Jump to content

TLEtv - We Are Here, Now - Episode 03 - AGREEMENTS


Troy
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL

IN THIS VIDEO: The panel addresses current events through the lens of The Michael Teachings and explores the Topic of AGREEMENTS. CARY W. is our Student Spotlight this month!

 

RELEVANT LINKS

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/timeline-rape-sex-scandals-rocking-australian-parliament/news-story/cf9f770763d285107a8f84d05a95b814

https://insidestory.org.au/in-harms-way/ https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/04/jacinda-ardern-new-zealand-leadership-coronavirus/610237/

https://www.vogue.co.uk/news/article/jacinda-ardern-leadership-style

 

To find your U.S. senators: https://www.senate.gov/senators/senators-contact.htm?OrderBy=state&Sort=ASC

Equality Act wording: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5/text

Summary and Analysis: https://www.npr.org/2021/02/24/969591569/house-to-vote-on-equality-act-heres-what-the-law-would-do

https://www.hrc.org/resources/the-equality-act

 

MORE ON AGREEMENTS:

 

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Cary is an old priest-cast warrior who has worked for social justice organizations for over fifteen years taking up the causes of Feminism, LGBTQ rights, racial equality, and size acceptance. Her personal passions include science fiction books, shows, and movies, anime, manga, tabletop gaming, learning new languages, knitting and crochet.

 

ABOUT THIS VIDEO SERIES: We Are Here, Now is a collaborative project made by Michael Students of the TruthLoveEnergy community. The discussions here are casual, candid, and cozy with a focus on insights gained from a metaphysical perspective.

 

Troy Tolley, your host, has channeled the entity known as Michael since 1988. The body of knowledge is known as The Michael Teachings. Learn more about Troy, Michael Entity, and the TLE Community at http://TruthLoveEnergy.com

 

PANEL: TROY is the resident channel and host of TLE! He has been channeling for the public since 1988. He works tirelessly to overcome his insecurities and flaws while also nurturing his confidence and strengths. He is a fierce advocate for human and animal rights and grounds himself in the art of film, television, and gaming.

Connor Behm is an Old Sage who loves writing fanfiction, consuming history, and guzzling chocolate.

An Old Artisan (Server casting), Bobby works tirelessly to uphold his pro-Troy public persona of “BF Bobby” with poise, grace, and distinction. He devotes the remaining 23 hours of each day to balancing his other loves & passions: comic books, gaming, songwriting, synthpop music, and a good burrito.

Ro Aliaga is an Old Priest who loves living an intuitive life and inspiring others to manifest Essence. When she’s not astrally traveling through her imagination, you can find her vlogging, teaching yoga, making intuitive art, and mentoring kind and sensitive souls. Website: rosealiaga.com

 

BEHIND THE SCENES:

Brian Wieland is an Old Scholar who is a full-time doggie dad, part-time taekwondo black belt, and aspiring software developer with a kind and sensitive heart.

Amanda is an Old Artisan-cast Sage, which means she real quirky, mmkay? Gender pronouns are she/her or they/theirs; we're flexible. She pushes the boundaries on interpersonal communication and is always trying to find more authentic ways to communicate. It's mostly through memes. Her cats are amazing, never hesitate to ask for pictures.

Delphi is a mysterious big heart who gives generously of her wisdom and insights to help keep our content interesting!

 

 

  • LIKE/LOVE 12
  • LOL 1
  • THANK YOU! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WARRIOR

I had a cat emergency during the hour, so I'm just now watching it. 

 

With all the discussion about George Floyd, are you saying that his being a 6th Level Old Magnetic Server had nothing to do with what happened? It seems to me that the metaphysical mechanics is the context for all of this. If George Floyd was a Magnetic fragment, did he not have some understanding of what was happening on that level? These are the questions I would ask Michael. The Karmic connections behind all that we saw -- what we didn't see, or can't see -- that's what interests me. What was the connection between Chauvin and Floyd? Did Chauvin create Karma? Was George Floyd burning Philanthropic Karma?  Did the girl who recorded those nine minutes have a previous Agreement with any of those people? Those are the questions that pop up for me.

