Bobby

Michael Speaks - November 24, 2019 - Navigating Collective And Individual Crises

Maureen

For those of you who don't have the Stages of the 4th Internal Monad memorized. 🧐

The 4th INTERNAL MONAD:  +self-realization -acquiescence

Stage 1:  INITIATION:  +enthusiasm -indifference

Stage 2:  INTROSPECTION:  +awareness -brooding

Stage 3:  REALIZATION:  +freedom -separation

Stage 4:  MANIFESTATION:  +purpose -otiose

Stage 5:  CONTENTMENT:  +satisfaction -contention

Stage 6:  MAGNETIZATION:  +attraction -repulsion

Stage 7: EMANATION:  +alignment -incongruity

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 4

KurtisM

Ok, so I love Collective Internal Monad stuff. I am looking forward to more info on that.

I didn't expect Collective IMs to last so long. But I think there must be smaller cycles within larger cycles to comprehend before we have a full knowing.

So, according to Michael, we are in the 4th Internal Monad of our shift from Young to Mature Soul Paradigm.

According to Michael, the 4th IM began in August 1987. And we are currently in the -Poles of the 3rd/4th Stages.

Maureen posted the map of the 4th IM above, so I won't reiterate.

By looking at the history between 1987 and 2019 we should be able to see major events that have characterized our progress through this 4th IM. The most major time frames I can think of are in 1989-91, 1999-2001, 2008-12, 2014-16 and 2018-20.

So my hypothesis thus far would be something like this:

-INDIFFERENCE is initiated with the Harmonic Convergence of August 1987. +ENTHUSIASM is reached with the rise of the Internet and End of the Cold War sometime around 1989-91. This carries through the whole 90s, with enthusiasm rising.

-BROODING begins around 1999-2001- including the Y2K Apocalypse fear, Bush's US Election in Nov 2000 and 9/11 in 2001, which ignites the War on Terror and a deep introspection of our sociopolitical economy. +AWARENESS returns sometime from 2008-12- with Obama's US Election; the Tohoku Earthquake and Fukushima Nuclear Meltdown; the Arab Spring, and end to Brooding over the Mayan Apocalypse bringing new social changes to light.

-SEPARATION begins with the August 2014 Convergence with the Parallels from ~1775 CE where the US was never founded and the world plummeted into Military Oppression and Religious Escapism, and this continued through to create our 2015 Brexit and 2016 US Presidential Election mess. This ignites another round of unprecedented violence.

-OTIOSE begins around 2018 with the Nexus Bubble, which made us deeply aware of our complacency or defense of Intentional Violence. This has continued through to present day.

The above means of organizing history also helps us see where key parallels could've diverged. For instance in 1999, we could've shifted away from technology due to fear of it. In 2000, Al Gore could've been elected as US president. Between 2002-05, Bush could've been thrown out of office and the Iraq War ended due to protests, igniting an earlier +Pole of AWARENESS. The same is true for 2011 with the Arab Spring, which could've actually brought widespread changes in the Middle East.

Michael has said the next major date after 2020 is 2025, with a focus on potential ET Contact/Revelation, the full implementation of a Mature Soul Paradigm, an era of Stability and Virtual Reality.

Then after that there's a great deal of emphasis put on 2028-30 due to Climate Change, the Automation Revolution, a potential meteor impact, Augmented Reality, and even Michael saying we can expect the end of political division as we know it then. Depending of course, on the events of 2020.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 2

petra

Thank You Michael via @Troy, and participants!

ME: " to live at least one day a month, if not every week , AS IF EVERYTHING IS O.K."

"You have the option to give yourself a day of simply BEING"

"unplug"  "digitally detox"

"However Old your Soul, you have never lived in a Mature or Old Soul World before"

I resonate with creating meaning on my own, and that everyone else is doing it as well, in that sense it is truly my (our) time

Me and a lot of us are aware how much we are still operating on young and mature soul values, and we all could fill pages explaining to each other what we went through, after the awareness took hold to shed them, and only taking the goodies with us, the point is, its worth to give the options mentioned above by Michael a chance.

