Jump to content
Sarah

Unacknowledged

Recommended Posts

Sarah

Has anyone seen Unacknowledged on Netflix? I watched it a couple of nights ago. It's one of those documentaries that a lot of people will pass by because it looks like a crazy conspiracy movie about aliens. But... I can't stop thinking about it.

 

It's based on the work of Dr. Steven Greer (there's apparently a book, too, which I'd love to read if I get a chance) and the Disclosure Project. The basic gist is that there have been alien visitations (non-hostile), certain people know about them, alien technology has been recovered and reverse-engineered, and it's all being kept hidden from the public. The third section--which briefly talks about the kinds of technologies that are being sat on, technologies that could change our world for the better--made me feel like crying out of frustration. I'd heard of some of these things before (like the car that ran on water and Tesla's work to generate free electricity), but there's apparently more. Hearing that we've basically lost a full century of progress because of greed is hard to swallow; we apparently didn't need to pump all those carbon emissions into the atmosphere at all.

 

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this. What did you think?

 

(Just a quick warning: If you're going to watch it, be prepared for the opening credits, which are a montage of horrific footage showcasing all the terrible things humans have done to each other. I have a feeling that opening will turn a lot of people off, which is disappointing. Skip through it if it's too much for you; the rest of the movie is mostly interviews and archival footage.)

  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NickF

About 7  years or so ago I read one of his books, I believe it was called Contact. He makes a good case for the existence of ET’s and how it’s been hidden from us by powerful interests. I will look for the film you mentioned on Netflix. Thanks for the recommendation. It’s definitely a fascinating topic. 

  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oscar

The original Disclosure Project conference was in 2001, in the National Press Club. Here's the lengthy video.

In 2011 I asked the Mikeys about CSETI:

 

[Oscar] Does Dr Steven Greer (and his CSETI group) have actual contact with non-terrestrials and with which one(s) if so?

 

[MEntity] We do not see this fragment as having legitimate contact, but that does not mean he has not. It simply means we cannot see it.
We will say, however, considering the amplification of this fragment's claims, we would think we could see it.
There are good intentions at work here, laying groundwork in some ways, and legitimate contact is not out of the question at some point.

  • LIKE/LOVE 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ckaricai
5 hours ago, Sarah said:

Has anyone seen Unacknowledged on Netflix? I watched it a couple of nights ago. It's one of those documentaries that a lot of people will pass by because it looks like a crazy conspiracy movie about aliens. But... I can't stop thinking about it.

 

It's based on the work of Dr. Steven Greer (there's apparently a book, too, which I'd love to read if I get a chance) and the Disclosure Project. The basic gist is that there have been alien visitations (non-hostile), certain people know about them, alien technology has been recovered and reverse-engineered, and it's all being kept hidden from the public. The third section--which briefly talks about the kinds of technologies that are being sat on, technologies that could change our world for the better--made me feel like crying out of frustration. I'd heard of some of these things before (like the car that ran on water and Tesla's work to generate free electricity), but there's apparently more. Hearing that we've basically lost a full century of progress because of greed is hard to swallow; we apparently didn't need to pump all those carbon emissions into the atmosphere at all.

 

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this. What did you think?

 

(Just a quick warning: If you're going to watch it, be prepared for the opening credits, which are a montage of horrific footage showcasing all the terrible things humans have done to each other. I have a feeling that opening will turn a lot of people off, which is disappointing. Skip through it if it's too much for you; the rest of the movie is mostly interviews and archival footage.)

 

The disclosure hearing came up on an episode of Ancient Aliens (history channel) last week, which made me seek out a video on youtube. I bookmarked it but haven't watched it yet.

 

Car engines could have run on alcohol I think. I remember reading that somewhere years ago or some other substance other than gasoline. The only reason gasoline was chosen was at the time (early 20th century) it was cheaper and easier to find gasoline. That kind of blew my mind. The original patents can probably be found online.

Edited by ckaricai
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah
1 hour ago, ckaricai said:

Car engines could have run on alcohol I think. I remember reading that somewhere years ago or some other substance other than gasoline. The only reason gasoline was chosen was at the time (early 20th century) it was cheaper and easier to find gasoline. That kind of blew my mind. The original patents can probably be found online.

 

I believe there are cars that run on ethanol. It's often made from sugarcane or corn, so it probably was difficult back in the early 20th century to make it in any sort of volume. Now, it might be more possible (if the oil companies would allow it).

