Our Takeaways from this Teaching

Zahra

I changed my belief on two things. 

One was that our choices matter more than I thought. Same as you said. 

The second was that there's no divinity. Or a hierarchy to sentience.

My father was the one who gave me this idea. Which he got from religion.

Like the idea that Muhammad is the first soul to be created and that he's more important and divine than the rest. I considered it at the time but not anymore. 

Because when my dad adds reincarnation to this idea, then his dreams about other people's past life makes him see them in another way. 

"Hey I saw that you were holy Mary in a previous life in my dream... interesting :)"

"You know we are special souls right?" 

But now I think even if we were, it doesn't matter. We're on the same boat as everybody else. We're all special 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 1
petra

@ckaricai  "GREAT" contemplation and sharing, thank You for the invitation!!!

I had to run this for awhile through my mind, I ditto what you shared above for myself.

Another Takeaway from the Michael Teachings for me,  is the providing of structures for perceiving reality as a living, evolving system in a way that is not dogmatic, helping to love ourselves into life, understanding others and the world with tools provided, and still not telling us how.

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • PRIEST
Maureen
3 hours ago, Zahra said:

Unique is a better word for it 👍🏻 thanks @Bobby

@Zahra, Bobby is alluding to this workshop where we discussed the differences between being special vs unique.   OMW - Nov 6, 2010 - Special vs Unique💞

We will define SPECIAL as "being dependent upon external feedback for one's sense of identity, importance, and/or purpose."

We will define UNIQUE as "that which is already truthful, loving, and beautiful about you that is independent of everything, even you."

Specialness is almost always dependent upon dishonesty, conditions, and manipulation.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 2
  • PRIEST
Maureen

@Cari, I used to have a sense that if someone was a student or a channel of Michael that they would also have a sense of "right vs wrong", "good vs bad", etc., or at least see the/a pathway that would be very clear to them of how to get there -- but I saw a few glaring examples of where this wasn't true. This confused me so I asked Michael about it in a 10 Questions session on January 11, 2017. Here's the Q&A:

Maureen:  I know of some Michael Students who not only passively and naively support Trump (as in leave it up to “The Universe”) they also voted for him and seem quite sure and even fervent about their choice. I know all is choice but it seems so incongruent to me that anyone could be a Michael Student, or claim to be a Michael Channel, and could support Trump or his administration in any way, shape, or form. How can anyone who is seeking to learn about the expansiveness and inclusiveness of Truth, Love and Energy vote for or support someone who is and will potentially harm so many people? Your comments please.

MEntity:  We have students who have beaten their children. We have students who have stolen. We have students who harm animals. We have students who have exploited and manipulated. We have students who lie and deceive. We have students who can compartmentalize as a personal means of defense or need that is a priority over compassion.

MEntity:  Being a student means exactly that: they are students. They are learning.

MEntity:  Some of you learn faster than others, or learn different things at different times. There will always be a "better" student and a struggling student.

MEntity:  There will always be some blind spot or evaded topic that a student's Personality prefers not to evolve or touch because this would threaten their world of convenience, sanctuary, familiarity, bonding, etc.

MEntity:  If we were to refer to our students as students only when they are comprehending our teaching, we would have few to no students.

Maureen:  🙂

MEntity:  To respond more directly to your question, however, this is a matter of selective reality.

MEntity:  We could say that it is selective reception, but in many cases nothing is received. This is not entirely unfamiliar to many of our students in various ways. A reality is constructed to avoid the topic or considerations that are too distracting, too inconvenient, too contrary to local social or intimate climate, etc.

MEntity:  There will always be students who find a way to contradict or counter basic elements of our teaching despite the apparent study and dedication because there will always be students who have parts of themselves prioritizing preservation over evolution.

MEntity:  We are not excusing the power of choice as it affects others in a lifetime. When the consequences of a student's self-preservation have impact well beyond the personal circle of reality, it is fair and healthy for other students to respond to this in ways that are as loving as possible, but also as clear as possible in establishing the boundaries that may be violated.

MEntity:  Love does not ignore reality.

