This is TruthLoveEnergy: A Michael Teachings Collaborative Community - We are a collaborative community of studying, sharing, and archiving of The Michael Teachings as channeled through Troy Tolley since 1988.   BASIC INTRODUCTION

There are many SERVICES available - Order an Essence & Personality Profile, join a private Personal Open Floor chat with Michael, find out your 9 Pillars, discuss Past Lives, ask about relationships, and schedule time to discuss anything and everything with Michael through Troy.    SCHEDULE A SESSION

Do You Need SUPPORT? - Community Support and Official Support are available for members! Support Tickets receive responses as fast as we can, so please be patient. We are a very small team! Community Support is dependent upon member responses.   SUPPORT TICKETS COMMUNITY SUPPORT

Check out our ever-evolving LIBRARY? - Explore our archiving of decades worth of material channeled through Troy from Michael. This Library is a collaborative effort and shows the power of community.  STUDY LIBRARY

Learn More About Your HOST & CHANNELING - Learn more about Troy through his blog and feel free to ask him about anything related to his work as a channel! You will receive a response ASAP.   30 THINGS ABOUT TROY ASK THE CHANNEL TROY PLAYS GAMES

Education in the mature paradigm

chamomile

Hello, I was wondering what education in the mature paradigm might be like (structure, subjects, grades). Any ideas? Thank you.

Edited by chamomile
  • LIKE/LOVE 8

Michael was asked over the years about Education, not so much about Education in the mature paradigm, but about their viewpoint and interest of Education itself, from a Michael perspective. Like this-one:

Michael Speaks: The Essence Of Children

By Bobby ,
February 24, 2019 in 2019 Michael Speaks, which links you also to Michael Speaks: Education

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Oh I love this topic 🙂 I think I read somewhere that mature souls generally prefer to learn more self-directed than younger souls. Eg they pick the topic they want to know about and get information themselves. Not sure where I’ve seen this, but I can imagine it.

I can see a similar system like Montessori learning in a mature soul paradigm. It is a more organic way of learning. There’s not so much frontal lesson learning but children can move freer around than in ‘normal’ schools. They get a topic and can choose how they gather information (eg written, via photography, Internet, digital presentation, films, books etc). It’s much more tailored to how the individual learns than the ‘one size fits all’ approach lot of schools do. They make learning fun. And that’s how people naturally learn.

Montessori schools also expect parents to help out, it’s more directly community focused, Democratic.

i think the main subjects will stay with a bigger focus on well-being, emotions, mental health, health in general. They make sure nobody is left behind, it’s more inclusive.

I could imagine a system where AI picks up where a kid stands and offers them individualised learning programs.

I could see lesson starting times adjusted to kids/students needs (eg early birds start earlier, night owls later, core times for all). Everything more flexible and less rigid. Less punishment more encouragement, focus on the positives. Bullying: will be dealt with and resolved.

i think Bristol, where I live, is mid to late mature. In my son’s school (primary, with a most likely mature priest/sage head) they put a lot of emphasis on emotions, kindness, helpfulness and positive social interaction. How to be more environmentally conscious, focus on racial injustice, healthy nutrition. A lot of kids in my sons class are now vegetarians, pescatarians etc. Amazing Gen Z 💜

it’s a normal state school, nothing special btw.

The only thing is maybe, he came the other day to me and explained that his school is sexist because they are nicer to girls than boys….. which is true unfortunately. Hopefully that will be different, too in the future.

• LIKE/LOVE 10

Sorry for the disturbance, but could someone please teach me how to tag someone? Thank you very much for the help!😅

Edited by chamomile
  • LIKE/LOVE 2

• TLE12

One of the weak areas I see in education both through traditional schooling and into training provided by the work force is that there is not anywhere near enough emphasis placed on applying knowledge gained or in other words having hands on experience working alongside people who do have experience in what you are learning about. I have been asked to take highly accelerated training classes where I would go through a book in a short time frame without ever having had a chance to apply what I have learned in any meaningful way.

The assumption is made by management that if you take such a class that you are automatically an expert in that topic. In reality, that is not how learning works. You can read endless numbers of book and articles but without having the ability to apply that knowledge in your life in some meaningful way, all that knowledge is fairly useless.