Oh my, I know we are in a big pickle now, gees "as if everything is o.k"., simply being", "unplug", digitally detox"  WHHHAAAAATTTT!!!???

Me like the new, possibilities, probabilities, we truly have nothing to loose, we hardly have anyhow, so hey, give it a try!

Your eternal Optimist!  ( a little side note, it works)

• LIKE/LOVE 8

KurtisM

So I spent tonight mulling over and looking through recorded history to see how the previous Internal Monads could have developed.

I'm still speculating, but I'm guessing the 1st Internal Monad for our shift out of the Young Paradigm and into the Mature Paradigm ended around 1775/76 with the birth of the United States of America.

That shifts us into the 2nd and 3rd Internal Monads somewhat like so:

The 2nd Internal Monad is a process of UNION and AUTONOMY with a -Pole of CODEPENDENCY and a +Pole of CONFIDENCE.

The 1st Stage might've been ignited by the events leading to French Revolution- culminating in its success with Napoleon Bonaparte declaring the French Republic (1783-99). The 2nd Stage might've been started by the French and Haitian Revolutions- leading towards the success of both, and the start of the Napoleonic Wars and US Manifest Destiny (1789-1803/04). The 3rd Stage could've started with more Latin American Independence movements, the US-Britain War and Napoleon's failed attack on Russia- leading through to the rapid agreements on Abolitionism, Opium Wars and Indian Removal Acts that lead to the Native American Trail of Tears (1811/12-1838/39)

The 4th Stage could have come with the great deal of activity from the Construction of Steam Locomotives, Congress of Vienna, Battle of Waterloo, Napoleon's exile and Tambora Eruption- continuing through to Pax Britannica, European Revolutions, Gold Rushes, Taiping Rebellion and the birth of Spiritualism, Communism and Modern Feminism in the late 1840s (1815-48).

The 5th Stage could've began with the controversial publishing of the Theory of Evolution & Maxwell's Equations on Electromagnetism, start of the Fossil Fuel Industry, Taiping Rebellion and American Civil War on Slavery- continuing through to the Scramble for Africa and innovative expansion of Science and Technology [ie. phonograph, light bulb, telephone] (1859-61 - 1878/79). The 6th Stage might've started with the Berlin Conference putting great pressure on African Communities and the rise of German Power and the Automobile Industry- carrying on through the 1st Wave of Feminism, Einstein's Theory of Relativity, Aviation, Plastic and rise of Radio Communication (1884/85-1905/06). The 7th Stage might've been the violent time of World War 1, and the end of it with the Treaty of Paris and Women's Suffrage (1914 - 18-20).

The 3rd Internal Monad is a process of FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE with a -Pole of SEPARATION and a +Pole of DIFFERENTIATION.

The 1st Stage could've been the Russian Revolution and rise of Modernism through to the Roaring 20s and Transatlantic Flight (1917-27/28). The 2nd Stage could've been the Great Depression era leading to the crisis of consciousness in the midst of WW2 (1929-42/43). The 3rd Stage might have been the rise of Adolf Hitler, up to the end of WW2- forming the Cold War, Pax Americana, Indian & Pakistani Independence, Jewish Independence, Communist China, Decolonization of Africa & Asia, United Nations, UNESCO and IMF (1932/33 - 45-47).

The 4th Stage might have been from the angry start of WW2 to the rise of the Space Race, Television, Green Revolution, Integrated Silicon Computer Chip, Artificial Intelligence and Contraceptive Pill- all bringing new choices for humanity (1939-59/60).

The 5th Stage might have been the rise of Civil Rights and Counterculture with its notions of Love, Liberation and Peace (1955-64). The 6th Stage might've been the serious height of Counterculture, Green Revolution and Moon Landing (1963-69/70). The 7th Stage could've started around 1974/75 with the end of the Vietnam War and Counterculture Rebellion, as well as the rise of Postmodernism- ending in +Confidence in 1983, after a divergence towards Nuclear War branched off. Note: 1975 is when Jobs and Wozniak founded Apple. 1983 is also when the modern internet was truly invented by ARPANET.