 

In my opinion, understanding the metaphysical context makes the teachings more visible, more accessible and more understandable. That's why I love having access to Michael through you, @Troy.  That's what really illustrates the teachings for me.

 

  • LIKE/LOVE 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
3 minutes ago, Uma said:

I had a cat emergency during the hour, so I'm just now watching it. 

 

With all the discussion about George Floyd, are you saying that his being a 6th Level Old Magnetic Server had nothing to do with what happened? It seems to me that the metaphysical mechanics is the context for all of this. If George Floyd was a Magnetic fragment, did he not have some understanding of what was happening on that level? These are the questions I would ask Michael. The Karmic connections behind all that we saw -- what we didn't see, or can't see -- that's what interests me. What was the connection between Chauvin and Floyd? Did Chauvin create Karma? Was George Floyd burning Philanthropic Karma?  Did the girl who recorded those nine minutes have a previous Agreement with any of those people? Those are the questions that pop up for me.

 

In my opinion, understanding the metaphysical context makes the teachings more visible, more accessible and more understandable. That's why I love having access to Michael through you, @Troy.  That's what really illustrates the teachings for me.

 

 

Those are very interesting questions and can add a lot to our understanding about how events unfold, but the topic was about Agreements, and no one "agrees" to events like this. So that's what the emphasis was for the show. I think it's important for a lot of new age and religious people to stop looking at such horrific events as something that was "meant to be" or is about "teaching us a lesson," etc. It really strips the humanity and humans from the reality of the situation. I am all for discussing the metaphysical mechanics behind the scenes but only after we understand that suffering, pain, oppression, being attacked, getting ill, etc. are not events orchestrated to teach us a lesson. God didn't have a purpose in this. Essence didn't either. But OUT OF THE EVENT, a lot of meaning and purpose and value can be created.

 

But to answer your questions: Being Magnetic is on an Essence Level. The individual Personality becomes more magnetic as they are manifesting Essence, but they aren't automatically anything special as a person.  Being magnetic isn't something that someone consciously uses as a way to orchestrate major events, but as the Magnetic Soul manifests through the Personality, more people will tend to feel an importance to support, listen to, or work with that person.  All of the witnesses involved were part of this Magnetic Soul's circle.

But Michael says that Karma was created by this event between Chauvin and Floyd, and between Chauvin and several others. Chauvin is probably going to create more, too.

  • LIKE/LOVE 15
  • WHAT/WOW! 1
  • THANK YOU! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WARRIOR
30 minutes ago, Troy said:

but the topic was about Agreements, and no one "agrees" to events like this.

Understood.

 

33 minutes ago, Troy said:

I am all for discussing the metaphysical mechanics behind the scenes but only after we understand that suffering, pain, oppression, being attacked, getting ill, etc. are not events orchestrated to teach us a lesson.

I would like to hear more about the metaphysical mechanics. That's what inspires my curiosity: the relationship between the videographer and George Floyd, and how Karma played into it, both the Karma of the killing and what Philanthropic Karma of George Floyd's might have been involved, if any.

  • LIKE/LOVE 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Troy said:

OUT OF THE EVENT, a lot of meaning and purpose and value can be created.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would George Floyd being a Magnetic Server contribute to the public reaction to seeing him murdered? We've had so many killings before, all of them horrible, some of them documented, yet THIS ONE was the one that stirred everyone up. While it wouldn't have anything to do with the "reason" for the incident, might his being a Magnetic Server have a lot to do with the widespread response? Or is that just society moving into the Mature Soul Age and coming to realize "That ain't right. It's gotta stop."?

  • LIKE/LOVE 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • PRIEST
2 hours ago, Troy said:

 

But to answer your questions: Being Magnetic is on an Essence Level. The individual Personality becomes more magnetic as they are manifesting Essence, but they aren't automatically anything special as a person.  Being magnetic isn't something that someone consciously uses as a way to orchestrate major events, but as the Magnetic Soul manifests through the Personality, more people will tend to feel an importance to support, listen to, or work with that person.  All of the witnesses involved were part of this Magnetic Soul's circle.

