Confirmation of the Harry Potter - Michael Teachings connection

Anirudh Ramachandran

Anirudh Ramachandran

I just had a session with Stephen Cocconi, and asked Michael through him about the Harry Potter - Michael Teachings connection.

They said that JK Rowling has never channelled them, but she has channelled a causal entity of Artisans and Sages, and they use a similar terminology for the 7 roles.

As far as they could see, I don't have any agreements with her, so I simply used my own discriminative and deductive skills to find the Michael Teachings through her clue in the Ilvermorny story.

The clue: It is sometimes said of the Ilvermorny houses that they represent the whole witch or wizard: the mind is represented by Horned Serpent; the body, Wampus; the heart, Pukwudgie and the soul, Thunderbird. Others say that Horned Serpent favours scholars, Wampus, warriors, Pukwudgie, healers and Thunderbird, adventurers.

Link to my earlier write-up: https://www.reddit.com/r/harrypotter/comments/enkix1/harry_potter_is_an_epic_thats_based_on_the/

Edited by Anirudh Ramachandran
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
Delphi
5 hours ago, Anirudh Ramachandran said:

I just had a session with Stephen Cocconi, and asked Michael through him about the Harry Potter - Michael Teachings connection.

They said that JK Rowling has never channelled them, but she has channelled a causal entity of Artisans and Sages, and they use a similar terminology for the 7 roles.

As far as they could see, I don't have any agreements with her, so I simply used my own discriminative and deductive skills to find the Michael Teachings through her clue in the Ilvermorny story.

The clue: It is sometimes said of the Ilvermorny houses that they represent the whole witch or wizard: the mind is represented by Horned Serpent; the body, Wampus; the heart, Pukwudgie and the soul, Thunderbird. Others say that Horned Serpent favours scholars, Wampus, warriors, Pukwudgie, healers and Thunderbird, adventurers.

Link to my earlier write-up: https://www.reddit.com/r/harrypotter/comments/enkix1/harry_potter_is_an_epic_thats_based_on_the/

awesome sleuth skills

• LIKE/LOVE 1
Christian
10 hours ago, Connor said:

Causal Entity of Artisans and Sages: Gender is a beautiful spectrum

JK Rowling: Ehhh

^^^this

All of this.

It really doesn't matter to me if it was based on the teachings or not.

The author behind it has revealed herself to be a bigot.  So, while I had no desire to engage with them before I has even less inclination to read them now.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
Anirudh Ramachandran
1 hour ago, Christian said:

^^^this

All of this.

It really doesn't matter to me if it was based on the teachings or not.

The author behind it has revealed herself to be a bigot.  So, while I had no desire to engage with them before I has even less inclination to read them now.

I agree she's a bigot.

Completely get that it doesn't matter to you whether it was based on the teachings or not.

But it matters to me, because I found MT through her work. That doesn't mean I excuse her bigotry.

• LIKE/LOVE 4
Anirudh Ramachandran
3 minutes ago, kees berg said:

What does bigotry mean, in this context? 

JK Rowling has stated multiple times on social media that gender is binary.

I'm not sure if she's stated anything that's overtly hateful towards trans people, but it's equivalent to saying that homosexuality is unnatural.

Delphi

I think some of what Michael’s said about fictional universes and characters taking on a life of their own, in the imaginations of the readers, applies here.

Edited by Delphi
  • LIKE/LOVE 3
kees berg

Ah ok, do not know so much about the writer. 

mostly saw the movies only as well.

But I read this reference about MT as well on reddit. 

Wondered for a while how it could be related.

• LIKE/LOVE 2
Christian
23 hours ago, Anirudh Ramachandran said:

I'm not sure if she's stated anything that's overtly hateful towards trans people, but it's equivalent to saying that homosexuality is unnatural.

Here's a list

Rowling is a TERF.  Trans exclusionary radical feminist.  She believes that trans women cannot be considered women.  She complains about bathrooms alot.  She has fear mongered the bigoted talking point of trans women are all either pedophiles trying to get to girls or are pervy men trying to violate women's spaces.

