Troy

TLE Endorses International Pronouns Day

Troy

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL PRONOUNS DAY
What are your pronouns?
(he/him, she/her, they/them?)

-PRz3M9s.jpg

TruthLoveEnergy endorses International Pronouns Day, which seeks to make respecting, sharing, and educating about personal pronouns commonplace. Referring to people by the pronouns they determine for themselves is basic to human dignity. Being referred to by the wrong pronouns particularly affects transgender and gender-nonconforming people. Together, we can transform society to celebrate people’s multiple, intersecting identities. We encourage colleges, schools, workplaces, and local organizations to hold educational and empowering events on International Pronouns Day.

Basic Lesson: Gender Identity, Sexuality, and Biology are separate things. Our personal pronouns describe our Gender Identity, not our sexuality or biology.

It is okay to be confused or even overwhelmed by this shift of social awareness and inclusion, so just take your time as these experiences cross your path, and be open to listening and learning.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 1

Amanda

What up!?! I'm so here for this!!

I see myself as Non-Binary, but honestly, I'm fine going by the She/Her pronouns I've used since I was born.  Thankfully I've not experienced any gender dysphoria to the point that gendered pronouns cause me stress.  Although, getting a breast reduction was the best damn thing to ever happen to me, even though I pursued it for health/back issues, I'm finding now it's helped with solidifying my gender (non)identity! A literal weight off my chest, y'all!

I'll answer to anything, honestly.  (Fun fact:  before I even knew that being Enby was an option, I'd consistently be called by both male and female pronouns by strangers and friends alike! The look of "oh shit, my bad" on their faces when they said "yes sir" or "no sir" thinking they'd insulted me was always kind of amusing to watch! )

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2

Troy
47 minutes ago, Amanda said:

before I even knew that being Enby was an option

For those who are new to these terms:

via Gender Wiki -- Enby is a short form of "non-binary. " (as in, NB)  It is used instead of boy or girl to refer to non-binary people. Some people who identify as non-binary are uncomfortable with the word "enby," however, so many people will ask before using the word to refer to someone.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Evelin

People usually have names. I'm fine being called by my first name.

In most social situations I'd rather be just a person, known by my opinions or work or some other role.

I'm a "male-brained" (but annoyingly female-breasted) bisexual and I've often wondered in just how many situations do I actually need to know the gender of someone I talk to or interact with. Basically, only when I want to have sex with them, and even then it's not very important for me. Also, when I go to the doctor. That's about it.

I'm all for people being just people. Fewer automatic assumptions which often take more time to dismantle than being neutral and having no gendered expectations to begin with.

Oddly, my mother tongue is one where personal pronouns have no gender.

• LIKE/LOVE 2