ALERT - SITE UPGRADE: Version 4.5

• HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy

HEADS UP!

By the time you read this, the site will have implemented a major upgrade. If you find any issues or bugs, please note them in this thread.  

UPDATES BELOW IN ORDER OF MOST-RECENT

UPDATE EIGHT: The Theme Bug has a temporary fix now and will be a permanent fix with the next update. Thank you, @Connor for bringing this to my attention. Please check to ensure the fix is working.

UPDATE SEVEN: Re: Search Results Bug
We got a reply from the developers. Below is their response. Thank you, @Kasia, for bringing this to my attention!  NOTE: It looks like the THEME BUG is back... bear with me.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

While this request will show as "solved" and I do not currently have an ETA for resolution of the bug, rest assured it will be addressed. You may check the release notes in each release to see if a particular issue has been addressed.

UPDATE SIX: The platform has been updated again with a fresh patch for various fixes from behind the scenes and the bug with the background/color picker is now resolved. So far, so good! BONUS: I know have control over editing the various color pallets so you will see some changes to the options soon. The default color combo/image (with sunny background and white/blue/orange theme) will remain, but color scheme 2 will be tweaked and the dark theme improved.

UPDATE FIVE: The platform continues to be updated as third-party applications and plugins are updated and patches are applied. If you see the site giving errors or gateway issues, just give a bit of time. That means something is being updated. Try again in a minute or five.

KNOWN BUG: the issue with the background and color scheme issue pointed out by Connor is known and a fix is coming.

NEW FEATURE - BLOG CATEGORIES: A new feature has come to Blogs that allows you to create categories for your blog entries. This means you can create a GENERAL Category, DREAMS Category, PRIVATE SESSIONS Category, etc. Not only does this allow you to sort your personal blogs better, but it also allows others to sort through your entries based on themes, if they wish.

LOOKING FOR EDIT? Just use the three dots at the top-right of your posts to open a menu of options.

edit it.PNG

UPDATE FOUR: The issue with the databases has been resolved. 

Also, I finally learned how to define the details of the various themes, so please bear with me as I tweak these over the weekend.

UPDATE THREE: The upgrade and bug squashing is about 99% done, so if you see or find any issues, you can report them now. KNOWN ISSUES: I do know there are some font color issues vs background colors and I will fix those. Thank you for your patience. 

BONUS: if you do not like all of these bells and whistles and customizations, you can scroll to the bottom of any page and look for the THEME menu to change to the BASIC PLAIN THEME. This will reduce the site to very basic design.

UPDATE TWO: The site now has several color and background options with a dark and light theme. You can change these by looking for the glowing, hovering icon near the bottom-left of the site. Click it to open your color combo and background options. Once you like what you see, make sure you click the check mark to lock it for your viewing pleasure. NOTE: color themes may change as these are default and I will be improving on them, so if you see a change, just check the icon again for updated options.

1 = COLOR PALLETS
2 = LIGHT/DARK

3 = BACKGROUNDS

4 = CONFIRM

5 = RESET TO DEFAULT

PALLET.PNG

UPDATE ONE: I've spent the day dealing with constant bugs and issues related to our upgraded platform. I have to take a break and will deal with this again on Friday. Please do not worry about reporting issues or bugs just yet because we are aware that they exist. I will announce when everything should be working and then we can report issues.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 5
Troy

The site is a mess, so please bear with the process! Support is working out the bugs and errors as fast as they can!

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1
Evelin

So far it looks fine on my end, the only thing I dislike is having notification emails cut off at two rows, so I have to go to the site to read the entire post. Before I got the person's entire post as an email, which was more convenient for me.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
Troy

UPDATE: I've spent the day dealing with constant bugs and issues related to our upgraded platform. I have to take a break and will deal with this again on Friday. Please do not worry about reporting issues or bugs just yet because we are aware that they exist. I will announce when everything should be working and then we can report issues.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1
Troy
19 hours ago, Evelin said:

So far it looks fine on my end, the only thing I dislike is having notification emails cut off at two rows, so I have to go to the site to read the entire post. Before I got the person's entire post as an email, which was more convenient for me.

This is due to the third-party plugin being disabled. Once the developer makes the plugin compatible, it will be enabled again. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope it won't be too much of a wait.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 2
Troy

UPDATE TWO: The site now has several color and background options with a dark and light theme. You can change these by looking for the glowing, hovering icon near the bottom-left of the site. Click it to open your color combo and background options. Once you like what you see, make sure you click the check mark to lock it for your viewing pleasure. NOTE: color themes may change as these are default and I will be improving on them, so if you see a change, just check the icon again for updated options.

1 = COLOR PALLETS
2 = LIGHT/DARK

3 = BACKGROUNDS

4 = CONFIRM

5 = RESET TO DEFAULT

PALLET.PNG

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 4
Troy

UPDATE THREE: The upgrade and bug squashing is about 99% done, so if you see or find any issues, you can report them now.