And it goes further than that.

Goblins in harry potter are an old racist sterotype for Jewish people. That particular image is medieval old. 

The talk of the house elves were literal talking points used to justify slavery. 

The ministry is systemic racism and classism in action and is never seriously questioned. And through that organization, Voldemort gains power twice. So what's the point?

And yet.

With all that.

The story is good enough that people have taken the creation and made it their own.  

Apparently, in the books there is a description of the stairs going to the girl's sleeping chamber which will turn to a slide if a boy touches it.  The same apparently doesn't happen on the boys stairs.  So first off sexist.

But.

I believe it was a tumblr post that someone created where a new student to Hogwarts currently presenting as male tries to climb the girl's stairs and they don't change.  They say under their breathe "I knew it". 

Many many people have gotten more from the universal themes of friendship and inclusion that they ignore or lately more openly acknowledge the bigotry in the books.  

Many people took strength to stand up for themselves or others when they see injustice and bigotry in action.

This is a good thing.

My wife bought the audio books and movies and physical books years before Rowling's bigotry became known. We will most likely not be supporting her through purchases of HP Merch again.

My wife loves the stories so do my kids.  I feel it gives us an opportunity to talk about many issues with them. And we have.

One of which is death of the author. 

Death of the author basically means that the author's personal beliefs, personality, etc. Should hold no special weight when evaluating thier work.  

This is what I believe @Anirudh Ramachandran is doing. It is a legitimate way to look at a text.

What does the text say.  Is what is being argued in the text?  

This works well for many authors. For some, it is made more difficult.

Lovecraft is the classic example. He was a racist, misogynist, and probably a hundred other -ists. And it is all over his work. 

It is bad enough that to avoid literal fights at academic Lovecraft conferences, they do not talk about the orangutan. 

I personally feel that Rowling has shot herself in the foot here by tweeting.  She is known as a control freak when it came to the movies and merch. And she kept trying to retcon things in the book or explain things that people asked her about. My understanding of the whole dumbledore is gay thing was because the text was unclear on it, so people tweeted to her asking about it.  She then said he was and now it's cannon.

Death of the author analysis would say does the text support it.  My understanding is the text does not.

Once Rowling went mask off on trans issues on Twitter.  It becomes much harder to ignore the issues on the books.  

@Anirudh Ramachandran analysis of Harry Potter and the Micheal teachings is a fine analysis.  It takes the text and makes connections to the teachings and derives meaning from that. 

Ultimately, that is all we can do with any work of art.

It can also be looked at as what Micheal has been telling us for decades.  

We are here to learn and to choose how to learn.

Rowling created a world that millions have derived meaning from. That meaning is often very personal to them and is a varied as humanity.

Like us Rowling is human.  Like us she is learning as well.  Through her work we learn about the power of friendship and love. How good people can fundamentally screw up for seemingly logical reasons, looking at you Dumbledore leaving a kid in an abusive household. How bigotry can be systemic. How fascism rises. How it takes everyone to stop it.

Rowling herself demonstrates how you can create something that puts good in the world. Yet, run face first in the brick wall of your own blind spots and then still not get it.

Does Rowling's documented bigotry change the meaning the individual has derived from the text?

Does it change further purchasing of HP Merch?

What does this change about engagement with HP communities online or in person?

These are questions for the individual.

We can choose to learn from Harry Potter as a work of art.  We can choose to learn from HP and Rowling.  We can choose to learn from everything around HP and Rowling warts and all.

That is mainly why this subject fascinated me so much.  I am not a fan of HP.  My wife is and my kids are. This is, to me, a shiny example of how someone with terrible personal views has created something that is meaningful to so many people. It is also a strong example of how the people have made it their own despite the creator's best efforts to control it.

It will be interesting in a future life to look back on this and see what society took away from it.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Edited by Christian
Clarity
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 6
1 hour ago, Christian said:

Rowling is a TERF.  Trans exclusionary radical feminist.  She believes that trans women cannot be considered women.  She complains about bathrooms alot.  She has fear mongered the bigoted talking point of trans women are all either pedophiles trying to get to girls or are pervy men trying to violate women's spaces.

