Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia, Cologne - Nadine

Evelin

Glad you're OK and can work, Nadine.

I don't get the TP panic, either...

It was beautiful spring weather this weekend in Estonia as well, and people diligently avoided public places and went to nature walks... ironically, a popular bog — usually a peaceful place — got crowded! 😄 So basically, walks in near-city nature practically became a health hazard.

Edited by Evelin
  • LIKE/LOVE 18
Nadine
1 hour ago, Janet said:

It makes me think that if you need TP, the best time to get it is as soon as your local store opens. 

Janet, I went to do my groceries on saturday morning and there was still recycling paper and 4 ply paper available. The most popular 3ply was the only one sold out. I didn't need any though, I think I've got enough to get me through the next two weeks or so.

And yes, I also decided to continue loving this time of the year. 🙂 I walked through the botanical garden yesterday and all the magnolias were in full bloom. It was beautiful! 

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
8 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I bought a Playstation in December and started gaming

Okay, this is more upsetting than any doomsday scenario!! WHY DID YOU NOT GET AN XBOX and join our little TLE GAMING GANG!!?? LOL Several of us hang out all the time and would have loved to have you!!!

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • LOL 14
Evelin
14 minutes ago, Troy said:

Okay, this is more upsetting than any doomsday scenario!! WHY DID YOU NOT GET AN XBOX and join our little TLE GAMING GANG!!?? LOL Several of us hang out all the time and would have loved to have you!!!

And this is why we need Sages -- to keep our priorities straight!!!

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 8
  • THANK YOU! 1
Nadine
25 minutes ago, Troy said:

LOL! I'm so sorry! The only game I ever played before was Tomb Raider 2 on Playstation 2 when I was 16, so I figured it would be easiest for me to start again with a Playstation... It took me some time to get used to the controler again, but I do feel quite comfortable by now. Playstation or XBOX, I have to say it was the best decision ever to buy a console! It's so much fun! How did I miss out on this all these years???

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 1
Ingun

I've also tuned into spring while taking walks, though it's still much colder where I live, but I entertain myself with thinking about a fresh spring green color that will soon come back, and the earth that is full of new life that will soon sprout, plus the sun that is always there after cloudy weather or rainy days, but also no matter what we go through. I find this Turning Point fascinating, surreal, surprising, intriguing, but also all other emotions is part of the process.

I can't help thinking about the Resource based economy and barter. I wish we would come much closer to that after this, and that the debth based economy will loose it's grip some how.

Edited by Ingun
had to delete the wrong word and add the correct one; barter
  • LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 1
KurtisM

@Nadine this surreal pandemic reminds me of what my Essence told me back in September 2018, on my first day of University.

"ESSENCE: As your world shifts from your current economic & banking systems towards digital currency, prosumerism, grassroots movements, organic methods of production, distribution, consumption, community funded pools and meaningful community projects- strangers will no longer seem so foreign, teachers will no longer seem like bosses, faculty will no longer seem like side support, organizations will no longer seem like large terrifying things you have no control over.

Your most distant family members, coworkers and friends of friends of friends won’t even seem all that remote. What your world is evolving into is a global ring of citizenry that permeates all corporations, governments, families, locations etc. The basic law will be common decency in treating each other as equals, regardless of any occupation, status, ideal etc.

This will happen regardless of what happens to and in your world near 2020. Nearly every reality is looking to come together in a way that is permanent. Every experience you have and create at university will feed into this and spread like a wildfire.

ME: You’re saying that a massive monumental change is coming to me as I live out my uni life?

ESSENCE: Yes- a massive monumental change is coming to every part of your world in the very near future. A massive shock in how you live life is coming. This will then affect your university campuses and ignite waves of unity in it to heal local human illnesses. Though it may not seem as shocking to you, it will certainly be to those around you have only tried to focus on their personal lives.

It may not look like healing, but it is and will be. It will look ugly and be discomforting.

ME: Is there likely to be any periods of time where my Uni and/or work life are critically halted by global issues?

ESSENCE: Yes, we think that there would be large periods of time where either of these are halted due to global issues. If they are not, the basic dynamics that define what work life & school life are, will likely change entirely.

It is either/or. You will see how your world won’t stand up for current policies of education and labor much longer."

Of course, they said this would most likely come around 2023, but I think this Pandemic has bumped it up.

Indeed, as prophesied, my University is moving all classes online that they can as of yesterday. No one is going to school campus now.

I'm also unable to meet my mate agreement who lives in America now in April, due to social distancing.

