Is there a normal age to complete your 3rd IM?

Manshuk

I think the average age on this community is older than 3rd IM, but... I still want to ask that. I'm 21 and I have absolutely no idea if my third IM is complete and I'm sort of stressing out over it, because I'm not even sure 2nd IM was completed in the positive pole. I don't feel like I have much in common with most of my family and I'm ok with that (hey, after all they've got their own job, and I've got mine), but I still haven't "detached" financially. I've ventured out for a year of college that I ended up dropping out of back in 2018 (I think I manifested mid Mature at that point, probably 4-6th Mature, and it was loaded with emotional drama, clashing in my vision of love/friendship/companionship with most people I met, in all a proper disaster), but now, I've been at home since then, because I'm allergic to academics and the prospective of selling myself on the mainstream job market makes me react in a visceral way. I may just be a lazy bum who deserves a kick to the ass anyway, but it just triggers my bipolar episodes whenever I try to go against what my soul wants, yet I have no idea how I should make it in that world that hates people who don't partake in their delusion of infinite growth and modernized slavery.

Perhaps I did complete that third IM but not in an usual way, or it's abdicated. Anyway. I've talked too much. Is there a normal age where I should worry? Or, have I already completed it in the negative pole? There is just so much I don't know, and that I probably don't want to see, on an unconscious level, because that's how humans are. and my artisan self-delusion has surfaced too many times in my teen years already

Edited by Manshuk
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

If I remember correctly, the usual age for going through the 3rd IM would be ages 12-15. However those are just numbers that goes for the average person, in present society and culture. There will be individual differences.  

I think of the third internal monad as where we gain psychological independence. Not a financial one. There’s a vast difference from viewing oneself as an extension of the family unit and deriving ones sense of identity from that vs. Being your own person with your own resources while also depending upon the resources of those around you. 

I don’t know how well you know this site yet. I’ll link the Third IM section of the study library: https://our.truthloveenergy.com/articles.html/library/personality-dynamics/internal-monads/third-internal-monad/

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Oh, thank you. I did complete it then, probably a little later than average though (from 12-13 to 17-19). I was really afraid I was developmentally stunted. It's one of my fears, being stunted and not able to perform my tasks properly, or have them backfire altogether because I've been delusional about my worth, my abilities, or whatever. Let this be a help for a future young student who is afraid to have not completed their third monad!) 

• LIKE/LOVE 5
1 hour ago, Manshuk said:

Oh, thank you. I did complete it then, probably a little later than average though (from 12-13 to 17-19). I was really afraid I was developmentally stunted. It's one of my fears, being stunted and not able to perform my tasks properly, or have them backfire altogether because I've been delusional about my worth, my abilities, or whatever. Let this be a help for a future young student who is afraid to have not completed their third monad!) 

I remember reading that many only fully complete the 3rd IM in their early or even mid-20s, so you're by no means behind anyway. Having experienced a lot of what you're feeling not so long ago, I'm pretty sure you are being too hard on yourself and letting yourself be confined by certain standards and expectations. Ironically, the faster you let these go, the faster you will be able to progress, and this time it will be as your essence wants.

As long as we exist on the physical, we will all have to put in the work of maintaining our existence collectively pretty much, and existing can get tiring. It can be a chore, a responsibility. But you can also see it as an exercise of your artisan essence's ability to create what it wants, with enough will. Some of our time will go towards the maintenance of physical existence (and at its root thats what jobs are for I think), but it doesn't have to consume your whole existence. There can be plenty of time for many of other important things, and time to do our true work if these aren't met by your job! I'm sure you will get through just fine, good luck. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL

When Michael first shared this information with us, we were living in a world that was much more defined and restricted by local imprinting and regional influences. This meant that the Internal Monads would be approached in predictable ways that fit in with the pace of everyone's average development. But then the internet was invented and flights were easier to get and the world got smaller and the flow of information exploded and access to opportunities and options expanded... so now there is really no set age for Internal Monad passages after the 2nd Internal Monad.

That being said, the key factor in completing the 3rd Internal Monad is in your INDEPENDENCE. In the past, this used to mean becoming an individual who could sustain herself and not rely on anyone else. Michael never meant it that way, but society pushed for that so if you didn't "work hard" "pay your own way" "earn a living" "move out from family" etc. then you were not independent. This would leave a lot of people with incomplete 3rd Internal Monads because independence is NOT just about earning a wage and living on your own.

In a Mature Soul world, the value of independence is getting clearer and more appropriate in definition. Independence isn't about just making money and living on your own. Independence is still about owning and relying on yourself as a resource, but also about knowing when to ask for help and how to help others with what resources you have.

Regardless of Soul Age or the current paradigm in the world, the 3rd Internal Monad is best understood as learning how to create choices, not just choose from what you see as choices already set for you.  This process shows up for people in a lot of different ways and it does sometimes show up as rebellion and distancing from family, but it's not about that at all. It's about how much space you need in order to create choices for yourself. Some people need a lot of space because family takes up a lot of that space, but other people live comfortably at home, enjoy the abundance and security that their family provides, and build on that to help themselves create choices for themselves.

