Michael Channel Barbara Taylor on COUNTRIES

AnnaD

Any information that is going to be offered to TLE is going to be passionately discerned or included. I am pretty sure that the discerned and included words are the words that are specific to Troy's study group. 

I do have a bias for Troy's channelled work. I spent 15 years with other Michael channels before I found Troy's work here on TLE.

I am aware of the hostility that can be taken from the dismissal of channelling work that is not Troy's. I will always choose Troy's work but I do read the information that is offered by other channels if it is posted here. I will look for the truth and I will sit with information to validate it. That is what I did with this post. Some things in this post by Barbara ring true for me. However I do not know if it is her channelling, or someone else's. As for where my money goes, it goes to Troy. I would be looking at Troy for his take on this information. So how I navigate situations of provision of non Troy channelled information, I read it, I sit with it, but my judgement is suspended until I have Troy's channelling of the same question. I am interested in almost all information. I just prioritise and value Troy's channelled information more. I want these question's answered that people have to put to their channels. But for me discernment of the information provided at the end of the day is on an equal footing as curiosity. For me it has to be good information. 

I know there are people who have felt rejected and dismissed as to their worth/ and the information that they have provided to TLE that has come from other channels. Maybe we just have an area of category that is information in TLE filed under Other Channels Work. This happens already with some information provided here i.e.; TLE members who are channelling The Michaels post it under their work. Specific topics come under that specific area. You either choose to participate in it (curiosity takes me there half of the time) and you can clearly communicate your validation of it, or if you cannot validate it, you don't participate in it and remove yourself from commenting on it. That is what happens on many topics here already, the interested get into a topic and those who are more disinterested leave the topic alone, scroll on, and find something that does interest them. 

Edited by AnnaD
clarity
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • THANK YOU! 2
Becca the Student
17 minutes ago, AnnaD said:

Maybe we just have an area of category that is information in TLE filed under Other Channels Work. This happens already with some information provided here i.e.; TLE members who are channelling The Michaels post it under their work. Specific topics come under that specific area. You either choose to participate in it (curiosity takes me there half of the time) and you can clearly communicate your validation of it, or if you cannot validate it, you don't participate in it and remove yourself from commenting on it. That is what happens on many topics here already, the interested get into a topic and those who are more disinterested leave the topic alone, scroll on, and find something that does interest them. 

Having a separate category sounds like a great idea, similar to what we're doing in the Covid sections of this forum. Though I don't think there's anything wrong with engaging with or challenging information that you can't validate. For example, besides the phrasing of the first line, I didn't think there was anything hostile or "shame"-y about the intended content of Maureen's post, where she merely explained why she didn't find the information provided to be accurate. I think it's important to challenge channeled information. I think we just need to make sure that while we challenge the information, we are not also challenging the person for posting the information (beyond asking for clarification of who channeled it and when).

EDIT: I also do truly believe we need a "How To" guide for interacting with the teachings on this forum. If people are told from the beginning that it's expected that when you quote Michael you provide a source, or that if you're extrapolating or wondering aloud you're clear about that, etc., things may go smoother for new students and be less frustrating for older students.

Edited by Becca the Student
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 3
AnnaD

@Becca the Student I agree that is important to challenge channelled information. The point of challenge I suspect with the TLE group is that it will frequently *passionately discern* against non Troy channelled information, which I suspect some days feels like a personal attack on the information that isn't Troy's channelled work. Discernment or rejection of work that is not Troy's can appear like exclusion. 

Passionate discernment happens with Troy's work for me anyway, probably for most of us. However the ongoing challenge that non Troy information faces, is initial rejection due to being a channel other than Troy, then if the information is worthy of further validation, the discernment of the content itself. That is what non Troy channelled information will be challenged on. So for many of us who are invested solely in Troy's work and the discernment and validation of it, many of us, may choose not to comment on non Troy channelled work, and when we do comment on the non Troy channelled work and challenge it, the critique will be of the value of the information for us as individuals, and, if we have used that channel previously for information, we can comment further on the work of that channel and the quality of their information. Because TLE is the endorsed work of one very high quality channel i.e. Troy, any new channel's information faces an existing very high standard of channelling.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
Becca the Student

Yes, and there are certainly instances where people mistake that intense scrutiny for a personal attack. Those instances I don't think we can do anything about. There are other instances though, such as this thread, where personal attack is indeed happening. This can be happening unintentionally, but if unintentional harm can be averted, I’d like to try to avert it. There’s nothing wrong with high standards! Perhaps I’m reading this wrong, but it doesn’t look like high standards are what hurt Petra’s feelings here.

