Michèle

Who knows what's the truth anymore, but worth watching I think.

Miizle

I'm surprised i started watching this, but as the doctor (I assume this was a real doctor and a real press conference. You never know tho unless you do a thorough fact check) leaned on published data around the world, i kept watching. It is kind of confusing because there seems to be a logical point there, the further he gets. I would be very interested in Michael's view on the facts presented, if there are fallacies, and all this versus what's being done (which is supposedly The Right Thing and the arguments for make sense, too), versus the direction of humanity and all that. It's perplexing. I must wonder if the coming together to show compassion is the key here for humanity's advancement, even if perhaps the grounds were not scientifically correct and there is collateral damage due to the side effects of the action that has followed this compassion. Perhaps there could have been a different route to show compassion and avoid the side effects. I do not know.
(I don't trust that presenter tho, don't know him, he's borderline ok like i can listen to him, but leaning a little too heavily into the coercing style for my subjectivity/brainwash detector.)

Ingun

If you check the youtube link, it has already been removed from youtube.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Wendy

That is a right wing white supremacist conspiracy site. 

Edited by Wendy
  • LIKE/LOVE 6

BrianW

Yeah, just look at the Wikipedia page for the host:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitChute

"It was created to allow video uploaders to avoid content rules enforced on other platforms, such as YouTube.The platform accommodates far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists; with the Southern Poverty Law Center saying the site hosts "hate-fueled material".[9] Some creators who have been banned or had their channels barred from receiving advertising revenue ("demonetized") on YouTube have migrated to BitChute."

• LIKE/LOVE 5

Miizle

That doesn't surprise me, it had the flair, although quite slightly and they displayed the public records on which they based their claims on. I was expecting myself to stop watching every minute, but i guess as soon as some quite worrying data was discussed, i kept watching in hopes they would say something completely stupid to prove they're just assclowns. The part that made me watch it through was the side-effects of the lockdown, which this doctor (who i have not and will not look up as i have better things to do) claimed to manifest as spikes in domestic violence and child abuse. This, unfortunately, makes sense. I don't know how good the measures are in each country and city to help people. I really hope they are good, and this video was made to exaggerate it all to further their agenda. The good thing is that there were actually no numbers they gave on that, so hopefully the truth is nowhere close to as worrying. My heart is just aching thinking about all those kids locked up in the house with their abusive parents/other relatives.

• LIKE/LOVE 1

Michèle
On 5/5/2020 at 2:37 PM, Wendy said:

That is a right wing white supremacist conspiracy site. 

@Miizle, @Wendy, @BrianW, @Ingun and everybody else who read this, I apologise for posting a link from a white supremacist source, I didn't realise and it's not where I usually get my information from.

Unfortunately the whole conference had been removed from Youtube and this was the only snippet I could find.

However, what the Dr says regarding much higher numbers of infection than we thought, is correct (we calculated this for ourselves and checked the figures on worldometer and took into account that 50-60% of people have  mild/ or no symptons at all therefore won't be tested) and large scale tests conducted in the UK and everywhere do now confirm this also.

The virus spreads faster than the flu, therefore more cases happen at once rather than spread over a flu season, which means we still need social distancing to ensure that hospitals have capacity for the serious cases. 

My heart goes out to all children, spouses, people who are locked up with others who can't handle this well and are exposed to their anger, frustration, fears that can manifest in many ways, and those who are locked up in isolation alone and suffer from anxiety, depression etc. I do feel deeply for all of you.

Edited by Michèle
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

Jana

I really dislike when people dismiss something on the basis of it being removed from YouTube, without watching it, and forming an opinion that it therefore must be wrong, and not worth watching or subjecting to an objective critique. This is a dangerous thinking where you delegate your critical thinking to someone else, in this case the censure YouTube is forced to apply (which is heavy). Sites like BitChute would have less traffic were it not for that