ENERGY REPORT - NOVEMBER 2020

Eric
On 10/30/2020 at 10:26 PM, Heidi said:

Anyone else concerned about a full-blown civil war or rioting like we've never seen, regardless of election results? I don't think Biden winning will be a profound relief on my end. 

I don't necessarily see true civil war coming from this. I have a friend with family in Sri Lanka who lived through the civil war there and the stories about it are not like anything we've seen here yet.

That said, I do agree that it's going to be an utter shit storm regardless of the outcome. You don't need civil war to have massive turmoil and upheaval, and it looks like we're in line for that no matter what. The antics are just getting started.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 12
  • SAD 2
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Becca the Student

• Connie Stansell-Foy

• AnnaD

• Maureen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ENERGY REPORT November 2020   2020 OVERLEAVES ROLE: Sage (emphasized all year) CENTER: Higher Emotional (emphasized all year) (and Emotional Center) GOAL: Submission (emp

Yes.   I asked Micheal about a full blown civil war a few years ago (I think Bush years).  At the time he said the likelihood was around 25%.     However, they added that like many

Biden won Pennsylvania. He actually won. If I had the energy I would cry right now. 

Posted Images

Tyrone

Here's something I happened upon that's giving me a bit of hope:

AI That Accurately Predicted Brexit, 2016 and Canadian Election says ...

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/11/1/1991564/-AI-That-Accurately-Predicted-Brexit-2016-and-Canadian-Election-says?utm_campaign=trending

The Website:

https://advancedsymbolics.com/us-election-2/

The AI "Polly" is purported to have been super accurate since it's been started up as of today is predicting the following electoral map forecast:

image.png

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 6
michael_k

After scanning that AI produced map and FiveThirtyEight's latest prediction, I think this is a reasonable guess at how the 2020 election might turn out. I think Ohio will be the closest race, with Texas, Georgia and Iowa not far behind. It might be a bit of a stretch for Texas to go Democrat this election, but it may be the closest of all Trump voting states to tipping over. 2020_map_predict.png

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
On 10/30/2020 at 11:26 PM, Heidi said:

Thanks as always for the Energy Reports, Troy.

I don't feel too great after reading this, though. Anyone else concerned about a full-blown civil war or rioting like we've never seen, regardless of election results? I don't think Biden winning will be a profound relief on my end. 

I totally agree. I have no sense of relief or new beginnings. Only a continued fight and a shorter or longer transition, at best. NYC is boarding up buildings and businesses. Lots of places are doing the same. Trump has set us up to lose SOMETHING, no matter what.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • SAD 6
  • THANK YOU! 2
Troy
5 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Here's something I happened upon that's giving me a bit of hope....

This is what terrifies me so much. The reality of nearly half of our country being full-blown racist bigots who align with hateful and violent white supremacist ideology.

image_2020-11-02_152800.png

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • SAD 8
  • THANK YOU! 1
Tyrone
4 hours ago, Troy said:

This is what terrifies me so much. The reality of nearly half of our country being full-blown racist bigots who align with hateful and violent white supremacist ideology.

While yeah, there's something to be said for the fact that racism is real in this country, remember: putting the election math in perspective, those percentages are representative only of those projected to cast a vote in this election. 

Even though this election is showing to be one that might be a record high turnout, the highest records in our country's history are still only like 62% of those actually registered to vote in this country.  And even that is only a certain percentage of the total citizens in the country.  When I look at the fact that Florida only just now enacted restoration of voting rights to ex-felons (now still being obstructed by bureaucracy-imposed fines and fees), it reminds me that the vote and voice privilege is still an ideal that this country hasn't lived up to in fullness yet.  Taking that vote size perspective into account, in 2016 that 46.1% popular vote for Trump was more like 20% of the US population (25% of adults).  Considering where the country and the narrative was in 2016, if you take off the Obama to Trump vote (people who you could say had overlooked the racist shit and desperately voted for change), that leaves like 17% of the population with possibly racist intent. 

While I know it doesn't fully mitigate the size and scale of the numbers in the end, I think it matters that the election numbers say the hate-aligned fraction is not half, but more like 1 in 6 in of Americans. 

Edited by Tyrone
  • LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 8
Connie Stansell-Foy
2 hours ago, Tyrone said:

While yeah, there's something to be said for the fact that racism is real in this country, remember: putting the election math in perspective, those percentages are representative only of those projected to cast a vote in this election. 

And that's the adults. One thing I have noticed in the last few years is that the vast majority of the children, the teens, and the youngest adults have absolutely no tolerance for bigotry in any form, be it racism, sexism, homophobia, or religious bigotry. The next generation is coming up, and they are the ones that are tipping the world into the Mature paradigm.

