TruthLoveEnergy

Are Scholars the most naturally childlike of all roles?

Karine

Hey~ I don't really know how to word my thoughts on this but I want to give it a try. I've seen it suggested before that Sage is the most childlike role, but as a Scholar my experience with my Sage friends is that they can get very dragged down by the problems they see in the world, or in their personal life. I'm a Scholar and I feel like I usually appear more childlike (or even childish, although I try not to be) than most people, and a friend of mine who I suspect is also a Scholar is similar in a lot of ways. We both do stuff we used to do as children that I rarely see "adults" do, like spending time in the afternoon picking up blades of grass and observing caterpillars, and we as well as another Scholar I know seem to be more into animated movies and cartoons than other people. We really enjoy colorful video games too. Not that other roles can't enjoy cartoons, but for me and my Scholar friends it's an integral part of our lives.

Is this just anecdotal evidence or confirmation bias, or is that a real pattern? What is everyone else's personal experience?

Edited by Karine
  • LIKE/LOVE 14

Why not Scholar-cast Sages or Sage-cast Scholars?) Or, maybe it's an overleaf or two that makes them childlike? Rather than a single role, I think it's a combination of things.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

I guess it depends on which aspects of "child-like nature" we focus on, but I can say I've experienced a pretty similar thing with my group of friends, though I think I've got both scholar-y and sage-y friends, tbh.  (I haven't done profiles on many people, so I'm just going off my impressions.)  As adults, we've watched a lot of cartoons aimed at children, played tag as young adults, and a lot of us are heavy gamers and shounen anime watchers.  My wife and I are both channeled as scholars and we play things like Pokemon, watch cartoons, doodle and color.  Though truthfully, I don't know if that's a result of being extra child-like, or a result of my generations' culture of nostalgia for our childhoods, or just a result of us being old souls trying to actually enjoy life. 

On a tangential note, I wonder if there are typically child-like activities that resonate with various roles in certain ways.

Thinking on it a bit, I am reminded of this part at the end of "SCHOLARS: Conscious Connection to Essence":

Some suggestions for bringing more of Essence in might be to talk to children about their perspective on life, actually play with children or play on a child’s playground. Seeking laughter of any kind brings Essence immediately back in for a Scholar. Seeking the experience of the aroma and visuals of botanical gardens or observing the ocean can help, or having flowers within visual and olfactory range.

• LIKE/LOVE 13

Yeah, it depends on what you mean by childlike. I agree that part of the integration of things like cartoons and gaming into "adult" life is partly generational as well, as I think our generation is a lot more likely to carry those forward than before.

Many Sages I know are rather childlike in the sense that there's an inherent innocence/naivete about them as well as a playfulness and unique pull for attention, whether positive or otherwise. Getting dragged down by problems in their world or personal lives can be just as childlike, as children are naturally self-focused.

I'd say when Scholars tap into childlike tendencies, it's more like a sense of childhood awe or wonder. It's more the childlike observation of and dedication to beloved experiences. I don't know if we'd be the most inherently childlike overall, but since Scholar energy is easily colored by other influences, any combinations probably have an affect. Tyrone's quote actually suggests to me that Scholars can have a tendency to lose track of their inner child, and thus interacting with children helps refresh the Scholar essence. So it may be not so much that Scholars are inherently childlike, but rather they often seek or propagate it around them as a kind of energetic hygiene.

Edited by Eric
  • LIKE/LOVE 14

*I’m distracted at the moment, getting ready for work, but I wanted to pop in with my 2 cents now, and maybe a whole dollar once I’m settled* 

I distinctly recall M saying in a session that Sages are quite literally the children of the soul roles. I will have to wait til I’m at a real computer to dig for the particular session, but I know I read it on here somewhere!  (I also remember being a little miffed when I read it the first time and pouted a little LOL) 

• LIKE/LOVE 12

2 minutes ago, Amanda said:

I distinctly recall M saying in a session that Sages are quite literally the children of the soul roles.

Oh yeah, they said that literally in the same series on Conscious Connection to Essence:

The Sage who is disconnected from Essence becomes silent. Of all the roles, the Sage is the most tender and fragile of all roles. We do not imply this negatively. This is simply because they are the “children” of our universe, and no physical age or soul age will ever change this. It is their “job”.

As this Role pertains to communication, children, and the Intellectual Center or fifth (Throat) Chakra, you can see the fragility in a child who has been driven or shunned into silence, when the child hangs its head to cover the vulnerable communication center. This can be reflected in all ages of a Sage, as well.

It's probably why Karine was wondering in the first place, because most of us have probably seen this quote specifically.

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 3

9 hours ago, Manshuk said:

Rather than a single role, I think it's a combination of things.

Absolutely! All of our overleaves and imprinting come together in so many ways!

7 hours ago, Eric said:

Many Sages I know are rather childlike in the sense that there's an inherent innocence/naivete about them as well as a playfulness and unique pull for attention, whether positive or otherwise. Getting dragged down by problems in their world or personal lives can be just as childlike, as children are naturally self-centered.

For me, can confirm LOL. Some channeling I got when I asked about my Raw # and positioning:

" ... you are on the "Truth" side, Scholar Block, Priest Cadence.

