TruthLoveEnergy

What is the Tao?

chamomile

Question

Hello, I am new to this teaching and have been very confused ever since I've come across this piece of information and was wondering if anyone could help clarify what this means: "From what we understand, each Essence/Spark eventually runs its own universe, eventually fragmenting itself and continuing the spectacular creativity that is Tao, becoming its own "god,"

my questions are:
1) What is the Tao, is it a place or a thing? 

2)Are there more than one universe. If so, is each universe ruled by a different spark? 

3) when a spark goes on to run its own universe, is it still part of the Tao?

4) can a spark be destroyed and cease to exist

Thank you in advance for all the help

• LIKE/LOVE 6

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, chamomile said:

1) What is the Tao, is it a place or a thing? 

2)Are there more than one universe. If so, is each universe ruled by a different spark? 

3) when a spark goes on to run its own universe, is it still part of the Tao?

4) can a spark be destroyed and cease to exist

1) According to Michael, it is neither. Rather it is that from which all places and things arise. It is a classic concept in most spiritual teachings that everything is ultimately literally one (as in whole/undivided).

2) According to Michael, yes and yes. I think they said that universes exist in clusters similar to how soap bubbles stick together. Each universe is based on truth, love, or energy. We live in a universe based on love.

3) Yes. Everything is ultimately literally one.

4) According to Michael, no. Once a spark has been created it exists forever.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

2 hours ago, Petter said:

1) According to Michael, it is neither. Rather it is that from which all places and things arise. It is a classic concept in most spiritual teachings that everything is ultimately literally one (as in whole/undivided).

2) According to Michael, yes and yes. I think they said that universes exist in clusters similar to how soap bubbles stick together. Each universe is based on truth, love, or energy. We live in a universe based on love.

3) Yes. Everything is ultimately literally one.

4) According to Michael, no. Once a spark has been created it exists forever.

"eventually fragmenting itself and continuing the spectacular creativity that is Tao, becoming its own "god,"

Thank you so much for the answers! If you don't mind, I have another question I'd like to ask:

are we all fragments of that spark that runs this universe? 

• LIKE/LOVE 2

7 hours ago, chamomile said:

are we all fragments of that spark that runs this universe?

I'm actually not sure if this universe is run directly by the original Tao, or by a spark from the original Tao. I don't think Michael has specified that, or at least I can't remember reading about it. I think the quote you found is the only one so far where they mention the concept of sparks running their own universes. I'm not sure if it makes any difference either.

I love your questions by the way. I also have a special interest in ultimate reality and like to ponder about it.

• LIKE/LOVE 7

• ARTISAN

@chamomile Try this transcript: Michael Speaks: The 7 Planes of Existence, which is one place in which Michael speaks about what Tao is. There is more info on the site if you search for it. (The search function is very good if you can come up with a word or phrase to search for.)

We live in one of a complex of 12 universes. This is from one of my own sessions (The number 12), but I've seen the concept discussed in other sessions as well:

MEntity: Yes, in the simplest terms we can convey, the forming of Energy Rings is based on the breakdown of themes into 12 Cadres, and then the merging of the Energy Ring is the merging of those themes. It is more complex than that, but it is a fair enough way to describe it. This is also true on the scale of universes stacked in groups of 12 that collapse and expand into one another to rotate out themes.

Keep in mind that even Michael is not sure of the details about universes outside of this one: they are still in the midst of a Grand Cycle on the way back to Tao, even though they are no longer physically incarnating. So, some of what Michael says about universes is based on truths they have learned, and some is their speculation, but they are careful to identify when they are speculating.

I think that @Petteris right that Michael has mentioned only once about fragments running their own universes. Without follow-up questioning, there isn't enough to validate that the statement is accurate. It feels accurate to me, but that's not based on any evidence. If each spark eventually runs a universe, then there must be millions of stacks of universes. 

Note to those wondering: The phrase can be found in Michael Speaks: June 2009, a transcript that contains a slew of goodies from Michael.

16 hours ago, chamomile said:

are we all fragments of that spark that runs this universe?