I would like to see an approach towards learning that includes moving at a much slower pace or with much more patience so that one has the opportunity to have a true comprehension of what is learned through applying knowledge gained. That might look like going through a single chapter in a book, then having the time and patience towards applying that knowledge through hands on experience and with the help of instructors who specialize in what you are learning about. Every person learns in unique ways and at different paces so the learning would have to be accommodating of that.

Like with any art, it takes time and patience through experience to become skilled at that art. Reading a few books in an accelerated manner is not going to get you to that point. Through applying knowledge that is gained, one can gain more knowledge.

Edited by Jeroen
  • LIKE/LOVE 10

1 hour ago, Jeroen said:

One of the weak areas I see in education both through traditional schooling and into training provided by the work force is that there is not anywhere near enough emphasis placed on applying knowledge gained or in other words having hands on experience working alongside people who do have experience in what you are learning about. I have been asked to take highly accelerated training classes where I would go through a book in a short time frame without ever having had a chance to apply what I have learned in any meaningful way.

The assumption is made by management that if you take such a class that you are automatically an expert in that topic. In reality, that is not how learning works. You can read endless numbers of book and articles but without having the ability to apply that knowledge in your life in some meaningful way, all that knowledge is fairly useless.

I would like to see an approach towards learning that includes moving at a much slower pace or with much more patience so that one has the opportunity to have a true comprehension of what is learned through applying knowledge gained. That might look like going through a single chapter in a book, then having the time and patience towards applying that knowledge through hands on experience and with the help of instructors who specialize in what you are learning about. Every person learns in unique ways and at different paces so the learning would have to be accommodating of that.

Like with any art, it takes time and patience through experience to become skilled at that art. Reading a few books in an accelerated manner is not going to get you to that point. Through applying knowledge that is gained, one can gain more knowledge.

I agree. One of the biggest complaints that I have about this educational system is that we are all expected to "Fly" when we haven't even learned how to "Crawl." The school system never prioritizes building a solid foundation, which in turn causes massive problems down the road. 

• LIKE/LOVE 7

Hmmm, I know Michael has mentioned education moving more towards a role and/or choice based platform and I think @petra linked to it above. I love the idea of that, and Michael said (paraphrasing), with practice we would be able to tell which role best represented a class in order to cater to the group. I think they also said that sages automatically feel more comfortable in a room with a bean bag chair or a stage. I don’t have either of those in my classroom yet, but it seems like my “sagier” classes do best when they have space to perform. I thinking of the student that stood up and announced, “ok, ok, now it’s my turn to share!” - these are juniors in high school and it was still so. cute.

Covid was a game changer for a lot of secondary school systems. Students definitely had a lot more autonomy from the lense of the school system, but often more responsibility at home. We blame the school system for a lot of things, but time for learning is protected when students actually have to come to school. 

Covid also proved that learning is social, this is the idea that students (everyone) benefit from being able to turn to a neighbor to discuss what’s happening in class. Scholars might be able to study reasonably well on their own, but pretty much everybody likes to talk out and share what they learned at some point (maybe especially scholars... 😅). It’s how we process new information. 

I have seen a greater emphasis on Carol Dweck’s “Growth Mindset” enter the zeitgeist in the last few years, and I think this is also an example of education in a mature world. This also relates to the grading system, which we’ve spent so much time discussing in professional development courses lately - the trouble is, to make grading on anything other than an A-F scale, we need 1.) a lower student to teacher ratio, and 2.) grade book software that actually supports alternative grading methods. Hopefully all that is coming 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• LIKE/LOVE 7

@Patty I loved reading your post! Thank you for the recommendation. I will check out Carol Dweck’s “Growth Mindset.” I once had a  teacher in elementary whom I adored because she was very encouraging and had a piglet stuffy that all of us students enjoyed holding for a portion of a day.  😁

Edited by chamomile
  • LIKE/LOVE 2
  • THANK YOU! 1

Something I've recently come across were some talks about childhood education. The idea was that around ages 8-9 through like 12 or so the child's brain is more apt to learn social skills so we shouldn't even bother teaching new information to them during these years and instead let them learn and focus on social skills. I'm trying to remember the individual I'm referencing, I'll have to look it up, but their suggestion was to just send the kids off to work on farms. That's taking it a little too far but I like the idea of teaching children important social skills at the most opportune stages of development. I can see that as being brought into focus in a mature soul paradigm.