MEntity:  By "reality" here we mean that which is the more inclusive common ground over the less inclusive.

MEntity:  In other words, when you know someone has ignored your reality as a means to shore up and preserve their own, Love does not simply "look the other way," but works to include even those who ignore your reality, while making it clear that you do not disappear because someone ignores your reality.

Maureen:  As you have said... Peace isn't always pretty and it's often messy.  🙂

MEntity:  For our students who know there is contradiction and countering of our teaching in effect from another student, we can only suggest that you put into effect what YOU have learned. This can be one of the most surprising moments for a student because you may find that you are still learning, as well, and this is just another opportunity to practice the arts of Truth, Love, and Beauty.

MEntity:  We can say more on this subject, of course, but we must conclude here for tonight. Good evening to each of you. Goodbye.

Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.  🕉️

Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.  [Chinese Proverb].jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 19
  • THANK YOU! 2
Jeroen

@ckaricai All that you shared resonates with me too.

I would add learning to be kinder to ourselves including our physical body, that our physical body loves us and is its own living entity, that we are each a unique consciousness but part of the greater wholeness too, that my journey through my lifetimes in this cycle is entirely by my own choice and not something that an external force designed and controls on my behalf, that imagination is our most powerful tool that we have available in life, that each of us is vaster than we can imagine but that the vastness does not take away value from who we are now in this life and in this moment, and that action (moving center) is as important as the emotional and intellectual elements to fulfilling desires in life. I am certain there are other things too that I am not thinking of at the moment.

• LIKE/LOVE 19
  • THANK YOU! 1
KurtisM

I'd say I've learned a few things:

1. How to handle my existential dread I've dealt with since 2009.

Terror is a part of an Old Soul's growth, which means it's built into the dynamics of the Universe and just as natural as any other part. Like the Chief Features and what they fear, Terror is not to be feared, it's just a part of life.

2. The power of choice. Duh.

I focus on my self-responsibility foremost now. I've also realized responsibility is not a weight, it's just response-ability.

Through this I have found freedom in my life, because I remember I am the creator of it. This means I'm not locked into any one idea or trajectory, I get to choose what matters most to me.

It's why I started my 4th IM early.

3. More specific to my interactions on TLE is that I've better learned how to handle miscommunications and misinterpretations and falling short of ideals.

I've learned to always keep an open mind through any painful, debilitating experiences; and that my curiosity is not permanent, I have to regularly sustain it by taking care of myself and supporting myself.

These are some things.

• LIKE/LOVE 19
Sam K

When I think about it, not much has changed about my fundamental positions.  Much detail has been filled in, though, especially as regards the nature and progression of the self across lives.

Michael teaches from a perspective that, while not contradictory to my own, is still different enough to add depth and lead me to challenge things I might not otherwise.  It's a bit like learning a foreign language.  For context, my "native tongue" would be more along the lines of Seth's teaching.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
ckaricai
8 hours ago, Zahra said:

I changed my belief on two things. 

One was that our choices matter more than I thought. Same as you said. 

The second was that there's no divinity. Or a hierarchy to sentience.

My father was the one who gave me this idea. Which he got from religion.

Like the idea that Muhammad is the first soul to be created and that he's more important and divine than the rest. I considered it at the time but not anymore. 

Because when my dad adds reincarnation to this idea, then his dreams about other people's past life makes him see them in another way. 

"Hey I saw that you were holy Mary in a previous life in my dream... interesting :)"

"You know we are special souls right?" 

But now I think even if we were, it doesn't matter. We're on the same boat as everybody else. We're all special 🙂

I agree about how being special is irrelevant. I gotta admit tho, I absorbed that from Rick and Morty. In a universe of infinite choices nothing we do is special because we will probably do everything anyway. The universe doesn’t give a shit either way. That would mean too that the divine isn’t special either and the universe couldn’t care less about gods. 

