Still Here- A Reminder of our Resiliency

RachelL

This beautiful song by Kllo always seems to remind me of my resiliency. There is a power in acknowledging, "I'm still here." 

I need to hold onto this resiliency, especially after the unexpected news today of my mother's passing. It was a long battle with Multiple Sclerosis. After my grandmother, she was the person I was the closest with. Words cannot say how much I will miss this strong, optimistic woman who raised me on her own and kept working for years after her diagnosis. 

I also think this song is very fitting for everything we've been through this past year. Although I may not post that much anymore, I just want to say that I love this community and I hope everyone is doing well. ❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 10
  • SAD 19
  • PRIEST
Maureen

Oh, @RachelL, I’m so sorry. Sending you the warmest love to wrap around you, close. 💞

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1
Juni

Here is another song for you-it's one of my go tos when grieving: 
He wrote it in memory of his brother who passed suddenly. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
Jeroen

@RachelL I am saddened to hear about your mother's passing. Here is a big hug for you. I will keep you in my thoughts.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
Nadine

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, Rachel. I hope you have a lot of fond and fun memories to remember during your grieving process. Sending you a big hug! 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1
petra

@RachelL  So sorry for your loss,

There is nothing I can give you which you have not; But there is much, very much, that while I cannot give it, you can take.

Nothing can come to us unless our hearts find rest in today. No peace lies in the future which is not hidden in this present instant. Take peace!

The gloom of the world is but a shadow. Behind it, yet within reach, is joy. There is radiance and glory in the darkness; could we but see; and to see, we have to look. I beseech you look.

Life is so generous a giver, but we, judging its gifts by their covering, cast them away as ugly, or heavy, or hard.

Remove the covering, and you will find beneath it a living splendor, woven by love, by wisdom, with power.

Welcome it, grasp it, and touch the hand that brings it to you. Everything we call a trial, a sorrow, or a duty, that hand is there; the gift is there, and the wonder of an overshadowing presence.

Our joys too: be not content with them as joys. They, too, conceal deeper gifts.

And so at this time, I greet You.

Not quite as the world sends greetings, but with profound esteem and that for You now and forever, the day breaks, and the shadows flee away.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • WARRIOR
Uma

Adding my condolences here for your loss, Rachel. Hugs and love to you.

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
Connie Stansell-Foy

@RachelL, you have my deepest condolences. Multiple sclerosis is a terrible disease that can steal our loved ones slowly or suddenly. I'm watching my ex slowly decline mentally and physically from the same disease.

Grief is such a personal process. Sending love and support for however you best process your loss. <<hugs>>

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
RachelL

Thank you so much, @avi, @Nadine, @Bobby, @petra- (such wise words that I need to digest), @Diane, @Bogi, @Wendy, @Uma & @Connie Stansell-Foy -(so sorry about your ex). I am overwhelmed by the support. You make me feel much less alone after having lost the two most important people in my life . I know it may have been a bit off-topic to share my loss here on this site, but this community felt like the best place I could turn to- you all are like family to me. I am sending loving thoughts to all of you. I wish I could repay your kindness. 

Forever grateful,

Rachel 

• LIKE/LOVE 9
Heidi

So sorry for your loss, @RachelL. I can't imagine losing two people that close to me in such a short amount of time. I hope you're doing okay and know your TLE family loves you!

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
Rosario

((((( @RachelL ))))) my dear,  I'm so sorry. I'm sending you the warmest hugs and healing energy. I trust you will find the peace, strength and relief to smile fully again. You have two shining stars above you that will guide you and remind you how much you are loved. Forever ❤️ 

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1
DianeHB

I'm so sorry for your loss, @RachelL. Sounds like you and your mother and grandmother had beautiful relationships. Sending you much love. 💗

• LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
WolfAmethyst

Epitaph
By Merrit Malloy

When I die
Give what’s left of me away
To children
And old men that wait to die.

And if you need to cry,
Cry for your brother
Walking the street beside you.