Jean-François Lozevis

Roles and creativity

Jean-François Lozevis

Hello all. What about roles and creativity? Are only artisans or people with artisan overleaves creative?

For myself, I'm skeptic (artisan overleaf) with intellectual center (also artisan) and a main body type of solar (creative also).

And my main Angel is Habuhiah with also an attribute of creativity.

How do different roles express creativity? I was charted to be a King.

Regards, Jean-François.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Evelin

Hello Jean-François, I’d say a King would express creativity masterfully, eventually.

I’m sure someone else will elaborate, I only have one free hand now as there’s a cat sleeping on my other...

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 1

Stickyflames

Good question.

From my experience, only Artisans are creative and all other roles 

live free of enthusiasm and innovation, surrendering to their lacklustre existence, enduring entrapment in the soulcrushing vapidity of the status quo.

I am an Artisan though so I may be biased.

But really... to be human is to be creative. 

I feel like artisans are just more focused on creating “ NEW” things.

Another role may be more focused on creating connection,

or creating community or creating service...

Edited by Stickyflames
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 9

Kerrin

I believe all the roles are creative in their "own ways."  But it always seemed to me that the ones who "make stuff" for no reason other than the joy of creating something - are Artisans.

I have always been an artist and chose careers in the design world, but there is always a purpose or need that has to be fulfilled that fuels my creativity.  There is always structure to it.  And practicality.  I also have a discarnate Artisan ET, so maybe that helps. 

Edited by Kerrin
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

AnnaD

LOL @Stickyflames - lacklustre lives lacking innovation thanks for the laugh.

3 hours ago, Stickyflames said:

From my experience, only Artisans are creative and all other roles 

live free of enthusiasm and innovation, surrendering to their lacklustre existence, enduring entrapment in the soulcrushing vapidity of the status quo.

I am an Artisan though so I may be biased.

I am a Scholar cast Scholar and I love creating, but it is channeled into experimentation. I deviate from instructions for the joy of experimentation. I cannot follow instructions unless life and death or large sums of money to gain or to lose are at stake.

My main sources of creativity are with cooking/fermentation/landscaping/gardening/music playing/singing/improvising a song with the band. I love seeing what happens IF I do something off course. I love going off course. It is the tangents that make life interesting. I love creativity, resourcefulness, making something out of what is conceived or read as nothing. I have had three grand cycles as an Artisan and it is one of my favourite roles as essence, so maybe I am biased too lol

• LIKE/LOVE 8

petra

@Jean-François Lozevis  The driving force of Artisans is creativity, its kind of there job, all the other Roles are very creative too, but they are not driven by it, curiosity and creativity are natural to all Human Beings no matter the Role or Overleafs.

The Body-type Solar belongs to the Assimilation Axis = Neutral, "Body Types Foundation, April 28 in Body Types"

I do not know about Habuhiah, and what kind of creative aspect you revere to.

You will find in searching the Library here on TLE a lot of information how different Roles express them-self, creative or otherwise, a recent one would be "Team TLE: The Roles for Mature and Old Souls, February 1, 2019 in Michael Speaks".

I wish you well, in regards of finding the answers you seek!

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Miizle
6 hours ago, AnnaD said:

I am a Scholar cast Scholar and I love creating, but it is channeled into experimentation. I deviate from instructions for the joy of experimentation. I cannot follow instructions unless life and death or large sums of money to gain or to lose are at stake.

I'm a Sage cast Artisan and i am exactly the same about instructions. Although i don't think it's for the same reason, for me it's not curiosity, as in "let's see what will happen", but rather following inner intuitive instructions and entering a level of flow state. Weirdly enough if i don't, i rarely succeed. If i for example somehow decide to and manage to follow a recipe exactly, you can be sure the result is average at best. I MUST take creative liberties and improvise and make all things my own, then they turn out, and then it's enjoyable. Doing something "creative" that needs to be done according to instructions is very unpleasant and stressful for me, like assembling furniture.

I have a 3-year-old Sage cast King (5th old), who seems to be a masterful problem solver for her age. It's almost difficult for parenting purposes sometimes, because you can't "fool" her that something can't be done; she will immediately come up with a solution and honestly, sometimes they are really quite clever. A few times even i have had a small practical problem myself and she has figured out a good solution for me O_O 

I like this one time when she had a cough she put her hoody on back to front and coughed inside the hood ☺️ Pretty handy, actually.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • LOL 1

Luciana Flora

I don't know how to answer this in a technical way... so I talk about how I am about creativity.

I consider myself to be a creative person... this creativity proved to be a lot during my childhood... My games were very different... 

I didn't play the same things that most children (at least the ones I used to play with).  I made up a story... I was a hero who saved everyone and was admired... I had super powers...  That's what I liked to play with... I didn't like to play with a doll so I could pretend to be their mother and give them food....

even when I played with barbie, the barbies in my games were heroines...they had powers and saved the world....

So I played more alone or with my sister... since my games were different... my sister told me once that she would never have participated in so many different games if it wasn't for me....

I think a little of this creativity got lost over the years... but a few years ago I had a blog where I wrote poetry and short stories... and a lot of people liked it... I think that indicates creativity too....

