Bobby

Michael Speaks - February 23, 2020 - State Of The Planet

KurtisM

Given the context of this transcript, I think everyone would benefit from reading this transcript on how to nurture the Health of the Intellectual Center, which helps us access and be receptive to the Truth:

Love how this session ended on a paradoxical, morbidly hilarious and mildly reassuring note.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 4

DianeHB
12 minutes ago, Bobby said:

MEntity: We can say that all of you will survive this either way, but we only know you in your futures that came from a breakthrough.

What the hell does that mean? 

• LIKE/LOVE 18
  • LOL 5
  • WHAT/WOW! 3

Janet

@DianeHB -- it would definitely be something to ask more about. 

Wasn't there something in a session (maybe at a TLEGG) about how Older Souls can choose not to participate in some scenarios because they've been there, done that, aren't interested? Maybe our future selves come from breakthrough because we just opt out of the breakdown scenarios. 

Or a more positive interpretation might be that the breakthrough occurs in the majority of parallels branching from here. 

• LIKE/LOVE 19
  • THANK YOU! 1

Juni
23 minutes ago, Bobby said:

We can say that all of you will survive this either way, but we only know you in your futures that came from a breakthrough.

Whaat. This sounds...a bit ominous.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

Janet

I've been sharing this on Facebook. It was originally shared in my feed by Barbara Taylor, and I love the succinct list in the image that came with the article, but the complete article is very useful as well. 

I think it's important to recognize that it's not just the "other side" that shares fake stuff. I've seen a fair amount of bullshit from all sides. Too often we assume that the items that suit our beliefs are accurate without bothering to look more closely. 

How to Recognize a Fake News Article

image.png

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 6
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

DianeHB
5 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Troy shared this afterwards that probably explains it:

Oh that’s probably because Michael can’t get through to us if we are in survival mode. There needs to be some level of stability, prosperity, and survival distractions at a minimum.

Well that's comforting. 🙄

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • LOL 9
  • WHAT/WOW! 2
  • SAD 2

KurtisM

We already have a version of us moving towards Unimaginable Global Dystopia. It branched from November 2018, related to the American Mid-term Elections retaining a corrupt right-wing house of representatives.
Do we seriously need to merge into them and experience the death of democracy and a backlash that slaps us so hard we land in the Dark Ages again? 

Because I am sincerely no longer interested, even morbidly, in that future. I was in 2018, I know I have two versions of me focused on "saving the world before it's too late" and "resigning into utter despair and futility" that branched then. But I am definitely not now.
I didn't work on my fears, regrets, addictions, opening up to myself and others and finally actually liking myself & my life to end up in a world in which I and everyone else I know and love resigns to & dies in a fiery authoritarian hell. But I suppose none of us here intended that. I doubt many of the people in the great depression & world war 2 that were just trying to live their life or rose up to fight for democracy intended to end up in a parallel world ruled by Fascism from Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan and Soviet Russia either. But that world likely exists, also because of complacency.

Anyways, I'll definitely follow up on the tips Michael gave here to move us towards a Breakthrough 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 20
  • THANK YOU! 3

Crystal

You know you're corrupt when...even Mid-Causal Teaching Entities who have seen and done it all think you're corrupt. And, that is what I've been trying to tell people: don't try to peel off Fuckface voters. Their minds are made up. Reach out to nonvoters instead, and rally our base.

Thank you, @Troyand Michaels, and to @Bobby for transcribing and posting. I've been dealing with sick cats and other personal drama so I've not been able to attend monthly chats lately. But this is so useful. We really are under an information glut. I'm curating my social media and cutting back on what I want to read and take in just for my own peace of mind and mental health. (I figure the New York Times and Washington Post are probably pretty trustworthy. I will NOT get my news from Facebook - which a lot of people do, apparently! The NY Times gives me the news, FB is for keeping up with my old friends.)

I hope we go to "breakthrough" rather than "breakdown." 58% for a Democratic election is way too close to be comforting.

• LIKE/LOVE 20

Meg
2 hours ago, Janet said:

@DianeHB -- it would definitely be something to ask more about. 

Wasn't there something in a session (maybe at a TLEGG) about how Older Souls can choose not to participate in some scenarios because they've been there, done that, aren't interested? Maybe our future selves come from breakthrough because we just opt out of the breakdown scenarios. 

Or a more positive interpretation might be that the breakthrough occurs in the majority of parallels branching from here. 

