Timothy J Sullivan

Pfzir first shot on Sunday the 11th of April at 9:00 AM in North Vancouver, no waiting. Mild aftershot symptoms, arm a little sore for a while that's all. Remembering that getting the shot PROTECTS OTHERS as well as yourself.

• LIKE/LOVE 12
  • THANK YOU! 1
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Connie Stansell-Foy

• AnnaD

• Juni

• Marigold

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got my first vaccination recently and made me wonder who else has received their vaccination, either in part of full.   Let us know:   if you have received yours where yo

LOL, I do think this is particularly funny that you are laissez-faire about dying, but express fear of the very unlikelihood of metaphorically being burned at the stake but no concerns about the very

I'm in Providence, Rhode Island, which is apparently doing a very good job of running its vaccination program. I'm not yet eligible, as I'm 48 and have no comorbidities. My doctor tells me she thinks

Posted Images

Wendy

I got my second Moderna shot 2 days ago.  Arm soreness was less than the first shot.  I felt kinda yucky yesterday but really it could have been just normal yuckiness.   I had no appetite and ate very little yesterday though.  My stomach hurt because I was so hungry but I still couldn't eat and I got into bed early.  I woke up today feeling raring to go (something I can't remember feeling in ages) but after an hour up that was gone too LOL. 

@Leela Corman I'm so glad you got your shot finally!  I was also moved by the experience.  As I sat during my 15 minute waiting period I felt a wave of happiness come over me.  I'm really glad I went to a mass vaccination site and got to see the operation, all of which made me feel very hopeful. 

On Tuesday I am flying up to Providence to see my family in Cape Cod.  It's been almost 1 1/2 years since I've seen my mother, and even longer since I've seen my nieces who live in Israel.   Since my mother had such a big health scare last month no one wanted to wait until her 90th birthday this summer.  I am extremely anxious about being in close quarters even though I don't think I am at risk Covid-wise.  I always thought of myself as a people person but wow this past year has really changed me.  I wonder if I will ever want to be around many people again. 

• LIKE/LOVE 14
Leela Corman

@Wendy Yeah, that 15 minute waiting period was a nice time to look around and reflect on everyone there. Also, the end time of mine was 4:33, which is also the title of John Cage's famous/infamous silent composition, so I felt like that was a good gag from the universe.

• LIKE/LOVE 13
  • THANK YOU! 1
Connie Stansell-Foy

My ex came down today, and we went to Costco - we're both fully vaccinated, but we still wore masks, of course. After we came home and put his frozen stuff in my freezer, we went out to eat. Restaurants are open here at 50% capacity, but most of them are still requiring masks when you enter and up until your food is served. All was well until one specific customer came in. First off, he wasn't wearing his mask properly; it barely covered his mouth, and his nose was not covered at all. Then when he was seated and had ordered his food, he told the waitress he was expecting a friend to join him. Then he turned on his music SO LOUD that Richard and I couldn't hear to talk to each other. We considered asking for a different table, if one was available on the other side of the restaurant.

Then his friend arrived. No mask, bullied his way past the waitress who tried to insist he go put one on, saying his friend had a mask. He goes and sits at the table. Well yes, his friend did have a mask - the one he was wearing incorrectly! At least the first guy turned the music off. The waitress confronted the second man, saying they EACH had to have a mask, that it was corporate policy, and she could NOT make an exception. He yelled, cussed, complained, but she stood firm. Both of them left. I bet that guy thought he won.

HOWEVER, I tipped her 30% (ish, I didn't calculate it out), and Richard gave her a glowing review. AND she told us that because the first guy had ordered a salad, they had gone ahead and made it, and since they left without eating, she now had a free lunch. She was pretty happy. The confrontational guy apparently didn't ruin her day at all, but I thought she deserved every penny of the tip I left. 🥗🍴

• LIKE/LOVE 14
  • THANK YOU! 3
Jeroen
On 4/14/2021 at 11:15 AM, Becca the Student said:

I also had a little chat with my body during the 15 minute wait period post-shot, encouraging it to do whatever it needs to in order to make the vaccine most effective and letting it know I wasn't going to get in its way. I have no idea if that did anything, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to make sure we were all on the same page. XD

That is interesting that you mentioned doing that. I did something similar before both of my shots. I visualized and spoke to the cells in my body letting them know about the upcoming vaccine and its intent.