This grieves me so, because Harry Potter got me through such a difficult time in my life. I love the books. I have a HUGE problem with their creator. I just can't with Rowling's transphobia and the Michaels, themselves, have said through Troy that "gender" is a Baby and Young soul way of ordering the world and has no real validity as a "truth." (I want to find that quote)

I want to be able to separate the art from its creator. @Connor had one of the most interesting entries ever on his blog, that fictional characters really do take on a life of their own, as a way for the Tao and essences to "explore" being without actually having to incarnate. (I thought of this when I read the Song of Ice and Fire series of books; Jaime Lannister starts out as a villain and then it's as if he takes on a life of his own and says "hey wait a minute, George, there's more to me than that!").

• LIKE/LOVE 11
1 hour ago, Crystal said:

This grieves me so, because Harry Potter got me through such a difficult time in my life. I love the books.

I was 5 years old when Book One came out, and I started reading a couple years later. I wasn't 11 years old yet, so there was a relatively brief period of time in my life when I was waiting for an owl to deliver my acceptance letter.

If you (and anyone else reading this) have not already, check out "Wizard People, Dear Reader" on youtube. It is fucking hilarious: 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
Anirudh Ramachandran
3 hours ago, Christian said:

Here's a list

And it goes further than that.

Goblins in harry potter are an old racist sterotype for Jewish people. That particular image is medieval old. 

The talk of the house elves were literal talking points used to justify slavery. 

The ministry is systemic racism and classism in action and is never seriously questioned. And through that organization, Voldemort gains power twice. So what's the point?

And yet.

With all that.

The story is good enough that people have taken the creation and made it their own.  

Apparently, in the books there is a description of the stairs going to the girl's sleeping chamber which will turn to a slide if a boy touches it.  The same apparently doesn't happen on the boys stairs.  So first off sexist.

But.

I believe it was a tumblr post that someone created where a new student to Hogwarts currently presenting as male tries to climb the girl's stairs and they don't change.  They say under their breathe "I knew it". 

Many many people have gotten more from the universal themes of friendship and inclusion that they ignore or lately more openly acknowledge the bigotry in the books.  

Many people took strength to stand up for themselves or others when they see injustice and bigotry in action.

This is a good thing.

My wife bought the audio books and movies and physical books years before Rowling's bigotry became known. We will most likely not be supporting her through purchases of HP Merch again.

My wife loves the stories so do my kids.  I feel it gives us an opportunity to talk about many issues with them. And we have.

One of which is death of the author. 

Death of the author basically means that the author's personal beliefs, personality, etc. Should hold no special weight when evaluating thier work.  

This is what I believe @Anirudh Ramachandran is doing. It is a legitimate way to look at a text.

What does the text say.  Is what is being argued in the text?  

This works well for many authors. For some, it is made more difficult.

Lovecraft is the classic example. He was a racist, misogynist, and probably a hundred other -ists. And it is all over his work. 

It is bad enough that to avoid literal fights at academic Lovecraft conferences, they do not talk about the orangutan. 

I personally feel that Rowling has shot herself in the foot here by tweeting.  She is known as a control freak when it came to the movies and merch. And she kept trying to retcon things in the book or explain things that people asked her about. My understanding of the whole dumbledore is gay thing was because the text was unclear on it, so people tweeted to her asking about it.  She then said he was and now it's cannon.

Death of the author analysis would say does the text support it.  My understanding is the text does not.

Once Rowling went mask off on trans issues on Twitter.  It becomes much harder to ignore the issues on the books.  

@Anirudh Ramachandran analysis of Harry Potter and the Micheal teachings is a fine analysis.  It takes the text and makes connections to the teachings and derives meaning from that. 

Ultimately, that is all we can do with any work of art.

It can also be looked at as what Micheal has been telling us for decades.  

We are here to learn and to choose how to learn.

Rowling created a world that millions have derived meaning from. That meaning is often very personal to them and is a varied as humanity.

