Troy

ALERT: MAJOR CHANGES SERIES - Gender in The Teachings

Janet
2 hours ago, Troy said:

Profiles will no longer include "gender" as an identifying factor for Essence Relationships such as Essence Twins and Task Companions.

My concern with this is that a description that excludes whatever gender might be visible or presented may rob someone of information that would be useful in confirming a connection. While there are individuals that behave and present themselves in a gender-neutral way, this is not the norm -- yet, anyhow. Usually some gender is presented as part of the individual's self-identification. Can you not include something like "presents as male" if Michael has the info rather than excluding this information altogether? 

I'm all for using Focused and Creative and have wanted this change for a long time. 

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 6

WolfAmethyst
2 hours ago, Troy said:

F/C vs M/F -- Michael (through me) will no longer use the terms "male and female" to describe energy or energy ratios. They will use the terms "Focused" and "Creative."

NEW SYMBOLS -- if you have any great ideas for simple symbols to represent Focused and Creative, please suggest your ideas in this thread. 

COMMUNITY FEEDBACK: What do you think about this major change? Do you think it makes more sense? Do you think it matters? Do you have a preference? Do you think you will get used to it?

What about a triangle to represent "Focused" and a circle or spiral to represent "Creative"?  
I'm thinking back to something you and Michael channeled a while ago...

OMW - Jun 4, 2011 - The Truth, Love, and Energy That is You and Your Life

[MEntity]
Hello to each of you. We are here.

The subject of discussion today is that of Truth, Love, and Energy; the three building blocks of any universe, both micro and macro.

These three qualities are in existence in some form throughout all planes, and even "within" Tao.

In fact, it could be said that Tao IS the synthesis of these three qualities/states/forces.

From the macrocosmic to the microcosmic, these forces exist in some form and in some relationship, from "before" Tao through to sub-atomic, and beyond.

These three forces would exist in any culture, any sentient species, and are the forces that are harnessed for the process of evolution on an individual and collective level.

This Triad has become the basis for many origin myths and religions. They are the forces of drama, fiction, life, relationships, war, justice, politics, karma, self-karma, sentience, cadres, entities, essences, overleaves, etc.

They are the higher counterparts of the triangle, circle, and spiral, which are the basics of the geometry of existence.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Maureen
3 hours ago, Troy said:

F/C vs M/F -- Michael (through me) will no longer use the terms "male and female" to describe energy or energy ratios. They will use the terms "Focused" and "Creative." Not only are these far more direct and accurate, but they remove the necessity for assigning these to gender. This permanent change in terminology will also make far more sense to how individual Essences are designed. Using "male" and "female" to describe qualities of Essence was always problematic.

It's not all about Focused/Creative. What jumped out at me was remembering Michael saying a few years back (I don't know where the channeling is) that our lives as men and women, literally, reflect our Male/Female Energy Ratio. This was a really cool thing to learn and for many of us at the time it put some things, including historical content of past lives, into a clearer perspective. In my case, I have lived 70% of my lives as male and 30% of my lives as female. I could. and can, get my head around this. It makes sense. 

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Janet
2 minutes ago, WolfAmethyst said:

What about a triangle to represent "Focused" and a circle or spiral to represent "Creative"? 
MEntity: ... They are the higher counterparts of the triangle, circle, and spiral, which are the basics of the geometry of existence.

I like the idea of the spiral to represent Creative because that symbol goes back thousands of years. 

From a session on June 11, 2019:
Janet: If there is time: what was the origin and meaning of the triple spirals of Newgrange? Spirals draw me in strongly, which is why I love the Artisan symbol Troy’s friend developed.

MEntity:
We actually suggested the spiral design for Artisan in part because of the various Artisan cults/tribes that have formed across history. The spirals you mention happen to be remnants of one of those cults/tribes that had a strong population of Artisan fragments and nurtured a strong Artisan theme in their communities.

The spirals tended to have multiple layers of meaning from recognizing the creative force within galaxies to representation of creativity having effects that cascade outward from creator, etc.

Janet: 
“Within galaxies”? Was there influence from non-terrestrials? Perhaps influence from a POD of Artisans? 

Oh, now I recognize the spirals as connected to the shape of some galaxies. 

MEntity: Within Galaxies, as in the natural force that gives birth to order as it rises out of an explosion of chaos. And yes, there was non-terrestrial influences that were seeded around 7500 years ago and integrated within the lineage of these Artisan cults. 

### end of excerpt

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Janet
4 minutes ago, Maureen said:

our lives as men and women, literally, reflect our Male/Female Energy levels. This was a really cool thing to learn and for many of us at the time it put some things, including historical content of past lives, into a clearer perspective. In my case, I have lived 70% of my lives as male and 30% of my lives as female.