Edited by Hunter
  • LIKE/LOVE 4

@Patty What prompted my question was because I've always thought that there was something very wrong with me. After all, I have never enjoyed competing and do not see the merit in it.

During elementary, my math teacher would make us call out our test mark, and if we didn't want to, we could go up to her desk and tell her. I have a friend who thinks that anything under a 97% is a fail. That's when I've started to question if there is more to it than just competition and cramming knowledge for the sake of a grade.

What really hit home was when I helped a classmate out in math, and she tried very hard, I could tell, but in the end, I knew that she wouldn't be getting an A and that there would be no second chance.

I've always loved learning and the joy mastering a concept brings me. My mindset is: if I fail, I will give it another try. If I didn't ace the test, then I'll bring it home to correct it. But we live in an environment where a mark can make or break us.

We are told that it's okay to fail, but we are chastised for failing. We are told to ask questions, but we are just supposed to ask "Smart" questions. We are told to raise our hands when a question is proposed, but only a correct answer is allowed. You either do/get it right or don't even try. 

So, seeing what education looks like in a Young Soul paradigm made me wonder  how a mature paradigm might look like in comparison.😁

Please excuse the ranting and the terrible answer. I don't have the right choice of words to paraphrase my thoughts into a good answer at the moment.😅

Edited by chamomile
  • LIKE/LOVE 7
  • THANK YOU! 2

@chamomile, in addition to what others have already shared, I would also recommend reading Alfie Kohn who is also a known proponent of progressive education.

https://www.alfiekohn.org/

I think as the current economic model also begins to change, we will see more progress and positive reforms in the educational field. Right now the system doesn't care about finding out where a student's strengths and talents are and then nurturing them not only because subjects are often taught pretty badly and rushed but also because there seems to be more emphasis put on maths, sciences (and languages where I'm at) rather than arts and humanities, etc. This way it would be hard for a student to know where he/she is leaning towards and may feel left out in some way without knowing why. The Young Soul Paradigm ranks the importance of some subjects over others as it is a hierarchial Soul Age. There are memes about Liberal Arts majors and how ''useless'' they are in comparison with the super respected STEM fields.

One of the reasons for that, I think, is that abilities in math and sciences are seen as more useful to many businesses because they can help create tangible things like technology that companies can then sell, then innovate more, sell more, etc.

The way I see it,  as the world transition away from capitalism and endless growth and production are no longer the main drive in the economy, a new apreciation for the currently left out fields may blossom and that would be reflected at schools.

Ironically, society's disregard for filelds like humanities and the qualities they embody and teach, is, I suspect, greatly contributing to the Truth crisis we have right now (with disinformation and fake news spreading fast, harmful conspiracy theories)  that has lead many to ignore and distrust science. For science to prosper and its solutions to be accepted and applied effectively, we need people to be better at sorting fact from fiction, to have crictical thinking and reading skills and a greater social responsibility which the current educational system either doesn't emphasize at all or just not enough, depending on where in the world you live.

• LIKE/LOVE 9
  • THANK YOU! 2

• TLE12
3 hours ago, chamomile said:

We are told that it's okay to fail, but we are chastised for failing. We are told to ask questions, but we are just supposed to ask "Smart" questions. We are told to raise our hands when a question is proposed, but only a correct answer is allowed. You either do/get it right or don't even try. 

❗

• LIKE/LOVE 5

On 6/13/2021 at 4:04 AM, Marigold said:

@chamomile, in addition to what others have already shared, I would also recommend reading Alfie Kohn who is also a known proponent of progressive education.

https://www.alfiekohn.org/

I'm a fan of Kohn.  I often find his tweets insightful.  

On the subject of "mature soul education," I sense that mature soul education may include efforts that are influenced by the work of folks like Howard Zinn, Gloria Ladson-Billings, and Paulo Freire.

• LIKE/LOVE 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I suggest looking at the educational innovation expert Ken Robinson, his Ted Talks on Youtube, and his books. He rallies for a lesser emphasis on competition pressure in school, a more empathetic way for teachers to solve student's problems than just punishing them, an emphasis on creativity and independent thinking over who can memorize the most facts, and a deeper emphasis on the arts/physical movement -- essentially honoring more of the emotional/moving/instinctual centers outside just the intellectual center. It's all very interesting, and I struggle to explain his ideas as well as he does. 

