A rather nice summary of my thoughts re: the election

• 1 month later...
KurtisM

Y'know, since next year is apparently a Cynic Year, I get the feeling this kind of talk is going to be rather rampant.

Ah the struggle between political radicalism and political nihilism.

I hope the damn senate flips at least. There's legitimately nothing I can do to change the outcome in Georgia, and I'll probably exist in both realities where it does and doesn't flip.. but still. That would be lovely if it flipped.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
33 minutes ago, KurtisM said:

Y'know, since next year is apparently a Cynic Year, I get the feeling this kind of talk is going to be rather rampant.

Ah the struggle between political radicalism and political nihilism.

I hope the damn senate flips at least. There's legitimately nothing I can do to change the outcome in Georgia, and I'll probably exist in both realities where it does and doesn't flip.. but still. That would be lovely if it flipped.

I would say that political radicalism can often give the appearance of political nihilism to one who is not radical. The radical proposes that the current political system is incapable of delivering necessary changes to society. But to a non-radical, who does not acknowledge the validity of solutions which circumvent (or even act against) the established, official levers of power, to say that the existing system cannot solve our problems is essentially the same as saying they're unsolvable.

And yes, it would be lovely if McConnell could be removed from power.

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 11
Connie Stansell-Foy
20 hours ago, Christian said:

but something seems off and needs more investigation.

Projection. It's a real thing.

• LIKE/LOVE 1