Sign in to follow this  
Sam K

A poignant discussion of climate grief

Sam K

Just thought I'd share this here, in light of what's going on in Brazil.  

https://youtu.be/CqCx9xU_-Fw

Should probably mention that it's rather... theatrical, so don't expect a straight-to-the-point lecture or anything, but stick with it, it's good stuff.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Marigold

Thank you for bringing this up. I was just about to bring up the subject as well. The Amazon rainforest has been burning for weeks...the lungs of the planet.

Also, recently, a coal mine construction near the Great Barrier Reef was approved by Australia.

Every country for itself, having the ''right'' to do whatever you want (even if it means major harm to the entire planet and species in the long-term) with the the land you have power over...is already outdated thinking from the dying current immature paradigm. Because nature doesn't recognize countries and borders, it's interconnected. And I can see these ecological events really bringing this to the people's attention.  The world becomes a much ''smaller'' place as we approach the Mature Soul Paradigm, but the problems need bigger and more cardinal solutions. Petitions, donations and protests are good and all but a situation like with the Amazon rainforest deforestation requires more actions such as  interference from the outside, law changes, serious sanctions of the corporations profiting off of it and a boycott of their products for a start. And of course, a move away from capitalism towards a better system.

Of course, I seriously doubt this happening any time sooner. How many politicians in key positions in the EU, US and other countries receive money from corporations like these?  A lot of them seem to mostly pay lip service when it comes to the environment and other social issues. And don't get me started on individual consumer choices and awareness. But we'll see how things will turn out, while taking our part in minimizing harm through our choices, for those of us who care. The lead up to the 2020 turning point (regarding the IS manifestation) is getting more and more heated  🔥 .

Edited by Marigold
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

KurtisM

I've heard numerous times and from numerous sources that 90% of the Amazon Burnings are for the sake of establishing Crops and Farms for the Animal Agriculture Industry. Especially for cows/cattle.

So not only are the Earth's lungs being choked, but it's being done precisely because of the convenience and complacency Michael has talked about. Plus, since cows produce methane from their farts and crap, which is an incredibly potent greenhouse gas, we're literally replacing rich sources of oxygen that heal the Earth, with one of the worst contributors of Climate Change.

I get it, people don't do anything about disasters that aren't happening directly to them. But the Earth does not separate itself into compartments, everything that goes in in these other lands directly affects the resource quantity and quality we have in our homes, because it's all interconnected as @Marigold says.

All of these borders and debts and greed for power and monetary systems can promptly go fuck themselves, but I guess they already are.

Anyways I'm gonna go figure out what I want to do next to help our world.

At the very least I've inspired friends and family to vote in the Canadian Election in October.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1

Ingun

There's also huge fires in Siberia, in the Arctic, with soot falling on ice or snow and makes it dark and reduces the reflectivness of the surface

which traps more heat. The permanently frozen layer, permafrost, melts and releases gases and reinforces global warming.

The Russian officials did not prioritise to put out fires in remote areas. Huge cities has been shrouded in heavy smoke and the smoke continues to be thick all over the landscape.

• WHAT/WOW! 1
  • SAD 2
  • ANGRY 1