I don't think there's a problem with referencing how the energy ratios may impact how Essence chooses male or female ... or other ... lives. I do think there's a problem and always has been with referencing male as focused and female as creative because it perpetuates the notion that males are stable focused creatures and females are flighty nut jobs. 😉

I do not think that Troy is saying that all references between the ratios and genders will be dropped but that calling them Focused/Creative Ratios from the start keeps that stereotype from leaping into mind. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • LOL 2

Michèle

Focused could be represented as something like 3 lines/light beams going through a prism and only one exiting, that's how I see focussing anyways, as a reduction.  Spiral as creative symbol is a great idea - it'a a symbol that is encompassing and expanding.

Fantastic idea @Troy- that's exactly what is needed to move away from the "everyday accepted but actually really deeply problematic and perpetuating gender inequality steteotyping" - as are so many things we do and say in our daily lives without thinking twice, and not just the male - female thing. 🙏🌈🌟 - One of the best pieces of advice I had recently: Every day test your reality.

Edited by Michèle
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Johanne
1 hour ago, Janet said:

My concern with this is that a description that excludes whatever gender might be visible or presented may rob someone of information that would be useful in confirming a connection. Can you not include something like "presents as male" if Michael has the info rather than excluding this information altogether? 

I agree with Janet about this part. It helps for the validation to have an idea of how the other appears physically. 

No problem in avoiding male/female in the energy ratio; the yang/yin male/female associations always bothered me. Like putting someone in a fixed box. But we do have a body that the majority is willing to keep as it is. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10

KurtisM

I think this is fine, but for the Status vs Gender part, perhaps we could have it more based in choice.

As in, if the questioner wants to know the gender of an agreement or incarnate personality, they have to ask. Otherwise, info won't be given.

I find it useful to know the gender anyways.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 2

petra

@Troy  F/C totally agreed. If the majority here on TLE wants to go for no-more gender information, I'll respect that. Me, I will always ask for it.

Ditto with @Janet

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Troy

I think some of you are confusing the move away from gender as terminology vs gender as identity. Michael has used Focused/Creative alongside Male/Female for decades to describe how the energy is used, but it's just time to do away with the direct correlations between how we use energy and a gender. 

Regarding profiles, I didn't say we can't ask Michael for the sex or gender of someone, but gender is just not going to be a default factor on a profile. People can always ask for gender or sex as ONE of many factors for help in identifying and validating, but it shouldn't be a primary factor, especially when the gender terminology is in such fluctuation at the moment. 

Regarding male lifetimes vs female lifetimes, that's not going to be affected in any direct way because those are biological references, not identity references. We are mostly binary in sex, not in gender. So when Michael talks about the energy ratios reflecting the sexes of our incarnations, that's okay, but our sex is not always how we identify as gender.  Moving forward (as in, future generations), gender and sex as identifying factors are going to be outdated. We are just getting ahead of the curve a bit now. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Eric

In general, I can understand the shift away from Male/Female terminology for energy. While as Maureen said, it's worth keeping in mind/mentioning the correlation between the concepts of male/focused, female/creative as a pattern that exists, I can see how the change will be helpful in future clarity in regards to the teachings. I'm up for it. I am a bit dubious of the use of "Creative" as it doesn't strike me as the contrast to "Focused," it's not a direct antonym at least. But, I don't have an alternate term for the more diffuse energy side of the spectrum, and I know that those terms have some precedent in channeling, so I guess that's the way to go.

I agree with Janet on maintaining some form of identifying sex or gender in the relationship descriptions as appropriate. It may be outdated in a farther future, but at present it is still a common, useful piece of identifying information in many cases (i.e. "deceased grandfather" is more specific than "deceased grandparent"). From what bits I've seen, it's also one of the most asked for descriptors when people inquire about relationships and past lives and such, so having it included saves a likely frequent extra step of having to ask for it. It doesn't have to have its own heading or slot, but it's still useful to include in the description if available and can be qualified/excluded as required. That's my thought at least, though it is Troy's format to do with as he pleases.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Maureen

I'll start off by saying I know the difference between sex and gender.... I have for a very long time. I've always known that the male/female Michael referred to meant focused/creative or, in the cases of lives lived, meant sex not gender. Gender I see as an identity that is chosen each and every lifetime either with, over, or beyond sex. One's sex is either accepted and enjoyed or not enjoyed, layered over in many different ways, rejected outright and changed/morphed to suit one's identity. I may have missed something -- but you get the picture. I'm not even thinking about one's sexuality at this point which is a whole other dynamic which I'm beyond seeing as a spectrum -- I now see as a sphere.  I woke up this morning thinking about this. I must have been dreaming. What I saw was that male/female are the building blocks, literally, from whence we came, from whence we are still coming (bad pun inserted here)... from penis/vagina, sperm/eggs, and on and on, ad infinitum. I saw the Taoist Yin/Yang symbol which always has a dot of male in the female and a dot of the female in the male morphing, customizing itself, filling itself in with nuance... even with depth and colour, at a different rate for each and every person. People choose their gender, whether pre-birth through the design period with Essence or post birth as Personality "wings it" during a lifetime, they always have, even if it's hidden, even if they've been in societies where they've had to fight to secure it or, Tao forbid, have had to fight to their deaths to "own it". Even with the inclusion and expansion that will not be held back, should not be held back, there will always be male/female sex building blocks within gender -- although I see even that being tweaked in the future to include genetic/medical breakthroughs. So what I see is we need to hold the more contracted dense form (negative pole, if you will) of male/female within the more expanded fluid form (positive pole, if you will) for all genders, or even "non-genders", if you will, by seeing that male/female duality or polarity belongs within the expanded fluidity of gender not outside of it. The baby need not be thrown out with the bath water. 🕉️

