Leela Corman

Janet

@Leela Corman -- The journalist from that project was on one of the MSNBC shows earlier this week. The pushback she's getting from the Faux News types is phenomenal, implying that it's all a ploy against Trump, and one Faux commentator actually saying it was all lies. The journalist said (I'm sorry I can't remember her name), essentially, "It's not as though I made up the historical date!" Reading this is on my to-do list. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Maureen

@Leela Corman, thanks!!  It'll take a while to read/view it all the way though but I've started. 1619 is a full display of the Overleaves for 2019, especially the Artisan Role and Realist Attitude (both stood out to me), and, of course, what Michael said about this being a pivotal year:

ROLE: Artisan (emphasized all year)

CENTER: Moving (emphasized all year)

GOAL: Flow → Acceptance/Discrimination (emphasized Jan - Mar)

MODE: Observation → Passion/Reserve (emphasized Apr - Jun)

ATTITUDE: Realist (emphasized Jul - Sep)

THIS IS IT - On a personal and global scale, it could be said that 2019 is a pivotal year for everyone on the planet. It is a Moving Centered year of great changes, endings, and beginnings. Grief will likely be a great part of the energy in this year, as well as relief. Allow room for both of these states because you may find yourself moving between them on a regular basis. On a personal scale, it will be helpful to determine that this is the year you will do what you have been meaning to do, and actually, do it. Own your strength and motivation and use your imagination and action and intentions to truly follow through with what you know will improve, calm, and fulfill you, even if this may seem to be a very minor thing. On a larger scale, consider your part in the collective patterns and follow through with any changes or practices you know will help “the world.” Be a part of the world and not apart from it. Own your place in the collective creation of freedom for your fellow beings on your planet. This is it. We are not being dramatic when we say that “the world,” and even your personal world, are in a pivotal state during 2019 and the greater your participation, the greater your contribution to the more fulfilling direction.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

Kerrin

Thank you, @Leela Corman, for posting this article.  Our nation's ugly history needs to be dredged up-  and everyone needs to learn about it.  And there will be a LOT of denial and defensiveness- esp by our redneck neighbors in the South, hiding family secrets and stories they heard about "great grand-daddy", knowing their bloodline took part in these crimes.

The sad truth is that human civilization has been built on the backs of slaves ever since we progressed from hunter-gatherers.  Stronger groups conquered weaker ones and took them back slaves.  Egyptians used slaves to build the pyramids. Romans enslaved the Celts they conquered.  There are over 21 million enslaved people existing in this world TODAY, despite most countries having declared it illegal.  But impoverished people are easy to snag- esp migrants, women and children-  those who cannot defend themselves.  Modern slaves toil in the fishing and apparel industries, in fields and factories.  They exist in America in our prison systems.  Humanity has a LONG way to go.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2

DianeHB

I just finished reading the first article. I don’t know how any black person in this country could NOT go around angry all the time. 😢

• LIKE/LOVE 5