Arrogance in other words

Miizle

The not on your face type of arrogance.... What is it called again, what are the 2 types? They're not cardinal and ordinal, are they? I've actually tried to find this info for years. Can't remember where i read it originally.

disappear.jpg

• LIKE/LOVE 9

This hiding but wanting to be found reminds me of this part:

But for those in Arrogance, there is always something hidden, and it is a dark secret among those in Arrogance that they are just waiting for someone to see past the facades and into the dark. This is when they "know" they might finally be loved.

https://our.truthloveenergy.com/articles.html/library/personality-dynamics/chief-features-fears/arrogance/arrogance-and-acceptance-r1108/

• LIKE/LOVE 15
  • THANK YOU! 1

19 hours ago, Miizle said:

The not on your face type of arrogance.... What is it called again, what are the 2 types? They're not cardinal and ordinal, are they? I've actually tried to find this info for years. Can't remember where i read it originally.

disappear.jpg

Covert and overt narcissism

• LIKE/LOVE 1

6 hours ago, Bogi said:

This hiding but wanting to be found reminds me of this part:

But for those in Arrogance, there is always something hidden, and it is a dark secret among those in Arrogance that they are just waiting for someone to see past the facades and into the dark. This is when they "know" they might finally be loved.

This seems as fraught as Scholars trying to experience intimacy... (fraught)

Old ruts whose tires need to find traction for newer roads

Edited by AnnaD
clarity
  • LIKE/LOVE 9

15 hours ago, Bogi said:

Oh my goodness.

• LIKE/LOVE 3

I myself have been dealing full on with arrogance in the past week, as i thought that i should start sharing more of my art (or, let's be totally honest, ANY of my art.... with anyone.....), i thought that i need to be more productive, attempt to do at least something close to every day and just post it on FB. Easy, right?
😂😂😂
Couldn't even post one image. I felt like i was going to pretty much die. I lose all sense of objectivity and only see flaws and just want to hide, far far away never to be seen again. I don't know how to get over this, apart from shock exposure therapy i.e. getting used to it and going through the little deaths one at a time. I have had experiences of my closest people constantly criticizing me before, which twice lead me to never show them anything again, and i guess the last one did it kind of permanently including everyone (apart from a very, very few friends, who i could, although still don't show much either.)

• LIKE/LOVE 6
  • SAD 3

i totally understand how you feel @Miizle. i've also been managing a surge of arrogance based off of realizations of how i've allowed the criticisms from both myself and ppl close to me to stop me from creating and expressing myself and sharing that with the world. i will say that what has started to help is me just focusing on whether what i want to create and share is good -enough- for -me-. not great. not amazing. not going to necessarily impress anyone else. but good enough for me to enjoy it and consume it without cringing or wanting to jump off of a (low) roof hehe 

as an example, i finally did that with my first piece of art that i released publicly since 2018 and quite frankly, i love it!!!! it was released in march and "only" has 106 listens so far but i was so so excited to hit 100 when i checked again last week. to think that a person is an entire universe and that multiple universes listened to it!!! and some people listened multiple times!! wow!! just a little while ago, i'd be extremely disappointed and take it down because it doesn't have the response that i've seen my friends and other creators close to me get. but now, i'm just proud of myself for 1. putting something/myself out there and 2. that i actually really dig it myself enough to listen to it multiple times too. so maybe most of those listens are from me actually hahahaha. either way i don't mind. at least i like my art. even as i hear the flaws and what i'd do differently next time and what i want to work on, that's a lot more than i could have said even 6 months ago.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 2

On 6/12/2021 at 7:44 PM, Delphi said:

Covert and overt narcissism

You are actually not wrong.

In the Jose Stevens book ("Transforming your dragons") that I started reading, in Chapter Three - The Arrogance Dragon it says that being narcissistic can be one of the possible External manifestations of Arrogance.

External manifestation:

Narcissistic, conceited, filled with braggadocio or machismo, smug, boastful, egotistical, supercilious, complacent, self-important, vainglorious, big-headed, inflated 

Internal manifestation:

self-conscious, shy, embarrassed, uncomfortable

• LIKE/LOVE 5

6 minutes ago, Bogi said:

You are actually not wrong.

In the Jose Stevens book ("Transforming your dragons") that I started reading, in Chapter Three - The Arrogance Dragon it says that being narcissistic can be one of the possible External manifestations of Arrogance.

External manifestation:

Narcissistic, conceited, filled with braggadocio or machismo, smug, boastful, egotistical, supercilious, complacent, self-important, vainglorious, big-headed, inflated 

Internal manifestation:

self-conscious, shy, embarrassed, uncomfortable

Haha, one of the few times I'm not wrong? It was a rather brusque reply I'm not sure what I was thinking then. Cool that Jose Stevens makes explicit reference to this though, the terms just jumped out in my mind! If I remember correctly, Jose Stevens works more in the shamanistic vein, do you see that being true?

• LIKE/LOVE 4

3 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Haha, one of the few times I'm not wrong? It was a rather brusque reply I'm not sure what I was thinking then. Cool that Jose Stevens makes explicit reference to this though, the terms just jumped out in my mind! If I remember correctly, Jose Stevens works more in the shamanistic vein, do you see that being true?

LOL, yeah, when I read your short description, it hit me in the heart because I have Double Arrogance, and many times I feel uneasy about it. That is why I bought the Jose Stevens book because I still have a lot of work to do on myself.

I just started reading the book, which is the first Jose Stevens book for me, but from what I know in general about his activity, yeah, it is a more shamanistic approach.

• LIKE/LOVE 3