That gives you a "Global Job" of Philosophy and a Community Job of Innocence."

All that being said, I think all of us could benefit from letting our inner kid come out and play more often 😄❤️

• LIKE/LOVE 9

Big thanks everyone for chiming in! Your feedback is helping me make sense of something I had been thinking about for quite some time, and I hope this discussion is as compelling to everyone else as well.

10 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Thinking on it a bit, I am reminded of this part at the end of "SCHOLARS: Conscious Connection to Essence":

Ooooh I really like this!!

• LIKE/LOVE 7

I would say being childlike is an attribute of being an Old Soul manifesting Old Soul over being a specific Essence Role. I am a Server and tend to be childlike and playful when in the company of other Old Souls manifesting Old Soul or when I am alone enjoying my own company. I enjoy playing in many ways.

• LIKE/LOVE 14

It does depend on what your definition of childlike is. I don't think any role has a monopoly on being childlike, anyone can be innocent. You can be innocent and still have an agenda. When you are lucky enough to reach a stage in your life where you can choose to remain in your positive poles despite the burden of proof to the contrary, that is not innocence, that is choice. Loss of innocence is frequently presented as grief. There's plenty of things that you can lose your innocence over and be unattached, attentive, empathetic, and objective about. It depends what we invest in. Innocence is the start of an experience, and that should change with experience and time....

• LIKE/LOVE 6

Thanks @Tyrone for referring to what I intended to.

Didn’t Michael also say somewhere Scholars need more (True) Rest than... well, the rest? I haven’t been able to find the reference, but it intuitively makes sense to me as Scholars do the work of uploading experiences and information for their Entity, so they need to clear their minds more because they tend to process so much data/info.

My Scholar cast dad loved playing with me and my brother, our mother never-ever did. I’m a Scholar so and so when it comes to playing children, but I love listening to them on their own terms, it’s wonderful. Especially the telegram/haiku style conciseness of up to 3-4 year olds! It’s often poetic.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

• PRIEST
24 minutes ago, Evelin said:

Didn’t Michael also say somewhere Scholars need more (True) Rest than... well, the rest? I haven’t been able to find the reference, but it intuitively makes sense to me as Scholars do the work of uploading experiences and information for their Entity, so they need to clear their minds more because they tend to process so much data/info.

My Scholar cast dad loved playing with me and my brother, our mother never-ever did. I’m a Scholar so and so when it comes to playing children, but I love listening to them on their own terms, it’s wonderful. Especially the telegram/haiku style conciseness of up to 3-4 year olds! It’s often poetic.

@Evelin, yes, Michael has mentioned that Scholars need more rest and to regularly clear their psychic energy (because of all the uploading they do) but I think they've mentioned that Trues relate more to Axis of the Roles. For example (this was an example from Michael), even though all Roles need to work with all their Trues to be fulfilled, Sages (as the children of the universe) need to make sure they build enough of their True Play into their days to rejuvenate themselves. Scholars would need to make sure their True Study is getting enough attention in order to feel fulfilled. And, so on. I don't have a direct quote at my fingertips. I'll see if I can find something later. 

LIFE TASK (True Work) PHRASE ~ ACTION (relative to your Goal)

True Play ~ Rejuvenate ~ EXPRESSION (relative to your Attitude and your means of forming expression)

True Rest ~ Revitalize ~ INSPIRATION (relative to Centering)  

True Study ~ Focus ~ ASSIMILATION (relative to your Mode and your means of igniting Inspiration.)  

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

I can see very well the child-like features in scholars (and sages). 

Scholars and children have that neverending sense of wonder and so much curiosity in common. Everything is new and interesting in the eyes of children but also in the eyes of a scholar. 

I also think old souls can be quite playful and young at heart as @Jeroen mentioned.

@Karine I’ve seen you have a lunar body type. Lunar body types are the least developed and, according to Michael, even have to be childish and throw tantrums. There might be some influence from that side. 

For me, I feel very young at heart and was actually surprised at first when I found out I was an old soul and been wondering why that is. 
I also have a lunar body type (my personality). My Idealist attitude (a sage overleave) plays quite a big part in how I see the world, quite innocent and a bit naive at times. I prefer to keep that sense of wonder. The world is such an intriguing place! And I also think the sage-cast plays quite a role, I can get quite expressive when excited/enthusiastic, a bit like a kid in a toy or candy store 🙂

Edited by annali
  • LIKE/LOVE 5
  • THANK YOU! 1

Others DO see me as a child! They see me as someone who can never manage themselves well in society. It's not that I behave like a child, I'm just socially awkward and easygoing. Both are attributes of scholars right?

I think my cadre/entity plays a role in this as well, which is C1E3. 

I do love anime & cartoons & cute things in general. I'd say all my friends like these things. But among them, those with sage and scholar influences are more into it. 

As @Jeroen mentioned, I think old souls tend to be more easygoing after the dramatic mature soul age.

• LIKE/LOVE 6

@Evelin Paraphrasing here, but Michael said once about Scholars wishing to connect to Essence could do well by listening to children/asking them questions and watching them play, as well as having flowers around for olfactory purposes.

