Haptonomy and Aura-Soma

petra

I want to share with the community the concept of Haptonomy and Aura-Soma.

Some of you know that I studied western medicine and Homeopathy and practiced them for decades, in time I had to add some more, like the two mentioned above and applied them too, kind of altogether widening the scope, alongside with Phytio , Aroma and Color therapy.

I am not an advocate of any or one of them, what I want to convey though, is that an acute observer and knowledgeable person, in combining all or some of them, is in my experience, much more equipped in being helpful, for those who need help, and/ or looking for an alternative route, and there are many. For me it is "This and That" because of our uniqueness, there are a lot of different ways to heal. Whatever does it, does it, so with this I want to introduce you to yet another way to heal, that to my knowledge is not known much in the US.

I would have liked to link you to more websites and such, but my skills in doing so and no teacher around, are what they are, I trust if anyone has an interest they will find their way to dig deeper into the subject.

I studied with Frans Veldman in Amsterdam.

http://www.haptonomy.org/va/cirdh/origin.html

Excerpt of an article by the french Haptonom Dolto:

Haptonomy is a social science, defined by its Dutch founder, Frans Veldman, as the science of affectivity. It is a phenomenological and empirical science that implies psycho-tactile contact. It is based on very specific phenomena that can be reproduced and the effects of which, have to be experienced to be truly grasped. A tool like language cannot really be used to describe a tactile experience. Haptonomy cannot truly be grasped until experienced. Today, therefore, I can only try to explain the possibilities of this post-Freudian approach that distinguishes itself from psychoanalysis in its theory and practice.

When the questions of human development and its flaws are considered, the concept of basic security, essential in haptonomy, occupies a central place. It underlies the question of identity as it evolves throughout a person’s life. In this respect basic security is a fascinating concept for psychotherapists and educators alike, because it allows consideration of what could be called a prophylaxis of development problems.

Haptonomy grew out of Frans Veldman’s experiences during World War II. Confronted with the most extreme forms of human experience at that time, Frans Veldman was able to measure the importance of Affectivity and the effects of psycho-tactile contact in human relationships. He decided to dedicate his life to understanding these phenomena and studying how they could be applied in the larger contexts of health and education. He likes to define himself as a researcher in the life sciences. He continues to work on research and development of haptonomy in southern France where he now lives. He also teaches and manages the centre that he established.

‘Hapto’, in Greek, signifies: I enter into contact, I harmonize, I unite, I establish a relation, I make contact in order to make healthy, care for and heal. ‘Nomos’ means law, rule or norm. ‘Haptonomy’ is a global approach towards the human being at all ages of life.

Haptonomy dares to state that its aim is human happiness. It reveals how affectivity shapes the human being in its being and essence throughout life.

Its phenomena reveals that affectivity is actually the third forgotten or even excluded term in the body-psyche dichotomy we have been using for centuries. It enables us to begin with the following acknowledgment: at each moment every event experienced by a human being is affective, psychological and cognitive all at the same time, as well as being related to the joints, the ligaments, the vascular system and hormones. It implies a relation to the external world around the person who lives this experience. It is a holistic occurrence. It is in this global way that haptonomy is situated. This is why it is not a bodily practice, although all too often characterized as such. This totality is what makes it difficult to grasp and understand unless accompanied by shared experience. To my mind, it represents a unique theoretical and clinical response to the questions raised by all issues grouped under the term psychosomatic.

Clinical experience confirms the postulates that result from this phenomenon, eg: the fact that there are conscious and unconscious memories of great importance within our bodily experience. They influence our lives one way or another. We have available to us an unconscious knowledge (which is not the same thing as the unconscious in the Freudian sense) that appears at the right moment or not."

Based on haptonomical phenomena, one can practice hapto-psychotherapy, hapto-analysis, accompany people handicapped from birth or adults who suddenly have to live with a handicap. Those in state of coma or the dying can also be helped. Haptonomy’s most well known application is the accompaniment at birth and the first years of life, which is what I will speak about today.

My remarks are based on clinical experience of all the dimensions of haptonomy that I discovered 22 years ago, just after passing my medical thesis. I had just completed a long personal psychoanalysis and had worked with my mother Françoise Dolto*. This is when I discovered the bridges that could be established between Françoise Dolto’s and Frans Veldman’s thoughts.

Haptonomy postulates and proves that affective confirmation, the sentiment of security, shared tenderness, a lived experience of happiness, sensorial discoveries are indispensable to developing the potentialities that germinate in every human being. Without this very early education of feelings and the importance of reciprocity in an affective relationship, mental cognitive development can have perverse effects, i.e., an intelligence that can unfold without ethics, without an internal sense of self, without judgment. Then Effectiveness dominates Affectivity. Without an affective confirmation that implies tactile contact, there is a great risk that natural aggressiveness necessary for survival will go astray, ending in violence and aggression. What we see daily in our western societies can only give us cause for concern. In addition to the dangers to which they expose our world, the massacre of the intelligences and creative capacities in our children, pushed to despair, can only be deplored.

I should probably clarify that this pre- and post-natal pregnancy accompaniment is at the antipodes of everything done in prenatal education, especially in the United States, that is aimed at developing the future child’s intellect and cognitive capacities. For us, these practices are ridiculous and shocking. Nor should haptonomy serve as an argument for those who refuse the right to abortion. This act, always dramatic, must remain the free and total responsibility of the mother or the parents, helped in this decision by the medical and paramedical corps.