But Michael says that Karma was created by this event between Chauvin and Floyd, and between Chauvin and several others. Chauvin is probably going to create more, too.

 

Thanks for this @Troy. These answers are what I would call the metaphysical component. I see this "component" as the bridge, between Essence and Personality, that everyone uses, that we all use, to be able to here now, to exist physically. It's the extraordinary (in all of us) in/of the ordinary. I don't think we're calling George Floyd special (at least I don't think we are). I think we want to understand his uniqueness. Yes, to @Uma, and to @Connie Stansell-Foy, it would be great to hear more on this.

 

  • LIKE/LOVE 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • PRIEST

I'm reposting this from my comment in the June 2020 Energy Report:

 

This has my head spinning. I KNEW this!!! I was going to ask about George Floyd!! I knew he wasn't "just a pawn". I knew there must have been some kind of "agreement" on his end especially in 2020 with the Goal of Submission and all the other significant Overleaves. For those who don't know, Nelson Mandela was a Magnetic Server (6th Level Old). Here's a LINK to his Overleaves.

 

Janet:  Hello Michael! What causes a 6th level Old Soul to become magnetic -- or not? That is, what defines which fragments become magnetic?

 

MEntity:  It is a cumulative process that tends to rise from lifetimes where the fragment has affected many lives that then affect many lives. As "word gets around," so to speak, about a consistent source of beneficial impact, that fragment is "activated" as Magnetic.

 

The state of Magnetism is a kind of Philanthropic Karma.

 

Those fragments who generated these effects upon the lives of others without conditional intention or particular awareness create a kind of imbalance that then generates a necessity for addressing. The Magnetic phase is a way for one to finally recognize and gain awareness of how one's actions and choices have cascading ramifications.

 

This is why it is during the 6th Level where Karma is addressed. Even "good" Karma.

