Our Takeaways from this Teaching

SharvariJ

The biggest takeaway I've had from TLE is the community itself. Nothing and no one has made me feel more like I belong than the lovely people of TLE. You've stood by me through my best and worst moments. I've shared secrets here that my closest friends don't know. I've felt completely safe here, and that's saying a fucking lot.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 7
ckaricai

@Luciana Flora Not gonna lie. I get incredibly frustrated by and angry of your lack of confidence. There’s no real reason for it, but I appreciate that you feel comfortable enough to share your journey with everyone here. I’m sure that can’t have been easy for you to do and I hope you continue to move towards gaining more confidence in yourself. 

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
22 hours ago, ckaricai said:

There’s no real reason for it,....

I’ve been thinking about this kind of thing a lot, especially with discussions of privilege being so important in order to break out of our blind spots about why some people struggle in the basics of life while others take it all for granted. This kind of stuff is easy to explore when we only look at it mostly in physical and tangible terms. But there are dimensions of our experiences and wounding in life that go wayyy beyond the tangible and reasonable. It’s easy to see a hierarchy of struggles when it comes to dealing with the physical world, and I think it’s fair to compare and contrast that stuff as a way to keep perspective, but the worlds of our mind and heart aren’t so obvious.

My motto these days is to choose compassion over comparison in just about any instance where I’m frustrated with someone else’s struggles.

Comparison is fine in physical or even social challenges, but we can’t apply it to the head and heart. The use of comparison of our hearts and minds is an outdated young soul tool that puts us at odds with others as we decide for them if their problems are real or not, or if their reasons are good enough or if they exist at all.

Comparisons make us tell others where they should be.
Compassion just meets a person where they are.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 6
michael_k
On 10/11/2020 at 1:38 AM, ckaricai said:

@Luciana Flora Not gonna lie. I get incredibly frustrated by and angry of your lack of confidence. There’s no real reason for it, but I appreciate that you feel comfortable enough to share your journey with everyone here. I’m sure that can’t have been easy for you to do and I hope you continue to move towards gaining more confidence in yourself. 

Interesting you say that because @Luciana Flora's sharing of her stories has actually inspired a LOT of confidence in me to not feel quiet shame about my own problems. One of the reasons why I suffered so much in the past is due to being too scared to speak out about how I felt for fear of the reactions of others, I thought they'd either laugh at me, put me down or make me feel like a fool, and that fear was so extreme I often wouldn't even give myself recognition for my own hurt, I thought they must be right to think what they did because I didn't know any different, and maybe I really was wrong to feel how I did. I'd keep mentally hearing all the shit I thought everyone else would say, until I began realising that what they think doesn't matter. If they want to be cruel, they'll be cruel, and I should just focus on building my own confidence and support networks and take my focus away from them and strengthen myself. It was difficult to do that without being exposed to a good example of a person who speaks about their life without the fear that I had.

Edited by michael_k
  • LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 7
ckaricai
1 hour ago, Troy said:

I’ve been thinking about this kind of thing a lot, especially with discussions of privilege being so important in order to break out of our blind spots about why some people struggle in the basics of life while others take it all for granted. This kind of stuff is easy to explore when we only look at it mostly in physical and tangible terms. But there are dimensions of our experiences and wounding in life that go wayyy beyond the tangible and reasonable. It’s easy to see a hierarchy of struggles when it comes to dealing with the physical world, and I think it’s fair to compare and contrast that stuff as a way to keep perspective, but the worlds of our mind and heart aren’t so obvious.

My motto these days is to choose compassion over comparison in just about any instance where I’m frustrated with someone else’s struggles.

Comparison is fine in physical or even social challenges, but we can’t apply it to the head and heart. The use of comparison of our hearts and minds is an outdated young soul tool that puts us at odds with others as we decide for them if their problems are real or not, or if their reasons are good enough or if they exist at all.

Comparisons make us tell others where they should be.
Compassion just meets a person where they are.

