Martha

Imagination

Martha

From a session on January 4, 2011.

In my personal channeling from Troy, as well as in the library, I have seen a number of comments from Michael about the untapped potential of Imagination.

QUESTION: I've found a number of references in Troy's channeling to Imagination, and how we don't understand the possibilities of its use, regarding our multidimensional selves, parallels and probabilities. Are there levels to Imagination? Some deeper aspect of the teachings?

MEntity:

Imagination is the highest frequency that a Sentient body carries as a tool, and this could be said to correspond to the Causal Body of that fragment. The greater the use of the imagination as a tool, the more aligned one is with his or her Entity and its general intentions/agenda.

The imagination could be said to have three functions, rather than levels, and those would be REPRODUCTIVE, CREATIVE, and INVOLUNTARY.

• Reproductive Imagination includes memory, crafts, recounting, recall, recognition, routine, etc., and even body maintenance.
  • Creative Imagination includes ideas, art, solutions, potential, possibilities, anticipation, etc., and even body healing/recovery.
  • Involuntary Imagination includes fear, instinct, defense, reactions, depression, psychoses, pathologies, etc., and even illnesses.

Each function often overlaps with another function. In the context of accessing Parallels, the Reproductive Imagination comes into play.

###

EDITED TO ADD THIS QUESTION FROM THE POF CHAT ON 1/5.11:

In tonight's Personal Open Floor chat, several people asked about their cadences and Michael was giving the theme for each. So I asked the same thing, and lo and behold:

MEntity: Martha, for your Cadence of Sages, the theme could be described as IMAGINATION, or more specifically as Generating or Creating Imaginary Landscapes, which ultimately come to be meeting grounds for many, either when manifested literally, or retained as imaginary and accessed through others' imagination. Your Cadence is responsible for one of the most-comfortable "lounges" on the Astral Plane for members of your own Entity (and often other Cadre Mates) between lives. Your Cadence generates these landscapes through media for the most part, and when these cannot be shared in any meaningful way, the landscapes tend to grow internally and can become consuming to the individual Personality.

• LIKE/LOVE 18

Janet

This content showed up in the Study Library mystery links for August, so I thought it should be added to the forum topics so it could be discussed.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 3

Connie Stansell-Foy
9 hours ago, Janet said:

This content showed up in the Study Library mystery links for August, so I thought it should be added to the forum topics so it could be discussed.

Thanks, @Janet! I cannot even explain how much a part of my life imagination is. I never thought of it as being any sort of productive before!

I've done a bit of creating imaginary landscapes. They tend to resemble the African savannah, with different or flat-out weird animals. (My favorites ATM are the brightly-colored monkeykats.)

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Meg

This is really interesting to me. Developing/cultivating the faculty of "imagination" as a tool is so prevalent in so many global systems, ancient and modern.  Thanks for re-locating this text @Janet.  I have been thinking about it (again) since it popped up in your calendar.  (I really enjoy the monthly links btw.)  On this topic, it's interesting to me how they almost seem to say, "If you can think about it, it exists!", but then back off more sensibly in the teaching... 

"In the context of accessing Parallels, the Reproductive Imagination comes into play" (above).  Gee, you'd think it would be "creative" (as in outside-the-box stuff), right?  But what they indicate here actually more routine -- it reminds me of the practice they recommend for accessing (influencing??) parallels: pick a habit, a symbol, a THING, and focus on it or do it.  That's not speculative, it's habituated. 

When I try to reflect on this seriously, I chew on the problem of imagination/memory as they have described it. (This correlates somewhat with "Reproductive" imagination as sketched above.) At one point I remember somewhere they said something like, imagining is remembering-forward or something like that.... Whoah.

[Also, from above: Q. is "Involuntary" imagination shared  -- thinking about the "lounge" example given personally for @Martha above -- sounds like maybe not so much from above, but you have to wonder a little...]

Anyway, interesting!    THANKS

Edited by Meg
tagged Janet & Martha
  • LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

Jody Bower

Creative imagination is huge for me. In my academic career I often argued that artists change the world by giving us new visions of how things could be that enable the rest of us to make those visions happen. Each generation takes another step forward in imagining how our culture could change, and this opens the door to change. It's not enough to point out all the things that are wrong with the world; for real change to happen, we need something to work toward, and imagination gives us that. My colleagues & I often talk about "the mundus imaginalis," the imaginary world, as the bridge between the world as it is and the ideal world; the term also applies to the liminal zone in which our earthly selves catch a glimpse of the higher realms.

mundus-imaginalis.png

• LIKE/LOVE 4