• LIKE/LOVE 5

• 7 months later...
On 6/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, petra said:

Michael was asked over the years about Education, not so much about Education in the mature paradigm, but about their viewpoint and interest of Education itself, from a Michael perspective. Like this-one:

By Bobby ,
February 24, 2019 in 2019 Michael Speaks, which links you also to Michael Speaks: Education

I just tried searching TLE for this session and didn't find it. I'm interested in Michael's views on children because I'm a youth liberationist.

• LIKE/LOVE 2

Hi @Seve  I do not know how to link, so here is the copy of the Session:

By Bobby ,
February 24, 2019 in 2019 Michael Speaks

Bobby

TeamTLE

TeamTLE

Popular Post

Posted February 24, 2019

February 24, 2019

TeamTLE Note:
This session is essentially a continuation of the material supplied in Michael Speaks: Education, and that session should be read first. It contains the information Michael mentions about how the likely Centering of a child is revealed.

The format of this session was set in a private session in which Janet asked for information about the education of her young Artisan granddaughter. The Artisan information is referenced by Michael and, for convenience, has been dropped into this transcript following the introduction and before the start of the material about Sages. 

The February session supplied information on Sages, Priests and Servers. Information on Warriors and Kings was added in March, and the final Role of Scholar was added in December. 

MEntity:

Hello to each of you. We are here, now. We will begin. 

As we have covered in previous exchanges, the Centering of a child is the first consideration for nurturing during development. We have already described the symptoms that can help reveal the likely Centering of a child. It is safe to use those symptoms as a starting point, but Centering is not static and can change over time, so it is helpful to keep this in mind as the child grows.

In addition to this, each Role will have a tendency to favor a Centering and will naturally nurture this even on their own. It can be helpful to know which Centering would help in bringing balance to the Role as the child develops.

ARTISANS

The Artisan will tend to, naturally, nurture the Expression or Intellectual Center, so it can be quite helpful for the Artisan to have an emphasis put on the Moving Center as early in life as possible. This is because the Positive Pole Artisan will require PRODUCTIVITY, the Positive Pole of the Moving Center, for most of her successful creations in life.

Many Artisans will tend to fall into the Negative Pole when they have not learned how to funnel creativity into form.

The Moving Center will tend to be rejected by the Artisan in many ways, so having positive reinforcement for its use can be life changing.

Artisans who embrace the Moving Center tend to be able to create from start to finish the projects that are so important to them. When the Moving Center is experienced as a distraction or burden, the Artisan can get stuck in a world of Emotion and Thought that forces fantasy and delusion.

This includes sexuality and sex, so the Artisan who is informed in healthy ways about the world of sex and sexuality, and the fluidity of gender, can be helped tremendously to develop healthy creativity.

As toddlers, it can help to have toys that exhibit the dynamic of cause and effect, action and results, consequences of creativity, such as interactive puzzles.

When it is appropriate, it can be helpful to provide media that can be shaped, such as clays, paints, etc.

When it is appropriate, it can be helpful to provide meaningful activity that is tied to creativity, not just to exercise. For example, rather than teaching the child to do routine exercises, a playful obstacle course or treasure or scavenger hunt can help the Artisan stay comfortable with the Moving Center.

The Artisan will readily connect with the Higher Moving Center, so it will be important to avoid any imposed gender identity that forces the Artisan to choose between Focused and Creative. Artisans are the least-binary of the Roles, regardless of Energy Ratio, and imposing a gender role identity can lead to extremes or dysfunctions.

So the key for Artisans is the healthy relationship with the Moving Center and Higher Moving Center.

In terms of education and development, this would be something to consider in any "lesson" for the Artisan.

Furthermore, indirect teaching tends to work well for Artisans.

For example, for an Artisan to learn arithmetic, it can be helpful to have it tied to the arts in some way. The count of music, the scaling of images, the use of a canvas, the structure of architecture, the rhythms of dance, etc. Using these artistic connections to math as a means to help educate the Artisan can help greatly in their comprehension and application.

These are basic considerations that may come in handy in the early formative years.

In addition to all of the above, it can be helpful to allow the child to lead you toward what she wishes to learn and experience.

