Young Souls Join the Fight For Justice

CurvyWords

IDK whether to scream in shock or appreciate that at least they're trying but it's been fascinating seeing what Young Soul values mixed into Mature Soul values of justice is doing when it comes to the case of Breonna Taylor, a black woman who was shot several times while she slept when the police burst into her apartment unannounced on faulty information searching for a drug dealer who didn't even live there. While George Floyd seemed to spark a national uprising, Breonna's story has gained similar traction, except it's been mostly filtered through Young Soul culture to produce something truly disturbing. Her name has become a meme, shared through Tik Tok videos and viral tweets and even merch!

image.png

image.png

The last effort has been something called BreonnaCon, 

My personal opinions on this are varied, I think it's tacky and the thread criticizing it makes sense, but I also know that we have a lot more of this to look forward to as more and more Young Souls come on board to make their contribution to activism and collective causes. The corporatization, monetizing, and marketing of black death is somewhat sad to see, but a small part of me knows that this is sort of just what it looks when "everyone starts caring". 

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
Sam K

It reminds me of a child writing you a nice note... on your wall... in permanent marker... in huge letters. Like, their heart was probably in the right place, but damn.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 2