 

~~~

 

From Geraldine's Validating Michael website:

 

Magnetic Kingdoms

 

During my recent blogs on community, Martha added the answers she'd received from Michael on the topic of "Magnetic Kingdoms" in her comments, and I briefly touched on them. Meanwhile, she also posted to her blog on TLE, links and/or the material, which garnered quite a few comments. Troy is still reacting through his Self-Deprecation CF, and I think there might be others who have not taken the time to really think through what Magnetic Kingdoms are; so, I'd like to address this topic more in depth.

 

From the Kingdoms article, the following serves as a good definition:

 

Kingdoms are the created gatherings, focus, and work of fragments who share a common, specific goal within the physical plane across time. Kingdoms are created by a fragment who has decided to take on the task of leading that transformation. Kingdoms consist of approximately 5,000 fragments that are generally confined to the Energy Ring to which the leading fragment belongs. The fragments who gather from across the Energy Ring and are not limited to any Cadre or Entity within that Energy Ring.

 

The entire concept of Kingdoms is based on a VOLUNTARY organization that evolves from a shared realization gained through individual experiences from across several lifetimes and the cohesion to act as a group in implementing a realization.

 

In highly simplistic explanation: Across your own lifetimes your Personalities and Essence may have noted on several occasions about an experience within the physical plane that you have decided “would be great” if it could be implemented. Eventually a fragment will “announce” to the Energy Ring that it is intending to focus on a specific implementation over time and fragments then “sign up” to be a part of that shared experience of implementation. Fragments who take on the task of leading a Kingdom take several lifetimes to “set the stage” for the eventual emphasis of that Kingdom.

 

Not all fragments will choose to be a part of a Kingdom. As we said, it is entirely voluntary and simply a means of gaining experience in yet another specific way.

 

After the “stage is set” and the fragments have all settled into an understanding of who is in the Kingdom, then the leading fragment enters what we refer to as its “magnetic” phase. The “Magnetic Phase” of the leading fragment begins and is completed throughout and within the entire Soul Age of 6th Level Old.

 

The leading fragment can be any Role, but depending on the Role, the Kingdom will be colored by a very specific context.

 

When a King takes on the task of being a Magnetic Old King, it takes on the emphasis of REUNION. Magnetic Old Kings emphasize an effect within their Kingdom of a “final gathering”, or a reunion among the entities of which they have been strongly connected. This Reunion usually has an emphasis, or theme, of experiences that help contribute to that reunion, but regardless of the theme, the end result will be in that of Reunion. Those who are a part of a Magnetic Old King’s Kingdom will then feel compelled upon their own to emphasize a drop in all barriers within their own circle of contact as a means to encourage Reunion. Reunion, then, will be the means through which that Kingdom’s theme is implemented.

 

A Magnetic Old Server will emphasize the context of COMFORTS. Those fragments within a Server’s Kingdom will feel compelled to emphasize some means of offering a specific means of comfort in a profound way to their circle of contact.

 

Magnetic Old Artisans emphasize the context of PATRONAGE. A Magnetic Old Artisan’s Kingdom will then focus on a specific creativity to which all will contribute as support.

 

A Magnetic Old Warrior’s Kingdom will emphasize ADVOCACY. Those within an Old Warrior’s Kingdom will feel compelled to take on the challenges of expanding the RIGHTS or Freedom of those within their circle of contact as a means to implement that Kingdom’s theme.

 

The Magnetic Old Scholar’s Kingdom has its emphasis in INVENTION. Those within the Old Scholar’s Kingdom will participate in establishing an INVENTION or in the support for an Invention’s DISCOVERY, all within the context of that Kingdom’s theme.

 

Sages who become Magnetic Old Sages have an emphasis on MENTORING. Those who are a part of a Magnetic Old Sage’s Kingdom, regardless of the shared theme, will begin to feel compelled to act as a Mentor within their own circle of contact as a means of implementing the specific theme of that Kingdom.

 

A Magnetic Old Priest will emphasize TRANSFORMATION. Those fragments within the Priest’s Kingdom will feel compelled to personally invest in the transformation of those fragments within their circle of contact as a means to implement that Kingdom’s theme.

 

I would add to that fairly forthright explanation that Kingdoms appear to be part of the process of Entities, Cadres, and Energy Rings gathering and sharing experiences of being Old souls as we push towards cycling off. The reason that the Magnetic leader is Old 6 is that level is a "work" level. In other soul ages, it's the karma-balancing level. And, while during the Old-6 level, there may be some remnant karma left, it's mostly self-karma.

 

