I've been jumping all over the place the last few months, researching anything and everything I could find relating to my question of "What happens next?"  

Suddenly, it was an all consuming urge to "know"

• Hermeticism,
  • Kabbalah,
  • Jung's Red Book,
  • Blavatsky's Secret Doctrine,
  • Kundalini,
  • Tarot,
  • Astrology,

all these things and more I've researched, feeling like I'm just spinning my wheels, getting nowhere.  

Then the Michael teachings come back into the picture, after years of collecting dust in the far reaches of my mind, and now things have settled a little, I feel like I'm stabilizing, but only just, thanks to having my Essence/Personality profile channeled.

I've got this feeling that if I could make more definitive correlations, I'd be on the right track somehow.  In my gut I know there's a relation, but I'm either too close or too far away to decipher it. It's maddening. 

Specifically, I guess my first question is this:

Are the Kabbalistic Tree of Life and the diagram Troy shows in this post  at all related?  I couldn't find anything really on Gnosticism on the forums, but I feel the need to seek help in resolving this hurricane of info in my brain!

Attached the Tree of Life diagram for easier comparison

Cabalah-of-the-Hebrews-redrawn-web1.jpg

Edited by Scout
added Tree of Life diagram
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
Cheryl Varner

I have never seen this graph/ chart b4!  It is amazing!!  I need to print it out so I can read it better.... well, I guess it might help if I weren’t in my cell phone!

What is yr profile? In broad strokes??

cheryl

Old 4 scholar-cast warrior

• LIKE/LOVE 1
Cheryl Varner

My daughter and guy friend are both mid to late mature artisans and Pisces.  When they first met they commented on what goes on in their heads as Pisces (artisans); controlled chaos they both said...hard for me to imagine!  But the potential for creativity..,to see and feel the many strands of energy.... must be amazing!

however, you/they could prolly say the same about someone who is a one channel soul for both role and casting... hard to imagine!

It wasn’t until I found the M’s that I understood why I have trouble when I’m interrupted or how I can be blissfully lost in the details!! 

Both my loveable artisans are very creative in different ways....my son is a warrior cast priest mid mature... a very forceful and compassionate soul!

old warriors sometimes need some sage energy around them to bring some laughter and gaiety !!!

nice to meet you old sage!!  

Cheryl

• LIKE/LOVE 2

I'm always good for a laugh!! My first instinct in any situation that's super serious or heavy is to crack a joke. 

My internal monologue is going full steam ahead 24/7, never a quiet moment in my head! I've learned how to direct the chaos and stream it into productive (or approaching productive) flows. It's like a pin ball machine 😂

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • ARTISAN
Janet

@Scout -- I understand your impulses. I followed all leads on all types of spiritual topics until I found Michael. You're fortunate to have ready access to all kinds of materials via the internet: I had to dig through the small "Occult Topic" sections in the back of bookstores (hoping no one I knew would see me) to find the meager offerings that were available in print. And in fact that's where I found "Messages from Michael" one day: it was an "Occult Topic." lol 

I recognized Michael as my teacher and have had limited desire to explore other teachers since then except as a means to validate or invalidate what I get from Michael. Of course, that was nearly 20 years of researching various approaches before finding Michael, so maybe I was just ready to settle down then. I still read other books, but at this stage the author has about 1 chapter to prove to me that he/she is not a fraud or simply repackaging material I've already covered. 

The diagram you included possibly could be correlated to the 9 Pillars + Life Task. Why don't you try your hand at correlating them? There are a number of 9 Pillars reports posted by members here, so you can find what Michael typically includes in those reports to expand on the content you referenced. Attempting to correlate the two diagrams might help to validate or invalidate one or both of them. 

And by the way, the words used in your diagram remind me of wording used in "The Urantia Book." If you liked "The Secret Doctrine," you'd probably love "The Urantia Book." 😉 I found it too tinted by the religious beliefs of the sources and far too biblically worded to make much headway in it, but Michael has spoken of the book as having some truth: The Urantia Book

• LIKE/LOVE 9
John Roth

As far as  I can tell, there is no relationship. The Tree of Life is meant to represent the hierarchical relationships between the world (the lowest of the circles) and the Ultimate (whatever that is). The 9 Trues exist all at the same time and place. You might be able to find more of a correspondence between the Tree and the 7 Planes.

