Miizle

Newly sentient species going extinct

Miizle

So we have gorillas and bees about to go sentient. Both under grave danger of going extinct (well, if bees go, we go too...)

Is this a *coincidence* or are there some meaningful themes playing out here given our own history of being saved and transported as a species right at the start of our infantry? Has this been discussed?

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Connor

Some Gorillas are already Sentient. Bees are not yet, to our knowledge.

I think the burgeoning Gorilla Sentience says more about the Essences exploring life in Gorilla bodies than it does about Humans. I don't see it as a 'karmic test' for Humanity, or as something that was ever destined, or meant to be, because ultimately it was the freely made choice of those Essences to incarnate as Gorillas, and they would not have chosen to do so if they had not found some value in the prospect of sharing a planet with Humans.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Juni

Bees? I hadn't heard about that, only gorillas

• LIKE/LOVE 4

AnnaD

@Miizle, is there a reference to where Bees might be sentient? I haven't heard this at all, but, there is a lot I am unaware of too. Do you have a link for it?

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Miizle

@Juni, @AnnaD  there is a mention from fairly recent, i just can't find it with the search now! Fairly recent might also mean that *i* read it fairly recently 😏 .... I'm pretty sure it was liked or commented by @SunSand so Justine if you remember where it was...? 😕

However i did find another mention i had not read before myself, which is from one of Geraldine's sessions as below. Although here it says "has been considered for sentience" while i'm sure in the other transcript it was more like "about to become sentient".

"By no means is size relative to sentience. In fact, a species that has been contenders for Sentience on your own planet has been what you call Bees. 

The key for Sentience in its choice for a species includes the relative amount of manipulation capable over the environment, the relative amount of exchange with each other the species can have, the depth of experience that the species can access, and how closely it can be to the Sentient species already in place."

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Miizle
20 hours ago, Connor said:

Some Gorillas are already Sentient. Bees are not yet, to our knowledge.

Yep true, i was sloppy with my delivery. It was a "hey i'll post this question literally 1 minute before having to rush off!" sort of scenario - the only way i get anything done 😅 Sad but true, hello Impatience! 😛

Anyhow, thanks for the link. And you may very well be right with your speculation. It seems kind of odd, though, so i was also wondering if it was purely coincidental or somehow common for any reason for sentience to do this... it would seem really "dumb" though, to start the journey of sentience at the looming brink of a disaster, so i doubt any creature would want to plan it that way, but rather the exact opposite. And Michael did say our own situation was unforeseen. Which makes more sense. So coincidences, i guess. I just tend to find coincidences suspicious 😄

Eric

From what I recall, the transcript you posted is the more accurate, i.e. that bees were/are under consideration for sentience, but aren't yet sentient. I want to say that elephants were another species that was a very high contender for sentience as well. 

There is a transcript somewhere I think that mentions that, while gorillas are endangered in this parallel, there are others where they are less so or not. So the sentience that is gorillas is/will continue in some form whether or not they make it "here."

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

Miizle

Oh elephants, makes so much sense! They are quite incredible. But i suppose their natural habitat and survival is not going so great either 😕 -_- I wonder if there is a parallel where their sentience was or will be a go.

Connor

This transcript from 2008 is also worth exploring, since it asks one of the questions you asked: Why have Great Apes become ensouled when they’re on the verge of extinction?

MEntity: Both Human and Cetacean species were on the verge of extinction upon gaining sentience. Part of how a species develops sentience is often linked to the refining of the species to a small population.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 2

ihynz

I asked a channel about the bees one time, and they were like, huh? Not bees. So I have heard it both ways about bees now.