• LIKE/LOVE 12
ckaricai

I love everyone’s shares. It’s interesting that some of us have come to such similar conclusions. I’d have thought there’d be many more differences but I’m not sure why I’d think that.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
AnnaD

@ckaricai you said "I now feel like organized chaos describes our universe, our world, our lives more than anything and that’s okay. It makes the most sense to me somehow. Thinking that randomness has more power over our lives than fate makes the choices we make seem more significant somehow. Somehow that’s all really comforting to me. No one controls anything, everyone controls something. " Yes, this. This is comforting to me too.

I am always pleasantly surprised when I learn that people are a lot more innocent than I would ever give them credit it for. I tend to suspect the worst of people (that is a protective strategy also my honorary cynicism just goes to this conclusion as a default because there is plenty of evidence for this position), so when I learn that people aren't as bad as I had judged them to be, I am relieved and given some confidence. I find it hard to see innocence in people, so whenever I can, I am grateful for the hint and example. That there is more complexity, forgiveness and compassion in this universe than I give it credit for. More creativity and resourcefulness too. I am fairly non love and light, so being given keys to innocence, levity, humour and compassion is what this teaching draws me in with. There is more than I suspect so it keeps me curious. For instance, @Connor's explorations into the fringe is incredible, that is (for me) very Star Trek(ian) (and I am quite Arthur Dent about these sorts of things, nonetheless it is like Narnia that just keeps expanding). These things have a large awe factor for me.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 2
Evelin

1. Perspective AKA the big picture, and it’s getting bigger, still. Grand Cycles, Designs, stacked Universes, Timelines!

2. Structure AND fluidity. Knowing the parts I’m made of, and also knowing I can transcend their limitations and get out of my own way to grow beyond them. Knowing what I fear and why, and also knowing I don’t have to be ruled by the fears nor the past.

3. Community. Big time. For a good 20 years now. And I grew up in a family of Entity mates, so that’s saying something!

4. The comforting inner sense nothing and no-one is ever truly lost.

5. Always having something meaningful to read and/or comment on when I can’t sleep! (Past 3 AM here and thank you for asking this, Cary.)

Edited by Evelin
  • LIKE/LOVE 19
  • THANK YOU! 1
Sam K
1 hour ago, ckaricai said:

I agree about how being special is irrelevant. I gotta admit tho, I absorbed that from Rick and Morty. In a universe of infinite choices nothing we do is special because we will probably do everything anyway. The universe doesn’t give a shit either way. That would mean too that the divine isn’t special either and the universe couldn’t care less about gods. 

For what it's worth, I take almost the exact opposite approach.  Every being, every moment, every atom of reality is incomprehensibly special.  Every choice in every timeline matters, and ALL of this is endlessly fascinating to the universe.  I see God in all that is and all that is in God.  Every god exists because they are formed within the minds of beings who themselves are divine.

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
Connie Stansell-Foy

When I learned about this teaching, it was more a clarification of things I already knew than a new idea to me. That's not to say that I knew all of it (I certainly still don't), but just that it felt right, that it confirmed and put into words things I could never have expressed. I drifted a bit, away and then back, always finding comfort in re-reading the Yarbro books, amused at how once I was aware of the Teachings, Biblical scripture began to mean something more, something different, something frequently beautiful. The Teachings themselves are beautiful, and I find myself at peace with myself in a way that I never have been before, not as far back as I can remember.

There is so much more to learn and try to comprehend! Finding TLE has been wonderful. You've all asked many of the questions I want to ask. You help me refine those I want to ask. And then there's @Troy. Thank you, Entity-mate, for agreeing to channel for Michael this lifetime. I'm so glad I found you and all of TLE!

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 3
Bogi

Like everyone, I am on a learning curve, so I cannot give a definite and finite answer to this question, only a temporary one that is true right now.

1. The "God" concept

Although I kinda dealt with my own god concept during my teen years, when it switched from being god as an external entity into something more internal and inclusive, like god is nature, and I am part of it.

Still, part of growing up is to accept that you have no boss, who will tell you what to do. 

You are your own boss. 

Sometimes it is difficult to accept this.

I understand when people rather want some higher force to tell them, what is right, what is wrong, and how they should live their lives.

Being your own boss can be empowering, but can also be a "lonely" existence.

When I came into contact with Michael, my old habitude kicked in, and started thinking of the Michaels as some higher forces.