As I said to Troy in a private response, being part of his magnetic kingdom has absolutely nothing to do with him being "special," or whether we want to move to NYC to gather at his feet, or that he has any hallmarks of being an adept or guru. It has to do with a task, or agreement -- him channeling Michael clearly and coherently, and us pushing for more answers on what the Michael Teachings are all about.

 

He has gathered students who are insisting on followup answers to all of the incomplete or non-expanded answers that Michael has given over the past 30 years. Many are paying money to ask "general" or non-personal questions in private sessions. Some, like me, are pushing for complete information on the entire human timeline, including all of the Infinite and Transcendental Souls, all interventions, and a sense of human design's evolution. Others, such as Maureen are pushing for applying Michael to Astrology. Martha is pushing more for specific application over multiple lifetimes, how relationships have evolved, including through parallels. Others want to expand the snippets about extra-terrestrials, other dimensional beings, and other lifeforms.

 

None of us seem to be drawn to Troy because we've put him on a pedestal. In fact, he drives most of us to outright irritation and frustration much of the time. We are well aware of his very human qualities. We see him going through his own 4th Internal Monad, experiencing his CFs, his negative poles, just like the rest of us. There is no "Master/Acolyte" relationship for any of us. However, by the same token, we feel we've validated a great deal of what he has channeled, and that which we've not validated, we keep asking for more information.

 

There is nothing "WooWoo" or special about Magnetic Kingdoms. They are a process that most will participate in as they move into their Old Soul ages. They are a relationship of accomplishment that will help bind the casting groups of Entities, Cadres, and Energy Rings together. Just as we participate in various agreements and relationships that span time with our Cadences, Traveling Companions, Task Companions, Tri-Bonds, Support Circles, and External Monadal partners, so, too, do we participate in Magnetic Kingdoms.

 

Just as Martha knows she's part of several other, currently inactive, kingdoms, I imagine that I, too, have a couple planned out. But, for this lifetime, and maybe another one, I'm in Troy's Magnetic Kingdom and working on the Michael Teachings. I'd love to see a couple of my concurrents join in.

 

  • LIKE/LOVE 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get why Troy didn't want to emphasize the metaphysical aspects of George Floyd's murder -- there's too much of that in the New Age community already, and someone who comes across TLEtv may not have the context to understand Magnetic 6th level Olds. Even if the magnetism is partly the cause of so much attention, there's been a lot of groundwork already laid in the years prior -- the BLM movement started in 2013. We're aware of systemic racism and police brutality a lot more in recent years. Other reasons include the pandemic lockdowns and unemployment giving people more time to reflect, more time to protest. Great changes in history don't happen because of one special person -- they happen when many people back them up. Otherwise their work can just as easily fizzle into nothing. The stories of the Infinite Souls have made that clear.

Edited by DianeHB
  • LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • PRIEST
31 minutes ago, DianeHB said:

I get why Troy didn't want to emphasize the metaphysical aspects of George Floyd's murder -- there's too much of that in the New Age community already, and someone who comes across TLEtv may not have the context to understand Magnetic 6th level Olds. Even if the magnetism is partly the cause of so much attention, there's been a lot of groundwork already laid in the years prior -- the BLM movement started in 2013. We're aware of systemic racism and police brutality a lot more in recent years. Other reasons include the pandemic lockdowns and unemployment giving people more time to reflect, more time to protest. Great changes in history don't happen because of one special person -- they happen when many people back them up. Otherwise their work can just as easily fizzle into nothing. The stories of the Infinite Souls have made that clear.

 

@DianeHB, yes, I get it as well, and now that we're on TLE we can feel free to discuss the metaphysical aspects. Troy's answers to Uma are a great start in our study of this event. I wouldn't underestimate the ability of TLE students to hold more than one complex thought in their mind at a time. We can understand how agreements work, how many factors or other events can precede or effect a later event, how Magnetic Souls work through their philanthropic karma, how their support positions or fragments within their kingdom operate, how karma plays out through events, and how all the other various metaphysical components/aspects work together to create Beauty or patterns. We can study this together. It's crossed my mind that perhaps this ability, to see more than can be seen in a linear fashion, ties into where Michael will be furthering their teachings with us. I haven't looked but I'll bet it's on the list Michael gave you. 

 

3 hours ago, Troy said:

