Poles of Expression Axis

Anirudh Ramachandran

Question

Anirudh Ramachandran

Rather than saying "creation" and "self deception", would it be more accurate to say "imagination" and "delusion"?

The word "creation" can imply doing something with your hands (though not necessarily so), while Artisan creations tend to be on the intellectual axis. Even the overleaves are highly intellectual (Sophistication, Deliberation, Investigation in the positive poles).

As Artisan cast, I do find that I lie to myself quite often about the reality of a situation.

The Teachings say that the way out of self deception is the positive pole of the Sage, which is "expression".

That doesn't seem accurate either. Should it be "Visualization" or "Focus" or "Unblemished Perception" instead?

Edited by Anirudh Ramachandran
  • LIKE/LOVE 4
  • WHAT/WOW! 1

6 answers to this question

Connie Stansell-Foy

@Anirudh Ramachandran, Those are interesting ideas. I like the idea of using "imagination" instead of "creation," if the term doesn't need to contain the idea of some result being produced, but I'm not sure that "delusion" includes the idea that it's self-inflicted the way that "self-deception" does, and that seems to be an important part of the word choice.

There may indeed be a better word for the positive pole of the Sage than "expression," but I don't think that any of those you offered are quite right. "Expression" includes the connotation that the idea (or whatever) has come to fruition, in word, deed, or physical representation. If we are to replace "expression," I would think the new term would need to include that, too.

But terms do get revised from time to time. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 1
petra

@Anirudh Ramachandran  If you read how Michael defines Imagination in Michael Speaks "Imagination, and what is it for" December, 2011, where it is stated: In short, Imagination Is Tao, makes clear why this word would not be used.

Further the word self-deception and delusion were both used, if you look at the chart, there the word delusion shows up.

As for Expression, the short version is to give form, that could rip you out of delusion, couldn't it?

Creation, I would like it to be called creativity instead ( I add some further down why). It could also be called, inventing, with - artificial, + original,  instead.

The intellectual centering with  - Reason, + Insight, comes over to me often as, - hair-splitting + thoughtful.

Here are some excerpts from the Origin Project, part Genesis, that I find useful in the contemplation about Creator, Creation, Creativity, I add them just for fun:

MEntity: First, we must clarify that we know of no origins for any of us.

We only know that evolution and creativity are at the heart of existence. We emphasize that there is creativity, not "creation." We know that the Role of the Essence is preceded by a triality of "positive, negative, and neutral."

Tao is merely a gravity of sorts, not a creator, if you will. This is why we choose to refer to this source, or context, as "Tao," as this simply means "the way." All that we know, and all that we do not know, exists within this context, this Tao, moving along patterns of triality that perpetuate creativity and evolution.

We only know creativity and evolution, and that while form may change, our absolute existence does not.

YOU are the culmination of a multitude of ideas, creativity, and evolution that has come from billions of years of experience, if it could be measured at all, and this is a vital point for anyone pondering his or her existence.

And this one I add just for a deeper insight into the Artisan and or cast, I think you gonna like it:

the epic battle that all Artisans encounter in every lifetime: the value of their lives. Artisans must always struggle against being Self-destruction, manifested, in terms of their "Achille's Heel" of every lifetime, and work to rebuild and recreate and rediscover their own worth.

Thanks Ani, me love You!

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 2
Anirudh Ramachandran

@petra @Connie Stansell-Foy

Thank you for the detailed answers. Based on what the two of you said, I think "Manifesting" could be an accurate replacement for expression?

• LIKE/LOVE 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
Miizle
13 hours ago, petra said:

the epic battle that all Artisans encounter in every lifetime: the value of their lives. Artisans must always struggle against being Self-destruction, manifested, in terms of their "Achille's Heel" of every lifetime, and work to rebuild and recreate and rediscover their own worth.

Uuh my god, yes...

Explosive, implosive... exhaustive..

• LIKE/LOVE 3