Our minds and hearts exist in the physical world. Suffocating social expectations can become internalized, which is all the more reason to fight those beliefs. There will never be a good reason to believe you don’t have as much value as anyone else. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1
2 hours ago, ckaricai said:

There will never be a good reason to believe you don’t have as much value as anyone else. 

"Takeaways" is sort of a misnomer maybe in my own case since it's been my worldview since I was 17 or 18 --  you can't "take away" anything from that, you can't take that away from me lol.  But anyway one of the biggest "takeaways" since engaging with Troy & TLE has been the difference between the "map" and the "territory."  Some things, my friend @ckaricai, are sure easier said than done, aren't they? That's also been my biggest "pushback" on M too, ever since I first met the channel I've been working with continuously since I was a teenager. Easy for you to say, I've always told them, you all split the scene.  This always gets a laugh -- from the channel at least. 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • LOL 1
Luciana Flora
4 hours ago, michael_k said:

Interesting you say that because @Luciana Flora's sharing of her stories has actually inspired a LOT of confidence in me to not feel quiet shame about my own problems. One of the reasons why I suffered so much in the past is due to being too scared to speak out about how I felt for fear of the reactions of others, I thought they'd either laugh at me, put me down or make me feel like a fool, and that fear was so extreme I often wouldn't even give myself recognition for my own hurt, I thought they must be right to think what they did because I didn't know any different, and maybe I really was wrong to feel how I did. I'd keep mentally hearing all the shit I thought everyone else would say, until I began realising that what they think doesn't matter. If they want to be cruel, they'll be cruel, and I should just focus on building my own confidence and support networks and take my focus away from them and strengthen myself. It was difficult to do that without being exposed to a good example of a person who speaks about their life without the fear that I had.

This surprises me quite a bit. In fact I count on my fingers the times someone said that something that I did inspired me to do anything.

Most of the time what I think is that people will get tired of hearing my stories come.

My stress and insecurity have always been very visible ... and I always had the impression that people see this insecurety  th even if I didn't say anything. So how could I hide something obvious?

It is not possible to hide insecurity when your hand shake. When you are paralyzed and the words run from your mind. When you start swinging your leg out of control .. I didn't have to say a word for people to see my vulnerability.

It is not a matter of courage I was always unable to hide even when I wanted to.

My body always had a reaction that made me look crazy .. me and I had a POF about it ..

That's one of the reasons why I prefer the internet.

Edited by Luciana Flora
  • LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 1
35 minutes ago, Luciana Flora said:

This surprises me quite a bit. In fact I count on my fingers the times someone said that something that I did inspired me to do anything.

Most of the time what I think is that people will get tired of hearing my stories come.

You TOTALLY inspire me, @Luciana Flora!! ❤️  That's one of the "takeaways" too, like everyone is saying right here:  getting to know you.  That's really possible also because of the space that @Troy has generously, intentionally and thoughtfully created for sharing here.  And come to think of it, it's not really so much The Teaching, is it?  It's just us!

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1
AnnaD

Hell yeah. I woke up this morning and thought of 4 people on TLE that I have come to know better and I am humbled and inspired by their courage and vulnerability, some with their struggles for knowing who they are and defining who they are on their own terms, all for their disclosures of vulnerability and asking for help and showing that vulnerability is beautiful and inspiring. My hat is off to them. @Luciana Flora you are one of them, @SharvariJ, @Christian and so many others. I am glad to be part of this. So glad. TLE is home to us all.  I don't mean to hijack this thread, I just wanted to echo what Sharvari and Meg have said.

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 2
Rosario

Still learning and absorbing all the love, truth and beauty of this community and the Michaels :')

Yes, the community in itself is everything..especially in these trying moments.

