Faye

Found a Curious Tidbit

Question

Faye

I was talking to my sister last night and we encountered a thing we found curious, well, I found curious. Between the two of us we have different way of pursuing life. The first correlation I thought of was the Self-Actualization step in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Two paths in the pursuit of the same self-actualization. Those two paths seem to be bringing the inner world to the outer world and bring the outer world to the inner world. My sister is a person that brings her inner world to her outer world. She works toward creating comfort with her external environment. And you can feel that from her environment. It is something I admire about her. I, on the other hand, bring my outer world to my inner world. I work toward creating comfort in my internal environment. I question life all of the time. And she doesn't. It is almost as if I have questions and she has answers. My dad and youngest brother seem the same as my sister. And my mom and my middle brother seem like me. We all have different questions and answers. But there is a common function or understanding between those on one path or the other. I have always understood my brother and mom, I could talk to them and understand them and they understood me. With my dad, sister, and youngest brother I have always worked to understand them. They seem so infuriatingly understanding. As I might seem infuriatingly questioning to them. I could never find full common ground, but I understand now that I would interact with them according to my function toward life.

Have y'all encountered this? Thoughts? Any correlation to the Michaels Teaching? I haven't seen any.

P.S. I wonder if the natural challenge toward understanding between the two paths are what helps keep a relationship's longevity. As long as you can manage the bumps. Most of the couplings in my family are one from each side. From what I can tell. My youngest brother got divorced from an opposite and married the same as him. Could be the same with relationships with friends too. Most of my friends when I was younger I would classify as being on the same side as me. But as I have grown I have gained more friends I would classify on the other side.

• LIKE/LOVE 8

1 answer to this question

Jørgen

While reading the above, I came to think of how soul ages tend to be alternating between focusing on the individual and community. Like how the infant soul is focused upon survival, and thus could be said to brining an understanding of the environment to the self,. While the baby souls builds externally, be that social structures or actual shaping of environment. Young souls then focus on the individual again, mature on communion and so on. 

I obviously don’t know whether what you described is a quirk of soul age and/or levels, but that’s what it reminded me of. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1