Now I understand that they are like us, they are "just" ahead of us in terms of evolution.

So, I get when they say, "we are not your gods, we are your friends."

2. Choice

It is both daunting and empowering to realize that I am in the driver seat. (F.ck! What should I do?)

I embrace the concept of choice because it gives you the freedom that you actually have. The freedom that many people try to take away from each other. It is crazy. 

The daunting part is that choices have consequences. When you make a choice, you have to mean it with your full heart, otherwise you will regret it.  I find this part daunting because it makes me accutely aware of my own responsability. 

3. Looking into a truthful mirror

I trust Michaels opinion. I trust Troys and Nicks channeling abilities. Even if I have to do my own validation, I still trust that the reflection and advice that I get is at the core truthful. I know that I get good advices that I can build upon.

4. This community

Sometimes I imagine my life without this community.

I just cannot imagine it. 

It does not mean that I am always interested in everything, or that I always agree with everyone.

But I am grateful for this possibility to have something so unique in my life.

My life would be not the same without this community.

Just a few points, but the list goes on and on, of course.

• LIKE/LOVE 22
  • THANK YOU! 1
Connie Stansell-Foy
7 hours ago, Bogi said:

Advice from a Scholar:

When in doubt, just open an Excel sheet. 🙂

@Bogi, I just noticed your signature line and laaaaughed. That's exactly what I just did this morning.

My job is going away. I sat down with a spreadsheet and some numbers from Social Security this morning and determined that my best course of action is to go ahead and retire. There's no way to make up the difference in income by waiting.

Don't anyone be sad for me! I'm quite happy with this outcome. Sure, I had planned to work until next July, but that doesn't mean I wanted to!

Edited by Connie Stansell-Foy
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
Bogi
16 minutes ago, Connie Stansell-Foy said:

@Bogi, I just noticed your signature line and laaaaughed. That's exactly what I just did this morning.

My job is going away. I sat down with a spreadsheet and some numbers from Social Security this morning and determined that my best course of action is to go ahead and retire. There's no way to make up the difference in income by waiting.

Don't anyone be sad for me! I'm quite happy with this outcome. Sure, I had planned to work until next July, but that doesn't mean I wanted to!

@Connie Stansell-Foy

My mother went into pension last fall, and she is counting her lucky stars that she got out just at the last minute (she worked as a teacher).

She is very happy and relaxed. After 42 years, I think she deserves her break and rest.

Just as you do.

Enjoy your retirement, live long and prosper. 🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 11
ckaricai

@Bogi Thanks for pointing out the transient (is that the right word?) nature of a teaching. 🙏 A few years from now I might have different viewpoints and new takeaways. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10
Becca the Student

I love this thread. I pretty much agree with everything stated here! I think the biggest thing I've learned in this lifetime so far is understanding how much every person and everything we do matters. Also that everything is energy, and ultimately, in the end, everything continues. And that we are so much less alone than we believe ourselves to be. Those last two have helped a lot with my anxiety. XD

I don't know, everything seems a lot more manageable and empowering with these teachings. 

Edited by Becca the Student
  • LIKE/LOVE 14
Connie Stansell-Foy
3 hours ago, Becca the Student said:

I don't know, everything seems a lot more manageable and empowering with these teachings. 

^^ THIS ^^

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1
Luciana Flora

I've been thinking about what I could put here.

And I think at the moment the most important thing that I’m still learning is to separate my voice from the voice of other people.

I remember that I found it totally absurd when Michael said that my true voice was encouraging. I just couldn't hear that voice inside me ... it was like it didn't exist.

I only heard voices of insecurity that told me how incapable I was.

But I have noticed something. It seems to me that all those discouraging voices that I hear so often were the same things that my mother (mainly) used to say about me.

It turns out that over time I didn't need her to talk to me anymore the voice started to appear alone.

That day that I went to the mall to buy clothes was one day that I got to hear that encouraging voice. and I realized that yes this voice exists although sometimes I have difficulty accessing it.

So that was why this day was my turning point and not because I went to the mall itself.

• LIKE/LOVE 16