SAGES

SAGES will tend to naturally nurture the Expressive/Intellectual Center, so it can be helpful for Sages to have emphasis put on the Inspirational/Emotional Center as early in life as possible. This is because the Positive Pole of the Sage will almost always require PERCEPTION, the Positive Pole of the Emotional Center for the most successful communication in life. 

Sages can fall into the Negative Pole of Oration when they lose their capacity to Perceive, to gauge their audience, to understand the impact of their words.

Oration is born of Sentimentality. Sentimentality is attachment to symbols, so Oration is an attachment to words. In the case of Sages, this would mean that it is more important to talk than to listen. It is more important to be heard than to hear. It is more important to say what needs to be said than it is to hear what needs to be heard. There is an attachment to one's own words and what they mean to the Sage rather than a broader perception of what those words might mean to others.

Sages can fall into Oration for great periods of the life if there is no understanding of the Emotional circuit that is necessary for words/communication to be sustained.

The Emotional Center is usually not rejected by the Sage, but is often nurtured in the Negative Pole and can take a long time to undo, depending on other factors in the life. This can set a Sage child up to learn to only communicate as a way to get a response, not as a way to create an exchange.

This is why many Sages grow to be Comedians and class clowns.

Because Sages can often have attachment to words and simply express them to express them, those words can land in a lot of ways that gain attention. It is often thought that Sages do and say things just for attention, but it is more often that the Sage simply learns how better to navigate the attention that comes from all of the noise they make. Attention is not the goal of the Sage in most cases.

When the Sage child is introduced to more holistic ways of communication, they can develop Perception that allows them to not only see the impact of words and sound, but to also anticipate that impact better.

To help a Sage child develop Perception, exposure to music is key.

Music for sleep. Music for play. Music for everything.

This prompts the child to learn to listen.

The melodies mean something to the Sage. They listen. They learn that there is an exchange that is necessary for sound to not simply be noise. 

As toddlers, the Sage can do well to be taught sing-along songs, call and response songs, having access to musical instruments and an encouragement to sing, in general.

All of this will help encourage the Sage to listen, not only to external sources, but to the self.

In terms of education for the Sage, IT. HAS. TO. BE. FUN.

Sages of all Soul Ages and physical ages can learn anything as long as it is fun to do so. The fun must be determined by the Sage, not the educator. Ask the Sage. He will tell you what is fun.

We chose to cover the Sage to complement the material for the Artisan already delivered. We will invite Janet_ to choose the next Role.

Janet: Priests

PRIESTS

MEntity:

The Priest will tend to naturally nurture the Inspirational/Emotional Center and tend to require greater emphasis on the balance from the Expressive/Intellectual Center as early in life as possible. This is because the Positive Pole Priest will require INSIGHT, the Positive Pole of the Intellectual Center, for Compassion to be true in the life.

Priests who fall into or get stuck in the Negative Pole of Zeal do so because they lack Insight. Instead, they can get locked into REASONING, the Negative Pole of the Intellectual Center.

Zealousness is born of Reasoning. Reasoning is a means of justifying, defending, and generally excusing all further input that contradicts current understanding. 

With Priests, this can often show up as it being more important to be right. They will appeal to your reasoning, to false equations, to "the obvious" and to what already makes sense to them, but refuse or reduce or slow all input that counters them. 

The Intellectual Center is often rejected by Priests because they would rather jump directly into doing what is right based on what they have decided is right, rather than slow down that process with thought and insight.

When the Intellectual Center is embraced, they can go straight for Reasoning and need to be redirected toward Insight on a regular basis.

Insight is the process of being open to the truth and further input that may expand on that truth. Reasoning is when one determines what one knows IS the truth, and that is that.

The Priest who use the Intellectual Center as a distraction instead of as a balance can find themselves in great mental stress as they overthink and overanalyze and generally short-circuit themselves if what they have decided is true is not obvious or received well.

For the developing child, it can be helpful for the Priest to have no structured schedules, for them to have changes in patterns on a fairly regular basis that invites the body to adapt.

As toddlers, it can be helpful for the Priest to continue being surprised, to be exposed to new things on a regular basis, to be introduced to new people, to see art, to see animals, to have changes in routines.

This helps the Priest to develop the capacity for Insight.

The truth becomes something softer and more malleable and not rigid and always completely understandable and obvious.