I know this question comes from the idea that an individual spark may eventually run a universe, but the terminology needs to be clarified. A spark in Michael terminology is an individual offshoot of Tao that may participate in multiple Grand Cycles, each time "returning to Tao" (even though it actually never is not part of Tao). So it is likely IMO that the Tao of our universe is a spark of a larger Tao enveloping many universes.

However, among Michael students in general, Tao is accepted to be "All that is" within THIS universe, and thus is not labeled a spark. I don't know if any channel other than Troy has accepted and provided answers from Michael about universes. I would guess that the majority of Michael students either do not know or do not care that there is more than one universe.

Just be aware that if you use the term spark to equal the Tao of this universe outside of this conversation, you'll either get blank looks or a rush of people trying to correct you. 

21 hours ago, chamomile said:

can a spark be destroyed and cease to exist

I think the answer is no, within the current universe. I can't find an explicit reference at the moment, but I believe the question was asked at some point because there are other teachings that say a being that doesn't advance can be wiped out. (Dr. Michael Newton is one of these I think.)

The core of the Michael Teachings is that "All is choice." It seems unlikely to me that a spark would be terminated because of its choices. The spark/Essence learns from EVERYTHING, even lack of "progress."

However, I suspect the question about termination of existence might have been asked about Essence rather than spark. So the question about whether a spark can cease to exist may not have been posed to Michael. A good one I think.

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • THANK YOU! 1

Think of a Venn diagram... Tao is the largest set, the largest circle, that contains and includes all the others. There is nothing that is not the Tao.

Edited by Mike Cleverly
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Quote from OMW - Why Me or How You Came To Be Designed - 2012.02.18

"We know that we exist within the context of Tao, but this is not the same thing as origins.

Tao is merely a gravity of sorts, not a creator, if you will.

This is why we choose to refer to this source, or context, as "Tao," as this simply means "the way."

All that we know, and all that we do not know, exists within this context, this Tao, moving along patterns of triality that perpetuate creativity and evolution.

We share this with you because it would be a misnomer for "you" to presume that you begin and end with this life, with this body, with these Overleaves, and that "you" are merely the programmed creation of your Essence."

Edited by Ingun
  • LIKE/LOVE 5

Ishvara and Brahman. Heaven and Earth. The road and the travelers walking it.  All That Is and All That Is Not.  Also none of those, since any description of Tao is by definition insufficient.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

"Hello, I am new to this teaching and have been very confused ever since I've come across this piece of information and was wondering if anyone could help clarify what this means: "From what we understand, each Essence/Spark eventually runs its own universe, eventually fragmenting itself and continuing the spectacular creativity that is Tao, becoming its own "god,""

I suspect that imagination may be the key to an Essence/Spark eventually running its own Universe. Michael shared this in a Michael Speaks Session on Imagination.

"Imagination is a powerful tool of Sentience that exists in every known scenario while in a body. There are no circumstances of great pleasure or great suffering that does not allow for Imagination.

Imagination exists as a kind of frequency into which all Sentience can tune, if you will, but also generate. Imagination exists as a result of Sentience, and Sentience exists as a result of Imagination.

Everything exists as a result of Imagination. And Imagination exists as a result of everything.

In short, Imagination IS Tao.

If any one of you wondered what Tao "is like," it is that part of you that Imagines.

If you wondered what your "spark" was like at the core of your Essence, it is Imagination.

And by extension, your Imagination is Essence, as well. And by further extension, your Imagination is YOU.

We share this rather amorphous and aphorismic introduction because it is valid that Imagination permeates everything, and emits from everything, in ways that literally help to perpetuate the universe."

Source: https://our.truthloveenergy.com/topic/154-michael-speaks-imagination-and-what-is-it-for/

If you think about it, you can create entire worlds using your imagination and express that creation through a form of art of your choosing. I am thinking that once a Spark has enough experience in using Imagination as a tool to perpetuate creativity that imagination can then be used to generate entire Universes containing its own structure, worlds, and species. Alternatively, a Universe could be created in a form that is completely different from what we know our Universe to be now.

Imagination is a tool that I think many people take for granted. We each have the ability to shape our inner reality in whatever way we choose through creativity and then can express that into our outer reality in whatever way we choose.

Edited by Jeroen
  • LIKE/LOVE 7