Can't really put it into words and just reading your responses made me tear up. I see all those learnings in me as well :')

I feel at Home, I feel Safe and I feel Loved here ❤️ 

I loved learning more about Essence, how to deepen my manifestation of it, how to be more of Me so life gets to be more easy and enjoyable, an adventure of Becoming...

how Essence Contact/Recognition is what makes us truly grow...

the wonders and mysteries of Tao/Creation, the vastness and infinite tapestry of Life fills me with awe and gratitude...

the incredible and accessible power of creativity, imagination, intuition

Fell more in love with Healing/Wholeness and how I can best assist others in their journey...

how we can heal, inspire and enrich each other when we are vulnerable and courageous to share our truth and feelings

and Re-Remembering Me, Each Other, Everything in —is—  this cosmic soup of LOVE!!

I LOVE US SO VERY MUCH!!!! :') ❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 3
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
On 10/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, ckaricai said:

There will never be a good reason to believe you don’t have as much value as anyone else.

100% agree here. This is good moment to point out that “reason” is a negative pole of the intellect. There are always reasons. Reasoning comes from a limited set of data. The positive pole of “insight” goes beyond reasoning and adds greater context through different experiences.

So when people have reasons for having such low self-esteem, it’s because they are only allowed or have only ever been shown a very limited set of data, like their family’s or peers’ or society’s relentless abuse and bullying. It is really difficult to break out of reasoning and into insight when all you’ve ever been given are reasons you suck or shouldn’t exist. Insight comes from experience and from the experiences of others. For someone to gain insight they have to have new experiences or have access to those who have had experiences.

What we witness with Luciana is someone who has been buried in reasons finally able to see and use insight, and that is changing her entire world. 

This is also what is happening in the shift into a Mature Soul paradigm. Reasoning keeps us only focused on the past, while Insight builds on the past as a way to create the future. 

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 7
WolfAmethyst
35 minutes ago, Troy said:

So when people have reasons for having such low self-esteem, it’s because they are only allowed or have only ever been shown a very limited set of data, like their family’s or peers’ or society’s relentless abuse and bullying. It is really difficult to break out of reasoning and into insight when all you’ve ever been given are reasons you suck or shouldn’t exist. Insight comes from experience and from the experiences of others. For someone to gain insight they have to have new experiences or have access to those who have had experiences.

Can confirm!

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 1
Troubadour

Takeaways.

A mirror and a magnifying glass.

The most important lesson I have learned is to take responsibility. I chose it or I choose it, now I am responsible for the repercussions. 

My greatest query is regarding choice. Have you noticed that every time essence or previous personalities/ concurrents/ parallels are mentioned it is always with inverted commas around the entity in question? For example 'essence' or 'you'. Michael speaks about choices within parameters. 'You' get to choose but only within the boundaries that are decided (chosen) for 'you' by 'essence'. As far as I can tell the best argument against there being a God or Tao is that a God would never impose suffering on his or her creations. The example most used is that innocent children suffer and this seems unjust and cruel. This is nullified if the children truly had choice in being born in the situation they are going to suffer in. I have read everything I can find to better understand 'essence' and I intellectually understand that 'I' am 'essence' but this doesn't answer my question. It isn't 'essence' that suffers. 'I' suffer and 'essence' learns. All of 'my' previous incarnations suffered and all of my parallels suffer. As do 'my' concurrents and future incarnations. That is a lot of suffering.  

I also understand that I can choose to view my situation  (including my suffering) however I choose to. And I understand that evolution is promoted by the lessons gleaned from experience (again including suffering but also joy). 

And 'I' am grateful for my life and all of the joy 'I' experience due to 'my' choices, but I'm not so excited about 'my' suffering. 

This would be greatly ameliorated if 'I' felt 'I' could ask 'essence' to alter 'my' situation so that there was less (or none at all) suffering and more access to joy. A point which is easily countered with the proposition that some of 'my' 'parallels' are in those joyful situations. Which is great for 'them' but not for 'me'.  