In terms of education for the Priest, logic puzzles and thought experiments and discussion about the effects of art, along with surprise exposure to the new can help bring a healthy capacity for insight that can help the Priest always have True Compassion and not fall into Zeal.

We think we can deliver on one more Role through Troy today and then we must conclude.

Bobby: Since you're on the Inspirational Axis, Server?

SERVERS

SERVERS will tend to naturally nurture the Inspirational/Emotional Center like the Priest, but has a great need for the Moving Center to be emphasized and nurtured for balance in the life as soon as possible. This is because the Positive Pole of the Server will almost always require PRODUCTIVITY, the Positive Pole of the Moving Center, for any fulfilling Service in life.

Servers can fall into their Negative Pole of Bondage when they lose their sense of being Productive, or lose their sense of seeing results from their efforts.

Bondage or Subservience is born of Frustration or Freneticism, the Negative Pole of the Moving Center. This is the practice doing just to do. To the Negative Pole Server, doing becomes the emphasis and who you are does not matter. The more frustrated and frenetic the Server, the more they tighten their state of Bondage. 

It becomes more important for the Server to do the right thing than it is for the Server to be the right thing.

For the Server, to not be doing the right thing is to lose all sense of tethering to meaningful existence and this compounds the frustration. This is why there are so many angry and depressed Servers in the world. They never learned to include themselves in results of what they do.

Many Servers will reject the Moving Center and simply recoil from any intimacy and sense of connection with others, considering their existence to be on hold or only matter if they find a way to do the right thing, though many Servers do not have a clue what that "right thing" is.

They would rather simply inspire and touch lives without the mess of considering results. They would rather assume their existence is enough to bring the good they wish to bring to the world.

When the Moving Center is embraced, they can go straight to Frustration and Freneticism and tend to go from "zero to 100" in terms of temper and mood because of this.

The Server who uses the Moving Center as distraction instead of as balance can find themselves in great physical stress and in great panic over how to escape the pain of existence. They may find themselves at once drowning in the weight of obligations while also losing all grip on important responsibilities.

So for the developing Server, it can be important to include pleasure as much as possible. Servers need affection. They need their presence validated by contact. They need to be held.  

As toddlers, it is helpful for the Server to learn to reward themselves. Activities that involve sharing are vital, along with post-activities that allow for personal pleasure, such as a choice of treats or tv show or one on one play or being held. The key here is in teaching the Server that it is okay for her to balance out her generosity and to validate her presence by giving herself as much as she gives others.

These general practices teach the Server that Service is not a one-way circuit of obligation, but that True Service is a pleasurable responsibility that includes her and can be fulfilling to some great degree or it will burn her out.

In terms of education for the Server, there must be some element of giving and receiving involved. This means helping each other with class work, having group tests and challenges that invite both the giving of help and the receiving of help. As much as the Server is designed for service, the giving and receiving ratio can be of their greatest challenges. Creating a state of permission and confidence around what they can give vs what they need can greatly increase the chances of your world having loving Servers instead of angry Servers.

We will continue exploring the Roles as children in development in further exchanges with you. We must conclude here for today. Good day to each of you. Goodbye, for now.

Essence of Children Continued for Warrior & King Roles

March 24, 2019

MEntity:

Hello to each of you. We are here, now. We can begin.  

We are asked to continue exploring children and Essence development. 

WARRIORS

The Warrior will naturally nurture the Moving Center and tend to require an emphasis on the Inspirational/Emotional Center early in life as a way to focus all of this action and energy. Though the Priest and Server are on the Inspirational Axis of our Overleaf system, Warriors tend to need Inspiration more than the other Roles as a source of balance and direction.

From a very early age, Warriors are looking for direction, structure, and how to focus their energy. This is often found in whatever Inspires them.

The Positive Pole of the Warrior is Persuasion, which is the process of igniting action in a person through their own volition. It is a process of encouraging actions through conscious choice and participation. The Warrior knows this tends to only be possible if the individual is inspired by how they PERCEIVE themselves and the world.

This is true of those the Warrior seeks to Persuade, but is also true of themselves. They cannot or will not tend to be Persuaded or in Persuasion if they cannot see themselves as part of the picture, as a meaningful part of the puzzle, solution, project, etc.

Warriors become paralyzed when they cannot see themselves IN THE PICTURE.