I wanna say this was from a multi-part session on conscious connection to Essence, where they covered each Role.

Sorry, I'm too lazy and buzzed on wine to link the transcript. 🙂

Edited by Heidi
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 1

• PRIEST
3 hours ago, Heidi said:

@Evelin Paraphrasing here, but Michael said once about Scholars wishing to connect to Essence could do well by listening to children/asking them questions and watching them play, as well as having flowers around for olfactory purposes.

I wanna say this was from a multi-part session on conscious connection to Essence, where they covered each Role.

Sorry, I'm too lazy and buzzed on wine to link the transcript. 🙂

@Heidi, good paraphrasing. Tyrone posted that very quote (scroll back) on Friday. ✨

• LIKE/LOVE 4
  • LOL 1
  • THANK YOU! 1

I love childlike, and unabashed playfulness ❤️ For us Old Souls, feels like a natural transition. Remembering the ease of just Being yourself. Dropping worries and expectations. And choosing to learn through pleasure and having fun in our last incarnations!

On 5/23/2021 at 2:13 AM, Evelin said:

Yes @Evelin !! it is here. Great session to re-read btw!

On 5/18/2016 at 9:52 PM, DanielaS said:

Their NEED, however -- again we have two words that might work here -- but their NEEDS, what they are subconsciously motivated by and will find ways to fulfill it would be REST or SURRENDER.

Scholars need more True Rest than most other roles, or often need to recognize the value of surrender more than other roles.

Now, surrender is a word that often gets confused with resignation, and we will clarify here that surrender is the conscious acknowledgement of forces that are not particularly in your immediate control. So there is a sense of allowance for those things that are going to happen whether you are contributing, participating, or able to control them at all.

So Scholars have to learn to surrender, and they need that. They will find that they navigate into positions where they have to surrender to forces greater than themselves. This is also how that rest comes about, because when the Scholar surrenders, they can “sigh” a sense of relief and truly become more centered again, centered back into themselves, into a more assimilative position in the life, rather than constantly distracted by the navigation of it. Do we have Scholars that would like to comment or validate or question?

I've been observing Essence and Ovealeaf patterns in my friends and clients, and I can say that a good part of them are Scholar or Scholar-cast.

My Life Task is about creating paths to True Rest and Inspiration, so, makes sense!! ❤️😄

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 5

1 hour ago, Rosario said:

This is also how that rest comes about, because when the Scholar surrenders, they can “sigh” a sense of relief and truly become more centered again, centered back into themselves, into a more assimilative position in the life, rather than constantly distracted by the navigation of it.

And when that happens, it IS a big relief. It gives a sense of relaxation. It feels like a summer day in your garden, just sitting, watching, listening to the birds, feeling the wind on your skin.

Today happens to be a day like this for me. I am always grateful when I find that peace within me. When I am struggling with something for a long time, and then somehow there comes this point where I can say goodbye peacefully, and just let it go and surrender.

I am definitely childlike, and absolutely independent of my age also sometimes downright childish. I do not know if it comes from being a Scholar or from being Sage-Cast. Or from my Overleaves leaning into the Expressive Axis.

I feel like Professor Dumbledore walking around in his pyjama robe and not giving a damn.

• LIKE/LOVE 9

• PRIEST
2 hours ago, Rosario said:

I love childlike, and unabashed playfulness ❤️ For us Old Souls, feels like a natural transition. Remembering the ease of just Being yourself. Dropping worries and expectations. And choosing to learn through pleasure and having fun in our last incarnations!

Yes @Evelin !! it is here. Great session to re-read btw!

I've been observing Essence and Ovealeaf patterns in my friends and clients, and I can say that a good part of them are Scholar or Scholar-cast.

My Life Task is about creating paths to True Rest and Inspiration, so, makes sense!! ❤️😄

Thanks @Rosario!! @Evelin, I'll have to follow up with Michael on what they had said earlier about Sages needing to ensure they get enough True Play which is on the Expression Axis. It could be that there are overlaps to what are Needs for the Roles as they relate to Axes (and one Neutral) for Trues. I love irregularity -- it always makes me go back and ask more questions. 

• LIKE/LOVE 8
  • THANK YOU! 1

@Heidi, I remember the flower one distinctly as it's such a strange recommendation for me. I always disliked the smell of flowers indoors! I get sensory overload and even headaches from some. Outside I like flowers but am not overly impressed by them, never wanted people to bring me flowers. I prefer cats to flowers, they often force me to rest when they come purr in my lap so I can't even knit 😄

@Rosario, thank you for finding this! My Student Brain knew I didn't make this up, but Working Mommy Brain couldn't find the reference :)

The one very child-like thing to me is stating the obvious AND finding wonder in that. My Priest cast Artisan mom does this a lot, it's one of her Trues, oddly. My C1E3 Scholar cast Artisan daughter also does it, but with such creative twists I'm sometimes poetically transported to other dimensions in a second! I love these moments with her. I ask her whether her teeth are clean and she says: "Yes! Smooth. Can be skated on." Or she's looking at her feet and states: "My smaller toes are like caterpillars."

• LIKE/LOVE 6