Oh also, my dad and I joked this Pandemic will be known as the fucking TP Pandemic.

Though in more serious terms, I think this Pandemic will change everything.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
  • THANK YOU! 2
On 3/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, Troy said:

But how are yall gonna play Animal Crossing on Friday if yall on XBox smh.

But seriously I have a Switch and a gaming pc and I currently am staying at my parents' who have a PS4, so I have access to everything except XBox.

Thursday 19 @ 11:38 AM edit - I need to speak out about this: while this post was originally made to lighten up the atmosphere during these stressful times, I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to avoid crowded spaces such as video game stores at this time. If you plan on getting Animal Crossing or any other video game, please consider digital purchases for the time being. I'm reading horror stories about GameStop employees who are denied sick leaves and essential stuff like hand sanitizer. Read this to have an overview of what is going on.

My mom and I cancelled our preorders for a physical copy and will be getting the game on eShop instead. We are so happy to be doing the smart, compassionate and responsible thing, and we encourage everyone to do the same. Protect yourself and your fellow humans!

Sorry Nadine to hijack your thread a bit!

Edited by Karine
Added a psa
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
DianeHB
5 hours ago, Karine said:

But how are yall gonna play Animal Crossing on Friday if yall on XBox smh.

But seriously I have a Switch and a gaming pc and I currently am staying at my parents' who have a PS4, so I have access to everything except XBox.

Troy and I both have Switches too! He needs more friends on it before he'll play it more. 😛 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
Nadine

I am so angry right now. Our government decided to try a non-authoritarian approach and didn't lock down the country. Instead they urged everyone to be responsible and solidaric and stay home. I hoped people would act like responsible adults, but instead they are gathering outside because we're having the first warm spring days. Police just had to dissolve an assembly of 600 people at the river banks of the Rhine. They were just all outside, sitting in the sun, enjoying the day. What the fuck is wrong with people? What does it take for them to understand this is serious?

A friend met an aquaintance downtown and he said he "didn't believe in the virus because it's a conspiracy of the pharma industry". Like, what? I can't believe this is happening.

We need a lock down. I wish it wouldn't be necessary and people would just act responsably but they don't and we need that fucking lock down.

• SAD 10
  • ANGRY 6
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
petra

@Nadine  I so understand your anger! Is there a way for you to contact local media? and I mean media those young souls that you are surrounded with, and act like teenagers, would listen to? that would guide them to a better understanding why lock-down and distancing is important and very helpful. I know young souls will use any info to suit there own interests all across the board, see only themselves and haven't developed yet any responsibility for others, and like teenagers they need guidance. Maybe one e-mail or phone call could make a little difference and with that the energy of your anger is directed in a way that it reliefs you, as well as, has a chance to change some minds. These are challenging times, its worth to give it a try, or you come up with something else that hasn't crossed my mind yet. You have my support and love!  

• LIKE/LOVE 11
Nadine

Well, I don't know how, since I don't really have contact with any of these people. Right now I'm self-quarantined at home because I have a cold (hopefully). My friends all seem to act responsibly. I'm just so disheartend at the moment.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • SAD 2
  • THANK YOU! 1
petra

@Nadine  Take good care of your spiritual, mental, and physical health first, let what is sink in, and sometimes there comes this trustful moment, were we just know what to do. You are loved, and I am so glad, you are here with us.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2
Nadine

Thank you, @petra. Thank you for being so soothing. I'm just not very stable at the moment. There are intense moments of worry but also moments of such beauty. I had so many people offering to do groceries for me, we're all staying in touch via WhatsApp or phone. I'm trying not to read the news too much as I find it very disturbing, but it's hard for me to unplug at the moment. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1
Evelin

I'm sorry to hear that, Nadine 😞 That must be frustrating to watch when you're doing your bit. (((socially distant virtual hugs)))

Edited by Evelin
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1
H2nna

It is so revealing how people are reacting to the situation. Those manifesting older soul ages, who supposedly have killed enough and figured out karmic death payments are a looot of work, seem to support the rather responsible, ethical solution to keep as many alive as possible and not to overtax the health system. Then there are those who are most interested in their money and how much they are losing by day and being above law,  cause the rules are not for them. Survival of the fittest! (=young souls).

How much karma is it to give the virus unintentionally to someone who ends up dying??😅

• LIKE/LOVE 9
Evelin
13 minutes ago, H2nna said:

How much karma is it to give the virus unintentionally to someone who ends up dying??

