petra

Edvard Grieg Solveig's Song, sang by Sissel

petra

One of the clearest voices I ever heard!

Edited by petra
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

Ingun

I love this song and it's one I often come back to and listen to. Sissel is a Norwegian soprano, and she was very young the video above was recorded. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sissel_Kyrkjebø

Below is another very beautiful song  with her. It gets better and better at the end.

I'm generally not so much into the lyrics, it's the melody and all the tones that resonates with me when it comes to music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSt1yBe2g3g

And this one!!

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1

petra

@Ingun  what a voice Sissel has, Thank You, for sharing in, she has one of the grandest female singer voices of our time!

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Ingun

Now this got me wondering about which C/E she belongs to. 

Both she and Aurora comes from our second biggest city; Bergen, a city at the westcoast.

Aurora is an Entity mate though.

Sissel radiates this warmth and beautiful glow ...

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Jeroen
On 11/28/2019 at 8:31 PM, Ingun said:

I love this song and it's one I often come back to and listen to. Sissel is a Norwegian soprano, and she was very young the video above was recorded. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sissel_Kyrkjebø

Below is another very beautiful song  with her. It gets better and better at the end.

I'm generally not so much into the lyrics, it's the melody and all the tones that resonates with me when it comes to music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSt1yBe2g3g

And this one!!

Incredible. Her music is beautiful. I will be listening to more of her music.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Kerrin

Thanks for sharing, @petra!!  I thought she sounded familiar-  then I remember seeing this video, maybe on Facebook.  Realizing it is the same artist-  the sings Shanendoah like an angel:

• LIKE/LOVE 3

petra

I still see your beautiful face, sleeping on the bus on our drive to New York after TLEGG @Kerrin!

Sissel, whatever she sings, her voice moves me up, up, up! Yes, like an Angel!

Her singing "Imagine" from my Entity Mate John Lennon brings me great Joy.

She could be one of your Entity, for me, she has something priestly going on, and C1E5 has quite a lot of them.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

Miizle

Thank you, I had never heard of her before. What an amazing voice, and i love her energy, something about her face is just glowing and transferring beauty from within and beyond.

This is making me really miss classical music, in a way that i never pursued it, or even wanted to pursue it. I long for the immersion in that older European culture, every now and again i get this feeling... Oh to be a classically trained what-ever, studying in an 18th or 19t century classical building with large gardens and tall linden trees... Simple sophistication , music, art, philosophy, literature, history, biology... Sometimes I just miss that hassle free, noise free era or the idea of it. Slow time. Appreciation of soft formality in art and science, coupled with inspiration and discovery.

I think (and i've never realised this before), it's actually this what i love about European buildings and what i miss when i say i miss cities with some history. It's mostly neoclassical architecture that i love, really, and it's not even the architecture that i love but feeling the neoclassical spirit.

Thank you for, if very indirectly, making me realise this. Maybe I should try to bring this spirit home. I think this would help fix something.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Kerrin
On 12/1/2019 at 1:12 AM, petra said:

She could be one of your Entity, for me, she has something priestly going on, and C1E5 has quite a lot of them.

The "angelic" voices seem to be coming from c1/e7 (like Loreena McKennitt), while the more offbeat/"otherworldly" artists (Aurora, Bjork, and many others) are often c1e4.

I do feel a Priest energy from Sissel- would not be surprised if she was a Sweetheart.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1