YIn Yang Globe_Earth.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Troy
18 hours ago, Eric said:

I am a bit dubious of the use of "Creative" as it doesn't strike me as the contrast to "Focused," it's not a direct antonym at least.

I don't think the terms are supposed to be antonyms or opposites, not even polarities in this case. Out of Creativity can come Focus and out of Focus can come Creativity. I (personally) like these terms precisely because they don't pit each against the other. It isn't like Positive and Negative where we aim for one over the other. This is kind of what I mean about moving past binary paradigm. "Focused/Creative" isn't binary.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Troy
2 hours ago, Maureen said:

So what I see is we need to hold the more contracted dense form (negative pole, if you will) of male/female within the more expanded fluid form (positive pole, if you will) for all genders, or even "non-genders", if you will, by seeing that male/female duality or polarity belongs within the expanded fluidity of gender not outside of it. The baby need not be thrown out with the bath water.

I'm kind of lost on what you think is being thrown out. Just to be clear, I don't intend to throw anything out. I am just refining contexts and refining correlations.

Understanding humanity and all of its nuances and using words to describe and define those things is a separate context from Michael Teachings terminology to describe how we use energy and what we correlate with it.

I think we are on the same page. I apologize if I was unclear in my post.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Troy
22 hours ago, KurtisM said:

I think this is fine, but for the Status vs Gender part, perhaps we could have it more based in choice.

As in, if the questioner wants to know the gender of an agreement or incarnate personality, they have to ask. Otherwise, info won't be given.

I find it useful to know the gender anyways.

Yeah, I didn't say we were ignoring or moving away from gender or sex as a form of validation. I just don't want that to be a primary identifier on a profile. That's not a Michael Teachings thing, that is just my personal preference because I think it is messy territory. I will talk to Michael more about this because I need to understand what they are identifying when they say someone is "male" or "female" and what terms they would use for the spectrum of genders. Right now, we don't have a standard range of terms for me to offer up. But yeah, if someone asks, Michael will always respond as best they can.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Troy
2 hours ago, Maureen said:

I'll start off by saying I know the difference between sex and gender.... I have for a very long time.

By the way, I didn't mean anyone was confused about these things. I meant some people are confused about what my intentions are. I wrote: "I think some of you are confusing the move away from gender as terminology vs gender as identity."  I meant that we can carry on as usual regarding gender as identity and work with Michael however we want regarding that territory. I'm only moving away from using binary gender terms to describe non-binary concepts.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

JohnM

Thank you Troy for making us aware of the update.  Feels very timely to me and reflective of how the perceptions of many people about many differing things - not just gender - or gender identity - or a plethora of other things once seen as binary are now evolving into spectrums or as Maureen said, spheres.  Exciting stuff!   We know change can some sometimes be uncomfortable; this feels like one of those times, but the evolution will continue nonetheless.   Hope this doesn't sound too whackadoodle - but your invitation to ask questions will help everyone to gain understanding and feel more comfortable as we move into this new adventure together!

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Evelin

I'm all for it.

The personal pronouns in my native Estonian have no gender, so I guess my world view is rather gender-neutral to begin with.
I've seen to many people, including myself, trying to conform to some abstract construct that goes completely against their nature or sex, and I can't wait to get rid of that.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Connie Stansell-Foy
On 12/15/2019 at 3:10 PM, Evelin said:

The personal pronouns in my native Estonian have no gender, so I guess my world view is rather gender-neutral to begin with.

Fabulous! I wish English had even one such pronoun. "It" doesn't seem appropriate in some situations - such as speaking about spirits or souls - but those beings definitely are neither male nor female, and English just isn't contructed to deal with such a concept.

Philip
On 12/6/2019 at 3:18 PM, Janet said:

My concern with this is that a description that excludes whatever gender might be visible or presented may rob someone of information that would be useful in confirming a connection. While there are individuals that behave and present themselves in a gender-neutral way, this is not the norm -- yet, anyhow. Usually some gender is presented as part of the individual's self-identification. Can you not include something like "presents as male" if Michael has the info rather than excluding this information altogether? 

I'm all for using Focused and Creative and have wanted this change for a long time. 

I like "presents as".  It suggests its a choice.

• LIKE/LOVE 3