NOTE: learning to create choices for yourself does not mean being successful at it in every effort. Just learning that you must create your own choices is enough. The rest of the lifetime is practice. Once we learn that we can make our own choices, we do that the best we can for the rest of our lives.

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 6

I must be really stunted.  I don't know for sure but I think I went through the 3rd in my 30s, 4th in my 40s and 5th in my 50s.  I do know definitely from Michael that I began my 4th IM with a car accident 8 months before I turned 40.  I haven't yet explored my 1st and 2nd IM.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • WARRIOR
22 minutes ago, Wendy said:

I must be really stunted.  I don't know for sure but I think I went through the 3rd in my 30s, 4th in my 40s and 5th in my 50s.  I do know definitely from Michael that I began my 4th IM with a car accident 8 months before I turned 40.  I haven't yet explored my 1st and 2nd IM.

Not stunted... just Classic!  🙂

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 4

To add to what has been shared here.

I got married and had kid number 2 in 2008.  I graduated college in 2007. I graduated high school in 1994. 

Based on many, many things 8 don't think I finished my 3rd IM until last 5 years or so.

See I left home at 18 because for all of high school I knew I could get out of the house then and parents couldn't do anything about it. The first time I remember making a choice for me was in a conversation with my mom after I got to college and was alone in the form room.  I panicked. 

I called her to talk and she said you can come home and I said no.

Years and several beautiful disasters later I did "move home".  I moved in with my sister who lived a block away from mom at the time.

A few years after, in 2003, I left home again.  Only this time, instead of feeling desperate to get away.  I left feeling more confident and secure in myself.

Then when everything started falling apart again years later, a channeling with Michael indicated that I was attempting work on the 4th I'm but found two road blocks from my 2nd and my 3rd.

I will have to ask for verification. The intervening chaos seemed to be me resolving those while working through thr 4th IM.

See where I am at now.  Things that happened in 2014 to about 2018 feel like it was literally a different person. I know it was me.  I know the events that happened but it seems like a lifetime ago. 

Life is calmer now. There is also a sense of it being time to get to work. 

So I think I finished 2,3,4 at the same time because I wanted to be be done with the 4th and be me.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

@Christian, what you wrote struck me as pretty good learning material. I guess we are all different in terms of IMs. 

That being said, external imprinting (of "you have to be YS society's definition of independent by age 18-20 otherwise you're developmentally delayed") is hell of a little demon. I'm sort of isolated from society and yet I still experience that very imprinting 😅 but, perhaps it's something that will be shed with age as well. It's easier to get de-tangled as you get older, it seems. 

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • PRIEST

@Manshuk, here's some channeling I had with Michael about (my) Delayed 3rd Internal Monad and the Life Task.

Maureen:  Even though I never finished my 3rd IM until I was 48 yrs, and my 4th IM when I was 52, I believe I have manifested Essence off and on in my life, i.e. there was a period of about 6 months where life just flowed when I was around 26 yrs. Was this the case or was it “something else”? By not finishing my 4th IM until I was 52 years, did that contribute to my Life Task of “to comprehend the bigger picture”, or did it hold it off?

MEntity:  Essence Manifestation does not mean that life flows more easily, but more that whatever is flowing, you can ride or manage with great trust and use of internal resources.

MEntity:  The period of time that seems to be described here was when the 3rd Internal Monad process was halted. Great relief can be felt when in between Internal Monads, or when one is halted.

MEntity:  The 3rd Internal Monad is often left in the Negative Pole by older souls because those who represent authority can seem quite vile to the sensitive soul. It is then considered beneficial and justifiable to continue a "healthy" opposition to authority, particularly if it means standing up against what was imprinted upon you.

Maureen:  That is making sense to me – yes

MEntity:  It is also easy to leave in the Negative Pole because it is difficult for the older soul to see himself or herself as being able to truly make it in the world on its own resources.

MEntity:  And on its own terms.

Maureen:  That is making me cry

MEntity:  So the world turns into whatever parental support or challenge that is relative to the individual's processing of the 3rd Internal Monad.

Maureen:  Yes – it did for me

MEntity:  In terms of the Life Task, everything contributes to the Life Task. The Life Task is something that is pervasive in the life in some way, even if never consciously fulfilled or pursued. When we speak to the activation and fulfillment of the Task, it is speaking to the individual having some conscious awareness or validation of this broader theme of the life.

MEntity:  So all of your experiences over your life contributed to your Life Task, but now that you are actually aware of it, and in the middle of it, you can extract from your past any meaningful experiences that helped to contribute to your Task. 

• LIKE/LOVE 9

@Manshuk it does to an extent.

Now I look at it in warrior terms.  When putting on the uniform for work, it means putting on the vocabulary and mannerisms expected.

