-for/

although I admire his originality, I'm not interested in joining his group because he's too ambitious.  maybe he has the goal of growth or he is young soul, but relentless self-improvement doesn't dovetail with mature soul nuances. 

I came across Steve Pavlina years ago before I had the experiences that lead me into polyamory, and I had the same reaction to the relentless self-improvement. I now think it's a Warrior trait to keep pushing boundaries and challenge themselves. I don't know what he actually is though. 

1 hour ago, lake said:

for tamera community, I did look at the website.  as far as I can tell, they don't believe in money.  they want love, sex and "trust is their currency."  it's fine to give up modern healthcare as a choice, but a community that doesn't provide for physical health doesn't seem that safe.

LOL, I don't believe in money either. This is why I said I saw the beginnings of a local resource-based economy in their community. Michael through Troy has talked quite a bit about a resource-based economy as the future of how humanity manages resources, with the shift occurring within about 25-75 years. 

Here are some transcripts you can read on this: 

https://our.truthloveenergy.com/topic/539-choice-economy/

https://our.truthloveenergy.com/topic/466-economic-patterns-and-resource-based-economy/

https://our.truthloveenergy.com/blogs/entry/2422-jacque-fresco-~-the-legacy-of-a-magnetic-king/

https://our.truthloveenergy.com/topic/140-michael-speaks-on-current-events/

You can learn more about Jacques Fresco and his ideas for a resource-based economy at The Venus Project.

I don't know what they do about medical care, but it is not a concern locally for me. Most likely what would happen is that there would be few or no monetary exchanges for what the community can provide, and members still have to interact with mainstream society for other services and goods. The available goods and services within the community would expand as membership expands. We do something similar on a smaller scale on TLE with the way people share information and give mutual support. I do like the fact that my local group is in an urban area -- I prefer not to be insulated from the world since the goal is to help change the world. These communities have to start somewhere and build toward providing for all needs of its members. If we demand perfection from the beginning, we will never create anything new. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

Jeroen
14 hours ago, NickG said:

This looks amazing Diane. I can’t wait to read more about them. Thanks for sharing. I’ve realized over the past couple years how much I yearn for these types of communities and really want to see something like this realized in my own sphere one day. I actually got to experience a taste of college Greek life last Saturday and I really liked the concept behind it having a community of people share their space and lives together. I’d like something like that too, but minus the misogyny and toxic masculinity of course 😂 

I yearn for living in a community similar this too. In the neighborhood I live, I feel a lack of community. Hardly anyone says anything to each other and pretty much everyone does their own thing. There are even some territorial people nearby, e.g., this is my road and you better not mess with it (even though it is the only road in or out of the area).

I remember that @Cong had this theme channeled a while back that included you, her, Heidi, two unknown people, and I as part of a configuration. "The Task that is in process could be described as INTENTIONAL COMMUNITY. It may or may not be of interest to all parties in this life, but if the Task is activated, it would likely focus on a long-term concept for how to create, sustain, and nurture a virtual or local community that serves your highest intentions." I would love to setup a community based on something like this or a RBE together at some point in our lives. I do not know if that is realistic or not or even where to start. I would need to do some more research. I just know I have been growing weary and frustrated of the archaic systems in place today and current ways of living together or lack thereof. Also how we live so out of harmony with nature and the Earth.

@DianeHB This is an excellent video and informative. I watched it yesterday afternoon. Thanks for sharing it.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1

NickG
1 hour ago, Jeroen said:

remember that @Cong had this theme channeled a while back that included you, her, Heidi, two unknown people, and I as part of a configuration. "The Task that is in process could be described as INTENTIONAL COMMUNITY.

Oh yes I definitely remember. It was something that wouldn’t really be active until 2020? Just keeping he intention alive for now. I wonder what we’ll do with it. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4

DianeHB
6 hours ago, Jeroen said:

I yearn for living in a community similar this too. In the neighborhood I live, I feel a lack of community. Hardly anyone says anything to each other and pretty much everyone does their own thing. There are even some territorial people nearby, e.g., this is my road and you better not mess with it (even though it is the only road in or out of the area).

I remember that @Cong had this theme channeled a while back that included you, her, Heidi, two unknown people, and I as part of a configuration. "The Task that is in process could be described as INTENTIONAL COMMUNITY. It may or may not be of interest to all parties in this life, but if the Task is activated, it would likely focus on a long-term concept for how to create, sustain, and nurture a virtual or local community that serves your highest intentions." I would love to setup a community based on something like this or a RBE together at some point in our lives. I do not know if that is realistic or not or even where to start. I would need to do some more research. I just know I have been growing weary and frustrated of the archaic systems in place today and current ways of living together or lack thereof. Also how we live so out of harmony with nature and the Earth.

