Janet

Something for healers to research?

Janet

This came through my feed from the Monroe Institute this morning: TMI Copper Wall Research

The article states: "It was a design originally used by Tibetan monks as an aid in developing what they called 'lucidity.' Researchers at the Menninger Institute extended the concept to engage in the study of electric fields generated by the human body and found that energy healers were producing quite large electric fields, too large to be explained by currently accepted physiological mechanisms."

The Monroe Institute follows Bob Monroe's ideal that psychic and metaphysical phenomena should be validated and investigated where possible using scientific methods. The article says those in meditation can sometimes generate these fields as well. I know that in some classes they put participants into labs and connect them to various measuring devices during the class exercises. I have one of those classes on my bucket list because I'm really curious about it. 

• LIKE/LOVE 13

DianeHB

Tex would be interested in this and I'll show it to him. He has played around with copper for years because one day he noticed that copper reflects chi/energy. When his back used to go out, he made a copper shirt by gluing copper foil to the inside of one of his work shirts. He would wear this while working, and it would keep his back from going out. Eventually this became just a piece of copper strip with magnets attached that he would tape to his back if it went out. He's got a story about the copper shirt that he always tells, but I'll let him tell it. The "theory" behind this is that energy leaves the body at certain spots that are "stuck" (he can feel this with his hands), and putting copper on that spot reflects the energy back into the body. This can tend to bring back the emotions that the person was avoiding which caused the energy to leave the body in the first place.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • WHAT/WOW! 4