But to answer your questions: Being Magnetic is on an Essence Level. The individual Personality becomes more magnetic as they are manifesting Essence, but they aren't automatically anything special as a person.  Being magnetic isn't something that someone consciously uses as a way to orchestrate major events, but as the Magnetic Soul manifests through the Personality, more people will tend to feel an importance to support, listen to, or work with that person.  All of the witnesses involved were part of this Magnetic Soul's circle.

But Michael says that Karma was created by this event between Chauvin and Floyd, and between Chauvin and several others. Chauvin is probably going to create more, too.

 

  • LIKE/LOVE 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn, I am going to enjoy watching/listening to this on the TV (you guys are on my TV! wow 2021) later on tonight. I watched the episode with @Cong last night on TV and it was great! I love this show so much.

  • LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
2 hours ago, Maureen said:

I wouldn't underestimate the ability of TLE students to hold more than one complex thought in their mind at a time.


Whooaaaa... NO ONE was underestimating that TLE students can hold more than one complex thought. Good lord. What a statement. Seriously?
 

Anyway, TLEtv’s WAHN is meant to be a conversation starter. We can’t possibly cover every metaphysical complexity in the show, but we have plenty of space and time in TLE to continue the conversation. We also have a 30 minute overtime for continued conversation after the show but no one had any questions so we wrapped up. If the subject of a magnetic essence came up, I would have been happy to discuss it in overtime. So keep that in mind for future episodes. 
 

My priority for WAHN is to start great conversations like these, so please feel free to coordinate questions and help expand on the details covered and not covered in the show.

 

Other shows like LIVING, LOVING, LEARNING will be much more in-depth and exploratory as a series, so hang in there. I think you’ll like those!!

  • LIKE/LOVE 10
  • THANK YOU! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WARRIOR
3 hours ago, Maureen said:

The “Magnetic Phase” of the leading fragment begins and is completed throughout and within the entire Soul Age of 6th Level Old.

So it's not a one lifetime thing. That clears up one area I was foggy about. So if he hadn't been killed, his Magnetic Kingdom would have continued to grow/evolve/focus.

 

3 hours ago, Maureen said:

Sages who become Magnetic Old Sages have an emphasis on MENTORING. Those who are a part of a Magnetic Old Sage’s Kingdom, regardless of the shared theme, will begin to feel compelled to act as a Mentor within their own circle of contact as a means of implementing the specific theme of that Kingdom.

That certainly seems true here in this Magnetic Kingdom.

 

Thanks for sharing Geraldine's insights, @Maureen. They are helpful in understanding what we are witnessing with the death of George Floyd. i still have questions, but also now a clearer understanding.

  • LIKE/LOVE 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was such a wonderful episode! Thank you, everyone who made it happen.

 

And @ckaricai, it was great getting to see you, hear you and feel more of your energy. 

 

I agree with Troy-you are fierce! Of course, I already knew that.😁

 

 

 

 

  • LIKE/LOVE 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nick Sweeney (Babylove) said:

This was such a wonderful episode! Thank you, everyone who made it happen.

 

And @ckaricai, it was great getting to see you, hear you and feel more of your energy. 

 

I agree with Troy-you are fierce! Of course, I already knew that.😁

 

 

 

 


Thanks ❤️ I’m glad you enjoyed it. 

  • LIKE/LOVE 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol, it's going to be hard for me to see Troy's brightly colored walls from now on and not think of "very neon...and a little bit painful." 😆

 

It's interesting that I had a very similar reaction to the Chauvin verdict as many of y'all. Even with all the evidence presented, even I didn't think there was a high chance of a conviction since, as mentioned, it's happened so often that there isn't one. When I read about it, then, my response was akin to a huge sigh of relief and gratitude, though also bittersweet. It's not a situation I would find particularly "celebratory" anyway, even when so overwhelmingly needed and deserved, but it's also just one case in many and hasn't changed the underlying systemic problems (at least currently and directly). Cary's lawyer friend's insight about this case being different because it couldn't be defended as a snap judgement is simultaneously enlightening and disheartening. While it's good and gladdening to see that accountability is actually possible, it is indeed still a drop in the bucket. Time and effort will show if it leads to meaningful change or if Chauvin becomes a scapegoat to maintain the status quo (preferably the former).


Anyway, good to see everyone in this episode! Time to backtrack an episode and catch myself up.

  • LIKE/LOVE 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Connie Stansell-Foy said:

