Michael Teachings for dummies

Jean-François Lozevis

It's pretty hard to enter the MT world. For me, the beginning was the reading of "personality types" of Elizabeth Puttick the only MT book translated in French. Then I discovered Michael Teachings Site and its forum. Then I made a chart with Shepherd Hoodwin and bought several English books on MT.

But it's almost impossible to tell other persons about MT. I always said: it's my main belief system but it's too hard to explain to you because there's so much to say.

So the question is: is there somewhere a "Michael Teachings for dummies" book or a one-page description of MT?

I made a little article in French about MT for other people: http://jlozevis.free.fr/michael_teachings.php but I wonder if it's really right.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

2 hours ago, Jean-François Lozevis said:

So the question is: is there somewhere a "Michael Teachings for dummies" book or a one-page description of MT?

I think sharing personal stories can help draw people in. Or, at least explain what you see in this teaching.

For example, you heard on the street the term "old soul", googled it, and that is how you found Michael.

Or, you wanted to have a more intellectual approach to reincarnation, but your current religion/philosophy did not give you enough answer, so you started to search for your answer, etc.

Once you found an answer to long-searched questions, you are more willing to look into that teaching/ philosophy because you feel that it can give you more answers and insight.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1

@Jean-François Lozevis I agree. It's impossible to explain the Michael Teachings to someone else, so I stopped trying.

I'll give you some background because it's relevant.

I used to be an atheist with a strong affinity to and interest in Indian culture, philosophy, religion, and history until I found Michael. I had a past life regression session with Shepherd Hoodwin recently, and found that I've spent nearly 40 lives studying spirituality and philosophy in India, and 2 lives studying Shintoism in Japan. It looks like that was the biggest focus of my Mature Soul age.

Before finding Michael, I had an academic interest in Hinduism, but I was drawn a lot more to the Tipitaka Suttas (Theravada Buddhism), Vajrayana (Tibetan Buddhism as practiced by the Dalai Lama), and the Agama Sutras (Jainism). These systems are a lot more straightforward, and don't carry the baggage of the caste system, which is one of the most abhorrent and morally repugnant practices of humanity alongside slavery and genocide.

After finding Michael, I was immediately able to see that the core of the teachings mapped with what I had read in the Upanishads and Yogic scriptures, and the caste system's categories had something to do with either roles or soul age. I quickly lost interest in everything else and narrowed my focus to MT and Hinduism.

I have since written a ton of posts on TLE correlating MT with Hinduism, which is my family's religion and culture. Some of my relatives are priests and others study Sanskrit full time in retirement. Reincarnation is a big part of our culture and a core tenet of every major religion that originated in India (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism).

And yet, when I encourage other people (including my Yoga Guru) who share my background to explore MT, they look at me like I'm crazy. I literally showed them the seven roles and five soul ages in the theology and language of their own belief system, and it wasn't good enough. They think I'm naive because my beliefs completely changed over a period of 12 months after reading "a few good arguments".

My wife was recently channeled by Troy as a fellow C1E3 fragment, and he thinks she may be my cadence mate. That means she's definitely one of Michael's students. She's accepting of my belief in MT but doesn't share it, and has no interest in learning about any of this stuff as of now.

If I can't convince her, I can't convince anyone.

Focus on brightening your own inner light. If they see that this system has changed you for the better and given you genuine growth, they may become interested.

Edited by Anirudh Ramachandran
  • LIKE/LOVE 13

24 minutes ago, Anirudh Ramachandran said:

Focus on brightening your own inner light. If they see that this system has changed you for the better and given you genuine growth, they may become interested.

Yes, I would agree. If you find some growth and peace with the Michael Teachings you will hopefully influence those around you. People live their lives and get through their internal monads without knowing anything about the Michael Teachings.

Most people aren't interested. You can watch their eyes glaze over.

Not everyone believes in reincarnation. A few people I know believe adamantly that there is nothing for us after we die - we live, we die. Others of course (my late mother, an older sister) can't get past their imprinting and think you're dealing with "Black Magic".

Everyone has their own belief system and I'm not sure its a good idea to mess with another's belief system.

My late father-in-law told me when we first met that he knew me from somewhere (essence recognition). We of course have had many lives together. He was an old soul and an entity mate. If he were alive today and I could speak to him about the teachings I am sure he wouldn't be interested.

