Aliens and the Galactic Federation

Connie Stansell-Foy

I'd read that article or one just like it. I don't believe that Trump knew. It may have been in one of his briefings, but we all know he doesn't pay any attention to those. If this report makes it to Fox News, he might say something, or at that point his not wanting his base to start laughing at him might cause him to keep quiet, but other than that, I just don't see how he could be consciously aware of any such report. He doesn't have that much control over his mouth.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
  • LOL 7

The other extremely dubious claim by Haim Eshed is that Americans have a joint underground base on Mars. Given that we don't even know how to get back to the Moon, let alone Mars, and our technology isn't quite there yet for humans to be able to survive on Mars (oxygen and nitrogen generation, water reclamation, protection from solar and cosmic radiation, etc), the only way this would happen would be if aliens were the ones to provide transportation (without anyone knowing), shelter, and resources. Rocket launches are pretty public events, even when they contain classified payloads, so we know that we aren't sending people there. There is an entire community out there of people who track launches and their orbits. Someone would notice if a rocket was heading extraterrestrial. 

Is there life, particularly intelligent life, on other planets in the universe? Ofcourse. Is there a Galactic Federation? Who knows. It wouldn't surprise me too much if there was one, but I doubt Kirk or Picard would recognize it. 

Is humanity ready to learn about any of this? Hell no. Once we get through the "we'll stop pointing our guns and nukes at you once we know you aren't a threat" phase, the next phase will be debates on whether aliens believe in and follow Jesus. We'd need to be solidly mid-Mature Soul and have the independent ability to for humans to travel outside of our solar system before consideration by a Galactic Federation. Given that we've been floating in orbit on various space stations no bigger than a football field with a living space of a four or five bedroom house for the past 40 years or so (Skylab, Mir, ISS), there really is very little reason for aliens to show a vested interest in us. We're way too primitive for anything beyond anthropological study and maybe a footnote in galactic stellar cartography.

Edited by BrianW
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
4 hours ago, BrianW said:

The other extremely dubious claim by Haim Eshed is that Americans have a joint underground base on Mars. Given that we don't even know how to get back to the Moon, let along Mars, and our technology isn't quite there yet for humans to be able to survive on Mars (oxygen and nitrogen generation, water reclamation, protection from solar and cosmic radiation, etc), the only way this would happen would be if aliens were the ones to provide transportation (without anyone knowing), shelter, and resources. Rocket launches are pretty public events, even when they contain classified payloads, so we know that we aren't sending people there. There is an entire community out there of people who track launches and their orbits. Someone would notice if a rocket was heading extraterrestrial. 

Is there life, particularly intelligent life, on other planets in the universe? Ofcourse. Is there a Galactic Federation? Who knows. It wouldn't surprise me too much if there was one, but I doubt Kirk or Picard would recognize it. 

is humanity ready to learn about any of this? Hell no. Once we get through the "we'll stop pointing our guns and nukes at you once we know you aren't a threat" phase, the next phase will be debates on whether aliens believe in and follow Jesus. We'd need to be solidly mid-Mature Soul and have the independent ability to for humans to travel outside of our solar system before consideration by a Galactic Federation. Given that we've been floating in orbit on various space stations no bigger than a football field with a living space of a four or five bedroom house for the past 40 years or so (Skylab, Mir, ISS), there really is very little reason for aliens to show a vested interest in us. We're way too primitive for anything beyond anthropological study and maybe a footnote in galactic stellar cartography.

Earth: Mostly harmless. 
                        ---Douglas Adams

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 7
Leela Corman

I deeply want there to be a Galactic Federation and I want to be part of it. But I also want to warn the aliens to stay away from humanity for a while, we are dangerous. Don't walk around Earth at night, wear shoes you can run in, all the standard shit.

In all seriousness can you imagine how unsafe it would be for an off-planet person to show up in public here? We are a fucked up species.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 5
Troubadour
1 hour ago, Leela Corman said:

I deeply want there to be a Galactic Federation and I want to be part of it. But I also want to warn the aliens to stay away from humanity for a while, we are dangerous. Don't walk around Earth at night, wear shoes you can run in, all the standard shit.

In all seriousness can you imagine how unsafe it would be for an off-planet person to show up in public here? We are a fucked up species.

Most of the people I know are kind. I worked with a local indigenous man and a 75 year old englishman this week. They gave me their time and expertise with no expectation of recompense. They had me stay at their house and they fed me. We shared stories and we sang songs of love and peace.

Strangers are welcome here. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10
18 hours ago, Troubadour said:

Most of the people I know are kind. I worked with a local indigenous man and a 75 year old englishman this week. They gave me their time and expertise with no expectation of recompense. They had me stay at their house and they fed me. We shared stories and we sang songs of love and peace.

Strangers are welcome here. 

I'm assuming you live nowhere near the southern United States. ; P

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • LOL 4
Christian

There was a show on the "History" channel years ago that looked at modern presidents and conjectured on what if anything they knew.

Their conclusion was that with Bush Sr being CIA director and in the intelligence most of his career....the was the most recent president to possibly have the most knowledge.

No idea if it is true or not. But thought it was interesting tidbit.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
Leela Corman
32 minutes ago, Maureen said:

This meme always pops up in my mind when I read comments here... because it's so fucking true. 🙂 

Star Trek Future_ What Liberals Want.JPG

Yes! But please dear god not with the TNG cast, can I please have a combination of the Voyager and Discovery casts, keep Data and Troi and Riker in an alternate timeline 🙂

• LOL 7

Galactic Federation sounds like a bunch of Army Intelligence people, for whom I have respect for, but I cannot imagine clean shaven short haired Old Souls in uniform. I think that they would be dressed in mufti (wearing what they wanted). And yet with Star Trek you totally get that hierarchical sense of top down military management. 

I don't think earth is a safe place for anyone given the lack of humanity shown to any living creature not within the dominant demographic. I feel for Emma Gonzalez and Pat McCabe. They have their work cut out for them with the great unwashed (uneducated) masses whose cognitive dissonance despite best evidence to the contrary rages on. We need some commanders who are Old Souls.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1