Edited by KurtisM
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Troy

Before anyone goes too far down the rabbit hole, I don't think Michael was saying there is an established and standard correlation between collective evolution and Internal Monads, I think they were just using the Internal Monad process as a symbolic correlation to help us understand the transition.  There may be a system they could describe that would map our collective evolution, and it might be similar to the Internal Monads, but it would require a very different set of descriptors to address collective vs personal evolution.  I'll ask for a comment when I get a chance. 

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 3

michael_k

I think the existential crisis discussed in this session ties in well with the theme of the Energy Reports. The Self-Destruction theme for the last quarter of this year carries with it the uncertainty of whether this existence is even worth it, and I have felt this line of questioning come up for me a personal level for a few years, except now I feel ready to overcome it and I know it's not just me who feels this way.

I really am sick of how society leads people to believe they are worthless for not making petty milestones, and if you look a little more closely, you'll find that there rarely is ever a 'good enough' anyway. We have to come up with our own meanings for our lives, even if those lives are bound by certain structures or limitations.

Edited by michael_k
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 3

Connor

The whole "existential crisis" thing doesn't quite resonate for me, but I was also born after 1987 and was not forming coherent memories until the late '90s, so I've never known anything different. The Internet was a little dial-up baby at the time, and it grew up with me. So I don't really know what it is like to be in a secluded personal world without a strong connection to collective events, and I don't think most other young people really know either.

I'm not sure I've ever had a major existential crisis, and I've always found them to be kind of silly, and easily remedied by temporarily adopting a more near-sighted view of reality. What is the point of doing anything? Chocolate, silly. The point is to get more chocolate. And to attend campfires.

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • LOL 5

KurtisM
19 hours ago, Bobby said:

For those who are listening and learning and willing to grow such as our students, the Crisis is one where you have pitted yourself against the masses, or feel as if you have been pitted against the masses. Suddenly, your familiar and comfortable ideas about who you are in your world are now measured against who you are in THE world.

Are you doing enough, being enough, helping enough, paying attention enough, thoughtful enough, together enough, etc. 

And if you see no evidence of this vague "enough," then your entire existence, meaning, and value come into question. 

This is another thing I noticed. With the term "enough" being used in the context of "being enough", it reminds me of Self-Deprecation, which is the fear of Inadequacy.

Michael said next year will likely bring a focus on Self-Deprecation as the Chief Feature. So now I get a little bit more why that is the case.

It is the shift from the Young Soul value of Comparison, to the Mature Soul value of Sharing.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

michael_k
8 hours ago, Connor said:

I'm not sure I've ever had a major existential crisis, and I've always found them to be kind of silly, and easily remedied by temporarily adopting a more near-sighted view of reality. What is the point of doing anything? Chocolate, silly. The point is to get more chocolate. And to attend campfires.

An existential crisis is similar to depression in the sense that it is difficult to understand what it is like until you've been through it, and there are different levels of severity to an existential crisis. Usually a crisis like that involves one of the root assumptions about one's reality going out the window, leaving someone to feel very insecure about their own standing until they can regain a new footing. What I've found personally is that common mental health remedies like mindfulness meditation don't always work to solve an existential crisis and you need to actively work through them in order to come up with a satisfactory resolution, otherwise the anxiety just eats away at you until you find a practical way to cope with your own life situation and work from there.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Juni
On 11/24/2019 at 11:34 PM, Bobby said:

As humanity must begin to define itself on its own terms, rather than on the terms handed down by generations before them, it is quite daunting. It is already daunting to do something such as this in the individual life, but billions are now participating in some way in this collective shift.

What you are finding is that the comforting foothold of familiarity and tradition and consensus and status quo are no longer accessible to any of you.

Suddenly, everyone has a new standard for existence. Everyone has a new opinion about what is priority and what is meaningful.  