There seems to be a conflict here. If  'I' choose I can always look for the greatest possible gain from every situation. I strive to do that. But 'my' 'essence' appears to gain whatever it can from all of my trials and tribulations, and seems indifferent to my suffering because 'essence' pays no price. In fact, it looks like 'essence' always wins, regardless of the consequences of 'its' choices and 'mine'. 

What am I missing? Something fundamental, something basic and obvious that 'I' am blind to. I am not satisfied with the axiom " 'You' ARE 'essence'."  'I' seek knowledge and I would love to be enlightened. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10
Connie Stansell-Foy
On 10/11/2020 at 12:08 PM, Luciana Flora said:

I look at them as an opportunity to provide as much encouragement as I know how to give you. Your path is not that of any other person in the whole world, it's uniquely your own, and you should not feel responsible to anyone but your own self. My job is to encourage you, to be your cheerleader, "Yay, Luciana!" for every step toward realizing your true self and your full potential; and "I'm here for you, I support your decision to do what you feel you can and to not do what you feel you can't," when you are struggling. You are one of us @Luciana Flora, we love you, and that's how people treat other people they love.

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 1
Connie Stansell-Foy
2 hours ago, Troubadour said:

I also understand that I can choose to view my situation  (including my suffering) however I choose to. And I understand that evolution is promoted by the lessons gleaned from experience (again including suffering but also joy). 

And 'I' am grateful for my life and all of the joy 'I' experience due to 'my' choices, but I'm not so excited about 'my' suffering. 

This would be greatly ameliorated if 'I' felt 'I' could ask 'essence' to alter 'my' situation so that there was less (or none at all) suffering and more access to joy. A point which is easily countered with the proposition that some of 'my' 'parallels' are in those joyful situations. Which is great for 'them' but not for 'me'.  

There seems to be a conflict here. If  'I' choose I can always look for the greatest possible gain from every situation. I strive to do that. But 'my' 'essence' appears to gain whatever it can from all of my trials and tribulations, and seems indifferent to my suffering because 'essence' pays no price. In fact, it looks like 'essence' always wins, regardless of the consequences of 'its' choices and 'mine'. 

What am I missing? Something fundamental, something basic and obvious that 'I' am blind to. I am not satisfied with the axiom " 'You' ARE 'essence'."  'I' seek knowledge and I would love to be enlightened.

@Troubadour a few weeks ago, @KurtisM posted a comment on his own page about how he was telling his Essence that he was not interested in living in the kind of world that would make the manifestation of the Infinite Soul necessary. I thought that was a great idea, and every day since then, I have made a point of writing down, addressing Essence and writing it out in positive terms so that there could be no mistake, forcing me to concentrate on exactly what I want to say, exactly what I do want. 

How I phrase it varies from day to day depending on what I'm feeling that day, but it's usually somewhere along these lines:

"Message to Essence: I want to live in a world where people are kind; where they adjust their beliefs to fit known facts; where people are known for the content of their character; where clean air, clean water, healthy food, and access to healthcare are considered human rights."

I can't say whether it is having any effect on the choices Essence makes at all, but it is keeping the kind of world I want to live in at the forefront of my mind, and maybe helping me make the kind of changes in my own behavior that, when added together with all the other people working towards the same kind of world, may actually make a difference. In any case, I feel heard and understood by Essence, and maybe Essence will take my desires into consideration when making choices.

I can't say this would work for anyone else. But I love feeling like I have some influence. And after all, if I learn something, doesn't Essence learn it as well? 

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 2
  • PRIEST
Maureen
10 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Takeaways.

A mirror and a magnifying glass.

The most important lesson I have learned is to take responsibility. I chose it or I choose it, now I am responsible for the repercussions. 

