SharvariJ

Michael's Wiccans

SharvariJ

I was wondering how many people here practise/have a deep interest in Wicca. I can't find much channelling about it on TLE, but I do see that people might be interested. I'm dabbling in the theory myself at the moment, and would like to start some discussions about the stuff I read.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

DianeHB

Michael mentioned that their students who are drawn to shamanism and earth religions were usually followers of the Infinite Soul Lilith around 4000 BCE, and those students who are drawn to more stripped-down philosophies were  followers of Lao Tsu around the same time. @Kerrin is the only one I know of on TLE who identifies as Wiccan, but there may be others. There are other Michael groups that like to mix it with astrology and shamanism. 

This info was from one of Oscar’s sessions but is not on his blog. Maureen posted it as a comment here:

https://our.truthloveenergy.com/blogs/entry/1335-peace-is-messy-but-so-is-life/?tab=comments#comment-3796

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 3

Heidi
10 hours ago, DianeHB said:

Michael mentioned that their students who are drawn to shamanism and earth religions were usually followers of the Infinite Soul Lilith around 4000 BCE, and those students who are drawn to more stripped-down philosophies were  followers of Lao Tsu

I hadn't known about this!

Come to think of it, I used to practice Wicca as a teenager before I really got into the Michael teachings. I also read quite a bit on Shamanism and was a big fan of Carlos Castaneda's work, which seems to dovetail with the mystical and ritualistic approach of earth religions. Even today you'll find me every now and then practicing some kind of ritual that involves a new moon and some crystals. 

This was very interesting. Thanks, Diane!

• LIKE/LOVE 12

Janet

@SharvariJ -- Perhaps you were a Druid at one time. Michael told me that Wicca "was born of and heavily informed by the Druid culture" and I researched Wicca a bit before I went to Ireland. I found no objection to their major themes, but I'm not terribly interested in pursuing them. 

I have a friend who is a Druid, initiated at Stonehenge in this life (but she was a Druid priestess at the time of the fall of Atlantis), and she convinced me to join a tour of Ireland in May, which focused on visiting sacred and archeological sites rather than the typical tourist agenda. We toured the Newgrange area with Gavin Bone, who explained the history of the area in a way that's probably not the "official" story. lol! Quite an interesting person and very knowledgeable. He led us in a Wiccan meditation. I found some of the symbology in the meditation to be a bit darker than I was comfortable with and so resisted it a bit, but the Druids and Wiccans in the group were heavily affected by the experience.

(Janet Farrar and Gavin Bone are well-known authors and Wiccan leaders. Janet was supposed to go along with us on our tour, but she had been quite ill. Still, she joined us for dinner on our last night, which thrilled many in our group.)

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Connor

@SharvariJ
I know Wicca and Shamanism are not the same thing, but they do often overlap, and I've remembered something Michael told me which I'd forgotten before. They claimed that the origin of ALL variations on Shamanism could be traced back to our earliest experiences of the Afterlife. In ancient times, when we were still a newly incarnating Design, we did not yet have any Cycled-off Essences to support us and provide a structure for the Afterlife. During that time, our post-mortal lives were supported by the more experienced Essences belonging to the Caretakers' Design (while we were on Sirius) and also the Cetaceans' Design (after we were relocated to Earth). Apparently, all variations on Shamanism are one of the most visible lingering effects from our being exposed in those early lives (and deaths) to Caretaker/Cetacean idea-constructs of the Afterlife.

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

Christian

Interest. A bit, but something always felt like, well we could do that again if you want.

I asked Michael about a recurring idea that I could heal people with my hands. It stemmed from a dream years ago where I was literally healing wounds ina fantasy setting by chanting and 'willing' the healing.

Michael stated that I had several past lives as a healer.  Two in particular.  One was a shaman in the south east Pacific Islands. And another was as a druid healer.

In this life, the modern versions of those just feel too much like pantomime. Like there is something missing. Or like a been there done that.

I get that people can get something out of it. It just felt hallow to me much like religon in general.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

SharvariJ
17 hours ago, DianeHB said:

Michael mentioned that their students who are drawn to shamanism and earth religions were usually followers of the Infinite Soul Lilith around 4000 BCE, and those students who are drawn to more stripped-down philosophies were  followers of Lao Tsu around the same time.

@DianeHB I do feel more resonance to Lao Tsu than Wicca. And my interest is more in the stripped-down versions than the original, I think. 

@Christian I've also felt that healing energy in my hands! I was only drawn to Wicca because I felt that I might find the 'something missing' in there. 

I've been watching the BBC series Merlin, and that's making me fascinated with Druids and whatnot 😂

• LIKE/LOVE 6

DianeHB
1 hour ago, Christian said:

Interest. A bit, but something always felt like, well we could do that again if you want.