Edited by Becca the Student
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1
Becca the Student

Also because it can’t be repeated enough: I say all this kindly. ❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 4
Sam K

Personally, I treat MT as I do any spiritual teaching: I take what works for me and discard what doesn't. That includes information from different channels. I would certainly say that I trust Troy most among Michael channels (he's the only one I've worked with personally, after all), but I have no particular attachment to his channeling as opposed to, say, Shepherd Hoodwin.

But of course, I'm a relative latecomer who stumbled in here by "chance." I can see how one who is more deeply invested in the community in a personal way, or who works directly on the "production" side of things, for lack of a better term, or who has been involved with MT for many years or decades, would have much more passionate feelings on the subject.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
petra

@Becca the Student  Thank You so much for your understanding and all that you have said and shared, it helped "a lot"💖

I sooo LOVE Michael via Troy and am passionate about them and this community!

I have to admit though, it will take some re-calibration time for me now.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
Becca the Student
32 minutes ago, petra said:

@Becca the Student  Thank You so much for your understanding and all that you have said and shared, it helped "a lot"💖

I sooo LOVE Michael via Troy and am passionate about them and this community!

I have to admit though, it will take some re-calibration time for me now.

I'm so glad it helped.❤️ I've enjoyed many of your sessions and your contributions on here, and I can see both your love and enthusiasm for the teachings and the TLE community. I hope we'll see you around again, but please take whatever time you need to process your hurt. I hope knowing the hurt was caused unintentionally helps, too.

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1
SunSand

Please make a 'how to' guide. I am part of other study groups (not Micheal related) and the first thing they do for a newcomer is to make the essential 'how to' links and rules super obvious. They teach you how to check, cross reference your sources, and how to validate. It is the first thing you see and the first thing you will likely click on in their website. These guys are also very protective of their work especially since the subject matter has had much of it erased by oppressive powers throughout history. I have expected issues similar to what happened in this thread within said groups but surprised at how it generally doesnt because everyone is aware of the process. Anyone can refer back to the process if needed.

TLE community needs to agree upon a baseline, process, standard.. whatever. I dont think this is the first time this sort of thing happened here when someone becomes reactive and protective and the other person doesn't know why. People seem to have different standards

Edited by SunSand
Typo and clarity
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 3
  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
Troy
3 hours ago, SunSand said:

Please make a 'how to' guide. I am part of other study groups (not Micheal related) and the first thing they do for a newcomer is to make the essential 'how to' links and rules super obvious. They teach you how to check, cross reference your sources, and how to validate. It is the first thing you see and the first thing you will likely click on in their website.

I've only skimmed through the thread here, but this is a really good idea. I need to make this front and center as we are attracting more and more students. Thank you for this idea!

• LIKE/LOVE 8
Ingun
On 1/28/2021 at 6:15 AM, petra said:

I know I was clear about the "source of my post" plus asking the source about a time frame in the original post of mine, which Barbara may or not answer in a future to come.

I am absolutely astonished what has happened here on this thread, and I am also deeply saddened.

On another note @Ingun  Also I don't mind other channels info as long as it is clear who channeled it, and that it doesn't take up too much space. Links to other websites is sometimes more than enough, but sometimes it's nice to see it posted too.

WoW  how much space do you allow Ingun, and, links are more than enough, and mentioning Geraldine, WoW, this was not nice and unnecessary, you have sadly missed who I am and where I am coming from.

@Maureen  If you address me in a post beginning with @petra it is natural to assume the whole post is addressed to me.

I can only invite each one of you who responded to this thread, reading this whole thread again with your posts, and look at the original post.