My greatest query is regarding choice. Have you noticed that every time essence or previous personalities/ concurrents/ parallels are mentioned it is always with inverted commas around the entity in question? For example 'essence' or 'you'. Michael speaks about choices within parameters. 'You' get to choose but only within the boundaries that are decided (chosen) for 'you' by 'essence'. As far as I can tell the best argument against there being a God or Tao is that a God would never impose suffering on his or her creations. The example most used is that innocent children suffer and this seems unjust and cruel. This is nullified if the children truly had choice in being born in the situation they are going to suffer in. I have read everything I can find to better understand 'essence' and I intellectually understand that 'I' am 'essence' but this doesn't answer my question. It isn't 'essence' that suffers. 'I' suffer and 'essence' learns. All of 'my' previous incarnations suffered and all of my parallels suffer. As do 'my' concurrents and future incarnations. That is a lot of suffering.  

@Troubadour, I, too, was quite troubled by this question and asked Michael one day (I kind of "blurted it out") in a 

MICHAEL SPEAKS on The 9 Strengths and Weaknesses of ESSENCE on November 14, 2010. Here's the excerpt. I hope it helps. ❤️

Maureen:  After Martha shared her Auschwitz past life experience it made me wonder (yet again!) if Essence is really “cruel”? Do we (personality) “know” enough before we are born to make an informed decision re: events etc. or does Essence pull all the strings? I know “all is chosen” – but it feels like Essence learns “at the expense” of Personality – where does Essence end and Personality begin (or vice-versa!)??

MEntity:  To respond to the question as it is, we would say that Essence "pulls ALL of the strings" previous to incarnating, but upon incarnation, it has some control over the first seven years of development of the Body and Personality, but after that, the Personality is completely in control.

MEntity:  Much of what happens after birth is out of the hands of Essence, so to speak, and a matter of choice, decisions, or lack thereof relative to the Personality.

Geraldine:  would it be fair to say that few Essences had any control at all on whether their incarnations ended up in Concentration camps?

MEntity:  Essence is far from cruel, however, even in its planning for a difficult lifetime. It is about as cruel as one who decides to ride a roller coaster, go to the movies to see a drama or horror film, or one who decides to undertake a creative manifestation such as writing a book, building a home, or having a baby.

MEntity:  There will be pain in those projects, but the creative process and result is the original intention, not the pain.

MEntity:  PAIN and SUFFERING are NEVER planned by Essence. EVER.

MEntity:  Karmic Ribbons that include suffering as part of the balance due to the originating Karma, can always be altered in ways that bring balance without the suffering. However, as we said, Personality is in control, and it often does not "know better" for various reasons, including sometimes its rejection of Essence.

Martha:  Can essence somehow make horrific physical things easier - can it help the personality? Like in Auschwitz with children being mutilated

MEntity:  Geraldine, that would be fair to say. It was the choice of Essence to incarnate while knowing this could happen, and while many were curious as to what could be experienced, the pain and suffering were never "planned."

MEntity:  That being said, it is a default awareness of Essence that pain and suffering are experiences that cannot be avoided during the incarnational cycles.

MEntity:  So it could be said that Essence does not actively seek to avoid those experiences, but it does not actively "plan" them, either. It does not have to. They would happen, with or without planning.

MEntity:  Martha, Essence can only help to ease suffering if the Personality allows for it to be present.

MEntity:  For some Personalities who allow for Essence to present in the life, "suffering" is often experienced as a profound surrender that borders on ecstasy, or bliss.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
Christian

Thank you, @ckaricaifor this thread. It has been a joy to read.

People have shared so much that I took away also that I kinda feel like most has been said.

Then, talking with my wife last night a couple came to mind.

Voice.

By applying ans seeking what Micheal has said before about our voices that we talk to our selves in, helped me.

It was during therapy that I finally got it.

Somehow talking with my therapist and having the Micheal teachings there...the two things kinda gelled and it made sense.

I could for probably the first time say...this is depression talking...this is anxiety.. Etc.

So knowing the voices speaking it helped to then ask...what are you trying to tell me.

It also helped me to recognize that I have a desire to be HEARD.  Even by me.

This isn't something that I think would ever have gotten to on my own.

It has been an interesting ride so far with more to learn I am sure.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 2
Heidi

Thinking on what @Troubadour said...