 

But the real mind-blowing stuff in the film was about zero-point energy. Fascinating, if controversial. I like speculating about all the "what ifs"...

  • LIKE/LOVE 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KurtisM

"Hearing that we've basically lost a full century of progress because of greed is hard to swallow; we apparently didn't need to pump all those carbon emissions into the atmosphere at all."

 

Totally agree. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about that.

But regardless of what we've done, what matters now is us choosing to share and act upon the diversity of alternatives NOW.

If you haven't heard of the Resource-based Economy already, do check that out. It's a vision of the world in which no debt, exploitation, servitude, money etc. is needed because we can create a world of rich resource abundance using our advanced science and technology with humanitarian and humanist principles.

 

It may interest you that Michael has said the 20th Century was a Century of Debt for all of humanity. The 21st Century is a Century of Choice.

  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petra

@KurtisM 

 

Focus on a wave, made up of dots, all Information available at any given moment in space/time and beyond, how much desire and passion does it take us, to know stuff?

 

No, we didn't need to pump all those carbon emissions into our atmosphere at all!

Each time I have to go to a gas-station, because I have to drive a combustion engine , I feel like a Heroin addict, knowing full well ,this is part of an unnecessary experience in my life, cause there was already known (suppressed) technology, even before I was born, and that's a long time ago, to avoid just that, and all of its consequences.

There is information and disinformation, there is this and that, its called all inclusive, it is up to us to override our inertia and find out what rings a bell in us.

The information is/was, and will be always there for us, nobody can suppress that doted wave, its ours shared.

 

Well, lets just keep moving in the Century of choice, after greed has eaten nearly all of the cake, that's all it could and will do, not knowing the horizons of so much more and grander, they went for the shortcake, and I insist I will not go back to the Flintstones and miss out on my hyper/mega cake sharing it with everyone!

 

Love You Kido

  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NickF

Just finished watching the film Unacknowledged on Netflix. It was really well done. I’d definitely recommend seeing it if you haven’t yet done so. Rather than give my own summary, I’ve copied a short description which I’ve posted below in quotes. 

 

“Unacknowledged" focuses on the historic files of the Disclosure Project and how UFO secrecy has been ruthlessly enforced - and why. The best evidence for Extraterrestrial contact, dating back decades, is presented with direct top-secret witness testimony, documents and UFO footage, 80% if which has never been revealed anywhere else. The behind-the-scenes research and high level meetings convened by Dr. Steven Greer will expose the degree of illegal, covert operations at the core of UFO secrecy. From briefings with the CIA Director, top Pentagon Generals and Admirals, to the briefing of President Obama via senior advisor John Podesta, chairman of the Hillary Clinton Campaign - we take the viewer behind the veil of secrecy and into the corridors of real power where the UFO secrets reside. The viewer will learn that a silent coup d'état has occurred dating back to the 1950s and that the Congress, the President and other world leaders have been sidelined by criminal elements within the Military-Industrial-Financial complex.”

 

(source of quote: Rotten Tomatoes 🍅 https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/unacknowledged )

  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew

@KurtisM @petra Ready for the real mind blower?  Electric cars existed in the late 19th century and were relatively popular, among people who could afford them.  I see the over reliance on cars as a symptom of a larger issue that involves the way human settlements are planned and built.  Cars weren't even a thing until the late 1800s, everyone managed to get around fine before that!  Doesn't matter where the energy comes from to move such a large mass.  Why are they "needed" in the first place

I've been thinking a lot about information I may be able to contribute here at TLE.  I don't have anywhere near as much knowledge as some!  But I'd like to start contributing some of my book learning via blogs & such.  The topic of urban growth and development is something I find fascinating.  Entire careers have been devoted to ideas and concepts in planning.  It's something that literally everyone interacts with and is effected by on a daily basis but is often taken for granted.  I like to think I know a thing or two about it, I've got a degree in it and it's been a personal study topic of mine for most of my life!

  • LIKE/LOVE 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DianeHB
5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Cars weren't even a thing until the late 1800s, everyone managed to get around fine before that!  

 

Andrew...people managed to get around with horses and trains before cars...they weren’t just walking. LOL That’s not to say we don’t need better urban planning and fewer cars, just that what people were doing before is not the best explanation for how we can do it again. 

 

Btw, Michael has said that when virtual and augmented reality becomes widespread, we can eliminate a lot of travel and commuting for work, education, and community because all of these things can be done from one’s home. This is a novel way of reducing the need for travel that would have a dramatic impact. 

  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...