zahra

zahra

The story goes like this:
"Water. Earth. Fire. Air.
Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world."

And this is repeated in every episode lol
I bet those who have watched it hear katara's voice very clearly in their head

This is the cartoon series that I used to improve my english with and I've watched it several times. I was obsessed lol
What I most love about it is the characters and how they all teach you something.
There are moments that I think this is more appropriate for adults then kids because of its deep lessons.

Some characters appear to be old souls. Like General Iroh, King Bumi, the main character Aang.
I might be wrong though, since he's 12 years old.

I also love the whole Zuko arc. Zuko is the son of fire lord ozai. Who hurt and banished him. only when he captures the avatar could he return home. 

It was a complete "hero's journey" and he changed a lot throughout the show. 

Besides characters, one episode caught my attention
"the swamp"

Avatar and his friends are flying over the swamp and aang hears a calling that they should land there. The swamp is very mysterious to them and they see visions of dead people close to them when they land.
There are some people living there, and they protect the swamp.
A fight occures because of a misunderstanding. And after it settles they talk.
Here's the dialogue:

"the swamp is a mystical place all right. It's sacred. I reached enlightenment right here under the banyan-grove tree.
I heard it calling me, just like you did."

"See this whole swamp is actually just one tree spread out over miles. Branches spread and sink, take root, and spread some more. One big, living organism. Just like the entire world."

[Cuts back to Aang, looking at Huu. He is still openly skeptical.] I get how the tree is one big thing, but the whole world?

"Sure. You think you're any different from me or your friends or this tree? If you listen hard enough, you can hear every living thing breathing together. You can feel everything growing. We're all living together, even if most folks don't act like it. We all have the same roots and we are all branches of the same tree."

But what did our visions mean?

"In the swamp, we see visions of people we've lost, people we loved, folks we think are gone.
But the swamp tells us they're not. We're still connected to them. Time is an illusion and so is death."

28409f948ef.jpg

unnamed.png

5968b12f38cbbfd9b5dff5ca1e789d14.jpg

Edited by zahra
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1

DanielaS

@zahra I love the Avatar series! My son and I watched the whole series together a couple of times. We also watched The Legend of Korra series. It's such a great show.  The Zuko storyline is amazing.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

KurtisM

When I was a kid, I'd often watch Avatar very early in the morning on Nickelodeon. I loved it. I have no doubts it significantly influenced my young imagination.

Ive watched it three times over since then, and it's one of those shows that continues to captivate and surprise me to this day. I love the depth of passion put into it.

I also enjoyed Legend of Korra, but I havent finished it yet. I shelved it at Season 3, not because it was bad but I had other priorities then.

• LIKE/LOVE 1