Most of what I know of the Tree comes from Golden Dawn style magic, where it's one of the fundamental symbols that also relates to the 22 cards of the Major Arcana in the Tarot.

This is about as far from basic Michael as it's possible to get and still be talking about the Occult.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • 1 month later...
On 6/25/2019 at 10:38 AM, John Roth said:

As far as  I can tell, there is no relationship.

This is about as far from basic Michael as it's possible to get and still be talking about the Occult.

I respectfully disagree with you on this @John Roth

I've been listening to this series on gnosticteachings.org and I've seen amazing correlations between the MEntiy  information and the steps and processes explained throughout the Beginning Here and Now lecture series ! They aren't always clear cut connections, but I can't deny they do share similarities.

I highly recommend this lecture series, and the whole site really. I use Stitchr podcast app to listen. They also provide text transcripts if audio books aren't your thing !

• 1 year later...
Philip Wittmeyer

@Amanda Missed seeing this post last year.  To some extent, I have your requests for information covered.

This year I can say that my book manuscript A History of the Overleaf Chart makes some correlations of Kabbalah/Sefirot, and Astrology, with features of the Overleaf System. You and others are invited to ask for that manuscript by emailing me at <wittmeyer@gmail.com>.

You mentioned Kundalini: My book manuscript, Making Love, covers Kundalini (and related Tantra) a bit, so you and others are invited to request that manuscript also.

Next year I hope to have another book manuscript, The Natural Sequence, in good enough shape to share with the Michael Teaching communities. In there will be a chapters on Gnosticism and Hermeticism and Theosophy and many other systematic mysticisms.

One of my aspirations is that Michael students come to appreciate the gift we have in the Michael Teaching as a synthesis of other teachings, which they said it was. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1

The diagram is derived from standard Tree of Life, in Kabbalah.

Here you go, Wikipedia style: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_of_life_(Kabbalah)

Enjoy!  None of it is personality types or enneagram.  It's a system of ascent.  You need a God-Concept for it.  You'dneed to work up theological chops for this apart from Michael -- not their thing as far as I've ever known, at least not here.

The system  as represented by the diagram ( and as developed largely under Islamic rule in Andalusia/Spain -- although "mysticism" will always claim to be perennial, right?) does relate to the "seven grades of being" and "Perfect Man" in Sufism, which predate it only somewhat, historically.  These cosmological trends were developments ca. 12th century (think: Ibn Arabi -- and good luck with that lol), and they were global (Mediterranean to Pacific).  You could say Sufism "started" around the early 9th C, however, although it's difficult to disentangle from Shi`i esotericism in that time (like, Isma`ili/sevener stuff).  It was ALL a lot more "mainstream" than folks let on these days, and this was the case for a very long time.

With any and all this microcosm-macrocosm correspondence material, you need initiation and a teacher.  Everyone agrees on that.  (Sorry, New Agers womp womp :( ) There's also no point in getting into it as a practice unless it's your religion (Judaism, Islam), and you also have mastered "exoteric" study, I think serious practitioners would agree.

Christian Gnosticism is its own thing, and is represented well by Eastern Orthodoxies.  Your basic neo-Platonism gets into the Latin West, certainly.  But for next steps East and West, Pseudo-Dionysius (ca. 4th C) is cool, but well you know, heretical too lol .  I like his apophatic ("negative") theology.  M is not into illuminating this contemplative stuff, at least speaking from my experience over the years.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
Philip Wittmeyer

@MegYour perception is the same as mine, that theology is not a big thing in the Michael Teaching. Nor philosophy. Nor mysticism. The Michaels are very sketchy on those subjects because their students are typically not much interested in asking questions about them.

Obviously you, Meg, are interested in those subjects, and apparently @Amanda. One of my aspirations is to remedy that deficiency with my books. Besides covering the esoteric systems that Amanda mentioned, I plan to cover the subjects that Meg mentioned. Research began decades ago.

The situation as I see it is that there is noise and there is signal in the various esoteric teachings, so my method is to compare and contrast them in ways that separate the wheat from the chaff.

My guiding template is the 42nd chapter of Lao Tzu's Tao Teh Ching: "Tao produced the One / The One produced the Two /The Two produced the Three / The Three produced All things / All things carry the Yin and embrace the Yang / Through the blending of the Chi they achieve harmony."