WOW

@petra I'm sorry that my comment was taken personally. It was not ment like that at all. I was quoting @Maureen, and my commenting was to what Maureen shared, that's why I quoted her, and I read her comment as noted to new students, which she also later have made more clear by adding "@newstudents". I was not ment to you personally, nor was I commenting about the post you shared.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
Troy

TROY CHIMING IN: I've read through the thread and this may seem odd, but I am really happy with how the conflict has been navigated. Sure, it was unnecessary and didn't have to happen, but it did... and all of you navigated it as kindly and as authentically as possible, despite any defenses. Thank you for that. I mean, for what it's worth, thank you all immensely for that. And take some credit for yourselves for expressing yourselves but not being mean or spiraling into a chest thumping argument. We don't have many "fights" on TLE, but we are bound to have conflicts sometimes and if this is the worst it gets, we are doing very very well.

THAT BEING SAID...
YOU ARE WELCOME TO SHARE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING from other teachers, channels, religions, etc. for any reason you feel is relevant as long as they are credited and shared with context and even dated if possible. This is a community made up of people coming from all kinds of directions of religions, other channels, other teachings, etc. and I want students to be able to discuss correlations and connections across various teachings and teachers because that is part of validating the greater teaching that comes in many forms from many sources. [note to @petra: you were just fine in posting what you posted; you did nothing wrong]
YOU ARE WELCOME TO CRITICIZE, SCRUTINIZE, and REJECT ALL MATERIAL posted to TLE. Note that I said MATERIAL, not the person posting (unless the material is intentionally defending or promoting racism, bigotry, homophobia, etc, then smack that person down hard). [note to @Maureen: you were just fine in your scrutiny and rejection of the material; you did not attack anyone]

PLEASE READ CRITICISMS, SCRUTINY, and REJECTIONS of material in good faith.  That means always give people the benefit of the doubt. Let people have their own thoughts and feelings about the material. Most of the time, it is not about you. Sometimes it is hard not to express ourselves without hurting feelings or offending someone, but a messy conflict is not the same thing as intentionally harming someone. [note to everyone: thank you again for how well you navigated all of this, even if you didn't like it]

• LIKE/LOVE 16
  • THANK YOU! 2
Guest Janno
On 1/27/2021 at 6:07 PM, petra said:

Thank You Barbara!!!

Yes, thank you, Barbara! I'm so glad to see Barbara acknowledged here like this for her amazing work and contribution towards the M-community.

I would like to see more of the work of others being addressed with gratitude and respect rather than minimised or scoffed at just because it is someone other than Troy.

Thanks Petra for sharing Barbara's work.

🌹🙏

Troy
18 hours ago, Janno said:

I would like to see more of the work of others being addressed with gratitude and respect rather than minimised or scoffed at just because it is someone other than Troy.

Let me make something very clear: 

No one in this community is ever expected to greet any channeling, including my own, with “gratitude and respect.”

That kind of blind religious new age bullshit attitude is how QAnon got its hooks in the new age and wellness fields.

I would rather see all of you spiral into chaos of disagreements and anger than to see you favor syrupy smiles and disingenuous praises. 

Before any channeling gets your “gratitude and respect”, it should FIRST be able to withstand your scrutiny, scoffing, debate, discussion, validation, verification and credibility.

So while I encourage and invite the sharing of other teachers, channels, and channeling in this community, I also encourage people to use their brains and their doubt and their evolving standards.

I encourage students to not treat channeling or channels as being above reproach or criticism or even rejection.

No one has to be mean or hostile about it, but messy communication and awkward discussions are not the same things as mean and hostile. 

There are many long-time students here who have put in years of work in studying and validating and when they speak up about being mindful, or pointing out concerns with other sources of channeling, they are not minimizing it and scoffing because it’s not my channeling.  They are doing that because they have their own standards and concerns for any channeling and they know this is a safe place to voice those. 

Let’s try not to make a mess or hurt each other’s feelings when sharing concerns and preferences, but it’s better to be messy and get butt hurt than to be a Stepford New Age Wife. 

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 6
11 hours ago, Troy said:

blind religious new age ... attitude

LOL  🙂  the irony wasn't lost, even before this ❤️  Rock on, TLE. 

• LIKE/LOVE 1