I resonate a lot with this, as earlier this year, I found myself mourning. I'd just realized all at once that the world as I knew it, or  thought I did, was gone and no longer existed. And even while I could see how limited and hurtful and problematic it was and I was glad to see it going, it was still familiar and all I knew and I was having to relearn  just about everything from scratch and it was just fucking EXHAUSTING. And I was so tired and sad and there was nowhere to go.
I am feeling better and oddly optimistic these days, but it was very rough going for a while.

Edited by Juni
  • LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 1

Connor
2 hours ago, michael_k said:

Usually a crisis like that involves one of the root assumptions about one's reality going out the window, leaving someone to feel very insecure about their own standing until they can regain a new footing.

Maybe I have had one, then. That different phrasing helps.

One time I briefly went insane because of an overdose, and afterwards, I honestly did not know if I was alive on Earth or if I had been killed by the overdose and was in a Earth-like Astral simulation. I did not initially think it was an existential crisis because I never struggled to assign meaning or a point to the experience. But I did temporarily lose an important root assumption, which was that I was still living my life on Earth. The most interesting takeaway from that strange time was realizing that it is impossible for anyone to definitively prove they are alive on Earth as opposed to alive in a well-designed Astral simulation, and since it is impossible from where I stand, obtaining proof is not the point.

The way out of that particular existential mess was choosing to live AS IF I was still alive, and eating copious amounts of chocolate, and it has worked so far. For my well-being, at least. Not as much for my cavity-prone teeth.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

KurtisM

I can relate to what all of you are describing. The existential crisis, the disillusionment, the utter exhaustion.

Though in my case most of that happened last year. Last year sucked. It was like being turned inside out and being in utter disbelief about everything. Michael says I started my 4th IM last year, and I can validate. But starting it when the whole sentience is in two -Poles of a collective 4th IM isn't any easier.

In any case, it seems we have a rising potential to reach +Freedom and +Purpose by March of next year.

That is huge! This is a big time for all of us. If we are conscious and noticing our contributions and participating in society, we could legitimately create a very different world.

Two +Poles reached in such a short period of time is no simple feat. Let's give ourselves the credit to make a difference in small and big ways.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Bogi
On 11/25/2019 at 12:34 AM, Bobby said:

Wendy: Thank you Michael. I really resonate and see how I have been trying to use young soul tactics for motivation and meaning and want to move away from that but don't know what that would look like. Can you tell us more about creating our own meaning?

MEntity:

Mature Soul tactics for motivation and meaning tend to be "for the sake of." For example, loving for the sake of loving. Baking for the sake of baking. Playing for the sake of playing. Making money for the sake of making money. Watching TV for the sake of watching TV. In other words, the choice to participate in your life in any way is not motivated by payoffs and rewards, or avoidance of punishment. You do things because they are there to do. You enjoy things because you enjoy them. There is no need to justify or compare.

You care because you care. You help because you can help. You take care of yourself because you need to take care of yourself. And so on.

Wendy: Are there old soul tactics? Or is it all about the mature ones?

MEntity:

Alongside all of this, you also allow room for when you cannot help, or ask for help when you cannot help yourself, etc.

The younger soul looks for meaning in advance of doing or being something, while the older soul creates meaning after or during the doing or being.

The Mature Soul tactics are part of the range we would describe as "older soul" tactics.

Wendy: Okay thank you.

We can discuss Old Soul tactics for meaning and motivation in another exchange as the Old Soul tactics are actually no longer tactics.

Even though it was late in Berlin and I fell asleep in the middle of this session, (it was quite funny waking up completely alone in the chat room, LOL), but I wanted to thank @Wendy for this question because Michael´s answer is just pure gold.

Many times I am asking myself just from where to draw motivation. Fear and laziness have always held me back. But also something else that I just could not put my finger on.

Because whenever I start, first, I want to/ need to/ must know what meaning I am creating with it.

Instead of just moving into that situation and creating that meaning during or after.

It was quite a revelation.

There is this saying: "I am making it up as I go along." 

"I am creating meaning as I go along."