You guys can always start by researching intentional communities around the world. The website for my local community has a few links to the communities that inspired them: http://star-community.org/. Some of these places (including Tamera) offer training on how to create your own community, and they teach the structures and lessons that they learned. I think learning from these successful communities would be really helpful instead of starting from scratch, and of course also consult with Michael.

As far as how to start, I found my local community through a new friend who came across it on Craigslist while he was looking for housing. I honestly didn't even know something like that was possible, so I never searched for it. You can try doing a web search for your area to see if something like this exists, or you can start one by advertising on Craigslist or creating a Meetup group. Then just talk to people who show up to see if you're compatible and to create a mutual vision. All you really need to get started is 2-3 people.

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2

lake
10 hours ago, DianeHB said:

I don't know what they do about medical care, but it is not a concern locally for me. Most likely what would happen is that there would be few or no monetary exchanges for what the community can provide, and members still have to interact with mainstream society for other services and goods.

Intentional communities in england such as lancaster co-housing are like that.  part of a community, but the home is bought and sold like a regular home.  community work is required and outside jobs are allowed.  this community is a real environment and like a modern village.  whereas steve pavlina's community is virtual and includes sexual exploration.  integrated real life events like meetups and seminars with his blogging.  he does have energy or focus like a warrior, but also quick to end experiments that aren't working.

about the lancaster co-housing:

"Our multi award winning eco cohousing community at Forgebank consists of private homes, community facilities, workshops/offices/studios and shared outdoor space. We are around 65 adults and 15 children. We eat some meals together, make our decisions by consensus, and enjoy meeting our neighbours in our lovely pedestrianised street and Common House."

thank you for recommendations of TLE articles.  economic change has to happen because supply and demand is based on scarcity.  once you have success with overproduction, it's a problem with that success.  money is based on scarcity, so I can see future systems moving beyond it.  

• LIKE/LOVE 3

CurvyWords

LOVE THIS, thanks for posting Diane. Honestly I saw you mention something somewhere about dating and I was like.....wait a minute...ain't s-...ain't she married? And then when I realized you were likely in or into plural relationships I was like

tenor.gif?itemid=7621642

Funnily enough I just tweeted about open relationships

All in all I agree with you, I think polyamory is obviously the future, though of course we gotta get through the messy ass Mature Soul age collectively and do more trauma and drama to one another in the development of these communal spaces and relationships, but I know it's coming. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • LOL 1

DianeHB
1 hour ago, CurvyWords said:

LOVE THIS, thanks for posting Diane. Honestly I saw you mention something somewhere about dating and I was like.....wait a minute...ain't s-...ain't she married? And then when I realized you were likely in or into plural relationships I was like

tenor.gif?itemid=7621642

Funnily enough I just tweeted about open relationships

All in all I agree with you, I think polyamory is obviously the future, though of course we gotta get through the messy ass Mature Soul age collectively and do more trauma and drama to one another in the development of these communal spaces and relationships, but I know it's coming. 

You're hilarious, Ree. I think it's evident how much we've progressed already when I felt like I couldn't tell anyone other than one or two close friends 6 years ago when I started exploring this (i.e. fell in love with someone other than my husband), and now polyamory is a word in common usage and I feel much less inhibited about mentioning it in more spiritual circles. As Michael said in my future life session, polyamory (or losing strict boundaries on relationships) is natural for the Mature soul paradigm, it's just that we have to work through the Young soul imprinting of exclusivity and ownership.

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Luciana Flora

I never heard of it .. when I have time I'm going to watch the video .. I was curious .. although I probably will never paticipate to the polyamor in this life .. But if the person wants and everyone involved agree then these people have the right to live make up prefer ..

As for me I think I just do not give so much importance to sex and romantic relationships .. Not doing these things does not depress me .. What I like and I already missed is friendship .. It seems friendship is enough for me ..

And I will find it great if the world really becomes less money based .. the current economic system is very cruel .. if the person for some reason can not work to earn money she can not even eat .. I find this extremely cruel. .

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 3

CurvyWords

@DianeHB Yes! That's what I mean, that the Mature Soul process of learning to "share" will be messy at times but it's the natural evolution of relationships as these outdated models of monogamy are becoming increasingly constrictive. You might want to check out Kat Blaque on Youtube, she does videos about her experiences as a black Trans woman navigating polyamory and it's just really interesting content and adds to your observation that this lifestyle is absolutely mainstreaming in a big way.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

lake
On 5/28/2019 at 11:48 AM, DianeHB said:

read the articles and enjoyed such interesting ideas.  I never heard of Jacques Fresco before.  I can see how The Venus Project could be congruent with Tamera's work of natural resource reclamation.  interesting that it is named The Venus Project which implies sexuality rather than The Demeter Project which implies earth and harvest.

• LIKE/LOVE 1