Like us Rowling is human.  Like us she is learning as well.  Through her work we learn about the power of friendship and love. How good people can fundamentally screw up for seemingly logical reasons, looking at you Dumbledore leaving a kid in an abusive household. How bigotry can be systemic. How fascism rises. How it takes everyone to stop it.

Rowling herself demonstrates how you can create something that puts good in the world. Yet, run face first in the brick wall of your own blind spots and then still not get it.

Does Rowling's documented bigotry change the meaning the individual has derived from the text?

Does it change further purchasing of HP Merch?

What does this change about engagement with HP communities online or in person?

These are questions for the individual.

We can choose to learn from Harry Potter as a work of art.  We can choose to learn from HP and Rowling.  We can choose to learn from everything around HP and Rowling warts and all.

That is mainly why this subject fascinated me so much.  I am not a fan of HP.  My wife is and my kids are. This is, to me, a shiny example of how someone with terrible personal views has created something that is meaningful to so many people. It is also a strong example of how the people have made it their own despite the creator's best efforts to control it.

It will be interesting in a future life to look back on this and see what society took away from it.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Fantastic comment.

What I will say about JKR is that she appears to be Scholar cast. Scholars (I'm one myself) and Scholar casts tend to have their heads up their asses most of the time, in the sense that things need to make sense to us intellectually rather than just feel right. This is a weakness I've been working on for a few years. I've found that my mind is wrong and my intuition is correct nearly 100% of the time, but I still default to the habit of listening to my mind over my gut and face the consequences later.

Until I found the concepts of focused and creative energy ratios, I found it hard to wrap my head around the fact that gender is a spectrum, because the science behind it seemed very vague. But my intuition told me that thousands of people wouldn't feel marginalized or be driven to suicide unless there was something fundamental behind it. It's a luxury to be in a situation like mine, where my male and female ratios are nearly equal.

I used to think JKR meant well, but she just had her head up her ass like most Scholarly people. She would quote research studies on her Twitter that talked about how gender is binary and so forth.

But if she channelled the wizarding world through a causal entity, there's no way she doesn't know about energy ratios. At this point, she's only in the negative pole of Stubbornness, and has refused to grow past it.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

1 hour ago, Anirudh Ramachandran said:

Until I found the concepts of focused and creative energy ratios, I found it hard to wrap my head around the fact that gender is a spectrum

well...I think energy ratio and gender identity are very different things. Gender is "defined by a number of factors from chemistry to culture to choice". Many high creative energy Essences in male bodies and high focus energy essences in female bodies are comfortably heterosexual and identify with the biological sex they were born into. The same can be said about people who do not identify with their biological sex, it doesn't always have to do with energy ratio of the essences.

The best explanation from Michael on gender, sex and energy ratio can be found here :

I used to take sociology classes, I remember the professors were always clear about the differences between sex and gender, similar to how Michael indicated in this article. Gender identity is also different from sex orientation.   

Edited by Cong
  • LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 5
Anirudh Ramachandran
1 hour ago, Cong said:

well...I think energy ratio and gender identity are very different things. Gender is "defined by a number of factors from chemistry to culture to choice". Many high creative energy Essences in male bodies and high focus energy essences in female bodies are comfortably heterosexual and identify with the biological sex they were born into. The same can be said about people who do not identify with their biological sex, it doesn't always have to do with energy ratio of the essences.

The best explanation from Michael on gender, sex and energy ratio can be found here :

I used to take sociology classes, I remember the professors were always clear about the differences between sex and gender, similar to how Michael indicated in this article. Gender identity is also different from sex orientation.   

Thank you for the link. It's very detailed and informative.

I need to clarify though. I didn't mean to state that energy ratio and gender are the same thing. I only meant that the concept of energy ratio gave me a framework for understanding how gender is a spectrum. I did realize that there were other factors that went into it, but I didn't study them deeply, and didn't want to make statements about those factors.

Edited by Anirudh Ramachandran
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
KurtisM

@Anirudh Ramachandran

There are two things that helped me realize gender is a spectrum:

One: Gender Archetypes. Which I love. People have tied them to the Greek Gods and Goddesses, and from there it's easy to extrapolate non-binary terms.

