ALERT - SITE UPGRADE: Version 4.5

• HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy

UPDATE FIVE: The platform continues to be updated as third-party applications and plugins are updated and patches are applied. If you see the site giving errors or gateway issues, just give a bit of time. That means something is being updated. Try again in a minute or five.

KNOWN BUG: the issue with the background and color scheme issue pointed out by Connor is known and a fix is coming.

NEW FEATURE - BLOG CATEGORIES: A new feature has come to Blogs that allows you to create categories for your blog entries. This means you can create a GENERAL Category, DREAMS Category, PRIVATE SESSIONS Category, etc. Not only does this allow you to sort your personal blogs better, but it also allows others to sort through your entries based on themes, if they wish.

LOOKING FOR EDIT? Just use the three dots at the top-right of your posts to open a menu of options.

edit it.PNG

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 4
Kasia

On 8/26/2020 at 9:56 AM, Troy said:

@Kasia It looks like we only see a highlight for exact matches and only if those matches are in the excerpt shown. How was it before? And if I were to ask for an improvement to this, how would you describe that so I can relay it to support? (also, out of curiosity, do the search results look different in the Basic Theme? Change the theme at the bottom -- like very very bottom -- of any page to Basic Plain Theme and see if results look different).

I want to say the search results always showed the excerpts that contained the search term, but I honestly don't remember. All I know is that after the upgrade, I tried searching for a few things and was surprised that the terms didn't show up, which would suggest I'd gotten used to them showing up. Maybe someone else can chime in if they remember how things were. 

As for how to describe it, I'd ask support if the search function could return results that showed the excerpt containing the search term every time, regardless of where in the text it is located. The thing I'm noticing is that some search results show an excerpt as the first few lines of the post (and the search term is somewhere further down in the text, and therefore not included), and other times they return the excerpt containing the search term, even if it is further down in the text. This happens regardless of theme, and regardless of the type of post (blog, transcript, comment, etc.). Here's an example using the term "distraction" again. Results 1, 3, and 4 show an excerpt starting from the first line of the post, and don't include the search term, but result 2 starts from a few lines down, and includes the term.

COLORFUL CUSTOM THEME

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 17.19.23.png

BASIC THEME

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 17.15.44.png

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 2
  • PRIEST
Maureen

@Troy, I don't know if this is a known bug, or not. The LINK feature (URL to Text) didn't work in a comment on a member's blog entry. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
Troy

@Maureen testing out the LINK feature

I tested adding a link on comments to blogs and replies to forum threads and it seems to be working. I don't know if I'm testing what you are talking about, but I think so. See image. Are you talking about that?

LinkIssue.PNG

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • PRIEST
Maureen
1 hour ago, Troy said:

@Maureen testing out the LINK feature

I tested adding a link on comments to blogs and replies to forum threads and it seems to be working. I don't know if I'm testing what you are talking about, but I think so. See image. Are you talking about that?

LinkIssue.PNG

@Troy, yes, that's what I'm talking about. I'll test it on my comment on Petra's blog entry.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • PRIEST
Maureen
7 minutes ago, Maureen said:

@Troy, yes, that's what I'm talking about. I'll test it on my comment on Petra's blog entry.

I just tested it and it didn't work. 😢

Troy
23 minutes ago, Maureen said:

I just tested it and it didn't work. 😢

can you describe how you are using it? And on what device? Testing again in iPad... LINK — and just checking... are highlighting the text you want to link, then tap the link icon, then add url?

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • PRIEST
Maureen
5 minutes ago, Troy said:

can you describe how you are using it? And on what device? Testing again in iPad... LINK — and just checking... are highlighting the text you want to link, then tap the link icon, then add url?

I had just tested the link feature using Chrome. I had a hunch to try Microsoft Edge and, voila, it worked. This is starting to piss me off. How can a browser act like this? What's going on? Remember I had a problem with Chrome with Appointy (still do) as well.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • PRIEST
Maureen
36 minutes ago, Maureen said:

I had just tested the link feature using Chrome. I had a hunch to try Microsoft Edge and, voila, it worked. This is starting to piss me off. How can a browser act like this? What's going on? Remember I had a problem with Chrome with Appointy (still do) as well.

@Troy, I checked online and found something on Forbes. Perhaps there's something to this -- how Microsoft allows Edge to have an edge and Chrome is having problems. I don't know enough to know if there is anything to this BUT I never had a problem with this until recently... and why can I add a LINK through Edge but not through Chrome. Something is seriously screwy. 