Next, beloved Vicky Wall and Aura-Soma, I decided to just go with images, her story is as amazing, as her, for the lack of a better term, healing products.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Vicky+Wall+Aura-Soma&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjRhuzMms7rAhXlCTQIHVDNBVQQ_AUoAnoECB8QBA&biw=1908&bih=904

Thank You, there is always a way!

Edited by petra
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 4
Ingun

@petra thank you for bringing attention to this. I love love love Aura-Soma products.

I look forward to read about Haptonomy later, this is something new to me. Yay!

I had a few products some years back, but it's been a while now since I can't get them in my country any longer, so this is a good reminder to try buy it from another country. The colors are so beautiful and inspiring, the smells are heavenly and so unique. I just want to soak myself in them, lol. Think about this; if any color had a smell and you could smell it.... Well this is it. Or just play with it and get tuned into that. The smells do not feel invading as generally many smelling products do. And I'm a bit sensitive in that way. The Aura-Soma products are like the essence of essences. I recommend anyone to get your hands on it if wonderful smells intriques you and lifts you, heals you and balances you - or at least smell the products if you have a chance to see them where you live or go. One is recommended to choose the bottles intuitively by smelling, and that works for me, but I say also trust your own internal color guidance and what inspires you.

On these Australian pages you can see all the Equilibrium bottles

The upper fraction and lower fraction of the bottles represents different things, which one can read about under each bottle image. And I like to say that the colors are crystal clear and even more beautiful in real life.

Here are the Quintessences and Pomanders

I still remember the smells, especially the Gold Pomander. But I can't remember any of the Equilibrium bottles I had.

These are so beautiful I want to eat them. 🙂There are also other products too on the website which I have not tried yet.

Some other links I found:

https://www.aura-soma.com/products

https://www.aura-soma.com/practitioners (search for practitioners in your own country)

https://www.11essence.co.uk/shop/

https://www.northamerica-aurasoma.com/

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 5
petra

What an enthusiastic and inspiring comment @Ingun about Auro-Soma and Vicky Wall! Thank you for taking the time also, to more links.

You made me laugh with "I want to eat them" Vicky would say, do it, if that is what comes up in your mind!

I still have my first bottle getting around 30 years or more, this stuff goes forever. I love to stare at them, just to look at the blue one calms me down, and yes those subtle aromas, I spray the air conditioner all around and on me, love Serapis Bey.

Happy investigating about Haptonomy!

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
Miizle

Thanks for the info, i have no capacity to absorb Haptonomy right now, but took a look at Aura-Soma. When i was younger i saw some in new age shops, but kind of disregarded it.
I have been very drawn to light pink for several years now. I have always loved mint and light green and am drawn to them now as well, so there's definitely a theme there, chakra-wise.... I looked through the images of the bottles in Ingun's link, chose a few for closer inspection and when opened up in a separate window, actually reacted quite strongly to.... surprise....

image.png

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • LOL 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
Ingun

I read that Frans Veldman, the founder of Haptonomy, died in 2010, so the information up there is probably older. He was 89 at the time.

Here are some pages about Haptonomy that might also be valid:

Academy for Haptonomy:  https://www.haptonomie.nl/

Scientific Institute of Haptonomy:  http://www.haptonomie.com/_en/

International Center for Research and Development of Haptonomy:  https://www.haptonomie.org/en/

International Journals of Haptonomy and Haptotherapy: https://ijhh.org/publications/

• LIKE/LOVE 3
Rosario

oh my...COLORS...AND ...SMELLS....!!! 😍

*implodes in a colorsoul orgasm*

LOL

thank you petra and Ingun, so glad I'm finding this at this perfect time!!

as a recovering anosmic, this inspires me to keep exploring new smells and essential oils...

I wish they sold Aura Soma here so I can try them in person...but yes, maybe I could just intuitively purchase one 

COLORS MAKE ME SOOOO HAPPY!! haha

• LIKE/LOVE 8
Miizle

@Katja, I just read your 9 pillars, and this thread came to mind (Aura-Soma especially), since your True Study is Effects of Color; Color Combinations; Healing Techniques!!! Are you familiar with Aura-Soma or some other colour healing stuff, your true study is awesome.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
23 hours ago, Miizle said:

@Katja, I just read your 9 pillars, and this thread came to mind (Aura-Soma especially), since your True Study is Effects of Color; Color Combinations; Healing Techniques!!! Are you familiar with Aura-Soma or some other colour healing stuff, your true study is awesome.

It is first time I hear about Aura-Soma, and it's somehow mind-blowing! These colours are really appealing. I already found out that there are aura-soma therapists in Finland as well. To be honest, I was quite surprised about my True Study. I have given energy healing several years, but never studied healing techniques seriously. I only found that energy flows through my hands. Colours have always been fascinating for me, I like to wear colourful clothes and painting is almost therapy always. I also have synesthesia, I hear music as colours. I could have gone to the fine arts line in high school, but there was a lot of pressure on music in my home. Of course, I loved and still love music too. 

Thank you, @petra, for this topic and links! I will learn more about these things. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7
petra

WOW @Katja You hear music as colors, yay, I so love such stuff, cause the broader our spectrum, in this case the color spectrum, the more choices are available for us, to indulge in! Artisans seem to be amazing with synesthesia, like Christina who can taste names, when she told Kasia, that her name tastes like pancakes.

What a gift You have Katja, enjoy and indulge!!!

• LIKE/LOVE 6
Miizle

@Katja Keep us updated if you decide to delve deeper into Aura-Soma or some other colour therapy! Very exciting given your interests and your gifts!

• LIKE/LOVE 3