NickF

Completely understand if this is unworkable but thought I’d ask @Troy and Team TLE. On some other websites there occasionally is a button (on the webpage) that optimizes the webpage for printing. That is, printing TEXT ONLY without extraneous stuff. I think it’s usually labeled “Print View”.

There are times when I’d like to print a library topic for example, without the header, side logos and comments. I don’t know if others have this need or not. Just wondering though whether this is something doable. No worries if it’s not workable. Just thought I’d ask. 

Right now I COPY and PASTE the text only to Notes for printing. So I get that I can do that. 

Thanks again to Troy and Team TLE for ALL that ALL of you do for this community. ❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • PRIEST
Maureen
22 hours ago, NickF said:

p.s. Maybe it’s a SCHOLAR thing.  I am compelled to maintain library records on hand that I can reread. 🙂

@NickF, I'm compelled to as well (I swear I'm part Scholar, some days!) but it finally got the better of me years ago and then I had to find another solution. The last straw was when I straight-armed a huge glass of water all over a huge stack of Michael papers by the bed that I was in middle of reading/filing. I was inundated and overwhelmed with paper!!

I talked to Geraldine at the time about my technology/time issues and she helped me come up with a workable plan. She suggested Evernote (a good solution for what I needed) and I bought my first iPad to replace ALL the paper that was cluttering up my life. I use Word / Excel with Evernote (duplicates of everything) on my laptop and I use email more efficiently and as well iBooks and Kindle. My iPad works as a satellite for Evernote so whatever I put on my laptop I can read on my iPad. I can search for anything and everything and get what I want almost instantly. I even have all TOMG's work so I can search through older documents as well. I even helped my sister set up her online library in the same way  (she's a Scholar-cast Sage) so she has an easier time managing all her "paper". Come to think of it she often prints out things to read so she's not as "paperless" as she could be -- but it's a choice as much as a habit.

It's been a Tao-send (for me)... so much so that I ended up using my printer so seldom that every time I did go to use it cost me a chunk of change and time and convenience as the ink was always dry and had to be replaced. This once-in-a-while copy of "whatever" would end up costing me $60 for ink cartridges replacement. So, I went through, step by step, when I actually had to get a copy of "whatever" and worked out the most efficient and least costly way it do it and I, finally, got rid of my printer. I must admit that at first I felt naked without it because I've "always" had a printer but I now live with so much less stress, on me and on the planet (paperless -- woohoo!!) and less clutter!!, that it's been worth it. This may not be what's best for you, or what you want, and I know it's a personal choice and your habits are different than mine. So, whatever works for you is the right choice!!! I just wanted to share with you what I went through and how much better I feel. 💫

Piles of Paper to be Filed.png

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
NickF

@Maureen  I’ve just bookmarked the site. It sounds like Evernote would be perfect for what I need. I’m going to read on it further. I’m sure I’ll give it a try. I currently use Apple Notes which is limited in features. I’m glad to read that you can use Evernote on your iPad as I use an iPad most of the time. I like not wasting paper too. Merci beaucoup! You are ever helpful! 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 4
Diane

Haha!

Ok, I have to say I saw the title, Print View and I thought, oh good an easy way to print from the site!

@NickF I'm pleased Maureen introduced me to Evernote and I love it. It's a free app if you stay within the monthly download limits.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
NickF
4 minutes ago, Diane said:

Haha!

Ok, I have to say I saw the title, Print View and I thought, oh good an easy way to print from the site!

@NickF I'm pleased Maureen introduced me to Evernote and I love it. It's a free app if you stay within the monthly download limits.

😊 

• LIKE/LOVE 2