That. And, I've been wondering how much (good?) karma it would be to give the virus intentionally to certain Stubborn Old Men to get them out of the way of better solutions... 🤔

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • LOL 4
Nadine

So, just wanted to give an update: since yesterday it is prohibited to have meetings with more than two people outside and people are staying in! Yay! My anxiety comes and goes but generally, I feel more calm. It's good to see people are respecting the social distancing. 

I find it interesting to see how much the "slowing down" and "reconnecting" aspects Michael talked about are showing up. My phone is blowing up, I'm having hour long conversations with people I didn't speak to in a while. So ironically, while physically distant, we are taking much more time to be intimate mentally and emotionally. A lot of my friends said they are appreciating that the whole world is slowing down and they are able to catch their breath. 

Since we only implemented these measures this week, I still expect a big rise in cases and I hope our hospitals and doctors will be able to keep up. Every night at 9pm people go to their windows and balconies to cheer and applaud, thanking all nurses, doctors, store workers, etc. I hope they will be much more respected and better paid when this is all over.

I can see some issues arising regarding the food supplies, as most farmers rely heavily on farm hands from eastern Europe and borders are closed now. They are trying to get everyone who is out of work or school at the moment to help bring in the crops, so they don't rot on the fields. I'd love to go, as it is an opportunity to get out and do some physical labour and get back in touch with nature, but I'm still employed (luckily). I hope others will be willing and able to help though.

I hope you're all okay, guys! Stay safe! 

Edited by Nadine
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 5
Diane
56 minutes ago, Nadine said:

A lot of my friends said they are appreciating that the whole world is slowing down and they are able to catch their breath. 

Thanks for the update.

Interesting phrase considering this virus hits the respiratory system!

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • LOL 4
  • THANK YOU! 1
Nadine

Update: The Robert Koch Institute (the german public health insitute) is "carefully optimistic" about the slowing of the exponential growth. Death rate so far is 0,3%. We still don't have a nationwide lock down. I think because we come from an oppressive background with the NS regime and GDR, the current government is trying to avoid as much as possible having to use authoritarian measures and instead urges the population to act responsibly. We can still go outside to get some fresh air but only in groups of two. People seem to have grasped the seriousness of the situation and respect it for now. The hoarding also seems to have subsided a bit, people aren't grabbing what they can anymore.

My bosses are doing what they can to calm everyone down and assure us that our jobs are safe. They are sending out daily updates to us employees to keep us updated on how the company is doing and what measures they are planning to take if things should get worse. They are very honest, open and transparent about it. And I have to say, the are doing a fantastic job. I'm so happy to be working at this company. They show some good mature/old soul values. There might still be issues like the shutting down of production if the workers there get tested positive, but quite honestly, if that happens, there is nothing they can do about it and we'll all be fucked. So let's hope that won't happen.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 3
Nadine

Update: Things are relatively calm here. The growth rate of new infections is slowing down, it has dropped from 3 days last week to 6 days now. The death toll in Germany is incredibly low compared to other countries and nobody knows why. We do have a good health care system with a lot of beds in intensive care (33,7 beds per 100,000 residents compared to 12,5 per 100,000 residents in Italy), so that might be a reason. Germany is now flying in patients from both Italy and France.

While the numbers are encouraging, I do fear that people will start taking the restrictions less serious because of them, which would lead to a second wave. For now, most people conform to the new rules. Polls show that a high percentage is very satisfied with the way government is dealing with this crisis. 

I've been out to do some shopping and I am stunned by how well the distancing is working for now. Also, everyone seems more cheerful, friendly and polite. Mind you, none of these things are typically german. We're an ill-humored, grumpy bunch of people. But people are so helpful and friendly these days, I feel like I'm in an alternate universe. Some dude in my street organized a facebook group for everyone living in this street in case anyone needs help shopping, cooking or cleaning. The whole neighborhood seems to suddenly reconnect and get to know each other, offering services, help, solace to each other. It seems to be the case for the other boroughs, too. Supermarkets are stocked again. Most of them have now a policy which only allows you to buy a pack of toilet paper and soap at a time, to prevent hoarding, which I welcome. They only let in a certain number of people at a time, with the rest queuing outside, maintaining a 2 meter distance between each other, chatting away, smiling at each other, joking. That is such a weird sight to behold, we would normally just stand there with a resting bitch face, each to their own. I really hope we'll keep going like that.

What I read about France, Italy, the US and other countries scares and frightens me and I truly hope we'll find ways to collectively manage these situations better. 

Stay safe, everyone!

Edited by Nadine
typos
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 3