I regard this as the algorithm that systematically distinguishes the cataphatic from the apophatic theologies. Furthermore, because I see a convergence of mystical esotericism and scientific exotericism in modern times, I include logic, mathematics, and physics in my big syncretistic project.

The Overleaf System is generated by the algorithm. I refer to my book project as the Meta-Michael Teaching, because it explains the Michael Teaching from a much more comprehensive realm of synthetic/analytic abstraction; my project is not just another description of the mundane material.

If this project seems like it might be of interest to any TLE members, please read my books as they are released.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
Becca the Student

I'm admittedly more interested in this stuff from a historian's perspective, but I firmly believe there's a kernel of truth at the heart of every story or belief system. Personally, I like comparing and seeing where things overlap, for the same reason Michael intentionally works with several channels at a time: I find comparing the different spiritual or esoteric systems/teachings available for study often illuminates and confirms universal Truths for me, and helps me navigate the margin of error that's inherent to channeling. Also, I have many spiritual friends who aren't Michael students, and it helps me figure out a common language between us. Also also, I'm a skeptic at heart when it comes to this stuff, so getting the same message from different sources is often a way for me to let myself fully Trust in what I'm receiving.

I've never been super into Kabbalah myself, so I don't know how it relates, but I know a Reiki friend who learned it, and she's noticed a lot of similarities in concept. The Reiki Master who taught me did so as I was first discovering Michael, and I noticed a lot of the concepts I learned from her overlapped with what I was learning via Michael, so if Kabbalah and Reiki are similar, I wouldn't be surprised if Kabbalah had similar overlaps with Michael Teachings.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

That's so many languages and histories to learn you guys, wow, good luck!  A lifetime of study (and lots of resources) for any ONE of them for sure, my goodness.  @Philip Wittmeyer, it's really incredible to master classical Chinese!  What an achievement, my respect to you, real dedication. I only ever got through the first year of it at university, forgot all the characters I ever memorized by now...  I wonder how practitioners of these faiths, inheritors of these lineages, would view the ambitious project, and the implied politics.  I guess that's why you would hope your books read widely, makes sense.  Thanks for sharing your materials.

I suspect just from my own experience, and something another channel once said, that M has more commentary going on than comes forward verbally.  Maybe the standard Q/A "channel" format is not so well suited to this register, not sure.  On the other hand, M says they're trying to learn how to fetch and retrieve INFORMATION, so could be that's what it really is about.  They're pretty clear they're not supposed to be omniscient.

Philip Wittmeyer

@Meg You might have made some unwarranted leaps of inference. I have not mastered Chinese or any other language (if that is what you are implying), nor do I intend to. (There are numerous translations of the Tao Teh Ching.) My editor will tell you that I have not even mastered English.  🙂

Anyway, in my History of the Overleaf Chart manuscript, there are sections or chapters on the seven "chakras" of Hinduism/Kundalini, the seven "rays" of Theosophy, and the ten "sephira" of Kabbalah (which can be reduced to seven).

This is just my start of correlating the Michael Teaching with esoteric and mystical traditions. Much of this sort of syncretistic work has already been done by others, and it is conveniently documented by Wikipedians and elsewhere in books and on the internet.

So far as I have been able to discern, it does not require a PhD-level academic acumen or a genius-level ingenuity to correlate these various systems.

The keys of correlation have been handed to us by the Michaels, if one has the eyes to see them, and it appears that I may have the requisite modicum of talent for pattern recognition, and the gift of obsessiveness to use the talent to advance my Meta-Michael project.

So here we are. The attached document was extracted from the HOLC manuscript; it is about the Kabbalistic "Tree of Life", with which @Amanda launched this thread.

When I started to research Kabbalah early this year, I was astonished at the similarities to the Michael Teaching. Two books and Wikipedia provided enough reference material for me to do this job. More will appear in another book, The Natural Sequence.

I offer it as an introduction to evidence that there might (or might not) be some substance to what may appear to be pompous, pretentious, and presumptuous claims; you be the judge.

Because I have no academic credentials, I do not expect a wide dissemination of, or acceptance of, my work. I have six book manuscripts in various stages of completion; the first one was started in 1981; now in my retirement, finishing them fills my remaining time on this planet with meaning.

HOLC-Kabbalah.pdf

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1