Yes, there are still far too many bigots, and yes, there are young people who don't follow the path of the older souls in their generation. Our world is changng, and it's going to be a bumpy ride in the short-term, but the young people I know make me extremely hopeful for the long-term future. Many kids who are teenagers today are going to be voting in 2024; some of the pre-teens will be voting in 2028. The United States will be in good hands for the future, and I imagine similar changes from generation to generation are happening all over the world as the Mature paradigm takes hold. Don't hold your breath; it will take a little while. But better times will come.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 2
JohnM
44 minutes ago, Connie Stansell-Foy said:

And that's the adults. One thing I have noticed in the last few years is that the vast majority of the children, the teens, and the youngest adults have absolutely no tolerance for bigotry in any form, be it racism, sexism, homophobia, or religious bigotry. The next generation is coming up, and they are the ones that are tipping the world into the Mature paradigm.

Yes, there are still far too many bigots, and yes, there are young people who don't follow the path of the older souls in their generation. Our world is changng, and it's going to be a bumpy ride in the short-term, but the young people I know make me extremely hopeful for the long-term future. Many kids who are teenagers today are going to be voting in 2024; some of the pre-teens will be voting in 2028. The United States will be in good hands for the future, and I imagine similar changes from generation to generation are happening all over the world as the Mature paradigm takes hold. Don't hold your breath; it will take a little while. But better times will come.

I agree @Connie Stansell-Foy, there is still a tremendous amount of work to, I don’t want to downplay this in any way, but I find I’m deeply moved when I see people standing up and speaking out, makes me feel energized and that we’re part of an important wave that feels like it is building in momentum.  Despite the current stress levels being off the charts....I’m ready for the positive wave!  

• LIKE/LOVE 11
Eric
15 hours ago, Tyrone said:
19 hours ago, Troy said:

I'd also like to make the, perhaps contentious, point that seeing all those that vote for Trump as full-blown racists bigots and/or violent white supremacists is itself a simplistic view. Understandable, especially in this climate, but simplistic nonetheless.

Rather than nearly half of the polled voters being racist, I see it more as half of the voters are being influenced by racists. Don't get me wrong, the full-blown bigots and hateful ideologues are very real, the racists and the abusers are very real. And they have been louder and more visible than before. But, even as mentioned by the math, they are actually a minority. The issue isn't that they are numerous, but rather that they have usurped and are wielding a large amount of influence and power.

I don't say this to downplay the harms that have been done or condone those that contribute to it. I don't say it to minimize the peril of our situation. Rather I say to to try and shine a little light and hope that there are people even on the "other side" that could still be worked with in the future. They are not one-dimensional lost causes. There is hope in this, and it will be important after the election, regardless of the outcome.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • WARRIOR
Bobby
5 hours ago, Eric said:

I'd also like to make the, perhaps contentious, point that seeing all those that vote for Trump as full-blown racists bigots and/or violent white supremacists is itself a simplistic view.

Maybe they aren't... but they are deplorable for supporting someone who is.  That can't be forgiven.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 2
Troy
7 hours ago, Eric said:

I'd also like to make the, perhaps contentious, point that seeing all those that vote for Trump as full-blown racists bigots and/or violent white supremacists is itself a simplistic view. Understandable, especially in this climate, but simplistic nonetheless.

I always appreciate when people try to see the innocence beyond a person's actions and I appreciate when we remind each other that no group is a monolith.... BUT, if you watch a man promote and embolden and amplify white supremacist ideology for 4 years and then actively choose to defend or support him, I'm sorry, you are not just supporting a white supremacist, you have joined a cult of personality because it reflects who YOU are, and that means that at least some part of you is a racist piece of shit. This isn't simplistic, it's just really that simple. And I'm sure there are many wonderful racist and racist-adjacent people among them. I have met many very kind racists in my life. They are still racists. I could buy this whole "maybe they aren't all racist" stuff before 2016, but after 4 years of Trump promoting white supremacy, NO ONE has any reason to support him other than to satisfy their bigotry and alignment with white supremacist ideology.

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 3
Christian
7 hours ago, Eric said:

I don't say this to downplay the harms that have been done or condone those that contribute to it. I don't say it to minimize the peril of our situation. Rather I say to to try and shine a little light and hope that there are people even on the "other side" that could still be worked with in the future. They are not one-dimensional lost causes. There is hope in this, and it will be important after the election, regardless of the outcome.