06/19 (2020) Update: Windows and Chrome may have hit a road bump in the May 2020 update, but now both companies have found it may ultimately have a very positive long term impact: reduced memory consumption. In a new commit, Google engineers have said they are working to utilize the new 'SegmentHeap' change introduced with the May 2020 update. Microsoft discovered that SegmentHeap reduces memory usage in its Chromium-based Edge browser by as much as 27% in early tests, with Google saying it now expects similar returns. “Experiments with per-machine opting-in to the segment heap for chrome.exe suggests that this could save hundreds of MB in the browser and Network Service utility processes, among others, on some machines,” Google said. A timeline for these improvements is unclear, however, given the problems Chrome currently faces with build issues on the May 2020 update, let alone the complications described below.

In a bug report filed back in April, Google engineers confirmed multiple problems with the Windows 10 May 2020 update, then still in beta testing. Strangely, Techdows spotted the report was subsequently marked as ‘WontFix’ before later being reopened. With Microsoft stating last week that it is now accelerating the May 2020 rollout, despite no fix being found, more and more Chrome users are being affected and complaints are growing (1,2,3,4,5, etc). 

The problem here seems to be accountability. I suspect that Google initially believed the problem lay with the Windows 10 May 2020 update and waited for a Microsoft fix. But the combination of Google reopening investigations and Microsoft accelerating the update’s rollout suggests this may come down to Google. Users are also reporting that Microsoft’s Chromium-based Edge browser is unaffected, which will fuel conspiracy theorists looking to reignite the browser wars

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/06/19/google-confirms-serious-new-problems-for-chrome-users/#6411d85332af

• LIKE/LOVE 1
Luciana Flora

Today I tried several times to schedule a POF. but when i go to pay it stays forever and i don't go to the paypal page.

20200828_200738.jpg

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
Connie Stansell-Foy

@Luciana Flora wrote, "Today I tried several times to schedule a POF. but when i go to pay it stays forever and i don't go to the paypal page."

On August 11 I scheduled a Profile for my ex,, and I also never got a payment option, not even the PayPal link. I sent a message about it, but haven't received a reply. The tme scheduled isn't until the end of October, so I figured I had time to wait. This was quite a while before the site update, so I didn't think it was related. But if @Luciana Flora is also having trouble, well, I don't know what the issue would be. I'm happy to send payment through an alternate method, if needed.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
Luciana Flora

Today I tried again several times .. the same problem .. keeps on processing forever does not go to the paypal page.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
Luciana Flora

After several attempts I managed to schedule the POF.

I don't know what the problem would be .. but it is happening most of the time .. I have to try several times to be able to schedule a session

• LIKE/LOVE 1
Troy

UPDATE SIX: The platform has been updated again with a fresh patch for various fixes from behind the scenes and the bug with the background/color picker is now resolved. So far, so good!

BONUS: I know have control over editing the various color pallets so you will see some changes to the options soon. The default color combo/image (with sunny background and white/blue/orange theme) will remain, but color scheme 2 will be tweaked and the dark theme improved.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 4
Juni
On 8/28/2020 at 4:14 PM, Luciana Flora said:

Today I tried several times to schedule a POF. but when i go to pay it stays forever and i don't go to the paypal page.

20200828_200738.jpg

I had this happen also-finally went through several tries later as well

• LIKE/LOVE 1
Troy

UPDATE SEVEN: Re: Search Results Bug
We got a reply from the developers. Below is their response. Thank you, @Kasia, for bringing this to my attention!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

While this request will show as "solved" and I do not currently have an ETA for resolution of the bug, rest assured it will be addressed. You may check the release notes in each release to see if a particular issue has been addressed.

NOTE: It looks like the THEME BUG is back... bear with me.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 3
Troy

UPDATE EIGHT: The Theme Bug has a temporary fix now and will be a permanent fix with the next update. Thank you, @Connor for bringing this to my attention. Please check to ensure the fix is working.

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 3
Connor
2 hours ago, Troy said:

UPDATE EIGHT: The Theme Bug has a temporary fix now and will be a permanent fix with the next update. Thank you, @Connor for bringing this to my attention. Please check to ensure the fix is working.

WOOHOO, it works! No more invisible buttons. Thank you!

• LIKE/LOVE 1
NickG

Hey @Troy. I noticed on my smartphone, the drop down menu on the profile page for the activity screen is empty. I don't have this issue on my desktop or laptop but for some reason on my phone I do. Just wanted to let you know of the issue thanks. I'm using Google Chrome as a browser by the way too.Screenshot_20200913-105618.png

Troy
On 9/13/2020 at 10:57 AM, NickG said:

Hey @Troy. I noticed on my smartphone, the drop down menu on the profile page for the activity screen is empty. I don't have this issue on my desktop or laptop but for some reason on my phone I do. Just wanted to let you know of the issue thanks. I'm using Google Chrome as a browser by the way too.

That's a theme color issue. The menu is there, but you can't see it. I am still tweaking the color themes, so thank you for bringing that to my attention!

• THANK YOU! 1