This is why Warriors tend to be drawn into structured dynamics that have a clear and tested order and system that allows them to slip into the machinery of movement and action. It does not matter if they are only a part of the picture as long as that picture is clear about them being IN that picture.

This is why they are drawn to the Military, Judicial system, Police force, etc., especially in the younger Soul Ages where slipping into secure systems and structures is a relief. This is also why some of the deepest and more immediate bonds formed among fragments come between Warriors and their Comrades At Arms . Within a structure that is secure and of which one is unquestioningly a meaningful part, the Warrior's Emotional Center is wide open to bonding, especially under pressure.

The older Warrior tends to no longer be about Persuasion of others and Coercion of others, but about a quiet (or not so quiet) inner battle between those polarities toward the self. The older Warrior who is still experimenting with inner security will tend to be in a constant state of shifting tactics between inner Persuasion and inner Coercion.

They do not need for you to be hard on them. They are very hard on themselves, especially in terms of their growing need to create and own their part in the picture they see of themselves in life.

If a Warrior finds she is in a constant state of inner Coercion, or if a Warrior finds she tends to boss people around, bully, or Coerce others, it will almost always be because they have lost touch with the Emotional Center and are no longer inspired. These Negative Pole Warriors can be motivated by bitterness, resentment, anger, and depression if Inspiration is lost.

So for the developing Warrior, it is not just about sports, high activity, movement, and structured systems, it is all about the Emotional/Inspirational quality that gives meaning and value and presence to themselves in whatever activity or structure they navigate.

As toddlers, it can be helpful for the Warrior to be exposed to art, music, and anything that goes straight to the nurturing of the Emotional Center. Warriors tend to benefit from affection and contact more than most other Roles. All children can benefit from affection, of course, but for the Warrior, it can often make or break their capacity to see themselves as part of the picture, part of your life, part of your value system.

The Warrior child can benefit greatly from understanding the balance between boundaries and intimacy. When to touch, when not to touch, when to ask for affection and when to say yes or no to affection.

One of the greatest questions that will carry into adulthood for nearly all Warriors is the question of who truly loves them and whether they have truly loved. Many will have this question in a lifetime, but the Warrior tends to have this question all the way to the end of a life as a kind of assessment of the Inspiration that will be carried forward from that life.

This means that the education for a Warrior must include emotional bonds.

There tends to need to be "that one teacher" or that one classroom, or that one friend, at least, who satisfies the Warrior's Emotional Center and gives meaning to the structure, order, education, progress, etc. The Scholar can dive into a subject and learn about it all day long by himself, but the Warrior does better if someone is with her.

The Warrior may be designed for action and movement and strategy and order, but if there is no affection, no bonding, no inspiration, the Warrior is either a rudderless boat with no horizon in sight, or a ballooning of pressure that may burst into uncontrollable spiraling.

KINGS

The King will tend to naturally nurture the Action/Moving Center while needing a higher emphasis on the Expressive/Intellectual Center as a means of bringing balance to their development.

This is because the Positive Pole of the King tends to require INSIGHT as a necessity for Mastery. A King without Insight is a King in Tyranny.

The King will try to master everything in every way at any time that it is put in front of her. If there is no Insight provided for how and why, she turns that drive for Mastery into Tyranny. This is true from the ruling of Kingdoms to simple hobbies and everything between.

A King aiming for Mastery "for no reason," or by only using Reasoning, the Negative Pole of the Intellect, she will tend to destroy or sabotage or otherwise derail the focus of that Mastery. This tends to be done through Tyrannical means, which means motivation fueled by cruel, oppressive, unreasonable, irrational, and painful pressure.

Though the Sage is the king of communication, so to speak, the King's very quality of life, and often the life, itself, depends upon COMMUNICATION/EXPRESSION.

The King who has learned how to communicate, listen, exchange ideas, share, and speak up is a King who can understand and own the focus of her Mastery.

For the developing King, soothing voices can mean everything. Hearing human voices in various forms helps to stimulate the curiosity for communication that will be key for the King.

As toddlers, the King would do well to know the difference between SHARING and GIVING.

This helps the King to learn that she will not lose what she is sharing. This may start with toys and events, but this will make a difference in adulthood when it is fully understood that sharing who you are is not the same thing as giving yourself away.