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would George Floyd being a Magnetic Server contribute to the public reaction to seeing him murdered? We've had so many killings before, all of them horrible, some of them documented, yet THIS ONE was the one that stirred everyone up. While it wouldn't have anything to do with the "reason" for the incident, might his being a Magnetic Server have a lot to do with the widespread response? Or is that just society moving into the Mature Soul Age and coming to realize "That ain't right. It's gotta stop."?


This is the question I’d ask also. What was it about this incident that inspired or woke up so many people? The karmic stuff seems totally irrelevant to me because it happens so often. I’m just not going to be thinking about karma after every reported instance of police brutality. That it happens because it’s a systemic/cultural issue would be enough explanation for me.
 

Could it have been the timing, the political moment, COVID anxiety? Just plain fatigue? Magnetism, soul age? All of the above? Would be interesting to get Michael’s take on why folks got stirred up. 

  • LIKE/LOVE 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What got people stirred up?

 

Gestures around.

 

More specifically. Amhaud Arubey, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd all happened in Feb,March,and May of 2020 respectively.  Normally, we one of the executions happen there are months before one as egregious happens.  These three happened in quick succession.

 

Which means there was no cool down if you will.

 

Add to that we had just begun to face the reality of Covid, many were home all day scrolling the Internet.

 

We watched as two white dudes chased down Aubrey and killed him in a modern day lynching. It took public pressure to even get the DA to bring charges let alone the cops yo do anything.

 

With Taylor's death, the cops literally made up a reason to go in and then just started shooting. Because what?  Oh yeah something something drug war something something fill out this drop down menu warrent.

 

But with Floyd, we watched a cop strangle him to death. We all witnessed a murder.  And the police blamed the victim.

 

And people said enough.

 

I will add here that black people have had enough for decades.  This time white people did too. 

 

But where did we turn.  BLM.

 

White people didn't have the structures in place.  BLM did.  BLM had the organization and the activists on the ground.

 

Then the Nazi showed up and then we understood the cops and the Nazis are on the same team.

 

We will not win this by saying Floyd's murderer is convicted there for cops are fixed.  We win this by keeping the pressure on.

 

 

 

 

 

  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Troy said:

I am all for discussing the metaphysical mechanics behind the scenes but only after we understand that suffering, pain, oppression, being attacked, getting ill, etc. are not events orchestrated to teach us a lesson.

 

Yes, I can see how a "metaphysical mechanics" discourse can be used as an equity detour.  I've been guilty of falling into this trap myself, so I get it.  I'm not trying to implicate anyone in this thread-- it's just I've seen how "metaphysical mechanics" discourse can pull us away from identifying the racism and attempting to eliminate it.  And I think it's important to recognize equity detours, call them out, and shift the discourse back to equity (especially when a detour may result in reinforcing and reproducing power and privilege). 

  • LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HOST & RESIDENT CHANNEL
1 hour ago, Tom said:

 

Yes, I can see how a "metaphysical mechanics" discourse can be used as an equity detour.  I've been guilty of falling into this trap myself, so I get it.  I'm not trying to implicate anyone in this thread-- it's just I've seen how "metaphysical mechanics" discourse can pull us away from identifying the racism and attempting to eliminate it.  And I think it's important to recognize equity detours, call them out, and shift the discourse back to equity (especially when a detour may result in reinforcing and reproducing power and privilege). 

 

I just read your linked article. That was very enlightening! And I love that phrase to describe how "good intentions" turn out to do more harm than good. And that is exactly what would have happened if our show had just focused on the metaphysical mechanics.

 

Ahhhh, he's a Magnetic Soul... ahhhh, so THAT's why people stepped up.

No, that's not why. And focusing on that is an Equity Detour. Magnetic Soul may be PART of the why, but let's look at the practical mechanics [excellently delineated in @Christian's post] that were in place before attributing the shift to some magical force.

 

Ahhh, so this was Karma... ahh, so that explains why the police officer killed George Floyd... he was just balancing a Karma from when George killed Chauvin in a past life, I seeee... 

If anyone needs to have it explained to them why this is extremely problematic way of "understanding" events, then I don't know what to tell you. EVEN if this were a matter of Karma being balanced, it would not be ethically, sociologically, psychologically, or spiritually healthy to just leave it chalked up to some Karmic balance. This is the equivalent of saying, ohhhh, so he deserved what was coming, I see... 

 