I am sure there were some very fine Nazi too.

I am sure there were some very fine people in the confederacy .

But you know what happened after both were beaten bloody.

Nazi ran to Argentina and those deemed useful to US were imported.

The same politicians that join the confederacy were back in Washington.  They cheated so badly in one presidential election that I think it was Alabama actually tallied 101% of the vote.

Then they pushed through a minority agenda that enshrined racism into US Gov't policy to this day.

Nothing could be done in Congress with getting racist southern support.

If you want to cling to hope, then by all means you do you. My view is hope is a pleasant fiction.

History has a different reality to tell and it isn't pretty. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10
Christian

Further I will add that it too Milosevic 4 year of constant propaganda to get the serbs to start killing thier Muslim neighbors which they knew for decades.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • SAD 2
Eric

Fair enough.

The idea isn't to forgive or condone, but perhaps temper some fear with the idea that it is indeed not so monolithic and that influence can be had the other way around. I do not see at as so simple as "they're all bigots," and I do hold some hope because of it, but I concede that it may be something of a luxury at this time.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 11
Sam K

I would agree that, on an individual basis, it's entirely possible for bigots to realize their error and start acting as an ally.  I would say, though, that looking at the heartfelt motivations of individuals is not generally the most productive stance either way. It doesn't matter, generally speaking, whether people are irredeemable racists or hapless dupes in their hearts; the material consequences of their activities and how to counteract them are what matter.

The invitation to be better is always there, and some will inevitably accept it within this lifetime (all will in the grand scheme of things, obviously, but that's beside the point).  We can't orient a strategy around that, though.

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 1
Becca the Student
5 minutes ago, Juni said:

Thank you for sharing this! It reminded me of this section from a session I had last month:

"The lack of differentiation between free speech and "hate speech" has been due to the fear that any group could label any speech as "hate" if that group does not like what is said. But those are the rules of Baby and Young Souls. Mature and Old Souls know the difference and that it is about intentional harm. Mature and Old Souls know there is a difference between screaming "Fire!" because it can help others to survive a fire vs someone screaming "Fire!" to create panic and chaos. Mature Souls understand context and nuance and that it is not complicated." - Michael, from this session.

I had a conversation with a friend once about this exact concept, a few years ago when that bakery refused to serve LGBTQIA+ folks, and we came to the same conclusion. There's a huge difference between refusing to serve a gay couple and refusing to serve a nazi (and I refuse to capitalize that term, autocorrect, stop bugging me: it doesn't deserve such a dignity) -- and if you can't see what that difference is, than you think like a nazi. It's all about intentional harm. Whether a Trumper is manipulated by propaganda or not, all of them are totally cool with committing intentional harm: because that is the be-all end-all of his rhetoric.

That said, I 100% disagree that statement that hope is a "pleasant fiction." Hope is an integral and important part of existence, it's one of the engines that keep us running. Take away hope, and all you got is a bunch of depressed people checking out of the Life hotel and taking the next bus back to the Astral, thinking none of their actions or opinions matter.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1
AnnaD

@Christian and @Becca the Student, I agree with both of you, and without sounding like a vacuous flake, I like your definition Becca of hope, only I call "hope" "confidence", as confidence is normally backed by substantial evidence with which to BE confident. Splitting hairs. We can duke it out if you want lol. I dislike the term hope because for me it is way too close to the word "faith", a word that requires ones brain to be left at the door and submit to a lobotomy. Other than that, I love your definition of hope. And as I have a Priest ET and tribond, the past life vibes from "faith" smell like stinky hopeless love and light thoughts and prayers turds to this Scholar cast Scholar who loves evidence. I will gladly adopt your definition and I will call it confidence lol. That is all as you were.

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 2
Luciana Flora
48 minutes ago, Becca the Student said:

That said, I 100% disagree that statement that hope is a "pleasant fiction." Hope is an integral and important part of existence, it's one of the engines that keep us running. Take away hope, and all you got is a bunch of depressed people checking out of the Life hotel and taking the next bus back to the Astral, thinking none of their actions or opinions matter.

I agree with what was said here ..

I know what Michael says about hope, but I can't agree.

Contrary to what Michael says in my life, what always led me to inaction was the lack of hope. There was a time when I didn't even look for friends because I didn't think it would do any good.
There was no hope that I would have any friends one day.

It was always the lack of hope that led to inaction.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
WolfAmethyst

Excerpt from:  Trump voters double down like gambling addicts at the roulette table as his malicious incompetence becomes clearer and clearer

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/trump-voters-double-down-like-gambling-addicts-at-the-roulette-table-as-his-malicious-incompetence-becomes-clearer-and-clearer/

So there’s really no limit to how bad this can get.

