[edit: see updated post] BIG NEWS: The first ONLINE TLE GREAT GATHERING 2020

Timothy J Sullivan

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to it. I participated in "retreat" on Zoom with 1300 participants in early August, using breakout rooms for small groups doing exercises and discussion. This Discord sounds even better!!

• LIKE/LOVE 9
petra

YAY @Troy WOW a global TLEGG, I truly like "ALL" of your suggestions mentioned above. Thanks, to all the peoples volunteering in advance, to make this Event an unforgettable Memory!!!

I will not throw away all my old equipment to accommodate this wonderful event, just cannot have that on my pillow.

So, HEY You guys have a Great TLEEG 2020 together!!!

I am eager though, to hear some stories afterwards.

Thank You Troy for doing this, it will be a blast!

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
4 hours ago, petra said:

I will not throw away all my old equipment to accommodate this wonderful event, just cannot have that on my pillow.

I don't understand this sentence. What would you have to throw away? If you participate on TLE, you can pretty much participate in TLEGG.  A lot of it will be just chatting. And if you can watch youtube videos, you can watch the live stream. So you don't really need to do anything special other than join Discord. I want to make sure you know that this is not a super high tech event. It's just using stuff that we already use, in a new way!

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1
Kathryn41

Bravo, Troy!  This sounds exciting!  I have wanted to attend the in person event but haven't been able to yet so am looking forward to participating in this on line event!  Thank you!  

• LIKE/LOVE 10
Miizle

This sounds great!! Should be fun and what a blessing this technological age (relatively speaking) is, that something like this can be possible!

People who are doing social distanced gatherings, please share your input on what works and what does not in your experience, so it can all be streamlined and focused on content and enjoyment when the time comes! @Timothy J Sullivan, if there was anything you found was not working in your retreat for example, etc.
I can't really help here myself as i'm not really using zoom or face chats more than any other time (so not much at all), all i can say is obvious things that should not be a problem here, like background noise and such which is always a problem when we try to have Skype christmas and such with family all over the place - people having a real party and an online party at the same time does not work at all.

Perhaps this is a standard and pointless to say, i have no idea, but maybe for some chat rooms, like if you want to make a dance party or otherwise a more party atmosphere, there could be a music stream that can be activated and everyone can listen to the same stream on their headphones (so it doesn't feed back/create background noise), but also turn it off or just quiet so can chat as well at the same time. So a separate volume control to the voice chat.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
Jeroen

This is exciting Troy. I love the idea of having a TLEGG virtually. I just need to see if I can find a quiet place to attend from. I would like to attend TLEGG 2021 at Lifebridge too depending on how things look next year.

Edited by Jeroen
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
Merlyn

this is exciting news Troy!! Normally I'd never be able to attend in person but virtual is way more accessible. ❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
On 8/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Miizle said:

Perhaps this is a standard and pointless to say, i have no idea, but maybe for some chat rooms, like if you want to make a dance party or otherwise a more party atmosphere, there could be a music stream that can be activated and everyone can listen to the same stream on their headphones (so it doesn't feed back/create background noise), but also turn it off or just quiet so can chat as well at the same time. So a separate volume control to the voice chat.

Oh yeah, there are set ups that sync music for everyone and no audio is overlapping. Communication is through typing, not voice, so that minimizes the interferences. The rest is all music, dance, silliness, and smiles.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • 3 weeks later...

Very excited for this!! I’ve never been to one so I’m grateful for it to be virtual this year ❤️❤️

I’ve been thinking about how so many people are having a hard time envisioning what life can be like in a Mature Soul world beyond all of the unrest and pandemic ickiness. It seems to be causing a lot of people despair or anxiety because it’s hard to imagine what life will be like since everyone knows/feels/senses there is no going “back to normal” after this year. Might it be possible to have a session with Michael where they paint a picture of what an early Mature Soul world looks like? What daily life is like, what everyday systems and institutions like news media/social media/governments both local and national/medicine/education, relationships with each other, international relations, gender dynamics, sexuality, art and creativity etc etc look like in this new world that we’re ushering in? 

Edited by avi
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
ClaireC

@aviMichael has said that it would take about 30 years for the new paradigm to take effect.  I'm afraid it's going to be extra slow now with the complications of Covid combined with the damage being caused by the death throes of the Young system fighting the changes.

We as a group could word our question to Michael to take all this into account.   That would make a very interesting session.  Good suggestion!

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • Troy changed the title to [edit: see updated post] BIG NEWS: The first ONLINE TLE GREAT GATHERING 2020
  • Troy unfeatured this topic