The only close friend and/or family member I can speak to is my old soul sister, Maureen. Technically, many of my friends and family are Micheal Students because they are in C1. Some are old souls, some are younger souls and that's not their focus for this lifetime.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

20 minutes ago, Diane said:

Yes, I would agree. If you find some growth and peace with the Michael Teachings you will hopefully influence those around you. People live their lives and get through their internal monads without knowing anything about the Michael Teachings.

I also agree. I've spoken to relatively few people about the Michael Teachings. My ex is one, and he is honestly interested, though his MS makes it hard for him to comprehend a lot, so I have to give it to him in tiny doses. Still, he's gotten enough of it that he is able to recognize that he likely has some kind of past life connection with one of his friends, and is pretty sure he shared a past life with her daughter. He was even able to recognize what he thinks may have been a couple of past-life dreams. I'd encourage him to join TLE, but his comprehension issues and the sheer volume of information here would be overwhelming to him, so for now I'm relaying his questions.

My middle brother is another person who might be able to accept the Michael Teachings, but our homes are so remote from each other that I haven't had much chance to talk to him in person for years, and I don't want to approach this by phone. My older cousin who I thought might be open to the Michael Teachings has shown little to no interest, and is quite happy with her Christian beliefs (she's an honest Christian, not like those who profess the faith but don't live it). My youngest brother would proselytize at me in fear for my soul, and I wouldn't even approach my eldest brother with it (he's kinda crazy anyway). I've asked for profiles for all three brothers, though, to see if they will help me navigate our relationships.

Other than that, I rarely mention it. I quote Michael on Facebook occasionally; no one yet has asked me who Michael is, and that works for me.

• LIKE/LOVE 11

• ARTISAN

I once asked Michael for an "elevator speech" about their Teachings. You know, what you can say to a person when you only have an elevator ride to get their interest. 

I just looked for the details of what they said and realized I never have posted it. So, I just posted it: The Michael "Elevator Speech".

TeamTLE is well aware that this site is not organized very well for newbies. There ARE books out there, and I've read all of them, although none of them are new, and none of them are perfect. My introduction, and the one I still refer people to, was "Messages from Michael" by Chelsea Yarbro. I like the way it explains the basics while cautiously stepping the reader through how those basics were received. Yet, it's almost embarrassing to refer to that book because the style is so 1970s/1980s.

This is why we encouraged Troy to write a primer to go with the books of TLE content we began preparing for publication. Sadly, the primer is on hold, but we are looking at adding primer-level material to introduce sections of the book that is closest to "publication ready." And, probably because of work on these books, TeamTLE has talked about the need to reorganize this site so that it's easier for newbies to find things without having to know basic terms that they can search for. 

We'd ask for help, but we don't yet know the bare minimum plans -- I'd ask everyone to think about what YOU think "new" students should know. (Of course, there are very few "new" students: just those who are "new" to Michael in this lifetime). Maybe we'll be back to ask for input from everyone.

6 hours ago, Jean-François Lozevis said:

I made a little article in French about MT for other people: http://jlozevis.free.fr/michael_teachings.php but I wonder if it's really right.

I read some of the English translation, and here's the thing: what you learn is what you teach. And what you teach, you learn better.

You have explained what you know in the way it makes sense to you, and with a priority that makes sense to you. I think if you keep learning and keep revamping your material as you go, it doesn't matter in the end if it's "really right" -- it matters that this is your understanding of what Michael says. Can you apply what you've learned? 

This is such a useful exercise because at the points where you're not sure about something, you can go search for more information. And if you can't find more information, then you can schedule a session (or maybe participate in a public Q&A) and ask Michael for clarification yourself. 

One thing you might consider: perhaps pull down an English translation of what you wrote and post it as a forum topic or blog entry here on TLE. This will allow everyone here to read it in the language most common to most of us AND fully discuss and/or critique what you've written. The exercise likely would benefit more than just yourself. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1

19 hours ago, Ingun said:

For anyone speaking French that hasn't yet seen this

Thanks a lot. I put a link on my French MT article towards your link. And I changed the terminology "trait" by "attribut".

• LIKE/LOVE 3