KNOWN ISSUES: I do know there are some font color issues vs background colors in some color pallet options and I will fix those. Thank you for your patience. 

BONUS: if you do not like all of these bells and whistles and customizations, you can scroll to the bottom of any page and look for the THEME menu to change to the BASIC THEME. This will reduce the site to very basic design.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 3
Connie Stansell-Foy

Hi, Troy! The new format of the site looks gorgeous! I like it a lot.

I did have one issue this morning, and I don't know if it's a bug with the site, or if I did something wrong. I posted a dream/vision I had this morning in this blog, and I went back to make sure it was there, and it isn't. It's not a big deal, I can re-create it later if I need to, just don't have time before I have to go to work this morning.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
Kasia
On 8/20/2020 at 1:04 AM, Troy said:

Thanks for your hard work on fixing everything @Troy, it looks great! And I have to say, this customizable theme is definitely working for me and my often tired from all the reading eyes. ❤️ 

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 2
petra

@Troy There is still "NO WAY" to get even something out of Databases, like Cadre & Entity mapping, you can add, yes, but the moment you click on a name, like Noam, it is saying, Sorry.....

I wish you do not loose the fun about all of this making this site even more experimental, so far I feel like going to a grocery store where they moved stuff around, but I am the one who has no clue why this had to happen, and in such moments, I can only surrender.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
Troy
31 minutes ago, petra said:

@Troy There is still "NO WAY" to get even something out of Databases, like Cadre & Entity mapping, you can add, yes, but the moment you click on a name, like Noam, it is saying, Sorry.....

I wish you do not loose the fun about all of this making this site even more experimental, so far I feel like going to a grocery store where they moved stuff around, but I am the one who has no clue why this had to happen, and in such moments, I can only surrender.

This is an issue that has been reported. I will update when it is fixed.

Most of the changes are behind the scenes or aesthetic so they should not affect your navigation that much. The reason for the upgrades is because technology and code improves and security issues get addressed and stability issues get addressed, etc. So we have to upgrade over time.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 3
Troy

UPDATE FOUR: The issue with the databases has been resolved. 

Also, I finally learned how to define the details of the various themes, so please bear with me as I tweak these over the weekend.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 2
Troy
3 hours ago, petra said:

@Troy Great Job!!!  I still miss to Edit, I saw a typo in one of my post and I cannot edit, wish I can tomorrow, thanks.

You can edit. Just click the three dots on the upper-right of any post that you can edit and there is a menu there that includes Edit.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1
Connor

I am experiencing a glitch involving the DAY/NIGHT toggle button at the bottom left of the screen.

When this toggle button is clicked, a mini-menu appears with two choices of background picture and three choices of color settings. When I exit from the menu, it disappears, but the menu's buttons don't actually go away. The menu buttons remain invisibly on the screen. It is still possible to click them even though you can't see them, and it is impossible to click anything which happens to be underneath them, resulting in a sort of permanent 'blind spot'.

Glitch.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 1
Troy
3 minutes ago, Connor said:

I am experiencing a glitch involving the DAY/NIGHT toggle button at the bottom left of the screen.

When this toggle button is clicked, a mini-menu appears with two choices of background picture and three choices of color settings. When I exit from the menu, it disappears, but the menu's buttons don't actually go away. The menu buttons remain invisibly on the screen. It is still possible to click them even though you can't see them, and it is impossible to click anything which happens to be underneath them, resulting in a sort of permanent 'blind spot'.

That's odd. I haven't experienced that. Can you tell me what browser and device so I can tell the developer?

Also, are you clicking the check mark or reset to confirm your selection?

Troy

• LIKE/LOVE 2
Connor

@Troy I am using my laptop, a Lenovo ThinkPad. Primarily I use Google Chrome, but I also tested this on Firefox and it happened there too. I have been clicking the check mark, and I have also tried the reset button, but it did not work.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
Troy
18 minutes ago, Connor said:

@Troy I am using my laptop, a Lenovo ThinkPad. Primarily I use Google Chrome, but I also tested this on Firefox and it happened there too. I have been clicking the check mark, and I have also tried the reset button, but it did not work.

I've reported it. I'll update asap when they reply.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
Kasia

@Troy, not sure this is a bug, but when searching on the site, a lot of results no longer show the search term highlighted in the text, making it really difficult to figure out if the post is related to what one is looking for. I've done a few searches, but there doesn't seem to be a pattern of which get highlighted and why. Here are two examples:

Search term: "5th IM" (several highlighted results in green, but notice the first and fourth aren't)

5th IM.png

Search term: distraction (not one highlight, even though when I checked, each post includes the search term)

distraction.png

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
Troy

@Kasia It looks like we only see a highlight for exact matches and only if those matches are in the excerpt shown. How was it before? And if I were to ask for an improvement to this, how would you describe that so I can relay it to support? (also, out of curiosity, do the search results look different in the Basic Theme? Change the theme at the bottom -- like very very bottom -- of any page to Basic Plain Theme and see if results look different).

• LIKE/LOVE 1