These are just two examples of why aiming for the more magical, metaphysical mechanics FIRST is never going to happen on our WAHN show or from Michael or from me. Because going there first is too easily an Equity Detour (thank you for that phrase, Tom!)

 

We can most definitely cover all of these metaphysical mechanics on TLE, but we should never skip over the harsh and present reality of the mechanics already at work because the metaphysical mechanics have to work WITHIN THOSE. They don't usurp or exempt or overturn the mechanics of practical reality.

 

Anyway, thank you for helping name what it is that I was working with Michael to help avoid. I am so happy this community is willing to go into the practical as well as the metaphysical.

  • LIKE/LOVE 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WARRIOR
2 hours ago, Troy said:

We can most definitely cover all of these metaphysical mechanics on TLE, but we should never skip over the harsh and present reality of the mechanics already at work because the metaphysical mechanics have to work WITHIN THOSE. They don't usurp or exempt or overturn the mechanics of practical reality.

 

Thanks. That's all I was asking for--the metaphysical mechanics to be included. The harsh reality is visible and in our faces. The metaphysical mechanics are not visible, so asking Michael is a way to understand them. And here on TLE is where that discussion should be. Not on TLEtv. I totally agree. 

 

It seems the series is having the desired effect of stimulating conversation. I appreciate it. Thanks, @Troy and all.

  • LIKE/LOVE 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Troy said:

Anyway, thank you for helping name what it is that I was working with Michael to help avoid. I am so happy this community is willing to go into the practical as well as the metaphysical.

 

I'm glad it helped!  🙂  I think Gorski (the author of the equity detours article) is really good at coming up with pithy phrases to describe social phenomena, especially those that might be categorized as performative anti-racism.  He mostly writes about education, but I think his ideas are often relevant outside that context.   

  • LIKE/LOVE 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great discussion. I can't dive into this deeply as I have an assignment but I am loving this show so much. I watched @ckaricai as guest student last night and you were great!

 

Thanks so much as an unexpected bonus, getting the overleaves of New Zealand Prime Minister lol Jacinda Ardern, I gathered she was an old soul. So she is a Server cast (her phrase that she often repeats is "be kind to each other" and she demonstrates it too) King Old 2, C1E5 that's so cool. NZ is very lucky to have her, if I have time I will put her photo up in C1E5. 

 

I have no idea what has "woken" people up. I suspect it is an older soul age where the arbitrary line some people draw when they decide who needs to be loved/included/helped and supported just got a little bigger, and the realisation is dawning that injustice continues if you don't stand up and fight it. I don't know. 

 

There is too much of this injustice and I don't understand why other than @ckaricai's lawyer friend's explanation that nine minutes of this undeniable murder is on film recorded and witnessed by multiple witnesses who could give testimony, I don't know. Thank god for mature and old souls and TLE people.

  • LIKE/LOVE 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • PRIEST
On 4/27/2021 at 5:44 PM, AnnaD said:

Great discussion. I can't dive into this deeply as I have an assignment but I am loving this show so much. I watched @ckaricai as guest student last night and you were great!

 

Thanks so much as an unexpected bonus, getting the overleaves of New Zealand Prime Minister lol Jacinda Ardern, I gathered she was an old soul. So she is a Server cast (her phrase that she often repeats is "be kind to each other" and she demonstrates it too) King Old 2, C1E5 that's so cool. NZ is very lucky to have her, if I have time I will put her photo up in C1E5. 

 

I have no idea what has "woken" people up. I suspect it is an older soul age where the arbitrary line some people draw when they decide who needs to be loved/included/helped and supported just got a little bigger, and the realisation is dawning that injustice continues if you don't stand up and fight it. I don't know. 

 

There is too much of this injustice and I don't understand why other than @ckaricai's lawyer friend's explanation that nine minutes of this undeniable murder is on film recorded and witnessed by multiple witnesses who could give testimony, I don't know. Thank god for mature and old souls and TLE people.

 

@AnnaD, my brain heard that Jacinda Ardern was from C1E5 (as well) but I re-listened to the recording and Connor did say C5E1. It's also what Daniela transcribed. Wishful thinking on my part. ✨

 

  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Maureen said:

 

@AnnaD, my brain heard that Jacinda Ardern was from C1E5 (as well) but I re-listened to the recording and Connor did say C5E1. It's also what Daniela transcribed. Wishful thinking on my part. <img src=">

 


Lol, well, I guess not everyone can be in C1 and 2. 😛
Gina Rodriguez Hair Flip GIF

Edited by Eric
  • LOL 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...