This probably makes no sense, but I've often wondered why 'I'm' "stuck" in this Personality, this version of Heidi that is likely one of thousands, and not totally and completely the viewpoint of Essence. It sounds a lot more fun and free to be Essence, who according to Michael is seemingly gallivanting around in Ecstasy most the time. 

I mean I get it ... Essence is a broader perspective of me and I am Essence when I am in the Positive Poles, but have you ever wondered what's it like to solely be Essence, the whole of you who is viewing from your perspective and every other as well as anticipating a multitude of probabilities and generating realities and hanging out communicating with other Essences and ..whatever else it's doing?

Maybe I only wonder this when I'm feeling bitter, I dunno. 🙂

Edited by Heidi
  • LIKE/LOVE 14
  • LOL 2
  • THANK YOU! 1
Becca the Student

I've never been bitter or angry at Essence for my own life. But I was lucky enough to be born into a family I dearly love, which I'm sure influences my perspective. It's impossible for me to look back on my life so far and not see how everything I dislike about the current state of my personal life is a result of my own choices and actions (or, more frequently, inaction). I can't blame Essence for problems I created: that doesn't quite seem fair to Essence, who only has as much control over my life as I allow. 

The fact that there are probably parallels of me out there living much more successful lives than I am currently living only tells me that those parallel personalities made more successful choices than I did. Similarly, there are probably parallels out there that are living much worse, much more depressing lives than I am, and knowing that makes me grateful for everything I have and can appreciate in this one. 

And, though living through "important times" is quite terrifying, I can even see how this was something I was honestly interested in as a personality before Essence and I chose to slide into this current parallel in 2016. Not this specific situation, but I used to be intensely nostalgic for the 1960s countercultural movement in a "man, I'm so bummed I missed that" way, and I'm not unaware that I'm now living through a time where I am actively involved in movements and marches and protests for the greater good.

As for what it's like to be Essence, I imagine it's much like acting in a play, or reading a book. Or playing a videogame. Or riding a roller coaster (to use Michael's favorite analogy). Everything is entertaining or fascinating or exciting or thrilling, even the scary parts -- because you know that ultimately there's a more permanent reality outside of the theater, or the pages of the book, or the game screen, or the amusement park ride. So you can get enjoyment and thrill from fear or pain because you're somewhat distanced from it.

I think it's most like playing a videogame, really, because you have a little bit of control over how to react to the environment, but only as much as the program allows; and you have no control over the environment. 😉

When I look at it like that, I'm actually grateful to be here as Becca, and not out beyond the screen as Essence. I get to experience things so much more viscerally, and smell the beautiful smells and feel the wind on my face and taste the fruit in my kitchen, and have full control over everything I do. I get be Essence for infinity -- I only get to experience being Becca, alive, on Earth, for maybe a hundred years. What a treat!

Edited by Becca the Student
  • LIKE/LOVE 13
Luciana Flora

As for this question of the essence. Yes, sometimes I wonder what the essence was thinking about when planning this life.

One of the things I ask myself = is because I was born in a country with so few old people.

Another thing that I ask is what would be the original agreement regarding the family .. mainly my parents. Because I don't believe that the essence of the plan was to reach a point where I feel relieved to not see my parents.

I don't know if that would help maybe not. But I am really curious about what the original plan would be.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
Connie Stansell-Foy
11 hours ago, Luciana Flora said:

As for this question of the essence. Yes, sometimes I wonder what the essence was thinking about when planning this life.

One of the things I ask myself = is because I was born in a country with so few old people.

Another thing that I ask is what would be the original agreement regarding the family .. mainly my parents. Because I don't believe that the essence of the plan was to reach a point where I feel relieved to not see my parents.

I don't know if that would help maybe not. But I am really curious about what the original plan would be.

@Luciana Flora Sounds like some great questons for Michael!

Edited by Connie Stansell-Foy
  • LIKE/LOVE 4