Ironic such confusion comes up in a session on Truth.  (is this a joke, M?  Wait don't answer that.) Anyway  - here's a another interpretation - (1) it's M who themselves "chooses" to opt out of hanging around so-called breakdown scenarios lol?  Seriously folks, if "we" are there, "they" know us for sure, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.  So I'm going with (2) Janet's interpretation for now: that this implies there's a "remembered" future we're all going to imagine... That, or (3) humanity ends, full stop ("resets"), or (4) as below (Troy), people are too stressed out to receive support (but sorry,  respectfully I just don't buy it), or (5) that was just a typo d'oh! Janet's is sure the nicest I think, thanks 🙂

Edited by Meg
typo lol!
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

JohnM

Once again; an enlightening and moving session.  Yes, I'll agree there was some "scary" in there too - but for whatever its worth, I'll offer my take on the comment from M that they only know us from the futures where there has been breakthrough:   M has said before of our lives / experiences that nothing is wasted - everything ultimately leads toward our continued growth and evolution.  So if we end up on the breakdown path, we'll still eventually make it to breakthrough because our growth and evolution is "inevitable".  We may end up taking the longer (and scarier) path, but we'll still get to that breakthrough just the same.  So putting on my cloak of optimism I'm going to firmly believe that we're going to move directly ahead to the breakthrough because that is the next step on our path.  I'm not looking for a shortcut, but also not very interested in heading off the main trail.   Truth, Love and Energy will remain even if we've lost sight for a moment.  We will find our way because we're worth it.

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 2

CurvyWords

The last bit of this video brought me to tears because it brought what Michael is saying here to life. I don't often admit the Truth to myself because I feel like if I do I will be compromising something. My integrity, my principles, my hard fought positions on the side of justice and genuine equality. But, the truth is. I am scared, like REALLY scared. And while I do have a considerable amount of courage (the bastard only shows up when fear is present), I have to be honest. My fear can make me incredibly exclusionary and intense. I draw hard lines and I can get zealous and stubborn. 

I don't feel safe enough to actively, consciously move towards +Compassion and that fucking sucks. Because it is where I thrive and I am at my best. It just doesn't feel like a time where I can be at my best, because everything is so fucking bad and it feels like too many of us just want to point out how bad it is instead of risking, instead of fighting, instead of holding a line.

Anyhoo, we're all doing our best, let's just try to be as kind as we can to one another even as we are critical of systems. Let us all try to be brave as we snatch our destiny back from the brink of collapse, and may we all be guided this year by Truth to our own personal highest good, that feed into the highest collective good.

Please watch this video if you get most of your news from cable. It's incredibly insightful about what's going on in the media and how to navigate the info glut. And since I do not get my news from cable but I spend WAY too much time on social media and in far left spaces I am deactivating Twitter for a while so I can stop subjecting myself to the tensions, anxieties, and frustrations of cynical, disaffected politics that only make my heart harden and don't foster compassion. I'm being honest about the fact that I am scared, I am not always 100% sure of my convictions, and that I need to make more time and space to listen.

We're all in this together. I love you guys.

• LIKE/LOVE 20
  • THANK YOU! 3

AnnaD

@Meg, I agree with most of what you have said, but, I doubt that the Michaels' would "opt out" of following our lives if our lives took a turn for a breakdown. I think that the Michaels' are here for a long time and not necessarily a good time if you know what I mean, in that, I suspect that they are curious about our choices and trajectories and consequences either way, that they are in it for the duration and not just for the t shirt. I don't think they are quitters lol but if they are, don't tell me, that would be more than upsetting not having their perspective on things. I would hate to think that they would "check out" on us. I.e. Gods away on business please leave a detailed message and we will get right back to you. Hmm.

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 16

Sky Goldy

Veganism is another word for compassion . Enough said!

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1

Troy
4 hours ago, Crystal said:

You know you're corrupt when...even Mid-Causal Teaching Entities who have seen and done it all think you're corrupt.

LOL Michael has always been ok with adjectives that are factual. They don’t use them often, so when they do, it certainly is something to note. 

• LIKE/LOVE 20

Troy
2 hours ago, CurvyWords said:

The last bit of this video brought me to tears because it brought what Michael is saying here to life.

Sharing. Thank you!!

• LIKE/LOVE 5

ckaricai

What I recently noticed (On social media) regarding current American politics is that most democrats are scared to the point of cynicism. Most are saying something like X candidate can’t beat trump because moderates/undecideds won’t vote for him/her. It doesn’t matter who the candidate is it’s being said about ALL of them. These same people also say something like, there’s no point voting for someone who can’t win but the person who might isn’t my candidate so I’m not sure if I will vote. I find this baffling and beyond stupid. I don’t give a shit who the democratic nominee is even if it’s my least favorite I will vote for them because they need my vote to beat trump. The only way to beat him is for everyone who can vote to vote. This isn’t fucking rocket science. The goal and solution are both simple so why make this so fucking complicated? Everyone just needs to vote. 