I realized this a couple of years ago, when I was hanging out with a Trump voter in my life.

During most of our time together, I held my tongue about politics, knowing that anything I said would just make her defensive and likely to dig in harder.

At a certain point, two alcoholic beverages loosened my inhibitions and I reminded her of Trump’s adoration for dictators like Vladimir Putin and his obvious desire to be more like them.

Sure enough, she defensively replied, “What’s so wrong with Putin, anyway?”

“For one thing, he has journalists murdered,” I said.

Angrily, she retorted, “Sometimes I don’t see the problem with that.”

I reminded her at this point that I’m a journalist. She muttered at me angrily but, notably, did not apologize or take back what she said.

It was at that point that I saw how it happens.

I mean, I’ve always known it academically — many of us are familiar with Hannah Arendt’s writing about authoritarian tendencies — but it’s another thing entirely to look someone you know in the eye and realize they would stand by and let it happen to you.

To realize that there’s no point where it gets too bad to be acceptable, where the human rights violations are so badly out of control, where democracy is taken away.

We’ve seen kids in cages.

We’ve seen close to a quarter-million Americans die.

We’ve seen Trump tear-gas peaceful protesters and applaud right-wing political violence.

There is no point where they say that enough is enough. Not even if people in their lives, their friends and family, are the ones in danger.

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • SAD 4
Troy
7 hours ago, Eric said:

The idea isn't to forgive or condone, but perhaps temper some fear with the idea that it is indeed not so monolithic and that influence can be had the other way around. I do not see at as so simple as "they're all bigots," and I do hold some hope because of it, but I concede that it may be something of a luxury at this time.

This anti-monolithic thing works when people are born into a group, such as race, economic status, gender, sexuality, etc, but when they ACTIVELY choose to join and support a platform that has a clear statement, agenda, and impact, it IS monolithic more than it's not.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
Connie Stansell-Foy
15 hours ago, Eric said:

Rather than nearly half of the polled voters being racist, I see it more as half of the voters are being influenced by racists. Don't get me wrong, the full-blown bigots and hateful ideologues are very real, the racists and the abusers are very real. And they have been louder and more visible than before. But, even as mentioned by the math, they are actually a minority. The issue isn't that they are numerous, but rather that they have usurped and are wielding a large amount of influence and power.

I have family and family-adjacent people who fall into this category. They live in Idaho, and despite not being full-blood white themselves, they are Trump supporters. My brother's adopted son's biological father was Mexican. Another brother's first wife is half Native American - I forget which tribe her mother was - so my niece and nephew aren't full-blood white either. Not that they would be anyway; I'm not sure of the percentage, but my brothers and I are part Native American, too. So what I have to think is that they are supporting Trump partly for other reasons, and think the racism won't touch them. I so badly want to point out the error, but none of them would hear me. They are much too influenced by the people around them, by the media they consume, and probably by the churches they go to as well. I'm just hoping they regain their sanity sometime soon. Maintaining connections through this time has been a strain.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • SAD 3
Connie Stansell-Foy
2 hours ago, WolfAmethyst said:

there’s really no limit to how bad this can get.

I realized this a couple of years ago, when I was hanging out with a Trump voter in my life.

During most of our time together, I held my tongue about politics, knowing that anything I said would just make her defensive and likely to dig in harder.

At a certain point, two alcoholic beverages loosened my inhibitions and I reminded her of Trump’s adoration for dictators like Vladimir Putin and his obvious desire to be more like them.

Sure enough, she defensively replied, “What’s so wrong with Putin, anyway?”

“For one thing, he has journalists murdered,” I said.

Angrily, she retorted, “Sometimes I don’t see the problem with that.”

I reminded her at this point that I’m a journalist. She muttered at me angrily but, notably, did not apologize or take back what she said.

It was at that point that I saw how it happens.

I mean, I’ve always known it academically — many of us are familiar with Hannah Arendt’s writing about authoritarian tendencies — but it’s another thing entirely to look someone you know in the eye and realize they would stand by and let it happen to you.

To realize that there’s no point where it gets too bad to be acceptable, where the human rights violations are so badly out of control, where democracy is taken away.

We’ve seen kids in cages.

We’ve seen close to a quarter-million Americans die.

We’ve seen Trump tear-gas peaceful protesters and applaud right-wing political violence.

There is no point where they say that enough is enough. Not even if people in their lives, their friends and family, are the ones in danger.

I love this. May I quote it?

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 1