My cast is artisan and my role is warrior.

or

• LIKE/LOVE 8

Michèle

I think there was a discussion on TLE about this, but I can't remember where even to look - maybe that's where @petra points you towards, that adds how most roles express creativity and I remember that Michael said something like sculptors tend to be Artisans, Scholars make excellent writers, e.g. Shakespeare has been channeled as Scholar. Solo-musicians are often Sages or Kings, and I think a few famous directors like Herbert Karajan were Kings. But it's a tendency and all roles are capable of doing anything.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Miizle

I remember Michael having said in a transcript somewhere that many great musicians/composers are scholars.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Evelin

@AnnaD and @Miizle, I'm the same about instructions. I simply MUST improvise, make it my own, otherwise it won't work. Goes from knitting sweaters to cooking.

Miizle, your kid is hilarious and her way of dealing with coughing reminds me of my daughter when she was about 3 or 4.
Me: I don't like what you're doing right now. (a mess waiting to happen)

Her: Don't look. (calmly continues the activity)

It made me laugh and laugh, such solid logic!

As difficult as creative and intelligent kids sometimes make our parental life, I prefer to be called on my bluff and BS and grow from it with her, rather than raise someone who doesn't know how to think for themselves.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 2

Michèle
8 minutes ago, Evelin said:

@AnnaD and @Miizle, I'm the same about instructions. I simply MUST improvise, make it my own, otherwise it won't work. Goes from knitting sweaters to cooking.

Miizle, your kid is hilarious and her way of dealing with coughing reminds me of my daughter when she was about 3 or 4.
Me: I don't like what you're doing right now. (a mess waiting to happen)

Her: Don't look. (calmly continues the activity)

It made me laugh and laugh, such solid logic!

As difficult as creative and intelligent kids sometimes make our parental life, I prefer to be called on my bluff and BS and grow from it with her, rather than raise someone who doesn't know how to think for themselves.

YES YES AND YES - to how you raise your child. We do the same with our boy - I don't want to raise a mindless drone who doesn't know how to think for themselves. After all, I won't be around forever to hold hands and tell them what to do. Love both your stories @Evelin and @Miizle cracked me up! 

Edited by Michèle
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Miizle

@Evelin and @Michèle, i absolutely agree. Honestly, it is delightful that she can call on me this early. I don't like lying parental tactics anyway at all, respect needs to go both ways. I would like her to be honest and upfront with me now, and when she grows up. Sometimes you try to do things a bit easier on yourself;  i'm not going to condemn myself for trying shortcuts from time to time to save my own sanity, but i try not to ever make her feel fooled or that she is not listened to. If she comes up with good reasoning or a good solution, i can change my mind and do things the way she suggests. Same rules apply to me as well, i give her my reasons for doing things and why she should do what i ask of her.

(LOL we had a conversation about what telling the truth means just then, as she said she did something accidentally while it was clearly deliberate. "But i said it very quietly." - Nope, that's not the kind of logic that works for me... 😏)

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • LOL 1

Janet

Michael has discussed this question before. Here is one example from Michael Speaks: Inputs:

[M_Entity] The Artisan, having the most Inputs, is the Tao’s means to constantly keep the universe “fresh,” revitalized, and “alive.” They are the guarantee in the Universe that ideas of the Tao can continue to come into existence. All Roles are expressions of Tao, of course, but Artisans are more a direct conduit for Tao than can sometimes be comprehended by the mundane levels of life. ...

[JNelson] It would seem every Fragment is capable of experiencing the world like the way an Artisan does through each Input. How does it manifest uniquely in an Artisan compared to everyone else?

[M_Entity]
We remind you that what we describe is the ESSENCE'S experience, not necessarily the Personality's. This is where some confusion comes in.

The Personality of every single Fragment, regardless of its Essence, has the ability to design Overleaves that are more or less focused, inspirational, creative, or entertaining. Examining your Overleaves in relation to the Axis can reveal the way your Personality filters the world FOR Essence. This expands on the possibilities of all Fragments then. That is why a Warrior can be absolutely creative, and an Artisan can “kick ass.” This is not to say the design of Overleaves has an effect on how Essence INPUTS, but rather, it does help explain why varying Fragments feel they EXPERIENCE or BEHAVE in ways different than our Input descriptions define.

The way the Five Inputs manifest MOST uniquely could be in the final examination of how an Artisan processes a life. Artisans do not process experiences directly or with focus, but rather have varying levels of commitment to varying themes in their lives. A Warrior may find a theme and find himself compelled to stick through it until everything that can possibly be “milked” from it is. An Artisan, on the other hand, may find she has many patterns in her life, all repeating and being highlighted and revisited in varying stages of her life.

The most defining aspect of the Artisan, in terms of inputs, could be said to be in their deeply restless search for “something.” Although this trait can be attributed to any fragment, we are speaking in far more profound ways than a simple distraction for a Personality. The Artisan has a “knowing” that there is so much more than what is seen and yet is it is not touchable until she creates it. This “knowing” vs “creating” can either fuse the Personality and Essence into a powerful force of creativity, or the Personality begins to splinter and reject the Essence. Delusion and retreat then become more and more the emphasis of Channel Four

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1