Same for dealing with the public.

The tyranny of society if you will.

Some of that will never go away.

The freedom I have found has been in using or subverting the expectations to open choices that may not have been obvious before.

Sometimes even calling it out as it is happening just to point out what is going on.

I guess what I am trying to point to is a shift in perspective in all this that allows for choice I didn't know before. Instead saying I have no choice. Saying how can I find a third option. Sometimes just choosing to ask the question is enough.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • PRIEST

@Manshuk, here's some more channeling I had on the Fourth IM with Overlapping Third IM.

I think this will interest anyone who is either struggling with or has struggled to get through the Fourth Internal Monad. I had actually validated this information myself in the month leading up to the session - so it was great confirmation when Michael 'laid it out' the way they did. This was channeled by Michael/Troy in a Personal Session on December 15, 2010.

Maureen:  I’d like a ‘history’ and the status of where I’m at with my Internal Monads please. I have validated completing my 4th IM – but am not sure if I transitioned in the positive poles? Also I’ve been speculating on whether I ‘completed’ my 3rd IM in the negative around the age of 26 and then didn’t transition to the positive poles until I went to the Yukon in 2004 (out of the nest so to speak)...and then was able to begin to ‘get serious’ with moving through the 4th IM?

MEntity:  It does appear that you have completed the 4th Internal Monad, and in the Positive Pole, which inherently means that you have completed your 3rd Internal Monad in the Positive Pole. You are correct that that you "returned" to the incomplete 3rd Internal Monad during your 4th as means to complete it in the Positive Pole.

MEntity:  Though you are technically completed with the 4th Internal Monad, the effects of transition are still in place, in that you are still gaining some comfort with who you are, how to nurture that, share that, allow that, etc.

MEntity:  Currently, then, you are not in any Internal Monad. This means that you would have more of a sense of cohesion of identity and direction, even if still getting comfortable with that.

MEntity:  Part of how you are gaining comfort in yourself post-4th Internal Monad is by bouncing you off of others, so to speak, by sharing what you have learned, what you are learning, and how you are learning, and using the prompted discussions to help refine that sense of self.

MEntity:  Your history appears to show that your 3rd Internal Monad began around the age of 24 and plateaued in the Negative Pole of the 7th Stage, overlapping with the beginning of your 4th Internal Monad, which began approximately in 2002.

Maureen:  late bloomer I guess!

MEntity:  This kind of overlap usually means that one must "go back" to revisit the past, sometimes in a longing for who one was, or who one thought one would be, and coming to terms with those ideals, recalibrating the ideals of the past self to match the reality of the current self.

MEntity:  You would not be considered a "late bloomer" in your current culture. The maturing process is longer and slower for most in occidental nations of this time, particularly because of the distraction away from the self and on external demands of ambition and accomplishment.

MEntity:  Many feel they cannot be who they are until there is a definitive career or obvious showcase for that ideal.

MEntity:  For the older soul, this can make the process even longer because on one level there is the Personality wishing to play along with his or her peers, and then there is the older soul sense that the game of external identity is quite silly and irrelevant to who you are.

MEntity:  When the older soul realizes that the strength of one's importance, meaning, and identity is based in how he or she experiences the self, and not in how that is showcased, not in what is being contributed, or how others interpret it, then the wholeness can come.

MEntity:  And the True Work, or Life Task, can begin.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 2

@Maureen  I sooo LOVE this:

MEntity:  For the older soul, this can make the process even longer because on one level there is the Personality wishing to play along with his or her peers, and then there is the older soul sense that the game of external identity is quite silly and irrelevant to who you are.

MEntity:  When the older soul realizes that the strength of one's importance, meaning, and identity is based in how he or she experiences the self, and not in how that is showcased, not in what is being contributed, or how others interpret it, then the wholeness can come.

THANKS

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • PRIEST

@Manshuk, this is just a very short excerpt (more family stuff there if you want to go read it) from another blog entry A Family Dynamic ~ Getting Past the Third Internal Monad?.

From a Private Live Chat on April 1, 2011

Maureen:  What were the ‘stressful’ family dynamics that ‘influenced’ me to start my third IM so late and to not complete it until I was 48 yrs. Was I waiting for approval or acceptance from my family to ‘be myself’ ?

MEntity:  You were surrounded by several who never moved beyond the 3rd Internal Monad; this will affect the imprinting and subsequent move beyond that imprinting. In your case, you managed to move beyond it, but it was not a supported move.

Maureen:  Yes – I suspect my father (Mature/5 Sage-cast Sage, died 1989, 68yrs.) never went past his, <or my mother, or my brother>  or my other sister (Mature/4 King-cast Warrior, 62 yrs.)....but my sister Diane did.

MEntity:  We can validate your perceptions here.

MEntity:  You were effectively "raised by teenagers," to some extent in terms of maturity.

Maureen:  That's how it felt - most of the time!

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 1