• LIKE/LOVE 14

Timothy J Sullivan

I seem to be in a different 'space' or mindset with respect to the existential crisis many speak about here. Maybe, it's my age (73) and stage (5th IM?) and personal history. My existential crises occurred back in the late 60's & 70's, at least the accumulated 'felt-sense' of despair, hopelessness, helplessness was accruing through those decades into the 80's. However, I discovered the Micheal teaching around '86 ( had a mind blowing reading) as well as related teachings/path and began to seriously "work on self." Around the time of the Harmonic Convergence '87 to '89 I had a number of profound Essence experiences, you might say mystical, which has continued in various ways up to the present. In short I worked through a lot of "shit". I grew up a lot. So, the current social/political events/mess humanity has been going through in the last 20 years or so while disturbing and frustrating, it has not affected me the way many here have experienced. I feel very good, yes even optimistic, about the whole thing. I have indeed, been "contemplating", anticipating, Humanities Big Shift since the late 60's. So, I'm excited, enthusiastic. I will however, take the advice of ME and go "Forest bathing" without my cell phone one day a week. 

• LIKE/LOVE 13

AnnaD

Are Scholars working at processing the information overload for their entities at this time and are they mitigating some of the overwhelm? I hope so. 

This existential crisis is more of the same, in that there are still young soul ways historically that seem to exploit/rape/pillage/manage earth's resources/animals/humans/land/water/energy, and it is the same stick in the muds who are stubbornly refusing to change their ways (by continuing to eat animals and contribute to climate change/animal suffering/food insecurity, by exploiting and competing, by profiting, by claiming that growth and profit and resources/labour are infinite resources to be exploited rather than attempting a socially just cruelty free contribution and participation focused resource based economy).

Systems die hard and over a prolonged time when there is a powerful 1% profiting from the system, it is just fortunate that our communication is instant, and people are inundated and overwhelmed with INSTANT FEEDBACK. I like that, everyone is more loud and claiming their rightful stake in the interest, however half of those voices belong to those who seek to exploit and make others suffer for their gain (young souls). What I am loving about INSTANT FEEDBACK in political activist communications which fight for a more socially just world is that the voices are IN OUR FACES.  I am capitalising that for impact, as, we can choose if we are going to continue to support old ways of managing and coping, or we can choose better ways. I frankly love that so many people who have been somehow immune from feeling the heat of responsibility for their shitty choices, are feeling the heat and the instant feedback now, from the masses. Nothing like an audience to cross check the information that is claimed versus what actually happened. 

I love the ease with which information is here. I adore it. As regards detoxing, I am in my garden in all of my spare time. I don't even own a smart phone, so I am unplugged, except for here and facebook. Meaning has always been something that as @Bogi referred to, can be decided prior to, or after the fact, it justs impacts on ones motivation. I do things because I enjoy doing them, (except my paid work, I do that to live), so I guess none of this seems new, but the information is interesting. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 1

Troy

On 11/25/2019 at 12:54 PM, Connor said:

The whole "existential crisis" thing doesn't quite resonate for me, but I was also born after 1987 and was not forming coherent memories until the late '90s, so I've never known anything different.

I think the existential crisis Michael speaks of isn't the same as the phrase people often toss around to be dramatic. Kind of like how we use "awesome" versus the real meaning of the word, or how we say we are depressed vs when someone is truly depressed, or when we say starving vs truly starving, or gluten-intolerant when we don't have celiac disease.

I think most people think an existential crisis is when you don't know what to do with your life or you wonder what your life means or what the point of life is. Those are existential questions, but not a crisis.

Michael is talking about the existential crisis that is more than a philosophical question. The wave of existential crisis many are feeling is a profound reaction to a very real existential threat that has been looming for a long time and only finally reaching a crescendo. An existential crisis can come from the realization that nothing will ever be the same again and/or that you will no longer exist in any way familiar to what and how you exist now. This can spiral dive into conclusions that nothing matters and nothing means anything, but it starts with an existential threat. And we have many threats converging at the same time and in ways that are very loudly reminding us every single day.