Many Kings who either had to share too much or not share enough as children, tend to navigate life with the question of what will GIVE TO and what will TAKE AWAY from the life. There is no Sharing. There is no sense of exchange, communication, and insight. There are only instances where you get what you want or lose a part of your soul.

As for the education of Kings, they would do well to have their curiosity encouraged. One need not simply impose a set of lessons for the King to learn, but find a way to associate any lessons with how those lessons bring insight to life and how that insight helps the King to share in life rather than only dominate it or be dominated by it.

Curiosity and Communication are key for the King who is growing into adulthood. 

One does not need to coax or put the King on the spot to express herself. The King has no problem expressing herself when she is curious because the King naturally likes to communicate about what has captured her curiosity. The King has no problem expressing herself when she is sharing insight, leading with insight, mastering a hobby she can share.

When the King grows into adulthood with a healthy nurturing of sharing, curiosity, communication, and insight, she knows that nothing she focuses on at the moment is stealing her life away, or that something is being taken away from her by having to share more of herself. This King knows that she (and others) can share, give, and take as is appropriate or necessary and none of this is any longer a threat.

Essence of Children Continued for Scholar Role

December 15, 2019

SCHOLARS

MEntity:
SCHOLARS will tend to naturally nurture the Neutral/Assimilative or Instinctive Center and has as its greatest need for emphasis and nurturing to be in the Inspirational/Emotional Center in life as soon as possible.

Though the Scholar rests naturally in this Instinctive/Assimilative/Neutral Center and can move to any other Center for focus, it is the Emotional Center that tends to be the least-nurtured and most-ignored, or the most wounded or neglected of the Centers for nearly every Scholar.

Scholars navigate life absorbing "everything."

They do so as a means to move, so to speak.

Scholars move through life by absorbing one thing to get to the other. They do not move forward without absorbing. They may look far ahead and see where they want to go, but they must move from one thing to the next to the next to get there, like a sticky, rolling mass that carries something from everything it rolls across.

This is why Scholars tend to retract as far into themselves as possible as a means to allow room for everything that "sticks" to them.

What Scholars tend to do is focus everything on the Expressive/Intellectual Center as a way to balance themselves. They do so as a way to give form to their ideas and to give shape to the experiences that are generated, absorbed, or processed. They learn to depend upon this Center as their balance because it, at least, lets them engage with the world around them in some way. However, the high dependency on this Center means that they can also create a constant buffer around them that keeps intimacy and warmth at a distance, even as they talk and talk and talk, or invent, or inform, or educate, or correct.

Talking is a lifeline for many Scholars as it is the only way they know how to be present after years and years of navigating from the Neutral and absorbing center of themselves.

What tends to happen over time is that this Expressive element helps to offset the distance between the Scholar and people/life/love/intimacy, etc., but it also begins to diminish their sense of Inspiration/Emotional elements of life.

A Scholar without a constant flow of Inspiration to balance their Neutral/Assimilative core can become a painfully sensitive and uninspired mess that loses their sense of center altogether.

This is why it is vital to engage and encourage and nurture the Emotional/Inspirational Center of a Scholar as early in life as possible.

From a very early age, Scholars are looking for someone safe. Someone close. Someone who simply holds a space for them and offers feedback and kindness about the ideas, thoughts, feelings, and interests of the Scholar. They absorb "everything" so they learn to distance from "everything," but when they are exposed to honesty, kindness, and affection, they learn that there are safe things in the world to absorb. And because Scholars are so Neutral/Assimilative in their sense of self, it helps them to begin a healthy definition of themselves to see a reflection/inspiration that is safe, loving, and kind.

The Scholar may need many things and ask for many things and require guidance and resources and structure, but the developing Scholar, of all of the Roles, needs safety and kindness more than any other Role.

This may seem to be a key element for any developing child, and that is because it is. The Scholar is at the center of all Essence Roles and therefore, what it needs most can apply to all other Roles, and what all other Roles need can apply to the Scholar. But of all of these, it is the safety and kindness that matter most to the Scholar.

If this is nurtured, the Scholar grows into a person who no longer depends entirely on the Intellect as a long bridge to intimacy, but learns to trust closeness and learns to see themselves in life, others, and the world.

NOTE: you may wish to refine the information in this exchange another time, but this is our response at the moment.

• LIKE/LOVE 3
  • THANK YOU! 3