I asked Michael about a recurring idea that I could heal people with my hands. It stemmed from a dream years ago where I was literally healing wounds ina fantasy setting by chanting and 'willing' the healing.

Michael stated that I had several past lives as a healer.  Two in particular.  One was a shaman in the south east Pacific Islands. And another was as a druid healer.

In this life, the modern versions of those just feel too much like pantomime. Like there is something missing. Or like a been there done that.

I get that people can get something out of it. It just felt hallow to me much like religon in general.

If you are interested in learning about energy work, I suggest taking a Reiki workshop. Energy work is really subtle and easily dismissed by people who mainly navigate by intellect and haven’t learned to pay attention to subtle feelings in their bodies (which is true for most who grew up in modern western culture which values intellectualism and materialism). I was one of those people and was convinced I couldn’t feel energy, then I took a Reiki class and found out I just hadn’t developed those senses. 

I took many other healing workshops after that, but didn’t end up going in that direction for work. Now I use it on Tex when he has back aches or cut a finger or something. I also use it for times when I have stress and it works quite well for anxiety and depression. 

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

ckaricai

@SharvariJ, I was wiccan for a number of years. I was attracted to the energy work parts of it. I guess I'm not and never have been a religious person. I didn't really care about the goddess and god aspects of it at all. I spent all of that time studying different energy work systems and symbolisms I guess is the best word for it: tarot, astrology, colors, auras, tai chi, name meanings, herbology, various mythologies and religions, numerology, various forms of meditation - anything that would aid in energy work.  I read A LOT of books. Of everything I did, practicing meditating was the most helpful. There were so many variations of wicca that I decided to hodgepodge them altogether and work as a solitary. No one system appealed to me more than any other. Eventually, I found the pageantry involved in every ceremony to be tedious and onerous so I stopped. I still pay attention to moon cycles tho, and I still have hot spots in my room where my altar used to be. If I burn a candle there, it burns at a different rate than anywhere else in that room. I think if I were to pick it up again I'd do away with all the ceremony, and I might come at the masculine/feminine energies with a different perspective than I had back then. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Patty

@SharvariJ and @ckaricai  I’m about where you two are - I like the idea of energy work, tarot, and even crystals, but have a hard time weeding through the religious aspects. I read a book a few years ago that I think was actually called The Solitary Wiccan that drew my attention to the moon phases - I’m certainly no expert, but I did notice that I sleep quite a bit better on full moon nights (and a sleep app verified it). Whenever it mentioned the god or goddess, I just mentally replaced them with focused energy and creative energy. Ultimately, there were way too many materials and guidelines on the timing of the “rituals” that seemed expensive and inconvenient for what are really just glorified visualizations. 

I have to admit, I like the idea of magic - using imagination and visualization to effect change in my life - but it really just comes down to approaching things with a creative and open mind, doesn’t it? Maybe that’s why Michael is so appealing.

Edited by Patty
  • LIKE/LOVE 7

AnnaD

I only got into Wicca because it was a superhighway to me being lesbian in my head, though, I was too socially backwards to join a coven, go figure, and even then, I imagine I would have had issues with doing things in a particular way if the hard word came on me from the head witch/priestess. I find it hard to verify *energy work* anyway, so doing ceremonies seems like so much effort for no gain so why bother (for me), but from a working with the natural world point of view, it makes so much sense, but I am more a Taoist than Wiccan. It got me more into gardening though and nature appreciation.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 3

Miizle

Ooh, that Lilith / Lao Tsu division is some interesting info. Thanks @DianeHB! I have definite aversion to rituals, I just find them so ... well, @Christian put it quite well. Kind of pantomime. Bells and whistles... pretty but unnecessary. Plus I need things to come from me, not someone else telling me what to do. But this is not to say the Lilith way can't be just as good for those who are that way inclined, and it is actually really good to be aware of this.
(For extra confirmation, when I read the sentence "Michael mentioned that their students who are drawn to shamanism and earth religions were usually followers of the Infinite Soul Lilith around 4000 BCE, and those students who are drawn to more stripped-down philosophies were  followers of Lao Tsu around the same time",  the name "Lao Tsu" gave me a clear-cut bodily message, chills and eye burning (as in, could get teary but no need to, just a little burn :P) 

And that being said, I have/have had great fascination for shamanism. Particularly arctic. I'm sure I have had some profound lives in Siberia and as an inuit, the Siberian one(s) at least being heavily influenced by shamanism. And some non-arctic Native American too, actually. My "safe place", as established by a meditation years ago for channeling practise, is a teepee, I would locate it in Siberia. If I had the extra cash, I would buy a teepee now (I know where to get them and how much they cost, I regularly re-research, throughout the years... ;)).