• LIKE/LOVE 18
DianeHB

I just got my first shot! I was scheduled for next Thursday, but we were walking around Green Lake near our house when we came across the fire department giving out their extra Moderna doses. My next shot is scheduled in a month. I know most of us in the US are getting our shots now, but I’m still so excited that it’s my turn!!

D6C7CA05-A999-4E92-8B4B-AF0E8B14C96F.jpeg

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 17
  • THANK YOU! 1
Kasia

Got my first dose of Pfizer at a mass vaccination site very efficiently run by the Illinois National Guard on Friday and want to thank @Becca the Student and @Jeroen for suggesting having a heart to heart with my body beforehand. Rather than the run down feeling I was expecting, I actually got a boost in energy and ended up decluttering the house and garage until well after midnight. I had muscle pain at the injection site very similar to DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness after working out), but it was gone within 24 hours, and the lifting and moving things even helped relieve it. Three days on, and I feel great.

Imperfect though they may be, I am so incredibly grateful for medicine and all the people who contributed to making this a reality. 🙏 I am well aware other countries aren't as lucky.

Edited by Kasia
  • LIKE/LOVE 18
  • THANK YOU! 1
AnnH
On 4/18/2021 at 10:26 PM, Kasia said:

Got my first dose of Pfizer at a mass vaccination site very efficiently run by the Illinois National Guard on Friday and want to thank @Becca the Student and @Jeroen for suggesting having a heart to heart with my body beforehand. Rather than the run down feeling I was expecting, I actually got a boost in energy and ended up decluttering the house and garage until well after midnight. I had muscle pain at the injection site very similar to DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness after working out), but it was gone within 24 hours, and the lifting and moving things even helped relieve it. Three days on, and I feel great.

Imperfect though they may be, I am so incredibly grateful for medicine and all the people who contributed to making this a reality. 🙏 I am well aware other countries aren't as lucky.

I went to the United Center here in Chicago for mine. It was incredibly well-run. Such gratitude for all the hard work so many have put into this vaccine and caring for others. I had not reaction except a little tiredness. And relief.

• LIKE/LOVE 14
Eric

Second Pfizer round today. Only five hours in right now. So far pretty much the same as the first...arm soreness has set in and I may get some fatigue shortly. Took tomorrow off of work just to be safe. We'll see how it goes! I've got a sunny rock picked out if I turn into a lizard and some selections to binge-watch in case the 5G kicks in. 😛

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • LOL 6
JohnM

Wow!  Very nice to read all these posts.  The stories shared here are uplifting.   I got my 2nd dose of Pfizer on April 2nd - so I am now past the two week mark and fully vaccinated.  Very happy and grateful.   I had a cloudy-headed feeling and sore arm after each shot, more so after the 2nd shot, but each of the side-effects only lasted a few hours -so overall, I would say not bad at all.   Hope everyone here also has a good experience and stays healthy.   I continue to try and find the sliver lining in all of this.

• LIKE/LOVE 11
  • THANK YOU! 1
AnnaD

I had my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine and I was dreading the symptoms but nothing noticeable happened. 

I was able to work through with my assignments and I had no discernable fever, or snottiness, or anything else. 

I feel incredibly lucky and very grateful that I have received it. 

• LIKE/LOVE 10
Eclair

I've been trying to find a vaxx appointment, and last two days ago I finally got my first Pfizer shot, and I made an appointment for the second. So happy! My arm was a little sore, and I might have been a little more tired than usual, but that's all I noticed. 

A friend recommended homeopathics Ledum palustre (not sure what for), Thuja occidentalis - for punctures, and Belladonna - for fever (I think), all 30c, on hand. I muscle tested after the shot to see if any would be good to take. I also took Rescue Remedy before and after. If they didn't help, they didn't hurt either. We'll see what the 2nd dose brings.

I had a physical scheduled, and had to skip the mammogram, sometimes the lymph nodes in the armpit react temporarily to the shots. They recommend not having a mammogram until at least 6 weeks after the 2nd shot. I haven't seen this info before, although I haven't read this whole thread. I'm a Server cast Scholar, so you know I had to share what might be good info to have! 

Best of luck to all finding and getting the vaxx!

• LIKE/LOVE 11
Allison

Had my first Moderna shot on April 1 and scheduled for my second next week on April 29. Super easy and efficient process. Grateful that my parents and my husband's parents are all fully vaxxed, and now my son has had his first dose as well. 