Michael is using the phrase "existential crisis" as it was originally used when referring to the very real threat to existence that prisoners in a concentration camp faced. It didn't matter how optimistic, how enduring, how strong, or how happy anyone in the concentration camp felt. They knew that existence as they knew it was over, even if they survived. On a broader scale and in less-obviously imminent or specific ways, many realize that we face multiple existential threats at the moment that will change existence forever, no matter what we do. Some of that change is for the better, some of it may not be, but one thing we know: something fundamental has to change on multiple levels to address the multiple threats. It's overwhelming to a lot of people.

Right now, every generation is facing existential threat and it is triggering an existential crisis across generations. Not in spiritual terms where the reality of our existence is assumed to continue long after this, but a threat and crisis in very tangible terms related to life and all that we have known. Even children know this crisis and threat. Greta may be an exception in her use of a platform for expression, but she is hardly the only young person to know that something fundamental has to change and this is fueled by her own existential crisis in response to an existential threat.

So, depending on how directly someone is affected by some of these threats and/or how much we focus on one or more of these threats, the experience of anxiety and crisis will reflect that. A lot of us are affected and a lot of us are paying attention, so a lot of us are in anxiety or crisis.

We have to harness and direct that energy the way Greta and many others have, whether that means taking better care of our own personal lives, and/or making big or little changes that add up with everyone else's big or little changes, and/or reaching out to bring change and improvement to others. 

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 6

AnnaD

I didn't realise @Troy that The Michaels were talking about real threats to ones safety and existence. I get it now. Thank you for explaining the difference. When I think of existential crisis it normally involves me thinking about someone whose physical and psychological safety is fine, thank you, who is navel gazing and generally induces an external eyeroll. I did not consider other definitions. Thank you. 

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

KurtisM

That makes a lot more sense @Troy. Thanks for the clarification.

I had that sense of imminent, inescapable doom and fundamental change that will change me and everyone else forever, last year.

It sucked. I keep saying that, but it sucked.

But I've gone through most of it and have come out legitimately more optimistic than I was.

Things are ending. It's time for an equal dose of grief and celebration!

• LIKE/LOVE 9

petra

Michael:" An Existential Crisis comes when there is a lack of answer or unsatisfying answer or unwanted answer of "what is the point?"

Troy: "I think most people think an existential crisis is when you don't know what to do with your life or you wonder what your life means or what the point of life is. Those are existential questions, but not a crisis.

@Troy what are you saying?

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Christian

I had a session with @Troy today  that dives a bit deeper into Depression.  

Might help some as I don't think this information has come through before. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 2

Maureen
6 hours ago, Troy said:

Michael is talking about the existential crisis that is more than a philosophical question. The wave of existential crisis many are feeling is a profound reaction to a very real existential threat that has been looming for a long time and only finally reaching a crescendo. An existential crisis can come from the realization that nothing will ever be the same again and/or that you will no longer exist in any way familiar to what and how you exist now. This can spiral dive into conclusions that nothing matters and nothing means anything, but it starts with an existential threat. And we have many threats converging at the same time and in ways that are very loudly reminding us every single day.

Michael is using the phrase "existential crisis" as it was originally used when referring to the very real threat to existence that prisoners in a concentration camp faced. It didn't matter how optimistic, how enduring, how strong, or how happy anyone in the concentration camp felt. They knew that existence as they knew it was over, even if they survived. On a broader scale and in less-obviously imminent or specific ways, many realize that we face multiple existential threats at the moment that will change existence forever, no matter what we do. Some of that change is for the better, some of it may not be, but one thing we know: something fundamental has to change on multiple levels to address the multiple threats. It's overwhelming to a lot of people.

Yes!!!! This is it -- EXACTLY!!  Thank you!  ♥

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Timothy J Sullivan
17 hours ago, Maureen said:

On a broader scale and in less-obviously imminent or specific ways, many realize that we face multiple existential threats at the moment that will change existence forever, no matter what we do. Some of that change is for the better, some of it may not be, but one thing we know: something fundamental has to change on multiple levels to address the multiple threats. It's overwhelming to a lot of people.

