Jeroen

Interview with Brit Marling - 20 questions

Jeroen

This evening, I watched a recent interview of Brit Marling with Gregory Crewdson and approximately 800 students as part of online learning. You get to see some of the students speak to her towards the end of the interview. I love how she expresses herself in her words and gestures. She speaks of her work in film, and answers a number of questions. In one question, she describes how she sees the soul of each person in sort of its own container like a folgers coffee container. She says she thinks the lid of her container is somewhat open so she is both in her body (container) and outside of it. I am paraphrasing. In other examples, she speaks of how the world seems to be crumbling around us today and about a painting she has behind her. You can see the painting below on the stand near the plant. I think she is a beautiful person.

I was saddened that the OA was cancelled. Would have loved to see season 3. Perhaps there is a possibility the OA might be renewed at some point down the road. 

I thought I would share this video for those people who like her and and her work.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 3

Maureen

Thanks so much for posting this @Jeroen. I love Britt Marling and her work. It was fascinating to get to see her so clearly, to get to know her better, through this up close and personal interview. I could see all the many ways she expresses her Artisan-cast (LOL!! I first wrote "vast" instead of "cast"...there are no mistakes, are there?) Sage-ness, her mysticism and other-worldliness through the C1E4 connection, and her transcendence experienced through her 7th Level Old Soulness. At least that is how I was taking it all in... and many times I was taken away with her vision(s) and innate storytelling ability and so many times I felt my head nodding in acknowledgment of knowing exactly what she was talking about. What a gentle, creative force!! What a Treat!! I dearly hope she and her creative partner get an opportunity to complete the OA as that would make so many of us happy. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1

Bogi

I would like to add this interview with her here, and also an excerpt from this interview that I really liked.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/opinion/sunday/brit-marling-women-movies.html

"But I wasn’t drawn to acting because I wanted to be desired.

I was drawn to acting because I felt it would allow me to become the whole, embodied person I remembered being in childhood — one that could imagine freely, listen deeply and feel wholeheartedly."

This part really resonated with me, especially in light when Michael tells us that they help us to remember ourself.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Bogi

Help, I am infected with the Brit Marling virus.

Binge watching videos with her on Youtube.

I have a new girl on my girl crush list.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • LOL 1