avi

Protecting energy in young soul m*sic industry environment?

Question

avi

Ok I’m adding a lot of unnecessary asterisks bc I don’t want the internet to find me so bear with me 😂

So this week is Gr*mmy week and the company I work with is an amazing mature soul concept that will very much be helpful for a*tists, and hopefully the world since we believe they influence society, if all goes well, and we’re participating in a segment of the activities. HOWEVER I’m SO sensitive to the environment and the bad energy that some carry and the young soul ideals and just during prep today, I could already feel myself sinking into it. Combined with the very very long days ahead for the next week, I just know it’s gonna be a lot for me. 

any tips or meditations or prayers or does anyone know of previous teachings in protecting your energy or just staying afloat in these kinds of environments? 

any help would really and truly be appreciated 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 I want to bring my best self to this environment and be a light and help creatives and I don’t want to turn into a hothead asshole just bc I’m being affected by others and the general environment 

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
  • SAD 1

7 answers to this question

petra

@avi  One thing that comes to mind is a session from Michael speaks: Psychic Hygiene from 2011

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Michèle

GROUNDING GROUNDING GROUNDING! in whichever manner works for you best.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

avi

I did my best y’all and it wasn’t all that bad! Used all the tips here and found some elsewhere. I really appreciate y’all 🖤

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Amanda

I work in an adjacent industry, being a stagehand.  I can definitely echo the grounding suggestion!  I also finding myself sliding into acceptance a good bit; so much of the work I do is out of my control in the long run so learning to let things just BE, without attachment to the outcome (emotionally, mostly) has saved me many times from spiraling into a full on panic attack.

• LIKE/LOVE 4

Jeroen

I use my imagination to cleanse myself as needed throughout my days. This can be done around others too as needed. For example, I like to imagine roots of plants or trees growing from my body into ground. Then I imagine those energies of others, worries, anxieties, and so forth flowing through those roots into ground. Another example is in the shower, I imagine cleansing light flowing along with the water from the top of my head down my body into ground.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Rosario

Ahhh, I'm glad it went well...

I second all the wonderful suggestions!! 

You may try carrying a crystal of your preference, one that makes you feel safe and grounded. Tourmaline works for me 💜

Also catch yourself if you are  holding your breath. 

Try some long cleansing breaths, visualizing other's energies leaving your space. Inhale peace, exhale worry and tension 💜🙏 try to be as present as possible. 

Some people like saying aloud things particular about themselves. Like, my name is Ro, I'm sitting at this couch, I'm wearing blue pants. This helps establish another boundary between you and others. 

And I also love asking Essence for company  ☺️💜 (in a "Jesus take the wheel" kind of fashion!! 🤣 Humor heals!! )

• LIKE/LOVE 3