I just read that here in California we have the lowest rate of cases in the whole continental US (with only Hawaii being lower). It actually feels like we are getting back to normal here and I can go out and about without fear. ❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 12
luluaussi

Had my second pfizer on the 20th, A wee bit more of a reaction than with the first, but my immune system is down right now . I lost my mother to the grief of losing her husband of 61 years to Covid. Patricia Sunseri fifth mature scholar decided to join her husband of 61 years on the 365th day of her 84th year. 
Together once more...Patricia Hofstad Sunseri 18 April 1936 ~ 17 April 2021. Settenno Sunseri 28 July 1931~ 17 December 2021 There is love and there is *LOVE* . 10:40 AM....They married 3 months after my first tremendous loss, my grandfather who was my ET , Dad * chose* me as his daughter and we always celebrated 4 December as “our” wedding day. Although I didn’t “see“ him for the 61st I was with my mom and he at the facility were 13 days later they killed him with covid. The littlegirl sadness in this photo was real, still is...

EF0C0EF0-080B-4648-8743-3A00A7121ECF.jpeg

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • SAD 8
RachelL

Done with the dreaded 2nd dose 🎉 Had some chills starting a couple of hours after the shot yesterday. Then, the aches and feverishness really started to take hold right before my nightly shower. Later, I was lying in bed in a weird semi-awake fever dream, feeling as though I was on the verge of Astral Projecting. I was kind of disappointed nothing happened since conditions were perfect for it LOL. As I was struggling to roll over in bed, wearing my mother's old nightgown, I had a flashback to when she would have reactions to her MS injections. I finally understood how she probably felt at those times. This was a first for me, experiencing this kind of achiness and difficulty in mobility. Luckily, this had passed by morning, with just some tiredness left. I know that these symptoms are nothing compared to what it would be like to have Covid. Though I may have recounted my experience in dramatic Sage-like fashion, I still have much gratitude for having had the chance to be vaccinated.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1
Eric

"Feeling cold-blooded, might eat flies later, I dunno..." 😛
176207033_10111475572537680_3471241163537841_n.jpg

Lol, but in seriousness it's been over a day now. The arm soreness has started to subside and apart from some stiffness and fatigue (which may not even be vaccine related), no real reactions to report. Now to let the immunity build up the next two weeks or so. 🙂

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
Marigold

I got my first dose on Monday at my GP's office. My GP called my mom (because I never got round to giving my phone number) and told her that there was a Moderna vaccine for me. After some of the cases with blood clots associated with AstraZeneca, it is no longer recommended for women under 60. It is allowed but ''with caution'' so an mRNA vaccine was considered more appropriate for my age.  And it is only just now that we are getting a little bit more of those types of vaccines, they were not common, as I've said in my previous posts in this thread. 

The other way you could get your vaccine until now  (and it's still the main way)  is with what here are referred to as ''green corridors''.  Standing in long lines for hours in front of some hospitals to get your shot until they run out. And for the most part there would be no social distancing.

I read online the ingredients of the vaccine and I'm not too happy that there is polyethylene glycol (PEG) as it could be contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogen. PEGs are also in many (although not all) personal care products too like shampoos, toothpaste, hand washes, etc and I don't mind it that much there but you are getting this injected, not just putting it on your skin for a short while. I do realize why it's used in the vaccine (to protect the mRNA), I just really hope this ingredient is well-purified.

My next dose is supposed to be on 26th May. I also expect it to be the rougher one but I hope it won't be too rough. I'd be fine with just flu-like symptoms. Youtube is showing me some scary paralysis news segments about women after their second or first doses but the truth is that with so many vaccines administered in the world already, there will be some people who recive extremely rare and serious complications not seen in the trials. I hope these get investigated in the future.

Meanwhile, I'm telling my body and cells to respond to the vaccine in an appropriate way and not screw things up.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
Crystal

Team Pfizer checking in! I got my second dose yesterday. So far, sore arm, slight fever, feeling a bit under the weather, but nothing really serious. I made sure I had clean sheets and jammies and the cats were stocked up on food and had clean litter boxes. 

Hooray for Immunity! RNA’d and it feels so good!

• LIKE/LOVE 7
Kasia

I came across an article by the excellent Dr. Jen Gunter about how little research has been done about the COVID-19 vaccine and its potential effects on menstrual cycles, so if you are a menstruating or formerly menstruating person and as frustrated by medicine continuously skipping over something so important as I am, there's a voluntary research study you can take part in. It's online and takes about 15-20 minutes.