Edited by ckaricai
  • LIKE/LOVE 17
  • THANK YOU! 3

WolfAmethyst
2 hours ago, AnnaD said:

@Meg, I agree with most of what you have said, but, I doubt that the Michaels' would "opt out" of following our lives if our lives took a turn for a breakdown. I think that the Michaels' are here for a long time and not necessarily a good time if you know what I mean, in that, I suspect that they are curious about our choices and trajectories and consequences either way, that they are in it for the duration and not just for the t shirt. I don't think they are quitters lol but if they are, don't tell me, that would be more than upsetting not having their perspective on things. I would hate to think that they would "check out" on us. I.e. Gods away on business please leave a detailed message and we will get right back to you. Hmm.

Elie Wiesel's words, and various videos I've seen of Elie Wiesel speaking came to mind.  
https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/1049.Elie_Wiesel

Especially anytime he refers back to some version of questions asking where God was at Auschwitz

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/wiesel-yes-we-really-did-put-god-on-trial-1.5056

"I was there when God was put on trial."

"Why should they know what happened? I was the only one there. It happened at night; there were just three people. At the end of the trial, they used the word chayav, rather than ‘guilty'. It means ‘He owes us something'. Then we went to pray."

• SAD 2

WolfAmethyst
2 minutes ago, AnnaD said:

@WolfAmethyst, I had to search it to understand what exactly you are referring to. Is it this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_on_Trial ? Not to hijack this thread, but I have no doubt that these conversations must have been had during Auschwitz Birkenau.

Yes- I was referring to the trial Elie Wiesel himself was witness to, as well as comments he's made to the effect that, at the time, he'd thought God must have been absent / taken a vacation while the horrors of the Holocaust unfolded.

And yet Elie Wiesel himself survived...I'd like to think Michael is trying to convey that the possibility exists for us to survive, too.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

Maureen
7 hours ago, Bobby said:

Maureen:  At this time, what do you see as the probability for each of the top 5 Democratic candidates, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Mike Bloomberg, Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, one of which will be running for president against Trump, that they could/would beat Trump if they were to be the nominee?

MEntity:  It is the same probabilities for all: This currently stands at 58%. The reason it is the same probability for each is that it is not the candidate that determines this election, but the voters. It may be anticipated that one candidate over another may result in fewer voters or losing voters, but those who are voting for the corrupt King are voting for the corrupt King, regardless of any claim or assumption that they are weighing options.

Maureen: Thank you!!

Interestingly, what Michael says about the probable 2020 election results, if Democrats get out and vote in numbers, matches exactly what Rachel Bitecofer says and has been saying since before the 2018 elections. She's brilliant. If you haven't seen her in an interview or read her ideas you're in for a treat. 

Rachel Bitecofer, a political scientist at the Niskanen Center, in Washington, D.C., thinks that most pollsters and forecasters rely on outdated ideas about how candidates succeed. She argues that the outcome has far less to do with the candidates’ ideology than we think it does. Her perspective has been controversial, but in July, 2018, months before the midterm elections, her model predicted the Democratic victory in the House with an accuracy unmatched by conventional forecasters. And it suggests that Democrats should stop worrying about losing, and focus on firing up their voters.

Here's more... with a link below.

"What if everything you think you know about politics is wrong? What if there aren’t really American swing voters—or not enough, anyway, to pick the next president? What if it doesn’t matter much who the Democratic nominee is? What if there is no such thing as “the center,” and the party in power can govern however it wants for two years, because the results of that first midterm are going to be bad regardless? What if the Democrats' big 41-seat midterm victory in 2018 didn’t happen because candidates focused on health care and kitchen-table issues, but simply because they were running against the party in the White House? What if the outcome in 2020 is pretty much foreordained, too?"

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/02/06/rachel-bitecofer-profile-election-forecasting-new-theory-108944?fbclid=IwAR33vbf20v_oqeBaeSW8qV-IcvdzijwHLtyeVqlm78B6yxUFMSIBbI7ATeA

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 2

DanielaS
11 hours ago, CurvyWords said:

Please watch this video if you get most of your news from cable. It's incredibly insightful about what's going on in the media and how to navigate the info glut.

Relevant here is a Michael Speaks session from 2002, 18 years ago, that I've had on my list of questions for a couple of years now. I wanted to ask if it is still true that the news media is simply "innocent" and "slow."  I suspect this session was done before the radicalization power of Fox News gained dominance. I do not think that Fox News  is "innocent" and "slow." But I do think that the CNNs/MSNBCs, etc that Carlos talks about in the video are still in the "innoccent" and "slow" camp, maybe less so than they were 18 years ago, but they are still have roots in traditional, old-fashioned news media. Which was always aligned with corporate interests. 

Question: The news media in the US is extremely narrow and biased. Would Michael please address this and suggest a reliable source?