There are many "bad" scenarios, but also I'm seeing many possibilities - "good ideas" and possible solutions emerging as well. But implementing them will require a lot of folks changing their minds, their beliefs, their paradigm...therein lies the rub, which is where the "old soul strategy" becomes relevant.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

KurtisM

So just as a means of measuring what it means to be in a Collective 4th IM in the 3rd and 4th Stages, I looked at the Internal Monad Reports of those that posted their process through these stages on this site.
You can look these sessions up in the search bar if you'd like, I'll just summarize what I found in my own words here. Hopefully it's helpful.

The 3rd Stage is about the REALIZATION of the concept of being RESPONSIBLE for the Internal Monad. In the case of 4th IM, this is about realizing and committing to your thoughts and ideas of SELF-DEFINITION.

Hence, this is a stage that requires you to release any thoughts and ideas of you that are defined by anyone/thing else but you, and no longer serve you. This is usually when you realize "something needs to be done that finally changes these old outdated patterns", but you usually don't know what exactly to do, just that something must be done.

The -Pole here is SEPARATION, which is Michael's term for referencing how this realization of need for self-definition pulls you away from others and into yourself so you can sort out what is and isn't you. It basically divides you from others and divides you within yourself, so that everything sort of feels like an existential or identity threat you must manage.

The +Pole here is FREEDOM, which is Michael's term for referencing how you become free of being defined by others and start to explore and define yourself based on who you want to be. The past becomes the past and no longer defines your present.

The 4th Stage is about MANIFESTATION. It is about making the Monad process visible, giving it form and voice and a PURPOSE in your life. It's usually when others see you behaving from this new Monad Perspective too, and usually when you start using your BODY to represent, or feeling your body reflects- what you have Realized.

The -Pole here is OTIOSE, which is Michael's term for referencing how you are either looking/waiting for some purpose to attach to, be given to you, or to activate you; or holding onto what you've always known while knowing things have to & will change. This keeps you in a limbo, aimless, wandering, withholding, and even hollow, frustrated, tedious and confused about what you must do.

The +Pole here is PURPOSE, which is Michael's term for referencing how you understand you choose your purpose, give life and meaning to it, are responsible for growing and evolving it etc. It is a full on ownership of what you do & like to do.

As a bonus I'll add the upcoming 5th Stage too:

The 5th Stage is about CONTENTMENT. It is about bringing fulfillment to the Monad process, of enjoying it more, of LOVING it. It's usually when you feel you've made some actual progress in the Monad. In the 4th IM, this is when your HAPPINESS becomes of deeper concern. 

The -Pole here is CONTENTION, which is Michael's term for referencing how you become deeply concerned about whether what you're doing and how you're living is bringing you happiness, and why you aren't doing what makes you happy. This can make you react in defensive, rebellious ways towards that which seems displeasing, and limits your capacity to do what makes you happy.

The +Pole here is SATISFACTION, which is Michael's term for referencing how this internal questioning helps you uncover deeper answers about yourself, your terms and your potential. You begin to feel better about your new life without so much old imprinting. It's no longer about choosing the right path, but letting the path you choose guide you forward in a satisfying, grounded way.

As far as I see in history, we may have entered -Separation around 2016, that's when division came on strongly, and a sense of true existential threat to Humanity arose via the rise of Far Right Ideology (Authoritarianism) and a Climate Crisis. We realized lack of responsibility led to that. If we aim for +Freedom, I'd guess it would come from an aim for Democracy.

Then around 2018 we may have entered -Otiose. I just see a perfect correspondence between the meandering Nexus Bubble and Otiose, and it's also when March for Our Lives and the Extinction Rebellion began. Since 2018 particularly, many people have been wondering "what should/can I do" or holding on to traditions for dear life or waiting for a crisis of total collapse to happen that forces them into action. If we aim for +Purpose, I'd guess it would come from a rejection of determinism and embrace of the power of Proactive Participation.

Edited by KurtisM
Added "aim for democracy"
  • THANK YOU! 1