Why is this important?

"This research study is about your experiences with your period or other menstrual bleeding (such as 'spotting') and associated symptoms after receiving at least one dose of a vaccine for COVID-19. Side effects are a common and even important element of the vaccine response, and bleeding patterns can be an important way to understand how our immune systems are activated."

And as Dr. Jen pointed out, this stuff isn't tracked. 🤦‍♀️

Study link to help change that: https://redcap.healthinstitute.illinois.edu/surveys/index.php?s=LL8TKKC8DP

• LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 4
  • PRIEST
Maureen
1 hour ago, Kasia said:

I came across an article by the excellent Dr. Jen Gunter about how little research has been done about the COVID-19 vaccine and its potential effects on menstrual cycles, so if you are a menstruating or formerly menstruating person and as frustrated by medicine continuously skipping over something so important as I am, there's a voluntary research study you can take part in. It's online and takes about 15-20 minutes.

Why is this important?

"This research study is about your experiences with your period or other menstrual bleeding (such as 'spotting') and associated symptoms after receiving at least one dose of a vaccine for COVID-19. Side effects are a common and even important element of the vaccine response, and bleeding patterns can be an important way to understand how our immune systems are activated."

And as Dr. Jen pointed out, this stuff isn't tracked. 🤦‍♀️

Study link to help change that: https://redcap.healthinstitute.illinois.edu/surveys/index.php?s=LL8TKKC8DP

Thanks @Kasia!! Women's health is often overlooked. Even with medication dosing they account for women and men differently. 60 Minutes had a great segment on it in 2014.

Sex matters: New focus on health differences for men and women

"60 Minutes" correspondent Lesley Stahl reports on the surprising differences between men and women and medicine. Then, Dr. Paula Johnson, professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, talks to the "CBS This Morning" co-hosts about the report and the consequences for women. For more on gender differences in Medicine, visit the website for the Connors Center for Women's Health and Gender Biology. FEB 10, 2014

• LIKE/LOVE 7
Becca the Student

@Marigold I wouldn't trust youtube about side effects. 😉 I haven't heard anything about paralysis as a side effect, but after reading your post I just asked a bunch of my doctor friends and family about it, and it was genuinely the first they'd heard of it. If that was an honest risk, you'd be hearing about it everywhere -- just look at how the J&J vaccine was immediately paused in order to make an informed decision about the blood clot risk, after only five women experienced the symptom out of millions. I'm not trying to dismiss you, just trying to ease your fears.

That said, it doesn't hurt to have a chat with your body! 🙂

Edited by Becca the Student
  • LIKE/LOVE 9
Patty

@Marigold I had my second Moderna shot 3 weeks ago today and had no side effects at all. My arm was barely sore. It was much easier than the first shot! Of course, every body is different, but I hope that gives you some reassurance. 

While I didn’t have a conversation with my body before hand (couldn’t hurt), I did rearrange my schedule to have an couple of easy days post shot - I like to think that giving my body space to incorporate the vaccine took some of the pressure off. I also drank a couple of extra glasses of water, which I think @Becca the Student suggested as well. On a whim, I took a garlic capsule everyday, but who knows if that had any impact 😂

All that’s to say, I think you’ll be fine. But keep us posted anyway. 

Edited by Patty
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
Marigold

@Kasia, thanks for bringing up the issue with lack of studies done on the potential effects on menstruation, this is really important. I was researching this before getting my shot too.

@Becca the Student, I don't use random videos and sources to inform myself, don't worry. 😄 I'm not one of ''those'' people. I always prefer evidence-based and reliable, official sources and base on that my decisions.

At the same time there is always a ''what if'' at the back of my mind and I acknowledge that there is still more to be known. This doesn't negate or make meaningless what I already do know.

Anyway, so far from what I have seen,  the current vaccines do seem to have a good safety profile in terms of side effects.

My mom is still not allowed any of them by her oncologist doctors though😢.

@Patty, interesting that your second Moderna shot was easier than the first one. I expect the reverse situation for me but I can't predict. I have no complaints from my first one, even the little pain in the arm I had the fist two-three days is disappearing while with the tetanus/diphteria booster shot I got last year, the pain on the site of injection lasted for weeks.

I'm also going to try drinking more water for my next time too.

Edited by Marigold
  • LIKE/LOVE 7