Trump's "Four Seasons" press conference

Heidi

Anyone else find this as hilarious as I do?

Trump's latest press conference was reserved and held at a Four Seasons landscaping company in Philly. They tried to play it off like it was intentionally reserved there to represent their support for the working class.

I'm dying!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/news/four-seasons-landscaping-philly-trump-giuliani-hotel-biden-20201108.html%3foutputType=amp

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 13
Jeroen

Oh, yes. This is hilarious. I was just reading about this again. The crematorium located nearby was the best part for me. I cannot think of a better demise for the Trump adminstration.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 6
Kasia

When I first saw someone post about this, I had to double check, because I couldn’t believe it could possibly be true. I still can’t believe it, but I’m so glad it is. It just might be my favorite story of 2020. #SageYear 🤣🤣 

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 6
Kasia
1 minute ago, Heidi said:

Same here, @Kasia. I thought it was an article from The Onion at first! Dead!

Exactly! I thought it was a meme. To be a fly on the wall for when they found out it wasn’t the hotel... 🤣

26 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

The crematorium located nearby was the best part for me. I cannot think of a better demise for the Trump adminstration.

100% agree. I immediately saw this as symbolic of this administration being fucked (sex shop) into oblivion (crematorium). Whoever made this “mistake” deserves a medal. 

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 5
DianeHB

I thought this was a joke too! I don't understand, how do you reserve space for a press conference at a landscaping company? Did they not call ahead?

Edit: Apparently they did. 🤣

The Four Seasons staff remained perplexed by their moment in the national spotlight. Kevin Moran, a foreman at the firm, simply shrugged when approached while opening the gate to the parking lot on Sunday. He said his boss got the call from Trump campaign staffers Saturday morning and thought they must have found the business on Google and been interested because it was a “secure location” set off from the street by a security fence.

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 4
Leela Corman

There are MANY precedents for this extraordinary event in the history of comedy - the Stonehenge bit in "This Is Spinal Tap" springs to mind, as does what I am sure (without any proof) is its likely inspiration, the "Trojan Rabbit" scene in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". But the true spiritual, nay, existential ancestor of this glorious moment in our national nightmare is Monty Python's "Mr. Hilter" sketch.

Edited by Leela Corman
  • LOL 1