So naught is black and white. I like very small ritual-like things like carrying crystals/rocks with me; on top of the actual energetic interchange I would say it does hold a ritualistic value to me as well. But rituals reaching any further than that - honestly I find them hard to do as I can't even follow practical rituals like breakfast or some kind of a grooming schedule. Just can't frickin remember what where when how - thank goodness i'm not a Lilith follower, this Personality would be set up for big time failure, lol.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

ckaricai
20 hours ago, Patty said:

@SharvariJ and @ckaricai  I’m about where you two are - I like the idea of energy work, tarot, and even crystals, but have a hard time weeding through the religious aspects. I read a book a few years ago that I think was actually called The Solitary Wiccan that drew my attention to the moon phases - I’m certainly no expert, but I did notice that I sleep quite a bit better on full moon nights (and a sleep app verified it). Whenever it mentioned the god or goddess, I just mentally replaced them with focused energy and creative energy. Ultimately, there were way too many many materials and guidelines on the timing of the “rituals” that seemed expensive and inconvenient for what are really just glorified visualizations. 

I have to admit, I like the idea of magic - using imagination and visualization to effect change in my life - but it really just comes down to approaching things with a creative and open mind, doesn’t it? Maybe that’s why Michael is so appealing.

Glorified visualizations is a very good way to put it. I got over the appeal of spell craft  pretty quickly. They never worked the way I wanted them to. It was easier to focus on moving energy around. 

I did like “an it harm none do as he will.” It’s super simple. There’s no holy book, no commandments, no nonsensical restrictions. Just, don’t be mean.  LOL 

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Becca the Student

It’s so fun to read how different people’s opinions can be on the same topic! Raising my hand for the “interested in both shamanism and Taoism” party.

Being happily Jewish, I adore rituals; I find them a way to organize and benchmark my intentions (for anything from self-care to energy work). My favorite thing about Passover is the ritual involved. 🙂 There’s a certain kind of Agape to knowing that everything we’re doing at the table that night has been done for centuries, in spite of all the suffering that’s led us here. This may just be my personal experience with Judaism — I’ve had eleven lifetimes being Jewish, one of them back when we were exiled from Judah by Babylon — but I’ve always found a deep global love and comfort in Jewish religiocultural rituals in particular. It feels like a way to wrap history around me like a down blanket.

For me, it’s less about other people telling me what to do, and more about tapping into existing energy structures and using the framework as handy shorthand to communicate with Essence or friends in the Astral clearly. Crystals and tarot, numerology, playing cards, shamanistic healing. I’m into all of them, and have found resonance and validation with all. 😉

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Eric

I've had some form of wiccan or pagan influence around me for most of my adult life. I've also made a number of wiccan/pagan friends the past handful of years and gotten the chance to join in events and rituals, which I've very much appreciated. I tend to think of myself as sort of a "friend of" wiccanism or paganism as I know a fair bit about it and do find value in it even though it's not my primary religion or spiritual framework.

In terms of rituals and ceremony, I've found that they can be very effective and useful, but I have also run into the pantomime and gimmicky "glorified visualization" before as well. It depends a variety of factors. Luckily, in terms of practicing magic, there are a number of tools and paths other than pure ritual out there, such as nature magic (using the inherent properties of stones or herbs or such), astrology, the various energy work systems, etc. I'm not very confident when it comes to less tangible energy work, so having some kind of physical component has generally been helpful.

The taositic/intellectual philosophy generally tends to be my primary, as it fulfills my abstract, intellectual needs. But I have found that I have enjoyed the physical, grounding effect I've gotten from some of the earthier, ritual traditions, as I can often get wrapped up in my head and abstractions and lose touch with the physical. In fact, it was at one of the wiccan events I went to that I not only discovered an enjoyment in ritualistic dancing but also sorta helped reignite an interest in music as a physical-spiritual phenomenon.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1

Kerrin
On 9/3/2019 at 10:39 PM, DianeHB said:

Michael mentioned that their students who are drawn to shamanism and earth religions were usually followers of the Infinite Soul Lilith around 4000 BCE, and those students who are drawn to more stripped-down philosophies were  followers of Lao Tsu around the same time. @Kerrin is the only one I know of on TLE who identifies as Wiccan, but there may be others. There are other Michael groups that like to mix it with astrology and shamanism. 

These days, I pretty much identify simply as Pagan.  I have dabbled in Wicca (and studied Shamanism as well) and I resonate with the idea of "ritual"-  but it all felt so backwards ("been there, done that").   I had found local "covens" to be ridiculous and most of the people I met I felt somewhat repelled by.   I became a solitary, but eventually figured out that we don't need chants & props in order to manifest.  But I do honor the Wiccan sabbats and follow the moon.  I get so very stuck in my head (intellectual centering) and the Earth religions help ground me.

• LIKE/LOVE 5