MEntity: We believe there is too much undue emphasis given to the possibility that your media is “biased” and “narrow.” A more accurate perception, from our point of view, is that it is “innocent” and “slow.”

We have rarely seen your media “hide” anything for long, or distort it for long, or manipulate it, etc. The truth does get out, even if not in the first few reports. We believe it is helpful to “follow” the news as it unfolds and remind yourselves that the people collaborating in reporting are humans involved in their own lives, fears, and agendas as you are.

In general, Local News is fairly accurate over a shorter period of time. News Shows, such as 60 Minutes and Dateline can be more concerned with presentation than with the truth, but a great deal of truth is there, even if cloaked.

Publicly funded radio is fairly accurate in reporting, but we have found this area of news to be severely subjective, which has its pros and cons. This is not to say it is inaccurate or untruthful, but there is far more potential for want of a specific point to get across, rather than the truth. Public Radio will vary from reporter to reporter and show to show. You must validate for yourselves with whom you relate.

We described the news as Innocent and Slow because it is. There is no real agenda of narrowness or bias, as we have said, but it is fair to say there are far too many considerations clouding the reporting which are distracting. This distraction slows the news, but it does get through. We say it is Innocent because most who are caught up in the world of reporting have a hard time seeing past the structures currently in place.

And finally, we have found that News from the North and East of the United States tends to be the most immediately concerned with accuracy and correction.

Question: I was concerned by the lack of world news, especially when it does not affect us directly.

MEntity: ALL news is only reported in terms of how it affects the general area reporting. This is true in all countries. It is not unique to the United States’ reporting methods.

To access what is happening in the world, we can suggest the Internet as an invaluable resource of accuracy and immediacy. There are “streams” of media from other countries, as well as “local” newspapers in English from other countries. There is a tremendous resource of alternative news sources inherent in what is called the World Wide Web. This takes up the slack where your local television or radio cannot fulfill.

As for those media, we can suggest BBC World News is accurate enough and accessible on the radio and cable, while the network called ABC tends to have World News presented accurately on broadcast television. Does this help clarify?

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 2

Leela Corman

Hey y'all, Elie Wiesel turns out to have been a notorious groper of young women, so let's let him fade. There are better and deeper writers on the Shoah, such as my main man Primo Levi, whose wrestlings with the experience left pointless discussions of "why" in the dust and engaged instead with science and human behavior (he was a chemist as well as a poet and essayist) and with mourning the fact that humans keep committing atrocities on each other, even after the Shoah, that we learn nothing (he frequently referenced the Khmer Rouge in his writings, as that was contemporary).

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound testy, but 1) a sexual harasser should not be lauded for his 2) sentimental writings invoking a nonexistent deity. The struggles of a person raised in Jewish orthodoxy with the idea that there's a god somewhere that "let" the Shoah happen are, to me, empty of meaning, and I am saying this as a Jew and a descendant of survivors, and as someone whose work has almost exclusively been about the Shoah for the a lot of my career. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to sit at seders year after year and hear relatives do that "why did god let this happen" spiel. I think that line of questioning does real harm, because it is not a theorized deity we must query when we are examining human cruelty, whether that cruelty is on an intimate or a mass scale. It is human nature that we should be focused on if we want to come anywhere close to solving "a problem from hell", as UN Ambassador Samantha Power once termed genocide. Those who look to a supernatural entity to somehow stop these events from occurring, especially the idea that one's people are "chosen" and that somehow that means we've got some guy looking out for us, when history clearly shows us that the only thing we Jews have been consistently chosen for besides high cholesterol is state-sanctioned murder, are going to be continually disappointed and lost.

I care passionately about genocide and totalitarianism, and while religious convictions can really help people be brave in those situations, this particular discourse within Jewish life really upsets me. It's also the handmaiden of "god gave us the land of Israel, the people who were already there are the enemy, so we can take their land and homes from them". It leads to oppression and to repeating history, this time with us as the aggressors, even as we call ourselves victims.

The last thing I'll say is on the subject of asking "why". I learned this from the death of my first daughter. The question when something horrible happens to you isn't "Why you", it's "why NOT you". Bad things happen, unfortunately. There's no one up there controlling it, and none of us are exempt. I wasn't being singled out or punished when Rosalie died. She had her own reasons for coming and for going. Any meaning or learning I extracted from the experience was not "fated", it was due to my own abilities and privilege to exercise them. I mean this as a comfort, though I don't think I'm coming across that way: it's cruel to yourself to ask why something awful and random happened. It puts the onus of responsibility on you for things that may have been completely out of your control. Don't do that to yourself if you can help it. I mean yes, many things are preventable, wear seatbelts, use sunscreen, cross at the light etc., but life can throw some gnarly shit at you.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 5