Two: Yin Yang. Once I understood this, the idea of gender identity and expression made sense to me.

I would say a third thing is experience. If you have a gender non-conforming friend and ask them questions about it with the intent to learn, it becomes easier to accept as a reality.

I myself have never felt any need to not conform to the male gender. Though then again, Ive never experienced it as conformity in the first place.

However I have experienced societal expectations from not being a stereotypical guy, but that never made me disconnect or reject or detatch from being one.

Though, all the questionnaires online about encouraging everyone to question their gender have made me realize that standardizing traits according to a gender doesn't work.

For instance, one could say they like being female cause they like having big hips, or can only be feminine because of their hips. But guys can have big hips too and like them as a part of their masculinity.

One could say they like being male because they enjoy being the one that does all the work to provide for the family, but women can do that too.

One can say they like being male for having facial hair, and while it's true women tend to have less facial hair, some women can still have it and in fact can be hairier than some guys even.

In the end the point of the questionnaires isn't to make you detach from everything, but to realize how you want to best express and feel comfortable in yourself.

So I think gender evolves in the Mature/Old World into pure unadulterated self-acceptance.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 2

Thank you, @Cong, that is the article I was looking for!

I am a high-frequency (82) high creative energy Artisan in a female body and I call myself a “cis woman” and am fine with that. I really do think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that my energy, creative vs. focused energy, and Role all align nicely with what is regarded as “the female gender” in my culture. (With some exceptions! I’m not nurturing and I don’t like or want kids.) I might feel differently if I was in a different culture or had a different combination of Role and energy, etc.

Any study of anthropology can tell you that there is so very much variation in what is “gender” and how it ties in, or not, to biological sex assigned at birth, and what kind of attributes go with which gender. Even in a patriarchal culture such as 17th Century France, Louis XIV wore red high heels, jewelry, brocade and perfume to beat the band. (The Yarbro channeling said he was a Mature Sage.)

Edited by Crystal
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

I am happily middle, middle, middle. That is, Scholar cast Scholar (trying to extricate my head from my arse with varying levels of success but I am frequently checking locations lol) with 40 frequency and 50 male and 50 female energy. I am lesbian, and kind of at the moment, I am male/androgynous presenting. Androgyny is my comfort zone. My Mum liked to female present me with skirts/dresses, but those are not my comfort zone, I feel like I am in drag wearing dresses or skirts, at the moment. I do have a huge fabric collection, and I have some amazing skirts, and two dresses. I just feel better and more me in trousers/shorts/tailored clothes rather than a la Stevie Nicks. She is beautiful, but I will leave that to her.

Also - I find it hard to separate the art from the artist as one comes from the other, but I agree it can be done. I just don't like to separate the art from the artist, but at different times in my life I have made choices that fit me at the time that I later reviewed and chose differently, but we are all learning at different speeds. There are hardly any new crimes by the time you get to the old soul age...

Edited by AnnaD
  • LIKE/LOVE 10

I think that separating the art from the artist is a lot more feasible when the artist is dead or otherwise divested from their creation. JKR is very much alive, DEEPLY invested in her work (to a degree rarely seen even among the most famous authors), and actively using the platform provided by that investment to harm trans people. 

As it is now, to purchase HP-related anything is to ultimately give material support to her views, which is especially terrible since many trans people (among innumerable others) have found solace and inspiration in that world. HP fans who do not share her views would no doubt be quite happy to "let the author die," as it were, but the material reality of the situation makes that impossible without, I don't know, pirating the books or something.

All that said, I do think the parallel between wizarding houses and Roles is an apt one, and I can see how that would lead one to discovering MT.  I myself have found similar spiritual insight in fictional works that you might not expect. The life cycle of the symbiotic Trill species in Star Trek is remarkably similar to the Essence/personality dynamic in MT, and some of the most impactful mystical literature I've ever read is essentially background lore for a video game series (The Elder Scrolls, namely).

Edited by Sam K
  • LIKE/LOVE 6